Author Topic: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*  (Read 800583 times)

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #600 on: December 12, 2006, 01:26:59 PM »
Hey guys- I just thought of something that has been bugging me that just doesn't make sense. Last week I saw Phil on Rachel Ray's talk show. The show wasn't pretaped- how was Phil in the US between December 4-8th if he's supposed to be the host of allstars?

Was Phil around to promote the finale of TAR10?  I do not remember hearing that he was going to be on the usual shows.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #601 on: December 12, 2006, 01:29:18 PM »
I'm having trouble getting location information on the spoiler pix.

In GE it seems to be directly under a big cloud!   :groan:

It would help to get some more location pictures.  Already, from the camera times we have Charla and Mirna about 2 hours 40 min ahead of Eric & Danielle.  The Cha's shot was from a different camera set with the wrong date.  The shadows may help sort it out.  But I need to know which way is North!   :cmas11
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #602 on: December 12, 2006, 01:50:15 PM »
Hey guys- I just thought of something that has been bugging me that just doesn't make sense. Last week I saw Phil on Rachel Ray's talk show. The show wasn't pretaped- how was Phil in the US between December 4-8th if he's supposed to be the host of allstars?

Was Phil around to promote the finale of TAR10?  I do not remember hearing that he was going to be on the usual shows.

no phil has been filming taras so he wasnt around

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #603 on: December 12, 2006, 02:09:05 PM »
Many of the places you listed they can't go too...Papua New Guinea, Israel, Mali, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone are too dangerous and now recently Fiji also with the military coup.

Also I guess your Canadian because Americans aren't allowed to go into Cuba and vice versa, because of the whole communism/dictatorship they haven't been able to go to Cuba since the 1960's.

I thought you couldnt go to Cuba directly from USA, no US flights can go to Cuba, however i thought you can go from connecting, like you could fly to London, and then go to Cuba.

Papua New Guinea i believe was in a interview with Phil as a place he would like to visit.  this interview was from right after AR7. 
Tel Aviv and Jereuslam Isreal i think are pretty safe, i know of tons of people that go to Isreal, i know someonw who went on a Honeymoon there, and got married, the race spending what 2 days there wouldnt be too dangerious.

And to be honest now a days what country is really "safe" to travel too?  USA has had what 4 plain hyjackings in one day, never heard of it anywhere else since, London bombings, and Spain bombings the race still goes to those places.

Fiji i still think is safe even with the coup.  Survivor finished filming there [even with the coup going on] they didnt ship out.  Real World also deff. went to Fiji a few years ago.

It doesnt really matter though.  I kind of just want them to go to Ireland, and Croatia the most!  They prolly wont though those places are better suited for good weather not almost winter weather.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #604 on: December 12, 2006, 02:31:03 PM »
Many of the places you listed they can't go too...Papua New Guinea, Israel, Mali, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone are too dangerous and now recently Fiji also with the military coup.

Also I guess your Canadian because Americans aren't allowed to go into Cuba and vice versa, because of the whole communism/dictatorship they haven't been able to go to Cuba since the 1960's.

I thought you couldnt go to Cuba directly from USA, no US flights can go to Cuba, however i thought you can go from connecting, like you could fly to London, and then go to Cuba.

Papua New Guinea i believe was in a interview with Phil as a place he would like to visit.  this interview was from right after AR7. 
Tel Aviv and Jereuslam Isreal i think are pretty safe, i know of tons of people that go to Isreal, i know someonw who went on a Honeymoon there, and got married, the race spending what 2 days there wouldnt be too dangerious.

And to be honest now a days what country is really "safe" to travel too?  USA has had what 4 plain hyjackings in one day, never heard of it anywhere else since, London bombings, and Spain bombings the race still goes to those places.

Fiji i still think is safe even with the coup.  Survivor finished filming there [even with the coup going on] they didnt ship out.  Real World also deff. went to Fiji a few years ago.

