Author Topic: Finale ' 5 Continents...10 Countries...And More than 59 thousand Miles! '  (Read 87575 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Keeping my fingers crossed that Yahoo gives us one more sneak peek tomorrow !
I don't know Boingo , I thought the dogsled would be the Roadblock but we do need another detour choice so yeah maybe the dogsled is the other choice but no matter we see all teams doing the ice fishing . Could it be the ice-fishing is just a cruel thing that all teams have to do to get a clue  :umn: ?

fwiw ~

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I'm just catching up. Someone posted earlier that on the rollercoaster Jeremy is saying "how can you READ anything up here" so I guess a glue is printed large on top of something below them.

I'm a little worried about what BJ/T are saying while running in Clear Creak Park. Tyler yells out "BJ we can win this". Seems to me that anytime a team says things like that and "we're still in it" they are never in the lead but trying to pull up the rear and trying to encourage their teammate. They usually spot another team when they say this.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
The problem with the promo are the voiceovers , both teams backs are to us so we can't be sure when & where  the voices are taking place  :(

Eric : Hope the hip hippies are ready for a race ...
BJT running .......: BJ ,We could win this !!

Did anyone figure out this one yet?
?? BJT or E/J ? ? ......coming  for you Philllllllllllllll ( cant make it out ? my close caption didnt pick it up )

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Just cleaning up my folders, dumping some pictures of where E&J are standing.

I believe the frat boys have just taken the Tokyo Monorail from Haneda Airport to the Hamamatsucho Station (end of the line).

That appears to be the new Conrad Hotel (Tokyo Shiodome building) in the Shiodome district behind him, a short walk from the station.  South of the buildings is the Hama Rikyu Garden. I believe Chateau said his friend translated the sign as saying the park was closed.

He is standing near the only entrance to Hama Rikyu Gardens.

This would place them very close to Tokyo Bay, the sedan chairs (palanquin) task somewhere near Takeshiba Pier (with a nice view of Rainbow Bridge).

Sorry, can't get any more precise than that.    ;D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 05:16:14 PM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I have stuff in my folders too Boingo  :waves:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Ok I went back a few pages and maybe I missed it , did someone or could someone post a mappy of the distance from
ClearCreek park to the Red Rocks amphitheatre ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
with Slowhatchs kmz thingy I found it on Google maps , still I dont know how to do distance  :(

Offline dogparent

• RFF Not So Newbie
1: Start out going NORTHEAST on 12TH ST toward WASHINGTON AVE. <0.1 miles Map

2: Turn RIGHT onto WASHINGTON AVE. 0.4 miles Map

3: Turn RIGHT onto 19TH ST. 0.5 miles Map

4: Turn LEFT onto US-6 E / W 6TH AVE. 1.3 miles Map

5: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto HERITAGE RD. 0.9 miles Map

6: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto W COLFAX AVE / I-70 BL W / US-40 W. Continue to follow I-70 BL W. 1.3 miles Map

7: I-70 BL W becomes CO-26 E. 1.3 miles Map

8: Turn RIGHT onto W ALAMEDA PKWY. 0.3 miles Map

9: End at Red Rocks Park
W Alameda Pky, Golden, CO 80401, US 

6.28 miles or 12 minutes

Offline dogparent

• RFF Not So Newbie
Thanks to Mapquest for the above! lol

Depending on how slushy the roads up there were that day, maybe closer to 15 minutes.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
  :waves: thanks dogparent ,I am map hadicapped  :-[

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Throwing this in fwiw:
The viewpoint in the park cap (river on their left, Castle Rock on their right), has the team traveling east on foot through the park (GE viewpoint and kmz attached).

any chance of getting a time of day on this ?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 04:00:55 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Nope
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I didn't think so Chateau , thanks for trying !

more digging ~~

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Now that my folders are all cleaned out, just cleaning up a few loose ends, puddin.   :waves:

Since we know about the frat boys and Hama Rikyu Garden in Shiodome, the following vidcaps can now be correctly filed as:

Frat boys running toward Hama Rikyu Garden entrance. (Note: elevated road on left, gardens on right).

Frat boy standing near Hama Rikyu Garden entrance.

Same as above.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 08:08:29 PM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
thanks Boingo  :js:

I know I know ....but I found it so .....

Marc Vladimir Boor
775 South York St.
Denver, CO 80209
Phone: 303-668-7143
Phone: 303-722-1421
Email: marc_boor@yahoo.com

Highly experienced, hard-working, dependable, and knowledgeable P.A.

