Author Topic: Finale ' 5 Continents...10 Countries...And More than 59 thousand Miles! '  (Read 86368 times)

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I volunteer to hang out in the New Orleans French Quarter the first couple weeks of June to see if they start the race there.  :lol:  :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
 :hero: :keeta: now thats what I'm talking about Sups !!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
if any1 is at any major aiport from june 2-9 keep a eye out on the yellow and red flags  ;) :lol: :jam:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
I'll camp out at the Airport in Milwaukee. LOL, like they would come here.  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
The only thing that threw it off a little was at Red Rocks when they had to do a final roadblock. We all thought the pics under the tunnel and of the cabs were to the finish line.

But, but, but...this was right #69:

If this hapened first (and I hope it did)

then

this E&J cluebox shot should have a mark as indicated.

It doesn't     :'(

And this (except for the stairs part) #107:

Whatever the final task is, I bet they go through that tunnel (see satellite image) to the parking lot on the other side and complete the task there.  That shot of Ray & Yolanda may be them on the trail that shows up in the satellite image.  It goes to the bottom of the amphitheater.

For sure we see the teams enter the amphitheater and have to run all the way up the stairs to Phil at the top (south end)

I think E&J get to the final task first (due to the lack of any marks in the snow at the cluebox from BJ&T's taxi) but the difference is not enough to let them win.  The final task will involve using their brains and for that BJ&T will wiz right by them.

I can't wait!    :jumpy:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I haven't had a chance to reread the whole thread Chateau but giving credit where credit is due  :jam:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
i like the fact they had a final roadblock before running to the finish line ala fart and tar3. but for tar3 it was a taxi ride away before running to the finish line. tar 7,6,and 5 could have had differnt finishes if there was a roadblock on site before running to the finish line.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
I also enjoyed the final roadblock before the finish line, it made it even more exciting.  I hope they do that for the next one.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Phil's Blog

:hrt:

EPISODE 13
   We are heading back America. One more long flight and sleep of course. BJ managed to convince the hotel staff to keep the Internet, in the hotel, a secret from the other teams. Eric & Jeremy got out on the first flight, but all the teams have to connect and will be on the same flight into Alaska. We are set up for a perfect finish. Word is that the weather is a bit rough in Alaska, which might affect some of the challenges we have set up.

A long night of flying. Things keep changing with the order of the teams. Heard that BJ & Tyler did a Fran & Barry by walking past the snow shoes. It doesn't matter how smart you are; when you're under Race pressure things just disappear.

It is always so exciting at this point in the Race. We are getting calls about where the teams are at, but things change so quickly. We are headed back to the Mile High City. Nice to complete a full lap around the world.

The Roadblock is great. The set up looks incredible with hundreds of flags spread out over the snow covered ground. Having a cerebral challenge so close to the end could make for a dramatic finish if there are a few teams here at once.

All teams are on their way here. What a brilliant finish. Having BJ and Eric dueling it out at the Roadblock after all those miles was just perfect. BJ & Tyler always said it would come down to brains and it did. The hairiest winners ever. Can't believe we have finished Race 9!

The Race is back on track. More miles, more exotic locations, great challenges-- everything that Race fans love. This year I had time to make it to the Television Without Pity party after the finale. It is always a big night, but this year seemed to have more enthusiasm than ever. In two hours I only made it about 15 feet from the front door. These are people who love the Race with an undying passion. The place was packed with Race alumni and our hard core fans…all part of the extended Race family. A huge thank you to everyone for their continued support, there is no show without you. We will be back in the fall with Race 10, everything you expect and more…and a great new time slot.

In the meantime remember, "The World is Waiting for You!"

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
On the finish line E&J said that canceling the cabs was against the rules but they guess that since they canceled thier own , too , thats why they wern't penalized .
Also on the insider clips Eric tells us that begging for $$ is not allowed in U.S.A. airport terninals , airplanes are ok but not the terminals ........just thought it was interesting to note for future episodes .

the Finish line was fun to watch , lots of clips of the last episode were shown

Finish line
http://video.cgi.cbs.com/vplayer2/play3.pl?type=rm&arena=video&feat=vplayer&adtype=pre&id=22737
http://video.cgi.cbs.com/vplayer2/play3.pl?type=rm&arena=video&feat=vplayer&adtype=pre&id=22738
http://video.cgi.cbs.com/vplayer2/play3.pl?type=rm&arena=video&feat=vplayer&adtype=pre&id=22739

edited for bad grammer  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 10:10:03 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Maybe it's a recent law. Heather/Eve were begging (without penalties) at MIA before they left for Mexico.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Big Papi,  Does Eric and Jeremy's close loss still sting after all these months?

I watched the final episode again and as you know, they would have won if they had only lucked out and switched the flags of Oman and Thailand.

http://www.tarflies.com/gallery2/v/tar09/ep12/QDVD_2532.jpg.html

Offline considerate

• RFF Newbie
I really like this show and have been watching it faithfully. I always wanted to go on a show like that, but never have. Just was happy with my little office at home selling Wholesale travel packages. Who knows one day, I may get to get on there, but right now the money is just to good. :lol:
Coastal Vacations
1-888-242-3892
www.coastalincome.com/anneandlee

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Do what us  " Internet Explorer's " do considerate ! Hang out here with us and race through google and the internet with the Amazing Racers  :woohoo: , we'd love to have you join us !!