Author Topic: FINAL 3: Taylor!  (Read 25352 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: FINAL 3: Taylor!
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2006, 12:16:58 AM »
gammonwoman2
Taylor is my choice!!!!
  We knows talent when we sees it, huh Gammy?!   

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2006, 06:22:05 AM »
I think VFTW just jumped on the Taylor bandwagon because they got tired of the person they were backing getting voted out anyway!!! If he wins, they will be wanting to take the credit. But lots of us on here were Taylor fans from the very beginning!!!  :woohoo:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2006, 10:52:48 AM »
Puddin, you are going to have all the VFTW fans jamming your email box now. They just about all told me they like Taylor and that is why they are voting for him. To stick it to Fox and Simon! I guess I'm on board with that. SOUL PATROL!
Then how come thefunnystone posted " We Win !" , Jeff ! Yeah they do win , they changes the odds , Taylor should have been gone weeks ago , end of story .

We're back for American Idol 5!
 We're back! Votefortheworst.com was started in 2004 to support voting for the entertainingly bad contestants on American Idol. Why do we do it? During the initial auditions, the producers of Idol only let certain people through. Many good people are turned away and many bad singers are kept around to see Simon, Paula, and Randy so that America will be entertained.

Why do the producers do this? It's simple: American Idol is not about singing at all, it's about making good reality TV and enjoying the cheesy, guilty pleasure of watching bad singing. We agree that the bad singers are entertaining, and we want to acknowledge this fact by encouraging people to make an even funnier show by helping the amusing antagonists stick around.

The show starts out every year encouraging us to point and laugh at all of the bad singers who audition. We want this hilariously bad entertainment to continue into the finals, so we choose the contestant that we feel provides the most entertaining train wreck performances and we start voting for them. We don't necessarily vote for the worst technical singer; we take into account many factors like if they have crazy personalities, how well they dance and move around the stage, if they have an attitude, if they annoy the general public, if they're fun to poke fun at, etc. The bottom line is that they have to be entertaining. So we don't just vote for the worst singer, we vote for the most entertaining contestant using our own criteria.
American Idol lets many contestants into the top 24 who have no chance to win. These people are placed in the competition for ratings, and when they start to perform poorly, the viewing audience laughs and generally votes them out. But VFTW sees keeping these contestants around as a golden opportunity to make a more amusing show. American Idol producers don't like this though, because they already know who they want to win. They pimp certain contestants from the get-go, and it's usually incredibly obvious who stands a chance of winning and who doesn't. This year's elimination of Chris Daughtry was quite the shocker, though, so it's less obvious who that winner is this year. The only thing we do know for sure is that Simon does not want Taylor to win. We find it boring that the producers have turned this into a 12 week "promote the pre-selected winner" contest, so we want to turn the show on its side to promote someone different.

Fox doesn't like that we're voting for the worst, so they've called our website "hateful" and "mean spirited". Doesn't it seem a tad hypocritical to say that when the show has weeks devoted to making fun of bad auditions? The producers also profited from a "Worst of American Idol" DVD set last year. How can the producers let Simon mock some of the contestants but then let us be called "vicious" when a campaign exists to help those very people?

Vote for the Worst encourages you to have fun with American Idol and embrace its suckiness by voting for the less talented contestants. We rally behind one choice so that we can help make a difference and pool all of our votes toward one common goal. Join us and vote for the VFTW contestant as many times as you can each week. Our aim isn't to win every single week, but to get a bad contestant as far as possible. If our VFTW pick is ousted from the competition, we'll move onto someone new. If we can help someone undeserving inch a spot closer to winning, that's a great success! We care less about succeeding every single week than we do just enjoying the bad performances as they happen. Kevin Covais's "Part Time Lover" this season is what VFTW is all about- it was entertaining, it was funny, it was awkward, and we loved it!

People may tell you "VFTW makes no difference, their votes don't count". Obviously this makes no sense, because every vote counts. We're a fanbase just like the fangirls who somehow thought Anthony Fedorov was a good singer. It wouldn't make much sense to say that our voting bloc makes no difference and then turn around and vote, because your votes would make even less of a difference.

We had our first Vote for the Worst victories during American Idol 3 with John Stevens and Jasmine Trias. Then we struck gold during American Idol 4 with contestants like Janay Castine and Scott Savol. Season 5 has been great fun with amazing people like Brenna Gethers, Kevin Covais, and Kellie "What's a Ballsy" Pickler. We're now throwing our support behind Taylor Hicks because he would be a marketing nightmare for the powers that be, he's wildly entertaining, and it's obvious that Simon doesn't want him to win. So, go on, embrace the cheesiness of American Idol and help us Vote For the Worst!

