Author Topic: Spoilers/Speculation  (Read 142012 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Spoilers/Speculation
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2006, 05:00:36 PM »
from TV Guide~
Premise: Ten three-member teams travel to different locales and search for clues leading to treasure in a reality contest featuring both mental and physical challenges.

Episode Detail: Treasure Hunters   ( all times ET )

Treasure Hunters    Sun, Jun 18  08:00 PM  WBRE 3 
Debut: Ten three-member teams travel to different locales and search for clues leading to a hidden treasure. First up: A group of five teams in Alaska and a group of five teams in Hawaii begin the competition, unaware of each other's existence. As the hunt gets under way, participants face both physical and mental challenges, and one team gets eliminated. Laird Macintosh is the host.

more from the Futon Critic~

Sunday, June 18 2006

TREASURE HUNTERS --(8:00PM-10:00PM) --(TV-PG L)

"Episode No.101 - Series Premiere"

THE HUNT BEGINS IN NEW ADVENTURE REALITY SERIES FROM THE PRODUCERS OF "THE DA VINCI CODE" -- Laird Macintosh ("Ultimate Playground") hosts this fast-paced adventure/mystery reality series where multi-player teams try to stay one step ahead of each other as they travel to historically significant locations around the globe and are mentally and physically challenged in their quest of a promised hidden treasure. The secrets of history protects seven mysterious artifacts that when combined, will reveal the key to the treasure. As ten teams of treasure hunters begin their search, one group of five teams find themselves in Alaska and the other group in Hawaii -- neither is aware the other group exists. As each team faces mental and physical challenges beyond their expectations in their respective environments, nothing prepares them for when both groups come face to face and realize the competition just got steeper. Now, ten teams rush to the next location where a mixture of real history and brain-teasing challenges only allow nine teams to move to the next round.

Treasure Hunters    Mon, Jun 19  09:00 PM  WBRE 3 
The nine remaining teams journey to the American West and take part in challenges relating to 19th-century explorers Meriwether Lewis and William Clark..

more from the Futon Critic~
Monday, June 19 2006

TREASURE HUNTERS --(9:00PM-10:00PM) --(TV-PG)

"Episode No.102"

BEND THE LIGHT-- To find the second of seven artifacts that will lead them to the treasure, the remaining nine teams must crack the secret code of Lewis & Clark as they follow in their footsteps through the American West. Laird Macintosh ("Ultimate Playground") hosts this fast-paced adventure/mystery reality series where multi-player teams try to stay one step ahead of each other as they are mentally and physically challenged in their quest of a promised hidden treasure.

Treasure Hunters    Mon, Jun 26  09:00 PM  WBRE 3 

The remaining eight teams become immersed in the history of the American Revolution as they attempt to find the third of seven artifacts in the treasure hunt.

more from the FutonCritic~
Monday, June 26 2006

TREASURE HUNTERS --(9:00PM-10:00PM) --(TV-PG L)

"Episode No.103"

DON'T TRUST THY NEIGHBOR -- To find the third of seven artifacts that will lead them to the treasure, the remaining eight teams must pair up to uncover the secrets of the American Revolution as they travel through America's colonial past. Laird Macintosh ("Ultimate Playground") hosts this fast-paced adventure/mystery reality series where multi-player teams try to stay one step ahead of each other as they are mentally and physically challenged in their quest for a promised hidden treasure.

note:

( EP1 repeats: Treasure Hunters  Mon, Jun 26  08:00 PM  WBRE 3  )
( EP2 repeats : Treasure Hunters    Wed, Jun 21  08:00 PM  WBRE 3  )
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 05:25:58 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2006, 10:20:21 PM »
Great job, Puddin! :waves: By playing around with the address, I was able to find a few confessionals. Here's the address for the first four:

rtsp://rx-wes-sea138.rbn.com:554/farm/*/realguide/TV/NBC/Treasure/treasurehunters_clip4.rm

Substitute 1,2,or 3 after the "clip" and you get this lineup:

clip 1: Miss USA
clip 2: Ex-CIA
clip 3: Southies
clip 4: Morse code

The the address changes to:

rtsp://rx-wes-sea130.rbn.com:554/farm/*/realguide/TV/NBC/Treasure/treasurehunters_clip8.rm

Again, substitute 5,6, or 7 after the "clip" and you get this:

clip 5: Ocean challenge
clip 6: Sexy mullet
clip 7: Glacier challenge
clip 8: sneaky preacher

There's probably more, but I'm not advanced enough to dig into their server.

As far as the glacier challenge goes, I ask you: what's wrong with this picture?  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2006, 11:02:14 PM »
 :-\ I am like the worst at this sort of stuff Slowhatch , so please tell me  :-[

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2006, 11:30:18 PM »
That's so odd.  Because the same bad number was posted in Harry's writeup.  I just thought it was a typo.  If you make it change the 400 to 100 (can't see the rest right now) then you get to a blurry glacier.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2006, 11:37:32 PM »
That's probably it. I've attached the kmz for Lake George, which is about 40 miles away.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2006, 01:14:39 AM »
thanks Slowhatch!