Credits include over 100 Commercial Spots (Qwest, Honda, Nissan, Coors, Sonic, Fat Tire); Features ("Catch and Release", "Silver City", "Laramie Project", "Ichabod"); Reality Television ("Amazing Race","Filthy Rich: Cattle Drive").

Experienced in Art Department/Set Dec/Props, as well as Still Photographer.

Complete resume and list of references available upon request. Willing to travel the globe.

J.R. Meyer 
7925 Westview Drive
Lakewood, CO 80214
Phone: 303-910-8910
Email: bgrnfkr@yahoo.com

Art Department /Props,FX, P.A.
Colorado Credits: Natl. Board of Realtors, (Original
Films), NBC Olympics, (Moving Parts), Dunkin Donuts, (Original Films), Adelphia Cable (HKM) Amazing Race (Viacom), G.M. (Plum Productions)
L.A. Credits: McDonalds, (Biscuit), Dentyne, (Harvest), Chevy, G.M.(Plum Productions), Boniva
(Cohn & Company) And 1 Athletics (Partizan Entertainment), Saab, (Original Films)
Experience with: Skiing, snow grooming, horses, guns, tools & trucks and much more.

http://www.cprgonline.com/guide.php/id/672

Offline bethgio33

• RFF Jr. Member
I don't know if this helps, but as far as a time, didn't someone say it snowed that morning in Denver and it's not snowing in the pic, if anyone knows how long it snowed on that day, maybe that would give us a round about time.  I know, it's a long shot...

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I've been trying to tag the swan ferry with a name, without much luck. This photo is the most detailed I could find. The English is almost readable, but not quite; I've been trying to decipher the katakana. Some of the symbols are similar to those on the building behind the Hippies in the jetty cap, so that building might be the ticket office. The first word might be Pu-ri-n-su "prince," but I'm not sure. This webpage describes the boat as a hovercraft, which seems...unlikely. Also, I came across the Yamanakako home page while surfing. There's no English page, which makes the interactive map useless (to me), and the webcam is no help, but it least it has some neat wallpaper.

Offline bethgio33

• RFF Jr. Member
try this slowhatch, to change the page to english

http://babelfish.altavista.com

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I've been trying to tag the swan ferry with a name, without much luck. This photo is the most detailed I could find. The English is almost readable, but not quite; I've been trying to decipher the katakana. Some of the symbols are similar to those on the building behind the Hippies in the jetty cap, so that building might be the ticket office. The first word might be Pu-ri-n-su "prince," but I'm not sure. This webpage describes the boat as a hovercraft, which seems...unlikely. Also, I came across the Yamanakako home page while surfing. There's no English page, which makes the interactive map useless (to me), and the webcam is no help, but it least it has some neat wallpaper.

This photo I snatched from Webshots titled it as King Swan. Not sure if that is the actual name or the picture taker just named it that.

"King Swan
Dear God. It even has a crown. I was considering to buy a ferry ride on but just couldnt do it."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I didn't see the crown before ! lol
I don't where banzai is but he uploaded the TV promo here ,thank you advance banzai!!
http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=447144

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The first word might be Pu-ri-n-su "prince

Yep, "prince" it is.  I see the second part as "o-te-ra-to"  (oterato) or "o-de-ra-to" (oderato)  :-\

But why use katakana.  Couldn't they just use kanji to write "king swan".   :groan:

« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 10:37:30 PM by Boingo »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Is it possible that a Detour starts at Hachiko: carry a maid/carry a message? The Hippies read something twice, the first at Hachiko and the second time BJ still has his helmet on. I don't see any bike caps of E/J (or maybe I missed them). I've found a few messenger companies: Cyclex, Sokuhai, Courier Tokyo and By-Q (By-Q, Bike  :groan:), but I think it's a dead end; no self-respecting messenger would be caught riding one of those collapsing bikes  :pedaler:. The writing on the bike bag might help, but once again it's too small.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Been googling "takkyubin" (which loosely translates to "door-to-door-delivery-service"), but I get tons of hits for "Kiki's Delivery Service", an anime cartoon.      :lol3:

I think the second shot of BJ reading a clue in a bike helmet is after they completed their delivery task.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 11:14:10 PM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I've been practicing google earth  :-\

lets just say this is practice because I don't know what else to look for  :innocent:

from this site Road to the amphitheater/ west Alameda Pkwy