Author Topic: Two Hour Finale  (Read 5238 times)

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
Two Hour Finale
« on: May 25, 2006, 08:09:48 AM »
So, what was everyone's favorite or worst moment of the show? I personally liked Puck and Pickler. That was so funny. How can Kellie be scared of a stupid Lobster? I was so afraid she was going to say, "That's a funny looking dog."
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Two Hour Finale
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 12:54:40 PM »
I was reminded all over again how cute she is and I think quite a little actress. She was hilarious. I kept hoping they would have another clip of Puck and Pickler.  :party: :party: :party:

I also LOVED the bit with the horrible singer imitating Clay. I couldn't decide if he truly was overwhelmed (probably) or a good actor as well. Whatever the case it was great fun. :jumpy:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 01:35:00 PM »
I think he really sings that bad. The Randy award for most outspoken person award was funny! I could not beleive they got these people to show up. But then again, dangle a big enough pocketbook infront of anyone and they'll play ball.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 05:33:52 AM »
I loved the Clay lookalike thing!  It was hilarious! Also liked the Brokenoke (whatever it was called) Mountain Trio!  Was kinda long, but funny.  :lol:

The worst for me?  Meatloaf w/ Kat.  :groan:  :o   Surely they could've found someone who matched her...like Lance of the singing group...help me out someone, can't remember the name of that group.
My mind is a blank sooo...
me outa here! :nitenite:

Nuala

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 06:55:16 AM »
Here is my 2 cents on the final...okay we all know it will be more than 2 cents......LOL.

When the awards thing started I thought it was a joke and was mad that they wasted time on it, but when I saw the next session of the awards I realized it was not a joke.  It was funny and added a touch of laughs to the show.  I think Paula should have got an award for never staying in her seat.  She was always up and dancing each show.  Wow, the energy.  My favorite award was when Elliot's mom won.  That was so sweet.  The funniest was the Randy award.  Was that really her in the satelitte thing?

Kelly Pickler is such a good sport.  When she spit the snail in the napkin and put it under her chair was hilarious.  She is so natural and how could people think that she wasn't?  She is going to be on the screen in the future.  Do you like her new hair do?  It is cute, but I did love her long hair also. 

Prince.....wow...I haven't heard him sing in a long time.  They should have had him and Paris sing that song she sang..KISS.  That would have been awesome, but what do I know.  LOL.

The performances by all the AI make me want to go see them on their live tour and buy their cd.  I hope when I move I will be able to go see them still.  We shall see. 

Of course the ending was breathless to me..when Taylor won.  WoW!!!  He did not have to thank the fans, judges, and other AI, but he did.  He is so humble and a breathe of fresh air in a world where people are selfish and arrogrant.  Thanks Taylor!!!

Thank you to those...Puddin and Rob who told me that AI is a great show to watch.  It has been my first year and I do not know if it will get better than this year, but it might.  HUGS.....you are the best!!! 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 08:42:10 AM »
It's great to have another fan to chat about AI with. As for the Jackson award, yes that was really her.
The only thing I thought should have been different, was the timing of the final vote. I think the last 15 minutes should have been dedicated to Taylor or let him sing one last song.

As for Katharine and Meatloaf, didn't they get to pick who they wanted to sing with?

Offline Jinx

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Safe Self Defense
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 04:55:07 PM »
It was by far the best AI idol finale I have ever watched.It was really entertaining from start to finish.I don't even recall Ryan saying his aver famous "After The Break" quote. :waves:

"Katrina might have knocked me down,but I'm here to say I got back up and fought back"

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 02:37:11 AM »
Nuala
Of course the ending was breathless to me..when Taylor won.  WoW!!!  He did not have to thank the fans, judges, and other AI, but he did.  He is so humble and a breathe of fresh air in a world where people are selfish and arrogrant.  Thanks Taylor!!!
  Sooo very true, Nuala!  Taylor is such a sweetie!  Gosh, I loves him to pieces, and he  "makes me Proud"!  :hearts:
Thanks for the great thoughts.  This was my first AI year too and I'm so glad I decided to include it in my tv viewing. I've enjoyed it tremendously!! :jumpy:  Here's to all the contestants who made the show a treat to watch!  :jam: Thanks to SIMON for producing it!  :jam:

Nuala

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 09:12:52 AM »
It's great to have another fan to chat about AI with. As for the Jackson award, yes that was really her.
The only thing I thought should have been different, was the timing of the final vote. I think the last 15 minutes should have been dedicated to Taylor or let him sing one last song.

As for Katharine and Meatloaf, didn't they get to pick who they wanted to sing with?

Yeah, I also thought that Taylor should have been given more time to sing than just one song.  I mean you would think they would let him bask in the winning a little longer.  I don't know if they got to pick who they sang with.  LOL, about the girl who won the Jackson award.  Maybe she will try out again next year, but leave her boots at home?

Offline Vernie

• RFF Full Member
  • Survivor Junkie, GOLF GODDESS, Hard working mom
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 04:50:41 PM »
I have to say my "worst" was Meatloaf and Kat.  Can you say EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwww.  I loved the brokenote cowboys.  I also thought this was the best finale show that they have put on. 
GrassrootSoccer.Org
www.aidsresearch.org

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 12:33:00 AM »
Jeffreysg
Dunno, but it sounds reasonable enough, given it was their last AI performance.