Author Topic: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*  (Read 800520 times)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ?
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2006, 03:28:09 PM »
Don't know if anyone listened to the final broadcast of CBS House Calls (BB7 webcast) with Gretchen M.  During the interview with finalists Mike Boogie and Erika, Will (Dr. Delicious) called in and told Boogie to prepare for the next Amazing Race (Team Will & Boogie).  Boogie gave the impression it was not a done deal.  Will possibly trying to pressure TAR producers to include a "celebrity" team in TAR11.  Could be just a stunt to get a few more minutes of fame.  LOL.

Archive of House Calls netcasts can be found at http://www.cbs.com/netcast

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2006, 04:17:07 PM »
Please no Boogers ..( looks for the barf emote ) .. bring on Janelle & Will  :woohoo:

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2006, 07:50:01 AM »
If they do an allstars it will only be from past racers.   (:;)

I hate stunt casting.  These guys have already been over exposed. :meow:

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2006, 09:14:32 AM »
I think they should do a celebrity one with other show contestants.... everyone feels their show was the hardest, let them compete on the other shows.

Kaysar and james or Dani and Janelle
Coby and Colby ~ team Texans
Jenna and Jenna
Judd and Chris
  Mix the teams up

Offline FrostieJ

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
  • Amazing Racer
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2006, 11:25:20 AM »
 :jumpy:  Yea...and have past racers as greeters and as parts of roadblocks along the way....

C'mon banredbeans...let's go.............
Somebody buy me a drink!

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2006, 04:25:10 PM »
As much as I love Dr. Will I think there are so many TAR teams deserving of a second chance that it wouldn't be fair to include other "celebs". Joni, I'd absolutely love to see you girls again. You guys are hilarious and the ride didn't last long enough.  :hearts:
Hey, how fun would it be to mix and match up past teams? This would work particularly well for those teams that aren't a couple anymore.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2006, 08:11:35 AM »
TAR 11 WAS picked up, just throwing this in here
from variety

'Race' facing 11th run
Eye orders production on new season of reality skein

By JOSEF ADALIAN
"The Amazing Race" is sprinting to another season.
CBS has greenlit production on the 11th cycle of the globetrotting reality skein from exec producers Jerry Bruckheimer and Bert van Munster. News comes two weeks after "Race" relocated to a new Sunday-night slot, where it's helped boost the Eye's overall fortunes on the night -- particularly among younger viewers.

In addition to bringing desirable demos to CBS, "Race" has been an Emmy magnet, winning the reality competish category four years in a row. Phil Keoghan -- aka "The Phil-iminator" -- is the host.

Bruckheimer, van Munster, Jonathan Littman and Hayma Screech Washington are exec producers of "Race." Skein is produced by Bruckheimer TV and Earthview, in association with Touchstone TV and Amazing Race Prods.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2006, 11:25:07 AM »
YAY bring on the All-Stars !!!!!!!

CBS Press :

CBS PICKS UP "THE AMAZING RACE" FOR ITS 11TH SPRINT
AROUND THE WORLD

The Current 10th Edition of The Four-Time Emmy-Winning Reality Show Averaging More Than 10 Million Viewers in Its New Sunday Time Period

CBS has picked up the four-time Emmy-winning reality series THE  AMAZING RACE for its 11th edition to be broadcast this spring.

THE AMAZING RACE 10, hosted by Phil Keoghan, premiered on Sunday, Sept. 17 delivering 10.13 million viewers, 4.6/10 in adults 25-54, 3.9/09 in adults 18-49 and 3.1/09 in adults 18-34.  This was the best delivery for any AMAZING RACE broadcast in viewers since Feb. 28, 2006, in adults 25-54 since March 21, 2006, in adults 18-49 since March 28, 2006 and in adults 18-34 since March 14, 2006.

THE AMAZING RACE 10, part of CBS's new Sunday lineup which includes COLD CASE and WITHOUT A TRACE, has helped boost the night in viewers and key demographics.

THE AMAZING RACE 10 features 12 Teams of two on a trek around the world for approximately 30 days.  At every destination, each Team competes in a series of challenges -- some mental and some physical -- and only when the tasks have been completed will they learn their next destination.  Teams who are farthest behind will gradually be eliminated as the contest progresses, with the first Team to arrive at the final destination winning $1 million.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 11:32:52 AM by puddin »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2006, 01:04:16 PM »
from tvgasm

TVgasm EXCLUSIVE - Survivor, Big Brother and Now Amazing Race All Stars
While we all eagerly await B-Side's recap of last night's Amazing Race, TVgasm has credible confirmation that the eleventh season of The Amazing Race, which begins shooting next month, will be an ALL STAR edition. So far the only teams who are credibly confirmed to return are Collin and Christy and Mirna and Schmirna. There have been a few seasons worth of speculation as to when TAR would bring in the ALL STAR element. Rumors circulated in July that the folks at Bruckheimer were checking availability of previous racers for Oct/Nov, but now TVgasm has learned contracts have been signed and racers will return for the eleventh season, which begins shooting next month.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2006, 01:11:48 PM »
 :-\  TAR11 = All Stars ?  ???

This may be the end of the world, or at least TAR's "swan song".  If it can survive Sunday nights, it may be able to survive an All Stars Edition.  Besides, who wouldn't want to see a dwarf and a lunatic again.   ;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2006, 01:16:19 PM »
and the list goes on and on   , I have so many favorites to list * Lori & Bolo * Cough * Cough * :woohoo: !!  LUV Charla & Mirna !! Can't see Romber doing this with his new Sci-Fi gig . Thanks Kogs !!
and Boingo ! Shame on you  :lol:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2006, 01:17:32 PM »
boingo dont worry this isnt it swan song, relax sunday nights are helping ALOT, just relax, and cbs has the superbowl again this year i got a funny feeling this will be one loooooooong race lol.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2006, 01:27:11 PM »
NO WAY these teams won't be spotted right away .. saying " were doing a documentary " won't float :nut:
 more for my list to name a few .........Lisa & Joni  and John & Scott and Lena & Kristy and Meredith & Gretchen and Kris & Jon ..Derek & Drew .. team Cha Cha Cha ..Beckar & Adam .. The Guidos ,a pair from TAR8  , the Pinkies !!