It doesnt really matter though.  I kind of just want them to go to Ireland, and Croatia the most!  They prolly wont though those places are better suited for good weather not almost winter weather.

i lived in between jerusalem and tel aviv for 2 years and yes they are both safe.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #605 on: December 12, 2006, 02:50:35 PM »
I guess they could be in Hong Kong?
Hong Kong — Current local time: 4:42 AM on Wednesday, December 13
According to http://www.google.com

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur is the capital of Malaysia
Current time Wednesday, December 13, 2006 at 4:42:41 AM  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=122

izad
More info from my intel.. they will be in Malaysia from the 9th to 12th December. I'm trying to find out where exactly the roadblocks/detours will be so I can have more than one chance of getting their pictures.

Chateau we assume izads camara's time wasn't set on his camara if you want to read through the thread @ sucks  :cmaslo l?
Heres the photobucket if that helps?
Thanks for the timeline mwooden umm errr " Grasshopper "
x-kicks I think the photos were taken this past weekend? or?

eta:( Slowhatch is better at this than me..this is the date it was uploaded? )
From the Eric & Dani picture :
File size: 113624 bytes
File date: 2006:12:10 20:12:34
Camera make: SONY
Camera model: CYBERSHOT
Date/Time: 2006:12:10 10:49:24
Resolution: 800 x 600
Flash used: No
Focal length: 7.7mm
Exposure time: 0.0031 s (1/320)
Aperture: f/4.0
ISO equiv.: 100
Whitebalance: Auto
Metering Mode: matrix
Exposure: program (auto)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 06:19:10 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #606 on: December 12, 2006, 03:11:35 PM »
map

Yes its one BIG cloud  :cmaslol

from this site
Batu Caves, Selayang - Go there | Map
better map

« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 03:37:49 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #607 on: December 12, 2006, 03:27:33 PM »
another pic of where the BQ's are running

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #608 on: December 12, 2006, 06:30:25 PM »
hehe
Izad, so who arrived first, the Chas or the BQs?
Oh, and do you know anything that would give credit to the Hong Kong sighting? 
izad
In order of arrival at the route marker:

Charla/Mirna
(2 hour gap)
The Chas
(10 minutes gap)
The BQs
(30 minutes gap)
Eric/Danielle.

and no, on the Hong Kong sighting

eta: izad
Colby's right. The date on the other camera wasn't set properly.
The Chas arrived at exactly 10:00am which means they were pretty close with the BQs.
Though Charla/Mirna has a huge 2 hour lead, don't go nuts yet and discount the possibility of them having an equalizer after this route marke (as mentioned by TVIS).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 10:56:20 AM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #609 on: December 12, 2006, 06:54:51 PM »
The lat-long for the BatCave are easy enough to get from places like this. And judging from photos like this, which shows the freeway in the background, I'd guess (and it's only a guess) that the main staircase points NorthEast.
ETA: I wouldn't make much of the anomalous Kodak setting; a lot of electronic gizmos default to New Year's Day if the clock hasn't been set.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #611 on: December 12, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »
more from twop
apskip
Channel Surfer

Today @ 1:16 pm Post #5635
DUSTYGIRL, My source is confidential, but got it from someone in Hong Kong who actually saw them there. Regretfully, I have no other details and do not know the others teams there.

Could it be that Dustin and Kandice and Oswald and Danny are in Hong Kong as SEQUESTERVILLE?  That would mean that Charla and Mirna and Eric and Danielle and the unnamed 5th team are the final three.

Just supposing since TARAS seems to be going to all new places this time around.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #612 on: December 12, 2006, 08:41:58 PM »
more from twop
apskip
Channel Surfer

Today @ 1:16 pm Post #5635
DUSTYGIRL, My source is confidential, but got it from someone in Hong Kong who actually saw them there. Regretfully, I have no other details and do not know the others teams there.

Could it be that Dustin and Kandice and Oswald and Danny are in Hong Kong as SEQUESTERVILLE?  That would mean that Charla and Mirna and Eric and Danielle and the unnamed 5th team are the final three.

