Author Topic: so you think you can dance?  (Read 15484 times)

Nuala

so you think you can dance?
« on: May 27, 2006, 04:18:57 PM »
Has anyone watched this show?  I had wanted to watch it Thursday, but was too tired.  I am going to start this week coming up.  I love to dance!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: so you think you can dance?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 05:59:50 PM »
don't waste your time Nuala  :lol:

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 01:55:06 AM »
Yes Nuala, I watch this show.  I watched it last season and enjoyed it.  The dancing is exciting every week once they pick their finalists.  Last year I did not start watching the show until the finalists were picked.  The contestants had to pick their partner out of a hat and then they picked their style of dance out of a hat as well.  They had hip hop, jive, lyrical, ballroom.  All very nice. So every week they had different partners and different styles of dance to perform.  I tuned in the other night to see them audition people in New York and some other place.  It was interesting to say the least.  They had this one guy, in his 20's come to the audition with his mother.  Then after he performed the weirdest dance, not very good either.  He didn't want to talk to the host until he told his mother what they said.  He wanted his stage name to be sexy.  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:.  He was far from it.  They also showed some good dancers and I look forward to seeing them perform.

Offline PsychoJason

• RFF Full Member
  • youtube.com/RetroWinnipeg
    • Win with Dell
So You Think You Can Watch?
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 02:42:02 AM »
I never really understood these dancing shows...all that the viewers should be looking out for is very confusing. It really isn't that easy to define what dance should be. Dance Fever 2003 confused me a lot, and so does this show. Auditions may be okay, but the main competiton is so dull and complex. How was this a hit again?

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 07:59:03 AM »
Probably a hit becasuse it draws people in to watch the ones make fools of themselves. Then they are drawn in the rest of the season. That's my best guess.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 06:38:58 AM »
Yeah, you're probably right, Jeff.  However, like Bathfizzy...I love dancing and watching people dance!  So Yup, this is a show I think I'll like...esp after the auditions. 
At least, I'm gonna give it a chance.  (didn't see season1) 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 11:25:20 AM »
I'm not sure about this yet. I've got my summer planned for BB and TH

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 04:16:11 PM »
Yeh, me too.  BB will be my primary show.  What's TH?  I probably should know, but mind's a blank at the moment!

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 04:23:54 PM »
Treasure Hunters

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 12:03:13 AM »
Ohh, ok.  I think I saw a preview of it recently & as I recall, it looked like it might be a good show.  What channel & time? 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 08:17:17 AM »
http://www.nbc.com/Treasure_Hunters/
NBC - June 18th 8/7central

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 05:22:01 AM »
Thanks Jeff.  I'll ck it out.  :tup:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 05:25:54 AM »
I'll be glad when the dance auditions are finished!  Borrring.  So far, my fav is the couple from last week who danced beautifully.  She came to America from Russia and I think her partner is Russian descent.  They are truly great dancers!

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 01:08:45 AM »
I LIKE THE AUDITIONS!!  TOO FUNNY :lol3:  SO MANY WANNA BE'S  :groan:  I WILL BE WATCHING THAT AND TREASURE HUNTERS LOOKS GOOD, AND OF COURSE BB IS MY MAIN ONE TO WATCH!!  :hearts:   SOLITARY LOOKS TOO ABUSIVE!! :meow:  I JUST WATCHED THE RE RUN OF PARADISE ISLAND, AND THAT WAS GOOD!!!  MISSED IT THE FIRST TIME, WHAT MEAN PEOPLE!!  BUT FUNNY!! :lol:

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 09:13:40 AM »
Did anyone watch the show last night?

I don't understand how Ivan is still in it!!!!

Travis and Benji are my FAVS!!!
thank got jaymse or however you spell his name is gone and his partner...was tired of them.

:umn:
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 04:30:42 AM »
I'm glad Jamez and Jessica are gone.  I hated her corset-looking outfits! :groan:

Martha and Travis are very good usually, but Travis is the best of that couple.

Benji & Danielle have great chemistry, which helps them lots!

Travis & Benji will outlast their partners unless they improve as partners this week.

Heidi OVERDOES her dancing...like Nigel told her last week.  Finally,  a judge told her so hope she starts toning it down a bit this week.

I do like this show a lot!  :jumpy:

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 06:30:59 AM »
Rudy...well said....let's see what happens this week...I look forward to it weekly!! :tup:

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 07:52:32 AM »
I definately agreed with the judges last week, that Jessica and Jaymz were the two that needed to go.

I agree with you Rudy, that most of the guys are better than the girls. And if a couple of the guys that struggle at times, Ivan and Musa, can make it to when they start dancing individually, they will also be strong.

For some reason, I like Ivan and Allison.  :lol:

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 09:09:39 AM »
i like alison i don't like ivan
i want to see alison with travis

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 09:33:47 AM »
I guess it probably is Allison who I like the most. But I do think Ivan is a great hip hop dancer!!!

Agree that Allison and Travis would make a cute pair, and great dancing couple!!!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2006, 08:09:01 PM »
CeeeJay
Rudy...well said....let's see what happens this week...I look forward to it weekly!
Thanks!  Yes! Me too...look forward to it each week!  :hearts:  I love dancing and watching dancing so this show is right down my alley!! :tup: But must admit, I've never heard of some of the dance styles/types they do.  It's interesting to see how MANY different dances there are!  Wow, wish I were younger and didn't have a back prob, and I'd be out there kicking up my heels and learning new dances!
 :Cdance: :piano: :gammy: :woo2: :jiggy:
I like Ivan and Allison, esp Allison, and agree w/ you both that she and Travis would make one cool fantastic couple!  Maybe Ivan/Martha will get booted next?   Wish I hadn't taped over last week's show, so I could re-view all of them.  Martha & Travis haven't performed like they did a few weeks ago when they received huge raves from the judges and audience.

Two wks ago, Ivan/Allison danced the West Coast Swing, a very difficult dance.  All the judges LOVED their performance and Nigel said "if the finals were tonite, Allison would win!"
Then last week, this couple ended up in the bottom 3!  I was shocked outa my gourd.  :groan:  :o
I gave them all my votes!  :jam:  I'm sooo happy they're still there!  :jumpy:
I'm very curious what dance they'll draw next, and how they'll do tomorrow night.

I'm drawing a blank on which one is Natalie!!  :groan:  Need to go to the Dance site and find out.  Her partner Musa is great...that I recall.

Tanny, I agree:
...if a couple of the guys that struggle at times, Ivan and Musa, can make it to when they start dancing individually, they will also be strong.
---------------------
Hope this all makes sense!  :groan:  I'm watching BB7 and posting at the same time!!!  (can't f#rt and chew gum at the same time! :lol: )
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 08:17:23 PM by RudyRules »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2006, 01:17:20 AM »

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2006, 07:27:09 AM »
excited....tonight is the night....i'll be at volleyball though during the show so i will have to tape it and watch after!!! still have rockstar and canadian idol to watch from last night.... :umn:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2006, 08:12:17 AM »
I get so backlogged on taping, but finally I'm caught up!  :tup:
Hey, love your caption!  "Jase - My future Ex Husband" !!  :lol3:  :lol3:

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2006, 03:23:32 PM »
***** SPOILER ALERT ***** SPOILER ALERT ***** SPOILER ALERT ***** SPOILER ALERT ***** SPOILER ALERT ***** SPOILER ALERT *****

from idolforums.com (I got it over at Survivor Sucks)

ok, here we go….

Judges: Nigel, Mary, Brian.

Choreographers: Tyce, Dan, and some funny little french guy.

Musa and Nat- Hip hop! Finally! and…It was whack. Totally not their fault, Dan did it and the choreography was so bad the only redeeming quality was Musa’s freaking cool tricks and They performed the heck out of it. Judges liked it sort of. Gave Musa his credit and said it was worth the wait, said Nat just kinda stood there but acted well. Meh, my least fav of the night.

Heidi and Ryan- Cha-cha. Amazing!! Heidi that is, I really never even notice that Ryan is everthere so someone else is gunna have to cover that. Judges kind of gave Ryan the Ivan-Musa treatment. Heidi was so fierce it was ridiculous. Botch a lift kinda.

Dmitry and Ashlee- Pop! This one’s for Joey…..EYELINER DMITRY!!!!!!!! Like pink converse fingerless gloves Dmitry. I thought they did really well they are so hot together. Another of Dan’s blah routines. The judges kinda went “You danced what you were given” and Brian was kinda anti-Dant the whole thing.

Allison and Ivan- Comtemporary. Let me give my unbiased review first. Very well done. Tyce’s choreo was amazing and Allison was technically good as usual. Ok the intro video ake me . Here’s just the “strictly my opinion thing”. They were way too being forced on us a Benji-Donyelle part 2. “Oh look at us we are taking this seriously…JUST KIDDING hahahaha. See? We’re goofy and weird too!! LOVE US!!”. The judges lapped it up. Nigel agreed w/ Mary that Allison should win, Mary CRIED FOR GOD’S SAKE. [/rant]. But the routine was good.

Travis and Martha- Fox Trot. Not as good as the Jaymzica one but decient. Travis slicked down his hawk and looked nice. He had really good faces. Martha looked really pretty and did quite well. Judges liked it, said Fred Astaire would be proud.

Benji and Donyelle- Broadway. Ok, seriously for a second…. . I’m done. Amazing.Amazing.Amazing. They danced to “You can’t stop the beat” from Hairspray and tore it up. They said they wanted to showcase their friendship and boy t was chessy, wonderful, and well performed. Best of the night and I swear I’m not being biased. If Donyelle’s toe still hurts you couldn’t tell. At all. Nigel said He’d be surprised if Benji didn’t win. Then he said he’d be surprised if Donyelle didn’t win. So which is it Nigel? Benji, Donyelle, or Allison. Seriously. Standing ovation from the judges,

Other tidbits…..

Stood next to Benji’s dad in line. SUCH a sweet guy. I spilt coffee on my shirt and he says “I have an extra shirt in the car but I really doubt it’d fit you” And we chatted with some of Benji’s friends a little. We got there pretty early and we’re almost stuck in the back still but we pretended to be part of Benji’s posse and got to stand on the right side of the stage.

They did this whole b-day thing for Nigel. Cake and such. The judges seem to be pretty buddy-buddy with the contestants and it worried me a little. It’s gotta be hard to cut. Good times.

ANOTHER PERSON WHHO WENT TOO

Here it comes, children
Okay you guys, I just got back from the taping. It was AMAZING! So much fun. We got placed RIGHT in front of the judges’ platform so we had a prime view of all the action. Unfortunately my friends had to leave to drive back to San Francisco right after the show, so we couldn’t hang around. But we had an awesome time!

And now, what you’ve all been waiting for… spoilers!

Nigel, Mary, and Brian were judges this week. As soon as Brian came out I could smell his cologne like whoa. He must have taken a bath in the stuff. Also of interest - Nigel said that next week we’re going to start seeing individuals dance! Interesting. Cat is slightly less irritating in person, which meant that I refrained from punching her in the face. The choreographers were Dan, Tyce, and some French guy. Now on to the couples.

Natalie/Musa - Hip Hop. They were good, although it was clearly more of a chance for Musa to finally show off. It was sort of a music video style, I guess. Natalie does more acting than dancing. Nigel liked it a lot, but Mary wasn’t really feeling it.

Heidi/Ryan - Cha Cha. First off, the song was “Sex Bomb” by Tom Jones and that is just awesome by itself. This dance was awesome - very high energy and really sexy. Of course Heidi nailed it, and I thought Ryan did quite well. The judges agreed with me. Although Nigel called Heidi a “Cabbage Patch Doll” because of the way she scrunches her face up sometimes (though, after the cameras were off he said he didn’t mean it in a bad way…) and they all sort of said that Ryan’s performance was “missing something” - he was too tense, perhaps.

Ivan/Allison - Contemporary. WOW. I was reeeeeally skeptical of Ivan pulling this off, but holy crap. I have never been an Ivan fan, but this dance was absolutely fantastic. The chemistry between them was great, and the dance itself was beautiful. The Ivanison (Allivan?) shippers will go CRAZY for this one. Allison is even more gorgeous in person, and of course she nailed this style. And her dress was pretty. I was really, really surprised by Ivan. And Mary CRIED, y’all! During the performance, you could hear multiple gasps throughout the audience, and after it ended I heard Brian say, “Wow” behind me. Wow indeed. I believe the song was by Annie Lennox.

