Author Topic: Finale ' 5 Continents...10 Countries...And More than 59 thousand Miles! '  (Read 87406 times)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Chateau, Slowhatch, Boingo and all of the others - You guys have made this season a blast for me!
:werock:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Throwing this in fwiw:
The viewpoint in the park cap (river on their left, Castle Rock on their right), has the team traveling east on foot through the park (GE viewpoint and kmz attached).

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
there's a watch behind Jeremy. I think it's 6:15AM or 9:30AM. I'll go with 9:30AM. 6:15 is too early.

edit:
according to this page, sunrise is around 6:32AM
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=248&obj=sun&month=12&year=2005&day=1
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 10:34:17 PM by banzai »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
isn't this the frat boys running towards the ferry like bj & tyler?  Maybe that's why bj & tyler are  :hfive:
because they beat them to the ferry?  Just a thought...any comments?   or did someone aleady notice this?

Jeremy and Tyler are together in the Roadblock. So maybe after the Roadblock, they'll foot race to the mat.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Eric and Tyler are reading something. hmm ???

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
maybe instead of one of the last clues reading head to the finishline this is it go go go, it reads head to the finish to recive your next clue outside whatever entrance where the final challange happens. then the final clue saids run to phil go go go. maybe eric and tyler are reading the instructions? ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
There has to be something right in front of our eyes thats we're  missing ...we will be like DOH why didn't we think of that .
What are the possibilities ? What could the final task be ? God forbid a puzzle board of some sort  :groan:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
its a theme to it like in tar3 with the final roadblock or season6 with the olypic theme. whats the theme of this season? ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
stadiums !? theatres ! ?

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
What a hoot that the Swan Ferry was identified as the pit stop in Japan! :jumpy: They probably have to peddle the small swan boats out to the waiting King Swan ferry on the water. At least if a teams boat is slower than other it's their own fault. I'm still p/oed that the Linzes got a slower boat last season and missed out on 1st place.

FWIW, the high-five shot should be on November 30th. Tasks in Lopburi were on Nov 28th so teams won't be leaving Bangkok until after midnight and traveling on the 29th. Teams are in Tokyo that evening and the Mt. Fuji area portion is the next day (Nov. 30th.)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I've looked all over the official photos but I couldn't find a match; if it's just a frozen fishing lake I'm not going to try--there are just too many of them. They might be taking off from Talkeetna, but it might also be the Lake Hood Seaplane base, next to Anchorage International, where Rustair parks their planes (open the kmz below and look for the red planes). Both K2 and Rustair are family businesses (see the video at the bottom of this page), but according to this listing Rustair owns all the planes (including the N121KT seen in the cap).

Offline sakura

• RFF Newbie
its a theme to it like in tar3 with the final roadblock or season6 with the olypic theme. whats the theme of this season? ???

Sadly, the theme I keep seeing throughout this season is SEARCHING!   :groan:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Agree that the Ray/Yolanda shot in the car (in Preview #1 and also in Preview #3 is recycled. The Italian flag is on the clue. (Unless they go back to Italy... :-\)

The Eric/Jeremy task seems to be 'delivering' a geisha to the older lady (forgot the term :groan:) who gives them the next clue.

Could you spot a swan ferry from a lake in the theme park? It seems like teams have to take as many rides as possible to spot SOMETHING from the air?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 02:18:53 AM by Neobie »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
the older lady (forgot the term)
This article describes an older "mother" (oka-san) that runs a house; but the Wiki article states that geishas are hired out of the union hall. Actually, I hope the producers hired actresses instead of geishas; I've never been to Japan but I understand that real geishas are horribly expensive.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
If we assume they're driving and that Fujikyu comes before Yamanaka, then the Fujiyoshida portal gives directions:
Take the Chuo Expressway. At the Otsuki Interchange, head toward the Kawaguchiko Interchange. This interchange is conveniently located on Rt. 139 near Fujikyu Highland Amusement Park.
Could you spot a swan ferry from a lake in the theme park?
This map puts the distance between Fujikyu and Yamanaka at about 10km, so maybe...

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
A frined of mine (born in Japan) says this sign reads something to the effect

"today (or at this time) the park (or zoo) is closed"

She is pretty sure it is in Tokyo as opposed to the Five Lakes district.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
I also had her listen to the Japanese tollbooth guy speaking to Ray (this was by telephone so she was not able to see the clip) and she said essentially the same thing Ray did!

Say What?

:funny:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
too funny Chateau  :lol: !!

Love the idea that the Roadblockers have to find the Swan Ferry from on top of the rides ,if it were me? I'd have my eyes shut tight the whole time ! No way you'd get me on those rides  :o

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
This seems to fit with the classic search from on high task that is uauslly in the later stages of the race.  An yeah this one looks like a keeper.  Though nowhere near as high as the tower in Seasons 2 or 8.  THe intense motion  of the rides is certainly going to get to some people (if not most) before htey spot the ship.  Hope they have buckets nearby.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
For the perpetually bored, here's a Live View of Mt. Fuji.  Like watching paint dry.    ;)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 10:50:20 AM by Boingo »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
How's this for a weird connection of the day.  Appears that "French Maid" outfits are all the rage for the Cosplay (Cos-play-zoku) crowd in Japan.  This might explain why E&J are carrying a girl dressed as a French Maid in the sedan chair.  Now for the twist, just so happens the Cosplay crowd hang out at Yoyogi Park by the Harajuku Station (near Shibuya-ku).  This is getting weird.   :-\   :snicker:   Not sure it means anything, though.   ;)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
After learning that another word for "sedan chair" is "palanquin", I stumbled across a bit of weird Japan/US history.  This may also tie in with the maid outfit in a strange way.  As this is TARs first landing in Japan, could the producers be twisted enough to include some historical scenes from Admiral Perry's arrival in Japan?   It all revolves around the tale of "Tojin Okichi".  Weird isn't the word for it.   :o

I'll leave it to you to decide if this fits in.

http://www.japanwelcomesyou.com/cssweb/display.cfm?sid=1218

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
If it helps any, I found two types of palanquin: the norimono, used for the upper-class (resembles the cap); and the air-conditioned kago, for people like me.

Offline dogparent

• RFF Not So Newbie
Do we think that the final task is inside Red Rocks Amphitheater (like looking under stadium seats)? The only reason i think it's not is there aren't really "seats" in Red Rocks -- just long concrete things to sit on which would make clue concealment hard.

There is rock climbing in Red Rocks Park-- but they've kind of already done that earlier in the show. I'm puzzled -- Ray & Yo running up to the lower right entrance -- but the frats / BJT cab LOOKS like they went up to the top circle lot by the finish mat and it looked like that was where the clue box was.  >:( GRRRRRRRR must.know.more.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
FWIW, Karchita at RTVW board posted this spoiler about Alaska sighting.

It seems pretty certain they go north from Anchorage, and one way the pieces would fit is something like this:

Arrive in Anch.

Fly Rust's to a lake to the north, like Nancy Lake or Big Lake. The detour is to chose between whatever they do on the lake - bore a hole throught the ice and go ice fishing? or maybe drive a dog sled across the lake. They often set up choices between a searching task (sorta like ice fishing) that depends on luck for how fast you can do it and something that may be quicker but harder, like trying to get a dozen dogs to do what you want them to do (believe me, not easy). So that makes some sense for detour options.

Next, get in a car and drive south to the Roadblock, on the way back to Anchorage. That could be something with the musk ox or at Indepedent Mine. That fits with the shots from around Palmer that you saw and also fits with the filming spoiler, which I had not heard before.