Author Topic: Spoilers/Speculation  (Read 142043 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Spoilers/Speculation
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2006, 11:45:27 PM »
Could be. I've looked for old Baltimore maps; the earliest I could find is one from 1869 but it doesn't include the fort area. It's hard to pin down data sometimes because, as you said earlier, production is so sloppy (the lat-long thing is still nagging me).
On a different topic, I'll go ahead and ascribe the mine caps to the area around Butte Montana based on nothing more than this (scroll down to item 78 and follow the links).

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2006, 12:54:15 PM »
So they are off to Ft. McHenry.  Big Deal

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2006, 12:58:37 PM »
episode2
The nine remaining teams journey to the American West and take part in challenges relating to 19th-century explorers Meriwether Lewis and William Clark
episode3
The remaining eight teams become immersed in the history of the American Revolution as they attempt to find the third of seven artifacts in the treasure hunt.
episode4
The seven remaining teams explore some of the secrets of the Underground Railroad.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2006, 11:47:55 AM »
The TeamFogal website includes a better version of the final map. I haven't decided whether the stippled area is shoreline or just elevation.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2006, 10:09:27 AM »
So this "map" is Baltimore Harbor right?

The map shown is suppposed to be the location of the final treasure.  If it is indeed that of Baltimore Harbour, then the teams go to Boston, London, Dover Castle, and Paris before they return to USofA and look for the final treasure around Ft. McHenry.  Sort of doubt it.  So map must be somewhere else.

TPTB certainly are giving us enough hints of which teams survive the longest in their previews: Browns in Boston, Geniuses in Paris. etc.

NBC must be getting desperate since they repeated a one-hour version Friday night, will do so again Saturday, and once again at 8 on Monday.  And it does not get any better with each viewing!

But add all the small audiences together and NBC can shout out that over 12 million people have watched TH!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 10:50:52 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2006, 01:59:21 PM »
The NBC boards are a little eccentric sometimes--talk about Rosicrucians, Masons, etc.--and the conversation can devolve into insult matches. But occasionally there's some good work. This poster has some evidence that seems to bolster Chateau's call on Baltimore (I should have been googling "battle of baltimore" instead of "baltimore harbor" all along  :groan:). Here's the historical map and here's the mashup. There's some areas around the right border that don't match, but overall it's very close.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2006, 03:18:16 PM »
A sighting at the bottom of the page here, relayed by Enrico, that mentions the Geniuses in Paris asking for help: they had to find a "statue of someone who'd be considered a friend to Americans" (probably mini-me) and "a bridge trimmed in gold."

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2006, 07:54:19 PM »
As for the gold-trimmed bridge: Pont Alexandre III has some gilt statues, but a more likely candidate would be the Pont Mirabeau that Chateau already mentioned (source).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2006, 07:59:01 PM »
Good spoiler Slowhatch !!

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2006, 10:49:57 AM »
A sighting at the bottom of the page here, relayed by Enrico, that mentions the Geniuses in Paris asking for help: they had to find a "statue of someone who'd be considered a friend to Americans" (probably mini-me) and "a bridge trimmed in gold."

The statue of course is the 1/4-scale Statue of Liberty which is located on the Siene River on the Pont de Grenelle. The most decorated bridge across the Siene is the Pont Alexandre III which is certainly trimmed in gold.

This certainly means that the Geniuses make it through the early stages of the game so one less team to consider for early elimination.  That goes for the Browns and Hanlons who are spotted at Boston Light.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »
The NBC boards are a little eccentric sometimes--talk about Rosicrucians, Masons, etc.--and the conversation can devolve into insult matches. But occasionally there's some good work. This poster has some evidence that seems to bolster Chateau's call on Baltimore (I should have been googling "battle of baltimore" instead of "baltimore harbor" all along  :groan:). Here's the historical map and here's the mashup. There's some areas around the right border that don't match, but overall it's very close.

That, indeed, does seem to match the early map of Baltimore Harbor and the location of Ft. McHenry.  Could this be the spot to find the final key to the treasure?  If so, it looks like either the Grad Students or Miss USA are still in the running when they are seen with the Star Spangled Banner and the other flags on display in Ft. McHenry.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2006, 01:08:29 PM »
On a rainy weekend without much else to do, I reran some of the NBC promos for TH and unless the tape editors and TPTB  are really screwing around with reality, the following teams all are seen "in the weeks ahead":

Air Force
Ex-CIA
Fogel Family
Geniuses
Brown Family
Wild Hanlons
Southies
Miss USA.