Dmitry/Ashlee - Pop. Seriously, even Nigel was like, “WHAT IS POP?” Brian was pissy that everyone was calling it “watered down hip hop.” And apparently every pop routine has to have a guy with eyeliner and a girl with crazy hair? Anyway, I wasn’t too impressed, and neither were the judges.

Travis/Martha - Foxtrot. This was really nice! Of course it’s not the most exciting style, but they were very elegant and Mary said that Fred and Ginger would be proud. They had a couple little stumbles/little things that didn’t flow as well, but other than that a good performance. In the video, Travis was upset that they got ballroom again and said, “Am I allowed to cry on camera? Or is that a Benji thing?” HA!

Benjelle - Broadway. Holy crap, you guys. This will pretty much be the most adorable and fun thing you have ever seen. Like, I was smiling and giggling through the whole thing. Donyelle points out in the video that this week they get to show more of their “friendship” rather than the “romance” that has been prevalent in past weeks. They danced to a song from Hairspray and they were just all over the stage and over the top and fabulous. Benji was wearing slacks with a royal blue dress shirt and bright yellow tie, and Donyelle wore a bright yellow ruffly dress. Adorable. The judges gave a standing ovation. I did too. ETA: I didn’t see any sign of Donyelle’s toe bothering her. Yay!

Anywho, I tried to remember as many details as I could! You guys are welcome to ask about more details and I’ll see if I can remember!

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2006, 05:48:38 AM »
Wow ...... I think I enjoyed ALL the dances this week!!! And three of the couple have to end up in the bottom 3!!!  :groan:

I guess I thought that Natalie was the worst for the girls, but Musa did a great job with his speciality ..... Hip Hop. I think they will be safe again this week.

Ryan and Dmitry had probably the worst night for the guys. But again, their partners Heidi and Ashlee were great!!!

The best of the night for me, was Benji and Donyelle. I loved it!!! Maybe the best dance of the competition so far!!! They looked like they were having so much fun!!!

My predicted bottom three ......

Heidi and Ryan
Dmitry and Ashlee
Travis and Martha

Bootees ........

Ryan and Heidi   :boot:

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2006, 06:48:28 AM »
Well, I could not have been much more wrong. Not only did Ryan and Heidi not get the boot, but they weren't even in the bottom 3!!!  :groan:

I was also wrong in my thinking that they wouldn't boot Ashlee, if they didn't also plan to get rid of Dmitry, who has now lost THREE partners!!! I still think they should have kept Ashlee. Like she said, she is the only popper left. I would have probably gotten rid of Martha. While she is a great dancer (they all are at this point though) and she and Travis have made a great team, she dances the same style as Allison and Natalie. But they are both better at it than her!!! IMHO

I sure hated to see Musa go, but I totally understand. He is not that great of overall dancer, and Natalie has had to carry him through most of the dances so far. But he sure is wonderful at the freestyle/breakdance style he dances, and I loved his solo dance last night!!! He is definitely a crowd favorite, and would have been hard beat later on.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2006, 07:18:42 AM »
taped the show will watch it this afternoon...so sad to hear about who's out!!! let's see what happens next!!!

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »
Sorry CeeeJay!!! I hope I didn't spoil it for you!!!  :'(

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2006, 09:20:07 AM »
the website wasn't even updated this morning!!! ahhaha

its ok!! at least i don' tknow who got kicked off BB7 yet i taped that as well!!

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2006, 10:23:36 AM »
Great!!!

The best idea is to not go prowling around in "So You Think", "BB7", etc. etc. forums until you have had a chance to watch the shows.  :inocent:

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2006, 12:31:35 PM »
wow thanx tan never would have though of that ;)  :colealert:

JK!

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2006, 04:37:48 PM »
No problem!!! I'm always here to help!!!  :hero:

BTW ..... I forgot to mention the special guests of last night's results show, The Pussycat Dolls.

Does anyone remember when their lead singer, Nicole Scherzinger, was a contestant on a show that was the predecessor to American Idol and Making The Band. It was called Popstars!!! She was one of the five girls chosen to form the new group, Eden's Crush!!!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2006, 03:37:45 AM »
Finally getting back here!  Sorry it took so long, but I've been preoccupied w/ my daughter being in the hospital.  She's doing better, but has aways to go towards recovery.

Tanny, thanks bunches for the excellent recaps! You purdy well covered it and I agree with your comments.

Sad that Musa had to leave, but Ashlee?  I agree w/ Nigel about her "French Maiden" style, which she doesn't need to do b/c she is a great dancer w/o sexing it up so much! 

That handsome suave Dimitry.  :woohoo:  Yup, he's lost 3 partners...and that in itself has been a real challenge for him.  He's had to adjust to new ones, but he's done a very good job.  Will he make it to the finals?  Hope so, but the competition is fierce...for ALL of them.

I'm looking forward to this week's performances of dancing singly and w/ partners as well.  Cool that they will be drawing for new partners!  That will really test their skills!

I want to see:
Benji or Travis with Allison or Heidi
Martha or Natalie w/ Ryan or Ivan,
 Danielle, Allison or Natalie w/ Dimitry! 
How 'bout those combos?!

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2006, 05:04:49 PM »
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to SUCKS!!!

OOOk Long winded review coming your way!

Joey was kind enough to relay some of the info. Here's orders and other insights.

Ivan and Martha- Blahhhhhhh, you could tell that they were more or less being carried by their respective other partners. They were both pretty weak. The hip was ok but they are both really laid back in their styles so it was kinda boring. The smooth waltz was a bit better but not great. Had like a wedding theme, Ivan in coat with tails, Martha in a gorgeous gown. She was good but not so great without Travis to partener her. Ivan had kind of a tough time picking her up and doing the lifts. Judges didnt really love either outine, said Martha didn't have the magic. But on the bright side, They looked a lot more proportial as partners.

