Author Topic: “AMERICA’S GOT TALENT”  (Read 13209 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
“AMERICA’S GOT TALENT”
« on: May 19, 2006, 07:54:45 PM »
BRANDY, DAVID HASSELHOFF AND PIERS MORGAN NAMED AS JUDGES OF NBC'S “AMERICA’S GOT TALENT” FROM SIMON COWELL AND FREMANTLEMEDIA
Released by NBC

BRANDY, DAVID HASSELHOFF AND PIERS MORGAN NAMED AS JUDGES OF NBC'S AMERICAS GOT TALENT FROM SIMON COWELL AND FREMANTLEMEDIA

Regis Philbin Hosts New Talent Competition Series Premiering With Two-hour Episode on Wednesday, June 21

BURBANK, Calif. -- May 18, 2006 -- Grammy award-winner and television star Brandy, (Moesha) actor, singer and executive producer David Hasselhoff (Baywatch), and U.K. television/media personality Piers Morgan have been named as judges for NBCs upcoming talent competition series Americas Got Talent from Simon Cowell (American Idol) and FremantleMedia (American Idol).

Hosted by television legend Regis Philbin (Live with Regis and Kelly), the series will have its two-hour broadcast premiere on Wednesday, June 21 (8-10 p.m. ET). The regular telecast time of Americas Got Talent will be Wednesdays, 9-10 p.m. ET; (30-minute results shows will air on Thursdays beginning July 13, 8:30-9 p.m. ET).

We have three different judges from three different backgrounds, said Cowell. Expect the unexpected.

Im looking forward to seeing all the elements and talents of this show come together on one stage. It should make for great television, added executive producer Ken Warwick.

Being a fan of reality television, I'm happy to be a part of a show that embraces all of America's diverse talent, said Brandy. When I got the call from Simon to be part of "America's Got Talent," I was thrilled because I have always wanted the opportunity to help newcomers with their career the way so many people have helped me.

"I have a long standing relationship with FremantleMedia Media and Simon Cowell, who is always great fun to work with," said Hasselhoff. It should be a blast, especially now with Regis on board. I'm looking forward to discovering what wild new talent is out there."

"I've chased, interviewed, broken, admired and laughed at celebrities for the last 20 years and the one thing I can safely say from all my experience is that America has produced more great entertainment talent than any other country in the world, said Morgan. My sincere hope is that we uncover a genuinely talented new superstar in this show, as well as a few acts that make us all laugh out loud."

Cowell and FremantleMedia will bring the hottest performers from across the country to TV audiences in this new variety series that allows viewers to determine who will walk away with a $1 million cash prize. Hosted by television legend Philbin, "America's Got Talent" features a colorful array of hopeful future stars -- singers, dancers, comedic performers and unique acts of all ages will have a chance to strut and perform in front of Hasselhoff, Brandy and Morgan, who will determine which acts advance to the final rounds where America will vote for the ultimate performer.

At 26, few have reached the luminary stature of Brandy. She is a Grammy Award-winning singer, a major film and television actress, a model, a spokesperson, producer and a Mom. Having sold over 25 million copies of her 4 solo CD's, she has won over 100 awards as a recording artist. Her long-running television show, Moesha helped launch the UPN Network where it ran for 6 successful seasons. Additionally, she was the star of Cinderella and Double Platinum, two of televisions highest rated special programs.

Internationally recognized for both his work in television and music, Hasselhoff shot to fame with his starring role in Knight Rider, which garnered him a Peoples Choice Award as Most Popular Actor. In 1989, Hasselhoff was cast in the internationally popular series Baywatch, of which he eventually became the executive producer. Additionally, he is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as "The Most Watched TV Star in the World due to his starring roles on both series. Hasselhoffs musical career took off in the late 1980s after he recorded the album Looking for Freedom at the end of the Cold War. The song became an anthem for the newly united German people and remained at the top of their charts for eight weeks. The album went triple platinum in Europe and Hasselhoff was named Most Popular and Best Selling Artist of the Year in Germany. Additionally, he has released six other albums in Europe, which have all gone platinum and gold. He made his theatrical debut in the Broadway musical Jekyll and Hyde, and went on to make his West End debut in the hit musical Chicago. Hasselfhoff has also appeared in several feature films including, Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, and the family favorite, The Spongebob SquarePants Movie. He will also star in Adam Sandlers Click, a new feature film to be released next month.

A former editor of the London Daily Mirror, Morgan was arguably the best-known national newspaper editor since his good friend Kelvin MacKenzie edited the Sun in the 1980s. He became editor of the News of the World at the age of 28 - the youngest national newspaper editor for more than 50 years. Two years later, he was recruited to edit the Daily Mirror. During this time, he was responsible for breaking several high-profile stories and also became close friends with Princess Diana. Earlier this month, he launched First News, the first weekly newspaper for children that endeavors to educate them on social and political issues in a language they can understand. On television, Morgan served as host for two episodes of Tabloid Tales for BBC1 during the shows 2002/2003 season. Additionally, he hosted a three part series The Importance of Being Famous, as well as the one-hour documentary The Death of Celebrity, for Channel 4. His latest project You Cant Fire Me, Im Famous starts airing in the U.K. on June 5. Morgan also created The Pride of Britain Awards, in which high profile celebrities and royals honor ordinary citizens for doing extraordinary and/or heroic things.