That leaves our charming GRADS as the team to be ELIMINATED TONIGHT!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2006, 02:35:36 PM »
aw now you went and spoiled it for me Gman  :lol3: !! I'll watch just to see the outcome !

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2006, 04:52:08 PM »
Ah, shucks, Puddin, but I thought this here were the place to place spoilers :'(

Then again, the way TPTB have been screwing around with this series, it may be that the Miss USA team is the one who bites the dust.  Either way, the team with three girls is no mo. :tup:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2006, 10:04:15 PM »
OK, so I don't know exactly what happened after 2:20AM since exactly then our local NBC affiliate lost all their power due to the storms still raging in this area.

Came back on again just as the Grad Girls were hobbling along hunting for the black rock in the dark. And the Brown Boys just lost out to the Hanlons. Now there are some real winners - take time out to drive some 60 miles out of their way because, gee wiz, they were hungary? So the Grad Girls are not eliminated, the Brown Family are.

BUT WAIT.  Here come the promos of next week and lo and behold there are the Brown Family at Boston Light fighting with the wild Hanlons.  So maybe they are not eliminated afterall and have been resurrected by TPTB.

My guess is that the Grad Girls decide that they just can't go on with Kristine injured and all and opt out and TPTB re-instate the Brown team to take their place.  Anyway, we have the Browns and all the other teams except for the Grad Girls appearing somewhere in the promo.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2006, 12:29:24 AM »
Just going through the promo:
  • The Boston Light stuff, but also a few frames of an ossuary
  • Credits: an associate challenge producer whose name should be familiar
  • Another producer, who shares a name with a team family; probably just an amazing coincidence  :snicker:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2006, 01:17:56 AM »
 :jumpy:

Wow!  I got the harbor right.  Really, Slowhatch, way back you pointed out the Battle of Baltimore so that is what I Googled.

And I remember running across that very same old map that you just linked to.  That's where the neurons clicked when they showed the the blank map.  But it was so subconsious that I did not remember where I had seen the old map.

I was married in Baltimore but that's another story....
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2006, 10:44:37 PM »
The IMDB entry has been updated, showing a couple of new cities: Washington D.C. and Philadelphia. Still no luck with Mansefield.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2006, 11:11:42 AM »
Washington DC has been on the list for some time with shots of the National Mall, Washington Monument, and perhaps the Archieves or National History Museum (location of the actual Star Spangled Banner)

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2006, 12:02:42 PM »
The IMDB entry has been updated, showing a couple of new cities: Washington D.C. and Philadelphia. Still no luck with Mansefield.

If you read under where it says "Art Department", you'll see three set dressers and one space art director with a location of Mansefield. (And there's another mention of the locale under "Other Crew". The final person listed--the sherpa extraordinare--also has Mansefield listed.)
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2006, 04:58:59 PM »
My guess is that the Grad Girls decide that they just can't go on with Kristine injured and all and opt out and TPTB re-instate the Brown team to take their place.  Anyway, we have the Browns and all the other teams except for the Grad Girls appearing somewhere in the promo.

That's my guess too.  NBC sure has a long way to go to learn about not spoiling.

I just watched all episodes so far last night, so I hadn't checked in here.  I really wanted the Hanlons eliminated, they seem out of their league.  But they're kind of entertaining...

This is a "good enough" substitute until Amazing Race returns.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2006, 01:50:50 PM »
From the official website:
It's out there somewhere, a treasure that will become the richest prize in television history, but its location is shrouded in mystery and guarded by a secret society with an ancient past.
(my italics)
Here's an abstract from the Richmond TD about Genworth and its involvement. And the Genworth site you can see a listing of their products. And for the record, it looks like Brad Rutter holds the current record for one-time and total payoffs ($2M/3.25M). I'll put it all together and make an early guess: the prize is $5 M in annuities.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2006, 07:19:42 PM »
Some small progress: using this site (good descriptions of clothing and gear), I think I'll go ahead and spot the statue as being Nephthys (photo source). With TH, though, you always have to ask: does it mean anything, or is it just production nonsense? (back to work on the temple...)

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2006, 01:49:44 PM »
New York's Metropolitan Museum or London's British Museum both of which have fabulous Egyptian collections.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2006, 09:14:11 PM »
I think this is a printing plate.  It may be what the Geniuses are working with on that screw-style printing press.

Note the "Fort McHenry" that will be printed along with all the ships.

They should put their paper maps into the press, ink up the plate, and press the information onto their map.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders