Author Topic: Hell's Kitchen 2  (Read 7185 times)

Offline Tyler1991

• RFF Not So Newbie
Hell's Kitchen 2
« on: May 11, 2006, 11:19:40 PM »
Anyone heard anything about it? I heard there will be one but have heard 3 different premeire dates...Sometime in June

Offline Aaron D.

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Hell's Kitchen 2
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 01:26:22 AM »
June 11, I think. Also, if you have BBC America a new season of Ramsay's kitchen nightmares starts May 31.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 02:27:24 PM »
I don't know why I love this show but I do! What an opening. Schweating in the food! YUCK! Throw that Schweater out Chef! PLEASE!

There are 6 men and 6 women. Oddly enough the men are the Blue Team and the women the Red Team.  :food: The girls make a pact, they will work as a team until the men are gone! This just might work!

First Challenge: Each of you must cook your signature dish. Get busy, you have 30 minutes. Some were so delicious that Chef Ramsey besides spitting the food into a huge waste bin was nearly reduced to full-blown nausea. Someone give the Chef some wine to clear his palate! I’m not even going to discuss the hat as a repository for a portion of one entrée nor the baby poo slop.

Ok! Everyone survived the challenge so now on to the kitchen. Serve a full course dinner to the diners who obviously never watched last years show. (Eat before you come because you may never get all 5 courses. Or any for that matter, since neither team could get food out.) Close the kitchen down!! They are miserable failures. Never EVER has Chef Ramsey been so embarrassed.  Because both teams were so bad, it was a choice of which team was the worst of the worst. (  ;D :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

Red Team, you are the worst of the worst! I already have a favorite! Heather. What a gal! Chef Ramsey sees her potential, she chooses the candidates for the first to leave hell's fire. Out OUT Polly! Pack up your knives and leave. (Wait, that was some other show...) Take off your uniform so it can be impaled on the hook under your photo! Unlike Big Brother, the photo burns to a crisp when the jacket is stuck on the hook! No turning to black and white!

Episode Two! New Challenge! Cutting perfect steaks. They must be 10 oz each. After staggering to the chopping block with a huge 1/2 a cow or so, each wannabe chef had to chop it in half, slice off the fat but only SOOOOO much then cut perfect steaks. HMMM it was a close thing but the Red Team pulls it off and is rewarded with a helicopter ride and dinner with Chef Ramsey. (If I had to choose which people to dine with, it would be the girls, because the Schweater is on the Blue Team and no telling what he'd do while dining!) Blue team, it is your job to make hamburger or something out of the truly butchered meat that remains.

Whoops, medical emergency, one of the Blue Team members can't take the heat literally and figuratively... In the middle of the night we find Larry the Fishmonger in pain. Larry calls for help and we see an ambulance. Next thing the teams know Larry is calling from the hospital. He's out for good. So Long Larry.  :waves: Too bad because earlier he’d been having a hot time in the hot tub with the girls while the guys were deciding that they should go to bed early and get some sleep.

Ah well. Time for dinner again. Will either team get anything out this time? The Red Team is trying mightily and manage to get some food out while the Blue Team waits (and waits and waits) for their order. Keith now a waitperson is rather out of shape and was tasked to go up some stairs to the balcony where conveniently or not, some wait for the pleasure of dining on inexperienced chef’s tasty food. It seems Chef Ramsey didn't like the way the order was written so Keith had to rewrite it. (What are the temperature requirements Keith? You forgot to put that small detail on the order! It seems that writing is on the difficult side for him and it took about an hour or so it seemed to finally get to the kitchen. Unfortunately some on the Blue Team have ADD or are hard of hearing, requiring a repeat of the order.. Say again? Was there Quail in that there order? ARE YOU DEAF? QUAIL? You birdbrain! (I threw that last part in there for the drama!)

OH MY!! Heather has been commanding the Red Team magnificently but reaching for duck sauce she burns her hand badly! Chef Ramsey jumps in and takes over, getting her to the sink to put her hand in cold water and calling for ice! Even then she still is trying to maintain control of the halfwits on her team, trying to get the orders out. Chef orders her to the waiting ambulance and hospital for treatment. (He really was concerned for her.)

Utter Chaos for the Red Team!! Sara who was tasked to be a waitperson for the Red Team asks if she can come back to the kitchen and finally the girls get some organization in the kitchen and orders begin to be served.

DANG! Just as the food was beginning to be served, there are no customers left! Or should I say the customers left before the food arrived. Either way, we have another dismal dining adventure for customers who should know better than to expect food in a restaurant named Hell’s Kitchen! However they were given plenty of wine so they probably weren't too upset.