"America's Got Talent" is produced by Cowell's SYCO TV production company and FremantleMedia. Cowell, Warwick and Cecile Frot-Coutaz ("American Idol") are the executive producers. Jason Raff (Three Wishes) and Charles Boyd American Idol) are the co-executive producers.

http://thefutoncritic.com/pr.aspx?id=20060518nbc02
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 09:47:15 AM by puddin »

Nuala

Re: “AMERICA’S GOT TALENT” Premiering June 21
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 04:22:56 PM »
Simon Cowell....you gotta love the man!!!  He can't help it that he is British.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 05:59:05 PM »
I hope its more interesting than " So you think you can dance "

Offline mckingsley

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 11:20:23 PM »
Whats with Regis as the host, though....not impressed.  Oh well it still might be good.

Haselhoff might actually be a good host, if he can keep from crying ;)
Brandy, I still think of as a little girl.
I don't know the third judge.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 11:24:36 AM »
Germans love David Hasselhoff. He should host it.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 01:29:26 PM »

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 02:16:02 PM »
Sounds good to me.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 08:17:39 PM »
This show is so stupid that it makes me LOL  :lol3:
Don't like this Pier guy because he rips off Simon but Sharon rocks although she has horrible taste  :rotf:

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 07:23:29 AM »
Sharon is a good replacement for Brandy

and  JERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY JERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY!!! Better than Regis!!! hahahahahahahahah he kills me

but i still refuse to watch this show!!  :umn:
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 09:46:25 AM »
Why won't you watch it CJ?

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: “AMERICA’S GOT TALENT”
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 10:25:16 AM »
its on when canadian idol is on first off....but secondly the talent stinks!! maybe i'll watch it closer to finals....

if it was like starsearch quality maybe i'd watch it!!

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 12:53:12 PM »
I disagree about the Jerry Springer bit, I'd rather watch Regis than Springer any day.
I've been enjoying the show so far. It's a nice filler in the summer.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 12:59:06 PM »
OIC, CJ!
well I didn't watch it the first time around but there was nothing on last night and was flipping through the channels and caught most of it and if anything it was funny but really that Pier dude sucks so won't die if I miss an episode here or there.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 01:00:12 PM »
i find regis to be fake when he speaks ....i always have...but thats just me

PIer is annoying...hasselhoff needs gto be drinking on the show...and sharon...well its sharon!! lol

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 01:04:52 PM »
Piers is just a simon wannabe. I think he's faker than Regis. He'll hit his button and when other people claim how they love the act he just adds "Oh I was just trying to throw you off." RIGHT! I think he's just trying to be dislikable and it just making him look dumb.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 01:15:23 PM »
 B:)

lol i'm bored!

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 06:28:08 PM »
B:)

lol i'm bored!

Britain's Got Talent is much better!

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 08:50:51 AM »
i don't have the time to watch on my computer at home!! lol someone burn the dvds and mail to me lol
!!!

Offline Kilarney

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 08:31:14 AM »
I am usually no fan of British television, but let me just say........
Britain's Got Talent is 1000% better than the American version.  It was some of the best reality television that I've seen in a LONG time.

The key is that you really became attached to the performers, and wanted to see them do well.  The hosts were also great.  The American version is just a prime-time Jerry Springer show.  And really... Simon Cowell (who is on the British version with Piers) is better than Hasselhoff any day of the week.

Even if you don't watch it for a while, you owe it to yourself to download all 10 episodes while you still can. 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 08:37:45 AM »
Perhaps, but at least Hasselhoff makes the show interesting. Springer is just annoying.
Do they show the bad acts in the UK version as well? And if so, are they just as bad as the American ones? Example.

Offline Kilarney

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2007, 01:22:27 PM »
They show bad acts in the British version, however, there seems to be a better balance between bad acts and good acts. 

And yes.... the bad acts are just as bad.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 09:37:57 AM »
Anyone else still watching this? I'm sorry but I almost tuned out when Boy Brittney went to the top 20. What was that all about?
Top 10 acts are okay, though I can't believe this is the best America has to offer, far to many singers for my taste, I wish it was more acts and such.
Any thoughts?

Offline Kilarney

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2007, 03:02:16 PM »
I'm just barely hanging on.  As it is, I fast forward through about 75% of the show.  Now that I know how much they will be dragging it out, I think I may be done.

Too bad.  The British version  was so good!

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2007, 03:38:22 PM »
I never did get around to watching that. Wish it was available on netflix or something.
What's with Pierce still buzzing all the acts?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2007, 11:32:26 PM »
Jenius, Piers is the Simon Cowell(they are good friends) of this show. His role is to be the bad guy who tells the truth about the acts when David Hasselhof and Sharon Osbourne just want to be everyone's friend. His buzzer marks his lack of respect for an act while they are still performing.

Now as to the specifics of Tuesday night's round of 10 competition, I was enthralled by the Calypso Tumblers and Terry Fator the ventriloquist. Either one deserves to win. The voters of America keep voting for sappy singers. There are 6 sappy singers who are mediocre in this competition. There is also one singing group, the Duttons, who are worse than medicore, never should have been in the group of 10, and are likely to get shown the way home if sanity prevails. The other group deserving elimination is Sideswipe, a martial arts group that went for cheap applause.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 09:10:29 AM by apskip »