Allison and Ryan- The comtemporary was crazy. The were wearing all black with eyepatches. It was good, intense but the whole thing kinda had me going WTF? Mia's nuts. They jumped into the crowd at the end. The broadway was ok. Red outfits with white fedoras. Allison's hat fell off and she covered it really well. Judges said Ryans personality didn't show and he didn't have Broadway nuances but Allison did. They loved her of course but the pimping wasn't nearly as blatant. Decient couple, I felt like I really noticed Ryan for the first time and that Allison complemented him well.

Dmitry and Donyelle- Interesting pair. The video package's were hilarious. First was her getting him as a partner going "He's the sexiest man in the competition, I love you Benji but I love Dmitry!" As she opened his jacket. But for the Benjelle shippers there was a really adorable goodbye hug. The Lindy hop was fun. Donyelle was on! You could tell she was hurting when she was just stating but during the numbers she was amazing. Judges said Dmitry didn't have the bounce for the hop. Samba was next. Video package beware. We get ARTRY!! Atrem and Dmitry talking Russian and being adorable. The Sambe was really sexy but on whole they didn't quite have the Benjelle magic And I still prefer Ashlee and Dmitry but they werent bad as a couple.

Heidi and Travis- WOW!! Best couple of the night. The Paso was soooooooooo hot. They really grasped the Bulland Cape aspect of it and they were smoldering. The comtemp was just WOWOWOW. I cried. I admit it. It was the combo of the video, performance, and interview. Joey really covered that but they performed with this metal bench and they had this whole thing where she was under it and he was above trying to touch hands through the grate and Heidi trying to give Trav this flower and him walking away. REally good Props to Mia. They complemented each other so well, no one outshined they worked together and helped each other and I loved it.

Nat and Benji- They were very good too. Again, not a Benjelle level of good but they did good. Natalie really toned down the sex kitten thing and she wasnt grabby at all w/ Benj. They had a cutesy buddies kinda vibe. The jazz was nice. But it was kind of a comtemp-afro kind of jazz. It was filled with joy. Judges loved it. Hip hop was good, I enjoyed it and I knew Nat could do hip hop if she was given something good. The judges didn't really like it, said they didn't have great chemistry.

SOLO's!!!
1. Donyelle- GREAT, she did a hip hop solo. Judges loved it.
2. Dmitry- Eh, Better then last week's. The highlight was that he ripped his shirt open.
3. Ivan- Wore skate shoes. I thought it was mildly amusing. Nigel said it was a gimmick.
4. Martha- Big ugly hat. Not as good as last week. Cryed and said she was out of it cuz her birthday was last week and her Mom died 2 years ago.
5. Heidi- Same ol Heidi. The highlight was Benji on the sidelines cheering her on.
6. Travis- Great. Same as last week with slow comtemp style, judges loved him.
7. Natalie- BEAUTIFUL! Sad and full of emotion. Judges loved it.
8. Benji- AMAZING!!! Gah, great. It was fun, looonnng applause and a BEN-JI chant that probably wont make air.
9. Allison- Good as per usual.
10. Ryan- Good but not enough to make people vote.
Basically if you've seen one solo you've seen 'em all. But nice.

Other stuff-
Saw Ben and Jason. They had a sign that pointed to them and said "loser seaction.
Started an hour late cuz of rehersals.
Met Tatiana. She's great!
Anything else just ask, My brain's fried.

another review

alright. so i went again tonight. it was my last one
that i could go to this season since im going out of
town for a month so im saaad. but whatevs. the
show was extremely long and i was very tired.

ill let you know about the couples
then solos.

ivan and martha-

hip hop: overall i thought it was mediocre.
i was expecting MUCH MUCH more. but i
would definitely say it was alright. nigel says
there were no chemistry but i kinda felt
the chemistry in their hip hop piece.

smooth waltz: as bas as you think it would
be, it really wasnt ALL that bad. unfortunately
though, it was a forgettable performance. i
honestly enjoyed it at times, and HATED it
at times. so this one, ill leave it up to you.
the judges of course didnt like it.

ryan and allison-

contemp: DEFINITELY my type of choreo/dance.
modern/jazz i would say. very cirque du soleil
for those who dont really know dance. allison
is just fricken ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. im sorry
but ryan needed to leave the show like 3 weeks
ago, but after this week, im begging that he
would actually leave like THIS WEEK. this
routine was VERY VERY hard and i thought
they did alright. but go allison!!!

broadway: i actually LOVE the genre
broadway, but i dont know if i actually liked
it. it lacked something but it really wasnt
the technique. no chemistry really for me.
its ryans fault! haha. bleh i<3allison. she
works it out.

donyelle and dmitry-

lindy hop: very cute. boring at first then
the tricks come later. i really have nothing
BAD BAD to say but nothing too good to
say either. love donyelle. eh dmitry

samba: now of course, donyelle was the
weaker one in this one. you can see some
struggling throughout the piece but still
overall. i mean its donyelle, helloooooo.
shes boooomb and i only like it when
dmitrys in his own element. so yay for
him in this piece!!!

benji and natalie-

jazz: i swear in this competition jazz ends
up being the same thing as contemporary.
me, being a BIG fan of jazz and contemporary,
found this piece just a TAD bit boring, but i
think i wanna blame the music. they both
worked very hard and the technique was
pretty much there. something was just
weird, maybe just cuz it wasnt BENJELLE?
the chemistry is there, but just not as
good as BENJELLE, of course...

hip hop: shaaaaaane sparks is awesome.
unfortunately this wasnt as good as too
much booty but hey, they still both worked
really hard. i wasnt expecting natalie to do
that well after last weeks, appauling, "let's
just stand here and look cute dance" but
in this piece i thought she did very good.
it was overall alllright, nothing to go crazy
for though.

heidi and travis:

paso doble: loveeee the paso, and i thought
it was good. they both worked really hard
and i thought it was strong and good.

contemp: ooooooh man. i cant wait to already
see this on tv and save it on my computer!!!
this was definitely one of my FAVORITE pieces
ever in the show. i love ALLISON AND IVANS,
argentine tango and the contemporary last
week, but this might actually top it. i actually
had chills the WHOLE TIME, and almost shed
a tear. it was phenomenal. i honestly dont like
heidi AT ALL, and travis is one of my least
favorites. heidi definitely had a couple struggles.
but overall i thought they both had AWESOME
chemistry and it was just grrrreeeattt!!!

