Author Topic: Finale ' 5 Continents...10 Countries...And More than 59 thousand Miles! '  (Read 87289 times)

Offline the_headcrusher

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • You flathead!
Just another theory.  Something is bugging my about the taxi's in the pics of BJ/T and E/J running (at what we assume is Red Rocks).  The taxi's seem to be "hanging around".  I'd imagine a taxi driver would take off when the fares were a few feet away not when there a fair distance away from the cab (evident in the pictures).  It may be a task and they told the taxi driver to wait for them...or I could be totally off the mark  :js:

Fly Rust's to a lake to the north
isn't that the same company they used in TAR2?? damn, he must get a lot of business from the production staff.
A good landing is one you can walk away from.  A great landing is one where they can use the plane again.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Rusts is the same service headcrusher
as far as the taxi's maybe TPTB made them wait to sign papers ?

Rock hunting ~

« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 12:46:09 AM by puddin »

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Just another theory.  Something is bugging my about the taxi's in the pics of BJ/T and E/J running (at what we assume is Red Rocks).  The taxi's seem to be "hanging around".  I'd imagine a taxi driver would take off when the fares were a few feet away not when there a fair distance away from the cab (evident in the pictures).  It may be a task and they told the taxi driver to wait for them...or I could be totally off the mark  :js:

Rusts is the same service headcrusher
as far as the taxi's maybe TPTB made them wait to sign papers ?

My first reaction is that the cabbies are very curious about the TV crews and are sticking around a bit to see what happens.  Puddin adds the interesting thought that the cabbies must sign statements that they will not publicize their "trip" and their "fare".

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Let's see if I can put some kind of scenario together for the last time:

Evening of November 28 and Morning of November 29:

Teams leave the pits stop, the Marble Temple in Bangkok, between 11:15PM (Hippies) and 2:30AM (RaYoYo) and head by cab to the Bangkok International Airport to book flights to Tokyo, Japan.  When they arrive in Tokyo they must proceed to Shibuya Crossing one of the busiest pedestrian crossings in the world.  When they arrive here they must scan the hundreds of brightly lit neon signs for a special message that will direct them to the next clue location.

It looks like the Hippies make some kind of error on the way to the airport.  Perhaps they can't find a cab or don't take some other form of trans to the airport, but when they arrive they go to the Thai Airlines ticket counter and find out that they have arrived too late to catch either the Thai flight 0676 leaving at 12:30AM  to Narita airport (NRT) which would have arrived at 7:340AM or the Thai flight 0648 connecting for a flight into downtown Haneda (HND) airport arriving at 11:30AM .  Either flight would have put the Hippies many hours ahead of the others.  But it looks like they have to go to the Japan Airlines (JAL) counter through a deserted Bangkok airport lobby and book space on 8:10AM flight arriving in NRT at 4:15AM.  Or perhaps another flight which arrives earlier.  But in anycase it looks like a typical BUNCH POINT  and all three teams fly together to Tokyo.

Sunset this November day is early at 4:28PM so by the time the teams get to Shibuya Crossing it is now dark but still early as the crossing is full of hurrying pedestrians.  We see the Beach Boys scanning the many signs.  Later and it is darker now we have RaYoYo in the same area and they say that they are behind the other two teams.  Getting into the city from NRT is no easy task and takes several hours to clear custsoms, immigration and get transportation into town (and expensive I might add).  If the teams do land at the closer in airport Haneda they can take a monorail train right into the area they have to reach.

Whatever, the clue on the sign sends them to another nearby location where they will find the clue for the DETOUR:  One task is to pick up mini bikes and messenger bags and deliver a message after riding through the crowded streets.  The second task is to proceed to a spot along Tokyo Bay and get a Palanquin (sedan chair) and deliver a charming maid (cosplay-zoku) to a house where the woman will give them their next clue.  We have the Hippies doing the first task and the Beach Boys doing the second. Tyler still just has his thin shirt on while he and BJ read the clue.  Both teams have left their belongings somewhere, and if the clue tells them to proceed to Hama Rikyo Garden then the Beach Boys must have stopped somewhere and picked up their back packs.

When they arrive at Hama Rikyo Garden the teams find it closed until the morning.  BUNCH POINT number two. 

