Author Topic: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*  (Read 800622 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #1175 on: January 22, 2007, 08:46:47 PM »
That's right reality.tv--banredbeans=Tammy Gaghan!

Hi Tammy! It's great to have you sharing your insights here! I loved meeting you and your thoroughly delightful children at lunch and TARcon--some of my favorite pictures are the ones with your children!  I would have loved to see you and Bill on the race again--doesn't seem fair that Season 8 was left out... :'(

So we know where the media photos were taken.....still working on the start location though Chateau's golf course looks very possible...what else?

I was wondering where this "taken from above" shot was from...now I'm thinking it must be from the umpires chair at he volleyball field!

Are we ready to start speculating more about Ecuador and the Atacama desert?

the pic u show peach could be the beach where the hotel is and got it closed for private reasons, or that could be a sandtrap  :lol: :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1176 on: January 22, 2007, 08:50:04 PM »
that could be a sandtrap

:lol: :lol: Funny boy!   :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1177 on: January 22, 2007, 09:22:30 PM »

Sure peach..whatever you want  :kissy: .
posted by izad today in reply to a question on Poland..
I don't have much evidence on Poland.. basically that's what I think I heard. All I'm guessing is the teams must be from a really far place from KL for the fifth team to be so far behind the other four (if they were coming in from a much closer place/country, or if that place have lots of choices for connecting flights, I'm pretty sure the fifth team would've figured out some other flight options.. but they were at least 7-8 hours behind) 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1178 on: January 22, 2007, 10:23:38 PM »

This just posted at TWoP...

Awww...hope they aren't too disappointed!

benevolentToaster
Loyal Viewer

Today @ 11:11 pm Email · Report · Post #2182
I've never posted in a spoiler thread, and I just read the last several posts in the README thread so I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this. I have a relationship to one of the teams (Frat boys!) - and I am reasonably sure they are not the first ones out. I think they're in it for quite a while.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1179 on: January 23, 2007, 12:25:58 AM »
awww too bad too sad for the frats friend. On another note.. these guys are really 40 & 41? cripes must be the bald heads that make them look closer to 50  :js: ?

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1180 on: January 23, 2007, 10:37:50 AM »
awww too bad too sad for the frats friend. On another note.. these guys are really 40 & 41? cripes must be the bald heads that make them look closer to 50  :js: ?

Oh, oh I'm going shopping for one of those chia pets today  :groan:

http://www.chia.com/images/famous_chia/shrek/shrek_box.jpg

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1181 on: January 23, 2007, 12:06:09 PM »
lmao Papi  :lol:! Don't buy one! they turn to mold :nods:

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
  • Now all we need is The Amazing Race Canada!
« Reply #1182 on: January 23, 2007, 01:26:28 PM »
HI TAMMY! your one of my favorite teams of all time!.......but anyway where paying attention to the starting line.  Im curious about where the finnish line is. Maybe Eric is leaving a hint with his Myspace name. "Go F*** yourself san diego." I know its from a movie or a song or somthin but maybe he`s kinda hiding it. I dont know it was just a thought.
BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1183 on: January 23, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »
HI TAMMY! your one of my favorite teams of all time!.......but anyway where paying attention to the starting line.  Im curious about where the finnish line is. Maybe Eric is leaving a hint with his Myspace name. "Go F*** yourself san diego." I know its from a movie or a song or somthin but maybe he`s kinda hiding it. I dont know it was just a thought.
A few pages back we already discussed that Eric's my space sig was there before the race started reality.tv. and could not have anything to do with Eric hinting to where the End City might be.

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1184 on: January 23, 2007, 02:28:13 PM »
A few pages back we already discussed that Eric's my space sig was there before the race started reality.tv. and could not have anything to do with Eric hinting to where the End City might be.

oh, sorry I must have missed that page my mistake! :groan:
BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #1185 on: January 23, 2007, 02:48:06 PM »
I still think end city might be Hawaii.  Why would they fly from  Guam(US territory-customs) into Hawaii only to fly somewhere else in the States. 

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1186 on: January 23, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »
I still think end city might be Hawaii.  Why would they fly from  Guam(US territory-customs) into Hawaii only to fly somewhere else in the States. 