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2006, 10:59:32 AM »
sounds like this was started by someone whom got rejected and is very very bitter
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2006, 11:01:55 AM »

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2006, 11:03:19 AM »
I don't know Puddin, do you want to read all the email I got regarding Taylor? I'm telling you what the VFTW fans told me.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2006, 11:16:59 AM »
I can't access your email Jeff  :lol:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2006, 11:31:43 AM »
Puddin, come one WAKE UP! I was asking because if you want to, I can forward some of the mail to you. I know you can't read my mail any more than I can read yours..... or can I? ? ? ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2006, 11:36:25 AM »
:meow: PMS Jeff ?  :lol3:

sure shoot them to me ............  :waves:

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2006, 11:40:41 AM »
fight fight fight

everybody come watch Jeffrey and Puddin' scratch it out

almost as good as too girls fighting  :meow:

:lol3:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

[IM

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2006, 11:58:26 AM »
Look who's talking.  :knuckles:  :lol3:  :angel:

Puddin, I'll work on getting those to you this afternoon. I should probably do some work for just a bit. LOL

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2006, 05:29:00 PM »
http://www.myspace.com/thefunniestone 
puddin thanks for posting the article, even if I dont' believe it!! :hugs:
I'm not sorry to say...I am UN-impressed with that story.  I don't care wtf that Dave guy says I don't believe it.  He's all bored for lack of whatever. 
 Maybe I'm naive, but I do not believe Simon (jerk or not) or the prodiucers or the network had the winner all planned out from the start.  I believe all the finalists have worked their buns off to get where they are & deserve to be there!!  FWIW!  :umn:

Gooo Taylor!!!!!!!!  I'm a believer!!!!!!!!!!  Hooked on Hicks!  Taylor, :yourock:
I love ya!!   :hearts:   :hrt:   :woohoo:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2006, 05:36:45 PM »
Jeffrey, may I please read your emails about Taylor? 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2006, 05:47:05 PM »
:popcorn: puddin waits for a Cole comeback    :lol:

Offline Cole

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
KAT IS DA BOMB!!!!!
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2006, 05:58:39 PM »
well...speaking of jeffrey's work...i heard he only lasted 7 seconds  :lol3: of actually 'working' that is  :lol3:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 06:04:57 PM by Cole »

[IM

Offline Jinx

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Safe Self Defense
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2006, 08:14:39 PM »
Do you think that Taylor will  get Elliot's votes? I honestly don't know who is going to win this years title.

Jinx
"Katrina might have knocked me down,but I'm here to say I got back up and fought back"

Nuala

« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2006, 08:40:33 PM »
I am grateful my hubby got through for our one vote for Taylor.  The dialidol isn't working for me and I just can't get through.  Yikes.  But, I will keep trying in a few.  I am so excited for Taylor.  I would actually pay to go see him in concert.  Kat is good, but Taylor is better.
I absolutely loved his single.  I had tears in my eyes.  He is one in a million!!!!

SOUL PATROL...GO TAYLOR HICKS!!!

Nuala

« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2006, 06:34:05 PM »
I absolutely loved Taylor's single ....Do I make you Proud?  Yes, Taylor you make some of us proud. 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2006, 05:16:44 AM »
I absolutely loved Taylor's single ....Do I make you Proud?  Yes, Taylor you make some of us proud.
  Amen!  Nuala, is that CD available in stores yet?  I love love love all of his songs!  :jumpy: :hearts:  You Send Me, You are so beautiful, etc etc.  I would love to have a CD of his Fav songs, but it may be awhile before that happens, I suppose.  The Top 24 CD has been released though.  Heard it on the news.  I'll be looking it!

Nuala

« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2006, 06:43:51 AM »
I don't know if is his single available yet or not on cd, but when it is I will let you know.  Did you see him on Jay Leno?  If not go to a site called gray charles and you can watch it there. 

Nuala

« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2006, 09:08:30 AM »
For all you soul patrolers there is an excellent fan site up and running and has been for a while.  If you would like to know pm and I will share the addy.

Here are some hottie pics for those who like Taylor. His single will be on sale in June.

Nuala

« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2006, 04:28:17 PM »
okay one more pic for all of us Taylor fans.....Puddin' please don't puke on it.  I really am tired from cleaning up after you....LOL.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2006, 08:15:17 AM »
Here is his myspace page. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=55986260
I've asked Taylor to log onto Puddin and request to be her friend also. LOL

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2006, 11:29:04 AM »
 :lol3:jeff!!!   puddin, you don't like taylor??  the man who got more votes than any presidential election?? :lol3:   i love him, and i think he is our star of the year!! :hearts:  who were you for??  i thought he and clay took the show!!! :hearts:  i love you, honeywoman!!  just had to rib you, never get to do that, as we always agreeeeeee!! :kuss:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2006, 05:02:12 AM »
 :lol3:  :lol3:  LOL!  Yeah Nuala, we wouldn't want puddin to puke on our wonderful Taaaylorrrr!!  Hey gal, thanks for the great photos!  You should see my Taylor folder.
It's full of pics!  And I got the radio file from a Taylor fan site saved in Media Player, which is playing as i write.  :hearts:   I am Hooked on Hicks!  :hrt: 

Something else...did you know there's a postage stamp for Taylor?  I ordered a sheet of 20.  Cool!  But now I don't know if I should keep them or use 'em!  Maybe they'll become a collectors' item?  Aw heck, I'll probably use them!

:jumpy:  :congrats:  TAYLOR!   :yourock:  :jumpy:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 05:11:19 AM by RudyRules »