Heather returns just as Chef Ramsey is gearing up to decide which team was the worst. This time the honor goes to the Blue Team who never managed to even get so much as a salad cracker out to the dining room. Garret, your mission should you accept it, is to come up with the names of your fellow wannabe chefs so I can throw one in the has-been heap with the food that we threw out last night. Garret chooses Giacomo and Tom. We have a flash back of Giacomo saying he was always picked on so Hell's Kitchen is more of the same. Tom gives an impassioned plea; he will fly right and never ever fail again.  B:) B:) B:) Chef Ramsey tells Tom, back into the line and brings Gabe forward. Gabe, you are too sweet a guy. You're fired, pack your knives and give me your chef's shirt so I can impale it on the peg under your photo. (Which of course causes the photo to burn into ashes!)  BTW, Garret comes from Cedar Park Texas, which is just up the road from me. 

« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 08:09:02 PM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 02:32:22 PM »
I have this taped.  Will let a couple build up then watch it on a rainy day.
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline PotatosPunkGirl

• Big Brother Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 03:13:31 PM »
I looooooooooooooove this show!  I am a food tv junky!! lol..any kind of cooking show..so now to put some real action in what was a not so interesting subject to some...well..let me tell you....all the girls at work got hooked at work last season!!  This AFTER they used to make fun of me for watching Rachel Ray, Emeril, And Mingh Tsai(I confess to a not so secret crush)..lol

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 03:19:26 PM »
I like Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares on BBC America better than this offering.  Ramsey is much more himself in that one.
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 06:15:46 PM »
I like Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares on BBC America better than this offering.  Ramsey is much more himself in that one.

My hubby and I watched Wednesday's show and we had the hardest time with the accents!  :o :doh: It does show a totally different view of Ramsey. I have a reminder set now so I won't forget to watch it. With 24, Apprentice and AI finished, it's been slim watching around here.

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 07:12:46 PM »
Give it a couple of weeks and you will get used to it.

Offline BRL

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 04:25:17 PM »
I'm glad to see this show back on...another show I just loved.
The tribe has spoken....

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 09:20:55 AM »
Give it a couple of weeks and you will get used to it.

:hrt: Good suggestion. I love the MI5 show too, which I THINK was on A&E but not positive about that.

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 10:00:34 AM »
Ramsey was on Regis & Kelly last week for a outdoors BBQ segment.  Well Ramsey was telling Regis about a certain recipe and how to cook it and Regis was trying certain things.  One of them was to somehow squirt some juice into some meat.  Instead he squirts some on Ramsey.  Even though he didn't swear like he does on his show, you could tell he wanted to and was annoyed.  It just cracked me up!  :lol3:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 12:23:34 PM »
Ramsey was on Regis & Kelly last week for a outdoors BBQ segment.  Well Ramsey was telling Regis about a certain recipe and how to cook it and Regis was trying certain things.  One of them was to somehow squirt some juice into some meat.  Instead he squirts some on Ramsey.  Even though he didn't swear like he does on his show, you could tell he wanted to and was annoyed.  It just cracked me up!  :lol3:

I'm sure he had some choice words at the ready.  :lol3:

Unfortunately we missed last night's episode so watching the recording is on the TO DO list for today. I did see that the greasy haired kid Jock-e-mo got the boot. Too bad, I like him much more than Tom and Keith. I'm beginning to like Garret. If he returns to Cedar Park TX, maybe he'll open a Jail House cafe locally and we can see how good a chef he is. :margarita:

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Hell's Kitchen 2's ratings increase
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 08:27:37 AM »
From Realityblurred.com

Hell's Kitchen 2's ratings increase; Ramsay wins libel suit over claims his other show was faked

Hell’s Kitchen 2 is looking to be the first reality hit of this summer. The series debuted with an average of 6.7 million viewers last week, roughly the same as last year, but was watched by an average of 7.4 million viewers Monday night, a significant increase.

Meanwhile, Hell’s Kitchen star Gordon Ramsay was awarded $138,000 in damages by a UK court from The Evening Standard. The newspaper “claimed in November that parts of Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares — in which Ramsay helps save failing restaurants — had been exaggerated to make an average restaurant look like a health hazard,” the AP reports. The paper also “claimed the program had put an incompetent chef into place at” a restaurant that “was featured in one episode.”

Ramsay said, “I won’t let people write anything they want to about me. Even I have limits and on this occasion the line was crossed. I am satisfied with today’s apology and am looking forward to future series of ‘Kitchen Nightmares.’”

Covering reality television in a country where libel is much easier to prove must be a lot more difficult. For one, I might not be able to just call reality TV whores that unless I’d actually offered them money in exchange for something. Nor could one be, I imagine, an asshat TV critic who makes unsubtantiated claims about the veracity of a reality TV show.