i think thats it.
letsss seee.....
um, im trying to remember anything else
that happened but cant really remember.

so moviing on to the solos...

ivan - he wore wheelies! haha. i was expecting
more, but he still deserves to stay since hes
getting SOOO MUCH BETTER.

martha - her solo was SO CUTE! i thought
some parts, the improv was WAY obvious but
it was surprising to see martha dance to
gwen stefani with a HUGE oversized hat. but
so cute. after her solo she cried. and it was
sad. shes a strong girl.

ryan - i didnt like his solo at all. the music
didnt go with his contemporary routine he had.
hes definitely a strong technician, but its time
for him to go PLEEEEEEEEASEE!!!

allison - even though shes probably my favorite
right now, i swear her solos lack something a lot
of times. i like her more in partner work which
is weird. her solo was good and her outfit was
fierce, but i just dont know. hm

donyelle - its always nice to see her work it out.
strong strong strong. i love her. nothing more to
really say about this diva.

dmitry - it was definitely WAY better than last weeks
solo, but im over him. sorry to all dmitry fans but
i just find him boring now. but to be honest i dont
really have the backround of a ballroom dancer
anyways, so his solos are wack to me.

benji - WOW. ive been reading here on idolforums like,
is benji gonna be okay with a solo, blah blah. i thought
the same also. i was like eek, what is he gonna do.
and it came through. it was a mixture of alot of styles
and it DEFINITELY had the crowd OVERJOYED. the
crowd was crazy after his solo. looovehim!!!

natalie - finally!!!! she was crying before her solo. i
dont know why? until you see her dance that is.
her solo is absolutely amazing and she puts every
part of her heart into it.

heidi - i dont wanna bash, so all i gotta say is, that
girl is crazy and she has lots of energy!

travis - very very strong solo. his contemporary style
seems so natural to him and thats whats awesome!

Trav and Heidi- Paso, Said that they grasped the meaning of the dance and that it was intense like it should be. I remember more about the comtemp- Nigel said he is rarely ever moved on the show but he gave huge props to Mia and the dancer's and said that he was really moved. He said some stuff about how Travis and the choreography helped Heidi to grow.

Benji and Nat- jazz, they said they were full of joy. They said Benji partnered her well. hip hop, they said they really didn't have a lot of chemistry but were great as individuals.

none of the judges were particularly helpful. It was a pretty usless panel. I wish Brian was there.

Looks like you get to see three of your parings, Ruday!!!  :woohoo:

Travis with Heidi
Ivan with Natalie
Dmitry with Danielle

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2006, 06:34:11 AM »
Tan....thanks for the great Review!  :tup: :tup: :tup:
Yeah! three of the parings I like danced just for Ruday!!!  LOL! 

Travis with Heidi
Ivan with Natalie
Dmitry with Danielle

Of those three, I loved T n H 's 2nd dance...with the park bench prop.  Awesome  routine
Btw, I'm liking Heidi more each week.  She really throws herself into her performances! 

More later...I'm off to grab a few winks. :nitenite:  (i can't believe I just stayed up all nite!)  ttyl............                             

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2006, 09:26:47 AM »
I agree with you Ruday, Heidi really goes all out in her routines. She will probably be right up there in the end.

My favorites .......

GUYS
Travis
Benji

GALS
Donyelle
Allison

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2006, 09:48:48 AM »
tan i agree with you completely...those are my four favs!!

honestly I would love to see Travis vs Benji in the end but as the format shows we wont be able to have 2 guys in the finally which SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They need to stop kicking off one of each every night!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2006, 01:37:14 AM »
I'm with you both on the Final 4.  :tup:
 I really like Heidi, but think Allison/Donyelle are better overall.

CeeeJay, the way the show is set up...w/ couple-dancing being a big part of being judged, I think that's why the F2 can't be two guys or gals.  I've thought the same as you tho...cool if Travis/Benji were the Final 2!

But wait.  What if America gave the guys way more votes than the gals when they get to the final 4?  Sure seems more fair to keep the two guys if they both get more votes than the either of the two gals!   

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2006, 06:52:32 AM »
I didn't watch the show last season, so I don't really know the format. But are you saying that they will continue to get rid of a guy and gal each week, until they get down to one of each?

I think once they get down to F4, they should just get rid of ONE person, regardless of sex. Then we could have an F2 with the two best dancers!!!

BTW ...... I watched last week's show again yesterday with my daughters. We all agree that Heidi had the top week, and has positioned herself to make top 2 females, along with Doynelle!!! Allison cannot sit on her laurels. She has to bring it each week, because people have such short memories ........ about some things anyway!!!  :lol:

I think one of the keys, is getting matched up with a good partner!!! Wouldn't you hate to be the girl who is paired up with Ryan this week? He is a good dancer, but nowhere in the league with the others!!!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2006, 02:50:20 AM »
I didn't watch Season 1 either, Tan!  I went searching to find out how they do the Final 4.
Here's an article about the Season 1 finale found at realitytvmagazine.com
http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2005/10/so_you_think_yo.html#more

Excerpt from that article:

"The biggest controversy already circulating is that having viewers vote between the final four instead of the final two could give an edge to Jamile, who has a very different dance style from the other three.  Melody, Ashle, and Nick all have a very similar dance style, which could lead to fans splitting their votes between the three.  Jamile will benefit from being the only hip-hop style dancer left in the competition. 

"If Jamile wins, then many will question if he would have still won if viewers were only voting between two dancers.  Even if one of the other three wins, there could still be an outcry because the margin of victory could come down to fractions of a percent.  A controversial outcome could be a perfect set-up for Fox to a dance-off show like ABC did with Dancing with the Stars."

I bet Season2 will have the same format.

I'll comment more later cuz I'm falling asleep! zzzzzzz
:nitenite:

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2006, 07:40:27 AM »
And now for the rest of the story .........

Your last post left me wondering who did win, and by how much. So I did a little searching!!!

