Author Topic: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*  (Read 800443 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #1125 on: January 21, 2007, 11:05:31 AM »
GEORGIA PEACH, I have some thoughts about the second Phil photo. It looks like the royal palm trees in the background are at a golf course. I have investigated all golf courses on islands in the area or in Bal Harbor North Miami Beach, or Miami Beach. I come up with this list:

Bayshore Country Club - on Alton Drive in Miami Beach
Bayshore Country Club - a little further north on Alton Drive in Miami Beach
La Gorce Golf Course - further north on Alton Drive in Miami Beach
Normandy Shores Gulf Club - on Biarritz Drive at the west end of the upper part of Normandy Isle
Indian Creek Country Club - in the middle of Indian Creek Village, just west of Surfside; it looks like an isalnd but is not named as one
Haulover Golf Course - on Collins Avenue at the north end of Bal Harbor

I can't get ground-level shots of any of these, only coming down from on top, so it is impossible for me to match up any of these with Phil's photo.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1126 on: January 21, 2007, 12:35:27 PM »
where is the tpc with the 17 island played at?? i know its in florida but is it near miami?

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #1127 on: January 21, 2007, 12:56:46 PM »
This has nothing to do with TARAS, but I thought I would just throw this in for the heck of it.  Appllications for TAR12 closed on January 16.  Did any of our guys apply?  Puddin?  According to rules TAR12 will start filming anytime in late May to July for airdate in August.

Also noted is that TAR Central Europe will be producing their first show this spring with contestants from Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Rumania and Bulgaria.

SO, it just might be that I will be either running into TAR12 or TARCE during my May-June trip to Czech Republic, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Rumania and Bulgaria. :yess:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 10:02:36 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1128 on: January 21, 2007, 01:20:35 PM »
Hi guys. I just played catch up by reading the last few pages. Can't wait for it to start! Great work finding the starting line.

Kogs, too bad ya'll have to wish for snow for a chance to win.  :lol: :lol: :lol: WHO DAT? Gotta go watch my Saints now - GEAUX SAINTS!  :meow:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1129 on: January 21, 2007, 01:50:43 PM »
This has nothing to do with TARAS, but I thought I would just throw this in for the heck of it.  Appllications for TAR12 closed on January 16.  Did any of our guys apply?  Puddin?  According to rules TAR12 will start filming anytime in late May to July for airdate in August.

Also noted is that TAR Central Aisa will be producing their first show this spring with contestants from Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Rumania and Bulgaria.

SO, it just might be that I will be either running into TAR12 or TARCA during my May-June trip to Czech Republic, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Rumania and Bulgaria. :yess:
Sounds like quite the trip Gman  :jumpy: << puddin packing her bags!! The only thing is TAR12 has not been officially picked up yet by cBS but me thinks the All Star ratings will soar and TPTB will get the results they were hoping for :yess:

SUPS!!!!!!!!  :waves: I was thinking about you!!  :kissy: None of my teams made the playoffs so were going for the underdogs COLTS!!

and as far as this picture of Phil goes...I'm thinking it was just a photo opportunity not the official browsie :naughtyd: , just a guess.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1130 on: January 21, 2007, 01:55:18 PM »
Maybe its Pelican Island? I just heard it doesn't start at the Pelican Harbor Marina  :lol:, i have no specifics.

:meow: Just when we were getting comfortable with the starting line, here comes puddin throwing a "monkey wrench" in the works.  LOL.  She may be right.   :groan:  While the team photo pix were taken on the island, the starting line with Phil may well NOT be at Pelican Island Marina Park.  After looking at the GE pix of the marina park, I don't see the (royal) palms anywhere near the park.  However, the only clearing on Pelican Island itself does have a row of palms, and a very very small grassy area next to the sand covered vollyball area, BUT can you imagine cramming 22 racers, Phil, and a dozen or so crew members on a patch of ground that small?  LOL.  I doubt it.  Soooo.....the actual starting line is most likely in a third location.  Here we go again.   :knuckles:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
  • Now all we need is The Amazing Race Canada!
« Reply #1131 on: January 21, 2007, 02:17:13 PM »
Its possible they might be able to fit the racers and crew in the sandy vollyball court. Phil could be on the oppisite side of the row of Palm trees

BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #1132 on: January 21, 2007, 02:51:18 PM »
I really think it is a golf course.  This is where we should be looking:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1133 on: January 21, 2007, 04:40:19 PM »
great job Big Bad BEARS!!!! :jam: :jam:

:woohoo: Doin' a snow dance for you here Kogs    :tup: :jam:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #1134 on: January 21, 2007, 04:56:34 PM »
I think I have found a possibility for the start location.  It is the Crandon Golf Course located on the "island paradise" of Key Biscayne:  6700 Crandon Boulevard, Key Biscayne, Florida 33149

I put some indicators on a GE image of the golf course.  The yellow arrow are the direction of the morning sunlight on November 20th.  The thick red arrow is the direction of Phil's torso during the "Go" shot.  The thin red arrow is the direction he has turned his head.  The camera angle for the "Go" shot is shown.  The thick orange arrow is the direction of Phil's torso during the "gone" shot.  And the thin orange arrow is the direction he has turned his head.  The camera angle for the "gone" shot is also shown.