The next morning, November 30, the sun rises at 6:29AM. Teams perhaps go first to a location in the park (a temple perhaps) and get the next clue which directs them to the statue of a famous Hachiko dog located outside Shibuya railway station.  We have a shot of the Hippies ripping open a clue envelope and it looks like it just shortly after sunrise (Tyler has picked up a light-colored windbreaker during the night).

This clue tells them to find marked cars in the station parking lot and drive themselves to the Five Lakes region near Mt. Fugi.  When they arrive there they must find the Fujiyama Amusement Park where they will find their next clue.  We have shots of the Beach Boys and RaYoYo driving cars in the early morning light along a superhighway heading toward Mt. Fuji.

At Fujiama they receive their next clue.  ROADBLOCK: Who is strong of stomach and keen of eye?  One member of each team (Jeremy, Tyler, and Yolanda) must ride several nervewracking, stomach turning, frightening rides which inclue two different rollar coasters and the Piazza Wheel.  When they are doing these tasks they must spot a TAR sign or flag which will show them the location of their next clue.

This is no easy task, and it looks like the teams all ride all three rides before they spot the TAR sign. We have finally Tyler and Jeremy on the same ride and it looks like they both spot the location.

This clue sends them off to the find a swan on a lake.  This is the location of the next pit stop where the last team MAY be eliminated.

Then it is a race as the Hippies and the Beach Boys drive off toward Lake Yamanaka. On the way it seems that the Hippies speed past the Beach Boys (TPTB, by the way, have reversed the shot of the Hippies passing to make it look like Tyler is driving a left-hand drive car, while in fact he is driving a typical Japanese right hand drive wagon - the number on his license plate are reversed! - just to keep the cars both going in the same direction.)

Arriving atLake Yamanaka the teams spot the swan which in effect is the King Swan Boat, they race down the hill and onto the pier where the swan is berthed. (Both teams have dropped their belongings and Tyler has taken off his windbreaker which he had on during the rollar rides and driving the car)  From the reaction of the Hippies, they seem to have arrived first (high fives and all that jazz) but this may again just be TPTB misdirection.  But it doesn't matter they are close together and will leave on the morrow close together. The estimted arrival time is between 11:05AM and 12:00noon.  RaYoYo arrive last perhaps within the hour, and this being the last nonelimination leg Ray and Yolanda are Philiminated and are left with nothing but the clothes on their backs.

Late November 29 and early November 30. The teams leave the Swan Boat Pier between 11:05PM and 1:00AM and drive themselves to Narita Airport (NRT) where they must book a trip to Anchorage, Alaska most likely with a connection thrugh Seattle.  First, however, RaYoYo must beg for Yen (Ray is even wearing a sign to that effect). Possible flight on might be Northwest No. 8 leaving at 3:05PM and arriving via Seattle at 10:53AM  (Don't forget that when you cross the International Date Line from West to East you repeat the day!) When they arrive in Anchorage they must find Rusts Flying Service and book a flight to some remote lake area.  Perhaps this is a charter flight and teams must sign up and then wait their turn on the morning of December 1. We have a scene of the Hippies and RaYoYo in a small waiting room.  Have the Hippies got on the first charter flight?

When they arrive wherever they find the Clues for an ice-drilling task which all teams must do before they receive their next clue. It looks like the Hippies arrive first, then the Beach Boys and finally RaYoYo. Thankfully, TPTB have provided the teams with warm winter parkas and hats and boots!!! Otherwise we would have two frozen teams and only one teams thawed enough to proceed to the end.

Upon completing this task we have the FINAL DETOUR:  Two tasks: MUSH in which they must harness up a 10 dog dogsled team and drive it (Mush, mush!) over a set distance. Or  SLUSH in which the teams must don snowshoes and slush their way along a set course through deep snow to reach their goal.

The clue here sets them off on their final race to the final finsih line.  They are instruced to get back to Anchorage and fly back to Denver, Colorado and proceed to Clear Creek Park to do a task (that may take special equipment). When competed they are off to Red Rocks where this all started 29 days ago!