Nick (1st place) received 37.7% of the votes. 
Melody (2nd place) received 28.6% of the votes.
Jamile (3rd place) received 24.9% of the votes.
Ashle (4th place) received 8.8% of the vote.

As for last night's show, here is the way I rank the pairs performances ......

Benji and Heidi ~ They danced Broadway and Mambo. The Mambo number was particularlly good, which doesn't surprise me, since they both are ballroom type dancers. I hear that Heidi and Benji are cousins!!! Whatever, they were great together, had wonderful chemistry, and could be our F2!!! Benji is a lock, and Heidi has been peaking at just the right time. But of course some of that could have to do with having better partners.

Ivan and Allison ~ I always thought they had great chemistry together, and it showed last night. They danced Hip-Hop and Tango. I think I enjoyed the Hip-Hop number the best. I liked Allison's straight hair look!!!

Ryan and Natalie ~ They danced disco and contemporary. Since they both were bottom two survivors from last week, you know they were dancing for their lives. The contemporary number was their best, but of course that is their forte'. I don't think it was good enough.

Travis and Donyelle ~ I am surprised that these two didn't dance better together. They danced  Hip-Hop and Quickstep. I enjoyed the HH routine, but I think the masks took away from it a little bit. I was expecting the Quickstep to be a little bit quicker for some reason. LOL

My predicted bottom two will be Ryan and Ivan for the guys, and Natalie and Allison for the girls. Bye-bye Ryan and Natalie!!!  :waves:

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2006, 12:36:04 PM »
honestly i didn't think that donyelle was good last night...i think after last nights ONLY ryan and doneylle should be worried....
natalie danced her little toosh off especially with a bumb knee!!!

I love heidi but I can't watch her face...she has the worst expressions!!!

allison looked amazing last night...lveo the hair!!

i was totally shocked with Ivan...he's gotten so much better

but as i thought from the auditions..

it should be Benji and Travis going head to head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2006, 01:04:46 PM »
i think after last nights ONLY ryan and doneylle should be worried....

That was Donyelle's first bad week, so hopefully the voters will remember that.

And about Natalie's knee ...... when did she hurt it? I did see where she was wearing a bandage on it. And I noticed that she didn't dance the opener from last week's results show. You know ....... the one where they did the cool zombie dance!!! Donyelle was having a problem with an ankle I think, but haven't heard any more about it.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2006, 02:48:48 AM »
Tan, thanks for the rest of the story, and for your great reviews!  :tup:

I'm still in total shock that Allison got booted.  I thought sure it would be Natalie.  Ryan?  no surprise there.

CeeJay, I feel the same about Heidi...her facial expressions are hard to watch sometimes.  But she's a fantastic dancer!  :jumpy:

Interesting she & Benji are cousins!  No wonder they dance so great together. 

Well as usual, i'm too sleepy to say much else.  Need to try to get here during the day when I'm awake.  ttyl.........
:nitenite:

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2006, 07:47:03 AM »
During the auditions they talked about them being cousins. 

Allison going...well its going to be a shock for everyone going from now on because they all are such good dancers!!!

I almost cried thinking that Travis was getting booted.

I still say i hope its Benji VS Travis....THAT WOULD BE FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2006, 02:06:13 AM »
Maybe America feels that Allison is so talented, she's sure to be successful anyway!
I'm sure she'll go far with her dancing.

I'm rooting for Benji and Travis F2!   :woohoo:

Tan, I was wondering about Natalie's knee too and don't know when she hurt it. 
Hope it isn't a permanent injury.  :-\

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2006, 09:01:22 AM »
who knows if its perma....we'll see tonight in this weeks show.

damn there must be a way to have them put 2 guys in the end....thye changed it up already they should continue!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2006, 04:55:49 AM »
From Yahoo...have no idea who wrote it...
So You Think You Can Dance
09:00 PM ET -FOX-
I honestly can't fathom how the judges are going to pare down the remaining six -- guys Travis, Benji and Ivan, and girls Donyelle, Heidi and Natalie -- to just four competitors. Everyone is so talented! Thankfully, I'll get to see my favorites when the "So You Think" tour comes to town this fall. That Nigel Lythgoe is a smarty-pants.
---------------
Yes, Nigle is a smarty-pants!   His comments are funny sometimes!  :lol:
Dang, I missed last night's show b/c it aired at a different time than what Yahoo TV Guide said!! (:;)  So taped "HOUSE" instead.
I set my vcr for 7-8. 

So who did you think danced the best?

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2006, 07:06:23 AM »
taped the show fell asleep watching it.......so idon't have an opinion yet.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2006, 07:06:58 AM »
in my area it was on from 7-8 on a canadian station...then from 8-9 on Fox

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2006, 03:45:20 PM »
I thought Heidi and Travis were the best couple. Benji also dance very well!!!

We now have our dream F4 of Benji, Travis, Heidi, and Donyelle!!! They are probably the best four dancers, so kudos to you, America!!!  :tup:

I will be pulling for Benji, or maybe Travis!!!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2006, 06:16:14 AM »
 :ythat: ....ALL of what you said, Tan!  What a great F4 and I just wish all four could win.  I bet the votes are gonna be verrrrry close.  I want Benji to win, but Travis or Heidi would be swell.  Even Donyelle, but she's my least fav of the 4.  I can hardly wait for the finale!   :woohoo:

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2006, 07:56:50 AM »
Agreed!!! Donyelle hasn't been a good as she was a few weeks ago. At the same time, Heidi has been growing on me, and is now one of my favorites!!!

I read an article in the TV Guide yesterday. Sounds like Travis, because he is the best "techinal" dancer, may be the one to beat instead of Benji. I like Travis an awful lot, but I still think Benji is the best!!!  :tup:

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2006, 10:48:05 AM »
My fav has been Travis and Benji from the begining...we all know i want them to dance off ....
donyelle...i'm not crazy about her anymore....and heidi makes funny faces....we'll see what happens this week!!

excited!!!!

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2006, 02:36:45 PM »
Trouble alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My cable went out last night, when the line broke loose from the pole. They told me it would be fixed today, but now they are saying they can't get to it until tomorrow!!!  (:;)

I may have to watch the show with the neighbors!!!  :lol:

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2006, 03:25:50 PM »
Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Found over at SUCKS!!!
(These combined names are hard to figure out!!!)