I haven't seen this clip yet , lots of details
Sorry it's AOL so I can't get the properties ...................

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1659428&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.singingfish.com

a review with more clips

here

and here

ok I see the links dont take you right to the clips but there are on the page below , in the links .
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 01:24:31 AM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2006, 01:27:15 AM »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2006, 02:00:23 AM »
They flipped the frames (deliberately?). When you turn the image around it reads "Battle of Baltimore." (star-spangled banner, etc.)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2006, 09:59:21 AM »
 :hearts:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2006, 09:33:49 PM »
A fish shop in Paris (I'm presuming). The sign reads poissons **ns. If I could get a better read I could look it up in the Paris yellow pages.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2006, 12:38:04 AM »
Masonic symbols: the compass and square (not sure what that is in the middle); and the eye-of-god in the dollar's pyramid. I've gotta agree with the article today in the Times; the show owes more to National Treasure than to Da Vinci Code.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 12:48:40 PM by Slowhatch »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2006, 12:51:49 AM »
I use to read alot about the Freemasonry but it's been years , maybe its the " key " ?

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2006, 10:58:32 AM »
TPTB really want to give a lot of hints away on where they are going and what teams are still in the race at each location.  We have teams shown in a variety of locations, i.e. The Brown Family at Boston Light. Now we just have to spend the time to match the right people to the right spot and we will have a pretty good idea of what the elimination order may be.

But to view the tape of last night's show is a torture I don't want to endure again just yet.  One time was bad enough.

And all those fake telephone inserts of the host giving instructions were just too much to accept as "reality".

Personally, I don't think I will be wasting much time over this rather dull and pointless series.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2006, 12:35:55 PM »
Looks like gingerman is not alone in his "less than glowing" review of the premier of Treasure Hunters.  The NY Times did a sneak peek review of episode 1, and they were not pleased.   :groan:

Edited to add: additional reviews found on metacritic.com

« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 12:47:58 PM by Boingo »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2006, 01:15:47 PM »
I felt the heavy hand of production in just about every clip.   (:;)
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2006, 08:11:31 PM »
First the glacier coordinates, now this. This probably doesn't qualify as a spoiler (unless production is messing with us in some weird way, and I don't give them that much credit), but I'll post it here anyway. The coordinates listed in the cap spots the teams in the middle of the Atlantic, nowhere near Hawaii. I thought it may be a simple mistake, but I heard of one the Geniuses recite the numbers to the boat driver.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2006, 08:34:36 PM »
Just one more example of how sloppy this production is.  And I do hope they kill that Ghad-awful music track.

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2006, 08:36:23 PM »
I am so shocked!!! :colealert:
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2006, 08:52:30 PM »
Dive Hana Bay

But 20.74 N, 155.872 W  does work.  They are just sloppy.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2006, 09:48:11 AM »
I detect a real lack of interest in this poor excuse of a "reality" show.

Nielson ratings for the premiere support this view.

Back to where the action is on TAR10.  Now there we have some real action.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2006, 10:43:15 AM »
Nielson ratings for the premiere support this view.

Interesting.  Bad reviews are one thing, but Nielsen measures viewership (time & channel).  Hope this does not carry over to TAR10 when it premieres in the fall in the same time slot (Sundays @8pm).   :(  ......naaaah

:lol3:  ...don't think theres any risk of TH being cancelled, if Slowhatch has anything to do with it.  Seems he keeps this show ( and forum topic) going by sheer will.  Might be a case of TAR withdrawal.  LOL  ;D

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2006, 08:32:16 PM »
Ah well, something to do. The only thing missing from TAR10 is a cellphone photo of Phil congratulating the winners  ;D. (From the image I gather you're a Suse person. I may be joining the crowd soon; I tried Vista Beta 2 over the weekend and it only lasted a few hours. Awful stuff)
Back to business: the fifteen stars and stripes mark this as the star-spangled banner. You can also see it behind the geniuses at the iron hand press (probably a Washington or Wells model).

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2006, 09:21:15 PM »
(From the image I gather you're a Suse person. I may be joining the crowd soon; I tried Vista Beta 2 over the weekend and it only lasted a few hours. Awful stuff)

You are very observant...but then again, you're a TAR Detective  :lol:   While XP is my primary OS, I have played around with various flavors of Linux, and found SuSE 10.0 to work best with my h/w.  It's  a free download, but device drivers can be a pain.  Now that Google Earth is available for Linux, I may be using it more often.  Vista looks interesting, but NO driver support (yet)!

But I digress.....knock yourself out with TH spoiling.  I'll save my energy for "the real thing" this fall.  ;)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2006, 09:33:38 PM »
So this "map" is Baltimore Harbor right?