It looks like the teams could either leave at 11:10PM on Frontier and arrive at 5:59AM, or United leaving at 11:30PM and arriving at 6:25AM or on Northwest arriving at 8:48AM.

When they arrive in Denver they find cabs to take them to Clear Creek Park.  There is an aerial shot of two cars racing on a highway through snow covered ground.  I can't fit it anywhere in Alaska, so perhaps it is on the way from the new Denver Airport to Golden. When they arrive they find a clue which sends them off to do one last task before they get the clue to the final race to the finish line.  When they arrive at the entrance of Red Rocks, they receive the clue which tells them to race up to the spot they started from.

TPTB have very carefully mixed up who is where and when so it is hard to tell who is arriving first at Red Rocks.  Is it misdirection once again when they show the Hippies celebrating on the race up the hill? Or are RaYoYo who are pictured as last actually in the lead and would be the third African-American couple to win TAR in the last five races?? And then we have the Beach Boys still lugging those huge backpacks along, (why in the world do they want to keep all that stuff if they are going to win a million big ones?) but they seem to be taking their time so do they know that they are way behind? Youse takes your chances and takes your own picks.  I'll Wait until 9:50PM on Wednesday.

Edited to include info tendered from posts below.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 07:50:17 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Great Read ! Thank you so much for putting this together for us Gman !!  :hrt:
Then it is a race as the Hippies and the Beach Boys drive off toward Lake Yamanaka. On the way it seems that the Hippies speed past the Beach Boys (TPTB, by the way, have reversed the shot of the Hippies passing to make it look like Tyler is driving a left-hand drive car, while in fact he is driving a typical Japanese right hand drive wagon - the number on his license plate are reversed! - just to keep the cars both going in the same direction
Good catch Gman !

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Great job, gingernan, on the summary as we know it so far.   :tup:
Just one thing, the palanquin task is surely down by Tokyo Bay, on the south side of Hama Rikyu Garden, as you can see the Rainbow Bridge behind E&J in one of the vidcaps.  Yoyogi Park may be a red herring.   Given all the tasks seen in the Tokyo spoilers, we may never know the correct sequence of events till the show airs.     ???   Once again, good work.   :js:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 11:42:27 AM by Boingo »

Offline becand75

• RFF Not So Newbie
ONE MORE DAY!

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
G'Man,  Thanks for another season's worth of What We Know and What We Don't Know.  I've enjoyed your work over the past several seasons.

One suggestion toward your final effort.  I believe that there is enough evidence that the racers go to Clear Creek Park in Golden, Co. before heading to Red Rocks.

Puddin's vidcap is here http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?topic=8312.msg120145#msg120145

Banzai's post on SusieChapstick's info is here http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?topic=8312.msg120167#msg120167

Item #2 here http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?topic=8312.msg119825#msg119825  could possibly occur at Clear Creek

Also, from Puddin http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?topic=8312.msg120174#msg120174 

Offline dogparent

• RFF Not So Newbie
gingerman - did i miss the shot of them driving?
I just LOVE :hrt: your detailed what we knows!

One thing you might want to change is the airport name here in denver -- Stapleton is now a fun neighborhood, and DIA is the airport. Thanks so much to all of you smart people who get everything figured out each season!  YOU GUYS ROCK  :jam:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Don't recall seeing the TV Guide description of the finale.  I heard there was something about a "traditional ceremony" or something in the Japan leg.  Can you verify this, puddin?  Thanks.   :waves:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 03:11:12 PM by Boingo »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Traditional ceremony may refer to "spot the flag from up high" as from the London Eye in TAR7 or from the Eiffle Tower in TAR1 or from the High Place (Sigiriya) in TAR6.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 03:34:08 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
The final three teams (B.J. and Tyler, Ray and Yolanda, Eric and Jeremy) race from Japan to Alaska and then to the finish line to claim the $1 million first-place prize. Phil Keoghan is the host.

Boingo ?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 03:34:14 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Clues
webclues~
One team is ecstatic when they learn the location of the next detination ,a place they've been to and where they know the language .
Little mistakes can cost big when the finish line is close , and one team wastes a lot of time looking for equipment needed for a challenge .Will this be the difference between first and second place ?
The last two legs of the race are both mentally and physically grueling , which duo will win the million dollars ?