Treidi Disco- to "Shake your groove thing" Doriana choreographed. Lots of lifts. Judges loved it.

Benjelle Waltz- "I'll be" edwin mcain. Jean Marc did it. Judges hated it. At the end of the dance it looked like they were kissing but they weren't.

Heidi solo- More of the same thing as usual. Beyonce song.

Tranji hip hop- Shane did it. AMAZING! Dressed like dorks with backpacks. Judges loved it. Lots of booty shots. In the pre-clip they said something about all the girls wanting a "Tranji" finale.

Donyelle solo- Like her audition but better. To "Human" by Dione Ferris.

Travis solo- Very much like everything Travis does. Lots of back handsprings.

Heidi/Donyelle Broadway- Tyce number. Judges didn't like it. Simple chroeography and they didn't have enough energy.

Benji solo- Very Benji. At the end he fell backwards into the audience (on purpose) where his friends were standing and they pushed him back on stage.

Travelle Comtemp- By Mia to "Georgia" by Ray Charles. Judges loved it. Briam said it was like a moving painting. Mary cried.

Bendi salsa- Alex Desilva. Judges loved it. Cool lift at the end. Brain said they should perform that at his birthday party. Said they were the best Girl/Guy partners to all.

THEN! Surprise group number to "Sexy Back" by JT choero by WADE!!!!!! It was very model/ runway. Judges said Travis stood out.

Afterwards, Fergie performed but that's for next week. The stars of Step Up were there and the dancers went to the preimire right after the taping.

Here are some other spoilers. I have more respect for Ivan after reading this (and I can't wait to see that "Tranji" number):

Judes: Brian, Mary and Nigel

While they are on stage waiting to do the opening sequence, Benji puts his hand on the small of Donyelle's back and gives her a kiss on the cheek...then he does the same to Heidi.

The 4 come out to dance in the opening sequence (Donny does a contemporary opening sequence dance).

First performance: Travis and Heidi - Disco...it was very energetic (A LOT of lifts)...judges really liked it. Heidi's facial expressions were on point

Donny and Benji: (Rogue didn't notice the pre-perfromance piece)...They came out on the stage holding hands. The song was "I'll be" from Dawsons Creek. It was not as good as first VFW. It wasn't flowy and smooth. Not a lot of lifts. Donyelle was wearing midnight blue gown (she looks good)...Benji is in tux with his tie undone. They did 2 lifts, but not a lot (especially compared to Travis and Heidi). At the end, they did a dip and stayed that way for a while (about 8 or or 9 seconds)...Xrogue SUSPECTS they kissed during the dip because the crowd went wild and they just stayed in the dip for a really long time. Xrogue was at an angle where she couldn't see their heads to confirm (darn it!!!!). But, when Benjelle walked over to Cat/judges, Cat said "I saw that" to Benjelle. The judges PANNED the performance, they hated it! Most criticism went to Benji...that he didn't partner her well at all etc... Benjelle had their arms around each other. Benji kissed her on the side of the head after the judging.

Heidi solo ...same old same.

Travis and Benji: Hip Hop (Shane Sparks)...Best performance of the night!!! Came out as nerds with tape on glasses and backpacks and shorts with knee hights socks. As it progressed they peeled off glasses and nerdy clothes. They lowered their shorts and they started going at it! Judges loved it!!! They lifted up their shirts and showed their stomachs.

After their judging, Cat said our next solo is "Donyelle" and Benji said it with her....Did the hand "rock on" motion.

Donyelle came out for her solo and she looked at them and smiled (Benji didn't see her as she was behind him). Donny wore her brown and orange audition outfit...and she danced her audition peace....it was totally awesome!! She altered the choreography a little bit...but, it was GREAT!!

During a break, Deon (BarreDancer from IDF) yelled "Hey Brian!!..Donyelle is so awesome!" Brian said "I know, but I can't vote!!"

Travis solo...awesome!!...did backflip...awesome!

Donny and Heidi..."Sweet Charity" chorecgraphed by Tyce. Very sexy...pinstripped suits with white and black eyeleshes. Very hot! Judges said they didn't like it..."just ok"..."mediocre".

Benji's solo... usual...energetic. As part of the routine, he fell backwards and friends caught him and put him on stage. Cute!

Donny and Travis...it was awesome!!! They were farmer outfits. Donny had pigtails...Travis was in hat. Donny started on the floor and travis started on floor with her with his head on her stomach. Routine is to Ray Charles "Georgia". A Mia piece. It was breezy and flowed perfectly. There was more working chemistry than Benjelle in Waltz. Nigel said "This performance is light and smooth and it just really, really took me back to when everything is good an everything is working out"....Nigel loved it. Mary cried!!!! Brian said they looked like a "moving painting".

Benji and Heidi Salsa...it was very energetic...like club mambo...it really stamped "Benji and Heidi for the win"...plus, being at the end of the show, it really ended on a high note (for Benji and Heidi).

After that, they all performed together in the group piece. It was Wade Robson and it was to Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake...so much fun!! ...they had so much fun doing it!!! The choreography was awesome and Travis killed it!...and Donyelle killed it!!! Benji and Heidi were lacking in the grittyness of it. They all were being supermodels during the routine. The routine was "On point!!!"
At end, they all pretended they were going to kill each other...suffocating each other...got in front of judges and there was the flashing of cameras (part of the piece)...Cute!

The preperfromance video for the group number: The 4 came in to meet Wade. Benji came in with Donny on his back. Travis was carrying Heidi on his back. The guys then set the girls down.

At the end of the video, all are on floor. Donny was sitting between Benji's legs!!! She was resting her hand on his thigh. Heidi was in front of Travis. At the end, they all hugged and rolled on floor together hugging etc. Cute!

At the end of the routine, all 4 went to judges...all arms around each other. Benji let go of Heidi and was just hugging Donyelle...Donny's thumbe was stroking his side (for a second). At the end of the show, they all dance. They all held hands and did ring around the rosie. Benji and Donyelle dancing together - just the 2 of them. Donny was doing a free style hip hop and Benji danced with her...and then he holds out his hand for Heidi. At the end, Benji kissed Donny on the cheek.