Yeah I agree but Hawaii could be Part One of the two part season finaleb because most seasons they go to, two states
BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1187 on: January 23, 2007, 04:36:53 PM »

remeber in tar3 they had to fly to honalulu then to another part of hawaii then to seattle, and in tar2 hawaii to alaska to sf

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1188 on: January 23, 2007, 09:05:18 PM »
On the question of finish line city, I agree with BANREDBEANS. I consider Honolulu to be the most likely. Just because previous seasons only used the Hawaiian islands as a brief stopover on the way back to the lower 48, this does not mean that AR11 should not be ground-breaking and do it differently. My second favorite is any other major Hawaiian island (Hawaii, Kauai, Mauai, Molokai, Lanai). My third favorite is San Diego, just because it has never been a finish line city and L.A., San Francisco, and Seattle (plus Phoenix and Denver) have.

We know that the final 3 flew from Guam to Honolulu. From there they could have transferred to another flight back to the lower 48, done some tasks and then got on a flight back to the lower 48, or done tasks on Oahu or one of the major Hawaiian islands. I consider the last one the highest in probability.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 08:09:01 AM by apskip »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1189 on: January 23, 2007, 09:30:15 PM »
Another thing to consider: Why send the eliminated racers to Hawaii?  ??? If the final city is on the mainland, production could save money by sending them directly from Narita/Nagoya (plenty of flights available).

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1190 on: January 23, 2007, 10:06:02 PM »
Another thing to consider: Why send the eliminated racers to Hawaii?  ??? If the final city is on the mainland, production could save money by sending them directly from Narita/Nagoya (plenty of flights available).

to run around and run decoy legs earlier than normal cause its all stars perhaps?

Offline ChaoSPBunny

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1191 on: January 23, 2007, 10:36:13 PM »
If Honolulu is the finish line, how come we don't have spoilers on it?? Unless there was, and I missed it.  ???

Keep in mind, Oahu is not that big.  Someone has to have seen the teams running around with their camera guys/sound person.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1192 on: January 23, 2007, 10:46:05 PM »
ive been looking everywhere for a film permit and can't find it, although they have filmed in the past so they may not update there info

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1193 on: January 24, 2007, 06:49:47 AM »
On the question of finish line city, I agree with BANREDBEANS. I consider Honolulu to be the most likely. Just because previous seasons only used the Hawaiian islands as a brief stopover on the way back to the lower 48, this does not mean that AR11 should not be ground-breaking and do it differently. My second favorite is any other major Hawaiian island (Hawaii, Kauai, Mauai, Molokai, Lanai). My third favorite is San Diego, just because it has never been a finish line city and L.A., San Francisco, and Seattle (plus Phoenix and Denver) have.

We know that the final 3 flew from Guam to Honolulu. From there they could have transferred to another flight back to the lower 48, done some tasks and then got on a flight back to the lower 48, or done tasks on Oahu or one of the major Hawaiian islands. I consider the last one the highest in probability.

Interesting idea to end in Hawaii.  My "problem" with this idea is that the racer will not have raced around the world.  Miami is 6000 miles from Hawaii.  I am trying to recall if any season of TAR ended in a different time zone that when it started.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1194 on: January 24, 2007, 08:05:44 AM »

Interesting idea to end in Hawaii.  My "problem" with this idea is that the racer will not have raced around the world.  Miami is 6000 miles from Hawaii.  I am trying to recall if any season of TAR ended in a different time zone that when it started.

GATOR27, the answer is that there have been several. AR3 started in Miami and ended in Seattle (-3 time zones). AR10 started in Seattle and ended in New York (+3 time zones). Also, the non-round-the-world AR8 Family Edition started in New York City and ended near Buffalo NY. For the record here is the list of all ten departure and finish line metropolitan areas:

1  NYC           NYC
2  Las Vegas   San Francisco
3  Miami         Seattle
4  Los AngelesPhoenix
5  Los AngelesDallas
6 Chicago      Chicago
7 Los Angeles Miami
8 NYC            Buffalo NY
9 Denver       Denver
10 Seattle      NYC 

