Author Topic: Former 'Idol' Contestant Nixes Fuel Gig  (Read 3774 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Former 'Idol' Contestant Nixes Fuel Gig
« on: June 03, 2006, 07:50:23 PM »
Former 'Idol' Contestant Nixes Fuel Gig

Thanks to Yahoo TV News

Saturday June 3 6:25 PM ET

Former "American Idol" contestant Chris Daughtry said Saturday he has turned down an offer to be lead singer for the band Fuel.

Daughtry, in Greensboro for a day of welcome-home appearances, said he expects to announce his next career move in few months, probably after he finishes with an "American Idol" summer concert tour.

"I'm going to be doing my own thing," Daughtry told The Charlotte Observer.

The band offered Daughtry a job hours after viewers voted him off the Fox television talent show last month. Bass player Jeff Abercrombie and guitarist Carl Bell made their pitch on the TV show "Extra."

He would have replaced Brett Scallions, who quit the multi-platinum rock band in February.
-------------------------
I think Chris made the right decision, b/c he's quite capable of leading his own band!
Being on the AI tour will keep him real busy for several months and by the time it's over, it will give him a chance to fall back, regroup, & "do his own thing".  Good luck, Chris! 
:yourock:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
Re: Former 'Idol' Contestant Nixes Fuel Gig
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 10:30:41 AM »
I agree. And Fuel may have wanted Chris simply for his popularity. Chris will do well, but I do hope he has plans the can fall back on.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 01:14:05 PM »
chris on his own is a great idea! I completely agree: this way he can do his own sound and not have to follow an existing bands style...

Did you know that Chris had auditioned for INXS on CBS's reality show Rock Star in 2005, making it only as far as the final 50. "We all loved him, and so did INXS, but it was just clear he didn't fit into the INXS box," says David Goffin, an executive producer of Rock Star. "If he were trying out this year [for new band Supernova, featuring Tommy Lee, Gilby Clarke, and Jason Newstead], he'd probably make it to the finals."

So its all a matter of having a style that fits everyone and obviously he didn't feel fuel and him "clicked".  :tup:
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 04:24:32 AM »
That says it in a nutshell, CeeeJay & I agree.  I'm sure Chris will find his niche in due time.  He has the passion and drive to do whatever he's comfortable with.  He's on his way to success...just like Taylor.  ( :lol:  ...just had to sneak in a plug for my soul man, whom I  :hrt:  !! 

Offline Honey

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 07:20:45 PM »
I think that part of Chris really wants to do somthink like the Fuel Gig but the other part of him, the family part, keep him from signing the contract.  I hope that it doesn't keep him from it forever.  He may have to start small, close to home and work his way up to somthing big as his kids grow up.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 07:40:59 PM »
I've thought of that too.  He's definitely family oriented & may be afraid to sign any contracts, for fear he will be neglecting his family.  I'm sure his wife/children are supportive of him though.  If he works in a band close to home, he can have the best of both worlds!