The teams are shown as a lime crescent.  They will run southwest to the parking lot.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #1135 on: January 21, 2007, 04:59:54 PM »
Here is how it looks relative to the Miami skyline:

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1136 on: January 21, 2007, 05:16:12 PM »
I think I have found a possibility for the start location.  It is the Crandon Golf Course located on the "island paradise" of Key Biscayne:  6700 Crandon Boulevard, Key Biscayne, Florida 33149

I put some indicators on a GE image of the golf course.  The yellow arrow are the direction of the morning sunlight on November 20th.  The thick red arrow is the direction of Phil's torso during the "Go" shot.  The thin red arrow is the direction he has turned his head.  The camera angle for the "Go" shot is shown.  The thick orange arrow is the direction of Phil's torso during the "gone" shot.  And the thin orange arrow is the direction he has turned his head.  The camera angle for the "gone" shot is also shown.

The teams are shown as a lime crescent.  They will run southwest to the parking lot.

SO KINDA LIKE THIS?

BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1137 on: January 21, 2007, 05:19:19 PM »
I read that the Peggy & Claire made the list of 18  :yess: but does anyone eles know the rest of the teams who made the list of 18? (SORRY ITS OFF TOPIC)
BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #1138 on: January 21, 2007, 05:23:21 PM »
Here is a rotated GE image to match that map.  I think they left out some details to make it easier to find the tees.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1139 on: January 21, 2007, 05:35:19 PM »
I just checked out some pictures of the Crandon Golf Course, Chateau! Very Nice :yess: !!

I read that the Peggy & Claire made the list of 18  :yess: but does anyone eles know the rest of the teams who made the list of 18? (SORRY ITS OFF TOPIC)

No your not off topic reality.tv. ..............so far we hear Jon/Kelly, DJ & Mama Paolo and then of course Peggy & Claire and then there was some other combo team that was suppose to race but am not sure who they were?

( Congrats to Da Bear fans! )

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1140 on: January 21, 2007, 05:37:41 PM »
^^ visions of teams arriving in golf carts

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #1141 on: January 21, 2007, 06:22:57 PM »
There's a dock.  So Phil gets to arrive by cigarette boat!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1142 on: January 21, 2007, 06:52:25 PM »
( Congrats to Da Bear fans! )

Thanks Puddin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :jumpy: :woohoo: :dancer: :kuss: :jam: :jam:

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1143 on: January 21, 2007, 07:17:10 PM »
^^ visions of teams arriving in golf carts
lol golf carts.......but that is a good idea for the setting you know?
BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1144 on: January 21, 2007, 07:57:56 PM »
Wow  Chateau! :jumpy:!  How did you ever find that! Great job!

This all seems very possible--with an early morning start it seems reasonable that the back 9 might be able to be closed off for a little--there would be a place for cars (or golf carts :lol:)--it isn't far from the airport.

Chateau--I found some more ground level shots--maybe some of them will help...Unfortunately they don't identify which hole is which--but looks like you have us between the 9th and 10th?

This is the site of the PGA Senior Caribbean Classic--anybody have that on tape?? ;D

I've found the golf manager and will be glad to call on Tuesday if y'all want me to... ;)

CRANDON GOLF KEY BISCAYNE
6700 Crandon Boulevard
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
Phone: (305)-361-9129
Fax: (305)-361-1062
www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/parks/golf.htm
Carlos McKeon

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1145 on: January 21, 2007, 08:00:47 PM »
more...

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1146 on: January 21, 2007, 08:02:09 PM »
lastly

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #1147 on: January 21, 2007, 08:10:47 PM »
Thanks Peach.

Keep'em coming because I'm not 100% sure on this.  This Phil shot does not fit in with the other two.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1148 on: January 21, 2007, 08:24:49 PM »
Maybe that one is from our media site--little Pelican Island??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1149 on: January 21, 2007, 08:39:19 PM »
Maybe that one is from our media site--little Pelican Island??
Thats what I think too ..same goes for Bert & Elise ..