Also, Miami is approximately 5000 miles from Honolulu, not 6000.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 08:49:51 AM by apskip »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #1195 on: January 25, 2007, 09:26:03 AM »

Sure peach..whatever you want  :kissy: .
posted by izad today in reply to a question on Poland..
I don't have much evidence on Poland.. basically that's what I think I heard. All I'm guessing is the teams must be from a really far place from KL for the fifth team to be so far behind the other four (if they were coming in from a much closer place/country, or if that place have lots of choices for connecting flights, I'm pretty sure the fifth team would've figured out some other flight options.. but they were at least 7-8 hours behind) 

Lots of interesting places to visit in Poland besides Warsaw:

Warsaw

The Royal Castle
Old Town Market Square
St. Anna's Church
St. John's Cathedral
Monument to the Ghetto Heros
Wilanow Palace and Park
Lazienki Park and Palaces
    Chopin Monument
    Myslewicki Palace
    The White House
    Palace on the Water

Cracow
The Wawel
   Royal Castle
   Cathedral (Church of Pope John Paul II before moving to Rome)
  "Lost Wawel" Exhibition including catacombs
Florian Gate
Main Market Square (the largest in Europe
   Cloth Hall
   Church of St. Mary's (the famous trumpet call from Hejnal Tower is recreated hourly)
Old Synagogue (one of the oldest in Europe 1500AD)

And nearby:

Benedictine Abbey in Tyniec
Monastery of Jasna Gora in Czestochowa
     Knights Hall
     Black Madonna (the most famous icon of the Catholic Faith in Poland)

Eagles' Nest Trail

Oswiecim (Auschwitz)

Wieliczka Salt Mines (really outstanding and must be visited.  Opened 700 years ago and includes vast underground chambers, sculptures, and the impressive Chapel of St. Kinga with sculptures carved from salt.

Just a few of the many places that could be visited in Poland, all within driving distance of Warsaw.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 09:34:05 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1196 on: January 25, 2007, 10:02:54 AM »
Oh Gingerman--you make me want to go! I HOPE that Poland stays on our short list--but it is looking a little unclear.

IIRC, the first mention of Poland came from someone at Sucks who had a friend  who reportedly saw Nancy/Emily and Derek/Drew on a plane to Germany and reported that they were going on to Poland . Clearly that spoiler can't be relied on.

The next mention was from Izad , who said that the teams arrived in Malaysia from Poland. However, he has since qualified this by posting that Poland could just be a stopover--or was it Holland? . Maybe he is pulling our legs--but Poland doesn't seem to be a sure thing at all. :'(

Does anyone remember anything else?

Izad--if you are out there--could you help us out?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #1197 on: January 25, 2007, 10:12:13 AM »
I just checked Airwise for flights from Warsaw to Kuala Lumpur on December 9th.  There are are no direct flights.  So it could not have been a stop over. 

If they did come from Warsaw then the connections would have been in Amsterdam, Paris, or Frankfurt.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1198 on: January 25, 2007, 10:32:47 AM »
Thanks Chateau!

And those connections require some pretty significant back tracking. What about through Bangkok? ???

Guess we won't know for sure till we get a promo to "spoil" but I've always thought that Mozambique to Poland to Malaysia was a weird route. There would be so many other cool places in Africa, India, and Asia that they could go to more directly.

And do we think that TPTB would have wanted to avoid Europe in favor of the more exotic?--especially since spoiler evidence seems in short supply in hindsight...

Still--Poland sounds most interesting!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #1199 on: January 25, 2007, 08:46:47 PM »
Thanks Chateau!

And those connections require some pretty significant back tracking. What about through Bangkok? ???

Guess we won't know for sure till we get a promo to "spoil" but I've always thought that Mozambique to Poland to Malaysia was a weird route. There would be so many other cool places in Africa, India, and Asia that they could go to more directly.

And do we think that TPTB would have wanted to avoid Europe in favor of the more exotic?--especially since spoiler evidence seems in short supply in hindsight...

Still--Poland sounds most interesting!

We have a significant time gap between Maputo, Mozambique and Kuala Lumpur - December 2 to December 9 so the teams could very well go north to Europe (one of the five continents visited) to places like Ireland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Croatia, Serbia and Poland which have not been visited in previous TARs