The end of sexy back, they all convene in middle of the stage and talk to the production manager. Benji reached for her hand and kissed her on cheek.

Couple of things to point out:

Donyelle is SKINNY!!!...absolutely TINY!

Jason and Ivan were there in the audience.

The audience was filled with Schwimmer friends and family.

Donny had less fans than Travis, Heidi and Benji.

Jason looked depressed and he threw away his Donny poster. It was in the TRASH!!! Rogue though he was bummed because it seemed Donny didn't get any great performance types of dances to stand out. Heidi and Benji and Travis stood out...they had high energy performances and it just seemed not good for Donny. So, that's why Jason was mad.

Nigel said at one point that it was "down to the 2 guys".

Mary said "Travis, Benji or Heidi will win...sorry you didn't bring it, Donyelle". Brian said "I totally disagree...everyone of them deserves to win and if I was going to give the job to anyone, it would be Travis".

The Schwimmers pass out "Benji posters" to everyone....everyone...they gave one to Xrogue and to Ivan...everyone! Ivan had a Benji poster and he was asked to hold it up by the production person. Ivan refused to hold it up...instead he wanted to hold up the one with the ALL the dancer's names. The production person said "no"....so, Ivan said "I cannot do that..I don't want to hold up 1 name" Finally, he held up the Benji poster because he had no choice.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2006, 01:19:23 PM »
that whole poster thing with Ivan...WOW!!! thats bad...

Anyways...last night was SICK!!!!!!

Travis was FANTASTIC>>>>>SO EXCITED TO SEE BENJI AND TRAVIS DANCE TOGETHER!!!!

My god I was on my feet watching most of the night......

Can't wait till the finale wish i could vote would have voted off the hook for Travis....so we'll see if its anything like last year one person at a time get eliminated throught the 2 hour finale special..........Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRAVIS ROCKS!!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2006, 02:52:06 AM »
Trouble alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My cable went out last night, when the line broke loose from the pole. They told me it would be fixed today, but now they are saying they can't get to it until tomorrow!!!  (:;)
I may have to watch the show with the neighbors!!!  :lol:
Sorry about the troubles and hope you got to watch the show, Tan!  :waves:

For 20 straight minutes, I dialed ALL my votes for Benji!!  :jumpy:
But if Travis or Heidi win, I'll be happy.  Heidi "grew on me" too, but like you CeeeJay, she does get wierd expressions & it bugs me sometimes! 

BENJI ROCKS!!   :woohoo:   :hearts:

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2006, 07:46:35 AM »
it will be an exciting finale next week....are they bringing back all 20dancers???????????

can't wait to see alison and natalie dance again...liked those two

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2006, 09:07:30 AM »
I finally got to watch the show yesterday evening. Seemed to me that the judges were pimping Travis the whole show, with their comments. Even the dances and partnering (is that a word?) favored Travis.

His first dance was "Disco" which should have been Travis' weak dance. But since he was teamed up with Heidi, who is great in those type of dances, he made it through. Had he been teamed up with Donyelle on that dance, it would not have been as good. Of course when he was teamed up with Donyelle, they did "Contemporary", which is both of their forte'. And when he was partners with Benji, it was "Hip-Hop", which again Travis is probably better in than Benji, and it showed to me. Even the dance in the end, where they all 4 danced together, was "Contemporary"!!!

JMHO

Like you Rudy, my daughter said that she got in several dozen votes for Benji. But she also said that his line was rarely busy, which could be a bad sign.  :umn:

If Benji doesn't win though, I will be happy with Travis or Heidi, for the same reasons you voiced. I do think that Donyelle is just a small step below the other three technically!!!

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2006, 11:54:16 AM »
Season Finale Tonight........WAHOO!!!

EXCITED EXCITED EXCITED :woohoo:

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2006, 07:11:57 PM »
Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

How many times is my TV Guide gonna be wrong!!! I am out of town on business, and have set the VCR to tape the show, which is SUPPOSED to come on at 9pm. I am watching it from my hotel room right now (8pm) and it is the LIVE results show, not last week's repeat, like my TV Guide says!!!

The problem is, that the rest of my family isn't home either, and aren't watching it!!! This is not the first tme for this show, or other shows!!!  (:;)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2006, 01:57:53 AM »
Aww Tan, I'm so sorry!  :-\   The TVGuide Mag isn't too dependable sometimes, sadly.  The same thing has happened to me and it is REALLY pi$$ing to say the least!
 I also use Yahoo TvGuide...to compare...and usually, it is more accurate.  Just depends on the channel.  Like TNT...Yahoo is always off by 3hrs. 

I'm elated that BENJI won! :woohoo:  I was sooo excited, & hooped, hollared and clapped for him!!  I thot Travis would win since the Judges appeared to be...like you say..."pimping" him. But even if Travis or any of the four won, that was one heckuva F4, and they are all winners!  :hearts: 

Here's a link for a story & photo of Benji from RealityTV Mag
http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/so_you_think_you_can_dance/index.html

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2006, 10:16:15 AM »
I rely on the Digital Cable Guide on the TV itself.

Well I was glad to see that it was between the two boys as I predicted during auditions...........I was sad that travis didn't win but I believe he's a lot younger than Benji and his time will come.

Did anyone else notice that he danced like 6 times!?!?!? And Donyelle didn't dance once?? (except Solo)
Whats up with that???

Anyone else think that Dmitry and Natalie's dance seemed a little awkward as well??

Donyelle's speach made me cry...didn't think I would get emotional....Overall was a great finally Heidi and Benji and Travis danced up a STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see Alyson back again....

Joy...what NOT A joy to watch...how did she ever make it in the top 20?? Her friend Erin was MUCH Better.

Anyhoo gotta get back to work..............GREAT SHOW WISH THEY TOURED IN CANADA

:hearts:

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2006, 07:07:16 PM »
Well, I did get to at least watch the whole show. And someone finally came home and taped the last 1 1/2 hours, before anyone got eliminated.

Glad Benji won, since I thought he was the best. But I woulda been happy with a Travis win too!!! I also thought it was a great finale', and enjoyed getting to see some of the dances again!!!