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2006, 02:24:01 PM »
I'm with Puddin on the Charla love -- my daughter has the same form of dwarfism as Charla and was born the same summer that season aired, so that was very cool for us.

Although I would have loved to see Charla paired with a competent partner -- I could say the same for Sarah this time around. Sarah/Charla - now THAT would be a team.

Bring on All-Stars!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2006, 03:04:28 PM »
I'm with Puddin on the Charla love -- my daughter has the same form of dwarfism as Charla and was born the same summer that season aired, so that was very cool for us.

Although I would have loved to see Charla paired with a competent partner -- I could say the same for Sarah this time around. Sarah/Charla - now THAT would be a team.

Bring on All-Stars!
Oh I bets your daughter is just adorable mwooden ! I'm not a dwarf but I never hit 5' tall ..been stuck at 4'11 since I was 13yrs old and if I had to live my life all over again I would not wish to be any taller than I am ..petite is sweet and us short people have to stick together  :hugs:

Bring on those All-Stars  :jumpy: !! what about the Bowling MOMS ?  :woohoo:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2006, 03:34:14 PM »

Bring on All-Stars!
Oh I bets your daughter is just adorable mwooden ! I'm not a dwarf but I never hit 5' tall ..been stuck at 4'11 since I was 13yrs old and if I had to live my life all over again I would not wish to be any taller than I am ..petite is sweet and us short people have to stick together  :hugs:

Bring on those All-Stars  :jumpy: !! what about the Bowling MOMS ?  :woohoo:

damm i tower over you :lol: :lol:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2006, 05:16:28 PM »
Yeah, I don't know how I fell about it.

1.  I have been curious to see it.

2.  But I also dread it.

3.  Choice.

Dou you go with the teams that are the best racers?
Do you go with the teams that won (usually good racers, but not usually the best of their season)?
Or do you go with characters?

Based on the choice of Mirna and Charla I would say characters (though they were a good team in season 5, they weren't the best).  The above Colin and Christy were an overall better team as was Brandon & Nicole.  But tehy were better characters (at least Charla, I hated Mirna with a fiery passion).

Because personally I wouldn't pick anyone that didn't make final four, no matter how much I liked tehm.  Nor would I pick teams that hit multiple non eliminations (sorry Flo and Zach, BJ & Tyler), they already had their second chance and their third for that matter.

Of course there are teams I think desire a chance at all stars, that might not be interested (for any number of various reasons).

msbuni

« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2006, 11:00:37 AM »
Usually by now they would have the applications up as well as casting calls going on or that have happened...that might be a sign that TAR11 will be an AS...

which I am not really looking forward to since I believe some of the greatness of TAR is the new people and experiences they share - not to mention there are some teams that I really just don't want to see on my TV again!!  (:;)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2006, 12:32:59 PM »
One thing that will be intreresting if they do all stars . ..  is the new rule about how many road blocks each can do.  Some of the good teams 1 partner did the majority or all of the raodblaocks.  now that their partner would have to do some I think it might be a BIG factor.  do nto get me wrong the teams were tough, but do you think christy would have done the rope wall the same speed as Colin?

Will be interesting to see how they pick teams.  Maybe they shoudl make them all remas of 4 so the families can participate.  They would pair up 2 teams from each season.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2006, 01:40:24 PM »
thanks to Joni for the link  :hallo24  , it might come in handy for the All-stars or not?
Racers scheduled to attend:
Date: Sunday, December 10th

Chip & Kim McAllister
(Winners TAR5)

BJ Averell
(Winner TAR9)

Scott Braginton-Smith
(TAR9)

Nick Linz
(Winner TAR8)

Monica & Sheree
(TAR4)

Ray & Deana
(TAR7)

Talicia Raggs
(TAR3)

Michael & Kathy
(TAR3)

Stassi Schroeder
(TAR8)

Shola & Doyin
(TAR2)

Joni Glaze
(TAR9)

Steve Cottingham
(TAR4)

Kellie and Jamie
(TAR10)

http://www.mldevents.com/TAR10Finale/

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2006, 01:57:04 PM »
thanks to Joni for the link  :hallo24  , it might come in handy for the All-stars or not?
Racers scheduled to attend:
Date: Sunday, December 10th

Chip & Kim McAllister
(Winners TAR5)

BJ Averell
(Winner TAR9)

Scott Braginton-Smith
(TAR9)

Nick Linz
(Winner TAR8)

Monica & Sheree
(TAR4)

Ray & Deana
(TAR7)

Talicia Raggs
(TAR3)

Michael & Kathy
(TAR3)

Stassi Schroeder
(TAR8)

Shola & Doyin
(TAR2)

Joni Glaze
(TAR9)

Steve Cottingham
(TAR4)

Kellie and Jamie
(TAR10)

http://www.mldevents.com/TAR10Finale/

they should be back by then, since phil has to be in nyc for monday morning

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2006, 02:40:04 PM »
maybe Phil is a no show  :hallo2 ?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2006, 03:20:48 PM »
LOL :hlol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2006, 03:53:06 PM »
Maybe Phil is spending that day with puddin  :hallo25 ?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2006, 04:50:30 PM »
Maybe Phil is spending that day with puddin  :hallo25 ?

:hlol :hlol :hlol :hlol :hlol