Just supposing since TARAS seems to be going to all new places this time around.

izod or whatever his name is from sucks said they whrere in malysia from 9-12. so there is no chance they eliminated 2 teams that quickly

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #613 on: December 12, 2006, 09:01:47 PM »
and we got a better shot of eric and danielle from izad

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o75/madame_helga/4-4.jpg
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 09:30:01 PM by Kogs »

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #614 on: December 12, 2006, 09:25:54 PM »
Yeah you can really see her facial features thats Danielle no question.

As for the rumor of Hong Kong.  It is almost immpossible that 2 teams could be eliminated that quickly.  I might go back and check if we have ever had to legs that didn't require at least two days to film.

ANd depending on how far the they actually are in the race.  If Maylasia was leg, 8 or 9 most likely then its still possibe that all 5 teams are still in.  And most likely (99% at least four).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #615 on: December 12, 2006, 09:36:19 PM »
Besides the all that the Hong Kong rumor may not be true.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 10:57:01 AM by puddin »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #616 on: December 12, 2006, 09:38:22 PM »
Besides the all that the Hong Kong rumor is not true.

thats why i said take it fwiw

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #617 on: December 12, 2006, 09:48:05 PM »
Oh I wasn't blaming you Kogs  :cmaslol

another fwiw:

Twop's
Some friends of mine are Peace Corps vols in Mozambique and claim that the race came through Maputo sometime between Thanksgiving and December 7. One of the destinations was the old Portuguese fort (pictured here: http://tabisite.com/gallery_af/mozambique/91af265.jpg). Unfortunately they didn't have any other details. This does seem consistent with the spoilers that teams were on their way to South Africa, as Maputo is usually reached through Joburg.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #618 on: December 12, 2006, 10:03:16 PM »
That's a pretty big window!  But good to know.

I guess I don't need to do time by shadows for the stairway shots.  I can't beat the Exif data.

I'm so happy they didn't see Romber.   :mas25

I can't wait to them standing right next to the mat when the winning team runs in!   :rotf:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #619 on: December 12, 2006, 10:12:48 PM »
If Romber was eliminated it was because they wanted to be :hand:  :cmas12
I'm so happy with the 4 teams that izad spoiled that I can't complain! Best final 4 EVAH!! I won't "whoot" for  :jumpy:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #620 on: December 12, 2006, 10:33:37 PM »
If Romber was eliminated it was because they wanted to be :hand:  :cmas12
I'm so happy with the 4 teams that izad spoiled that I can't complain! Best final 4 EVAH!! I won't "whoot" for  :jumpy:

Yuck.  I liked season 1 and 2 final four better.

I liked season's 5's final four better.

I really like Cha, cha.  I like Charla, I like Eric.  I am cool with Dustin & Kandice, I don't dsilike them just neither here nor there.  Probably would have liked them more if they didn't depend on so much local assistance.  Didn't like it when Rob & Amber did it and got famous for using more hten anyone up to that time, certainly didn't need to saa another team use it even more then they did.  Was neutral to the DD's.

But I hate Mirna.  Just didn't like her at all.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #621 on: December 12, 2006, 10:41:37 PM »
I hope the Mozambique spoiler pans out..it looks like a place the race would go.

mswood, season 5 and 7 were my favs :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #622 on: December 12, 2006, 10:56:48 PM »
I hope the Mozambique spoiler pans out..it looks like a place the race would go.

mswood, season 5 and 7 were my favs :)
I wasn't a huge fan of 7, like almost the entire cast except for bottom feeder Ray, suck it up Deana.

But I wasn't that impressed with the routes or the tasks in that season.  I think its the worst season for tasks (well of course not counting Family Edition).

Tasks wise I loved season 2 the best.  But I only liked about half the cast.  Luckily most of them were in it for the long haul.

The Fort looks cool.

Offline godsmack

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Smile ! thanks you just made me money...lol
« Reply #623 on: December 13, 2006, 12:02:00 AM »
 :groan:
I am sooooo going to stop reading spoilers.
Season 7 should have taught me that
Since Izad posted his spoiler I have heard 5
Different stories that say something totally different
than What everybody has bought into with Izads pics
 :groan:
I am going to bed now to get rid of this headache :faint:

jackie

« Reply #624 on: December 13, 2006, 02:22:02 AM »
i keep hearing different stories on different things