CBS Press ~ 

AFTER TRAVELING TO FIVE CONTINENTS, 10 COUNTRIES AND MORE THAN 59,000 THOUSAND MILES, FIND OUT WHICH TEAM WILL BE THE FIRST TO CROSS THE FINISH LINE AND TAKE HOME THE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE, 
ON THE TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE OF "THE AMAZING RACE 9,"
WEDNESDAY, MAY 17, 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT

"Five Continents…Ten Countries…And More Than Fifty-Nine Thousand Miles" -- After traveling to five continents, 10 countries and more than 59,000 thousand miles, one Team will be the first to cross the Finish Line and take home the one million dollar grand prize, on the two-hour season finale of THE AMAZING RACE 9, Wednesday, May 17 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

As the Teams race through Japan, they quickly learn that little mistakes can cost big time when there are only three teams left and the finish line is within reach.  The last two legs of the Race around the world prove both mentally and physically grueling and it is a tight contest until the very end.     

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
OK, thanks anyway.  I must be getting a little punchy after such an exciting race.     :box:

Never mind...carry on as if nothing happened.    ;D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I don't think I can even sleep tonight Boingo  :jumpy:

still keeping my fingers crossed for Yahoo video sneek peek OR ( found this today , HotList you can watch the Dawin inside clips , same as the ones Yahoo had ) TvGuide !
see tvguide has " Whats on Tonight " down on the left of the homepage and with some luck we just might get one last clip , but I wouldn't hold my breath .

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Puddin, here's some Silly Japan Stuff to enjoy while waiting for the TAR finale.

:lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Thanks Boingo  :hearts:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I'll have to go back and check the Sicily video, but I think this cap from the promo is recycled: Ray is driving on the left side, and that looks like an Italian flag on the route info card.
(Puddin, any solution to the recital/finale conflict?)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

(Puddin, any solution to the recital/finale conflict?)

I'm paying my 12yr old to act really sick ( she does have a cold ) , plus all the Easter Candy she can eat along with staying in bed all day in her PJ's playing PSP & watching cartoons all day ! :hfive: , she's thrilled and mad at her teacher anyway , she told them that they suck and took away their fieldtrip to Dorney Park ..revenge of the NERDS  :lol: !
Am I going to burn in hell for this :sera: ?

:jumpy: I'll be here !!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It's not hooky if she's actually sick (it's in the RFF rulebook...somewhere :lol:).
fieldtrip to Dorney Park
More swan boats, they're everywhere!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
OK so I'm bad , to make up for me guilty conscience I'll have to take the girls to Dorney this spring  :lol:, really I will make plans !

checked all my resources , nothing up on TVGuide or Yahoo , not even AOL my last hope , maybe tomorrow things will look up  :tup:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
In addition to the range map that Boingo posted, I found two other nearby sites for muskoxen: the Alaska Zoo (Anchorage) and the Muskox Farm in Palmer, about 45 miles away. I know it's not much to go on, but compare two things: the fencing and the size of the animal (just a stot--it's shorter than the fence).

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
from Blows http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID37/1358.shtml

they say it's glenn highway just about past Eagle River
musk oxen in Palmer

Independence Mine ???

Rusts bought K2 Aviation 2 years ago which is based in Talkeetna.

could be the 2nd detour option (banzai's thought: he does look like a demonstrator)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 07:39:47 AM by banzai »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
find something that matches whatever in Jeremy's hand?

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Am I going to burn in hell for this :sera: ?

Of course not! Sounds like a win-win situation to me!!  :tup:

I can't believe I dreamed about the finale last night. I dreamed that I somehow I didn't see the end of the show and had no idea who won!!! :gaah:
Panic set in so I, along with other TAR fans walked down the street in search of answers. We ended up at a house and met Puddin and another TAR fanatic unknown to me. No one knew who won because of some network tehnical difficulty. :meow: So we went to the computer and looked at the RFF pick'em game to see the scores and it was a shocker! 98% had picked BJ and Tyler to win but had 0 points. Here is my crazy nightmare finishes:

1st - E/J
2nd - RaYo
3rd - BJ/T
 :bedbug: