Author Topic: Finale ' 5 Continents...10 Countries...And More than 59 thousand Miles! '  (Read 87279 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Thanks to Banzai's clear vidcaps   :tup:, it appears that BJ&T are standing on a jetty in Lake Yamanaka near Fuji-san.

The small bump on the side and the distinctive ridge at the top seem to match the vidcap.

I'll help you look for those buildings in the pics where they are running towards the docks in a bit Boingo !!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 04:15:28 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Nice job Boingo.  I had it at that other lake on the condition that it was inversed.  But the high five reveals that it is not inversed (watch on left wrist).  I was also depending on little bumps that come and go with Google Earths topography viewer.  Your picture makes it much clearer.  So Yamanaka it is.  I will come back with a new time for it later on. 
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Swan boats?   :snics:  Nice, puddin.   :funny:   This might help in finding the actual location.  Not sure if this is the actual dock/pier/jetty, but it's a start.

Offline taracar

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
The shots of Ray & Yolanda as the Fighting Daters looks like a recycled shot from earlier in the race.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Just lightened up Banzai's pix of BJ&T on dock/pier/jetty.  See some distinctive features.  Oh yeah, Welcome taracar  :waves:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
This picture was taken between 11:05 am and noon (assumes November 28th)

If you are wondering about the long shadows, solar altitude is only 33 degrees at 12 noon at this time and place.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline bethgio33

• RFF Jr. Member
AWESOM JOB Chateau d If         You rock!!!!    :ron:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Thanks Chateau  :waves: , Hiya taracar and whats wrong with my Swan boats Boingo !?  :meow:  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
just digging around

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
If you thought the swan boats were funny, try googling the swan ferry.  It's darn scarry!   :o   ;D

If anyone is interested you can download a high def aerial photo of Yamanaka Lake at this web site.

I counted well over a dozen piers/docks/jettys on the south side of the lake.  Good luck.    :groan:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 05:46:18 PM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
And theres a big shark one too Boingo  :lol:

lookie ,Swans

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Nice catch, puddin.  But why doesn't google return any hits on "swan boat rental" for Lake Yamanaka?     (:;)    :angel:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I tried that too Boingo GMTA

still digging

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
The more I look at it , are BJT on a Ferry ?
see the rails ( or did ssomeone already say that  :-[ ?)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Puddin, you are so awesome!   :jumpy:

That swan ferry yoou found is where the high five takes place.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
LOL the freaky swan ferry came in handy afterall  :lol:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Good Job!

Offline tarbuckeye

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I Live TAR...Too many days on the Road!
Puddin, et. al.,

I'm a rookie at this but I have some questions about the order of the video clips.

1) EJ at the garden.  I beleive that would be in Japan.  Average temperature in Bangkok in late November is high in the upper 80's F and low in the low 70's F.  In Tokyo, it Could rande from High of 68 F to low in upper 40's.   EJ have on fleeces and stocking caps...So me thinks in Japan.  ???

2) The dog sledding.  Most certainly (IMO) in Alaska.  There are numerous places with inexcess of 20 inches of snow on average by this time of year.  Where in Denver, its 5-8 inches.  In addition, I have seen (Thanks Meatball77 at Sucks) a comment that stated it had just snowed the morning of December 3 in Colorado Springs.  I don't think that the brain trust at TAR would take that risk (no snow for dog sledding).  

Thanks to everyone for all of the clues and spoilers.  You have me hooked. :woohoo:

Offline bethgio33

• RFF Jr. Member
isn't this the frat boys running towards the ferry like bj & tyler?  Maybe that's why bj & tyler are  :hfive:
because they beat them to the ferry?  Just a thought...any comments?   or did someone aleady notice this?

« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 07:48:03 PM by bethgio33 »

Offline bethgio33

• RFF Jr. Member
actually the shadows on the white sign look pretty much the same, could be close timing

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Quote from: Puddin
now someone called the Hachiko dog statue way back when
:-[ It was only a guess I made in December; there wasn't any team photos back then (congrats to Boingo). There's only a few things I remembered from a Travel Channel show about Japan:
  • Shibuya is the busiest pedestrian intersection in the world, and young people use Hachiko as a meeting spot
  • In neighboring Shinjuku (and many other parts of town), people sleep in capsule hotels
  • In the suburb of "Sumo-town" you can bulk up on chanko nabe; it's too bad they've already used wrestling this season, a sumo task would have been great.
I haven't found a shark ferry; will a carp do?  ;D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Ok so its a carp not a shark Slowhatch  :lol:  ( nice to see you back  :hrt: )
and still Slowhatch it was a good call for what little we had to go on at the time !!

If it is Shibuya, I'll make an early (and probably wrong) predictiion: racers get their clue from Hachiko. and Yup Boingo deserves Kudos too  :jam:
The dog sledding.  Most certainly (IMO) in Alaska
and tarbuckeye , my bad I did have the dogsleds in the Denver slot , editing that post is a #%$%#$ to say the least  :tup:
EJ at the garden.  I beleive that would be in Japan

thats why i have the ? , now I'm afraid to move /edit it  :lol:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I haven't found a shark ferry; will a carp do? 

Not bad, but I prefer a ride on the rocket boat with the "tail fins".  Just standing still it looks like it's going 100mph.  Come to think of it, anything looks better with tail fins!
 :snicker:

Offline bethgio33

• RFF Jr. Member
If I had to guess, I think this would be the Odakyu Electric Railway passing by the frats

just throwing things and thoughts out here...

Offline tarbuckeye

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I Live TAR...Too many days on the Road!
Puddin, You're da BomB.  I was just trying to add my meager help.

Chateau, Slowhatch, Boingo and all of the others - You guys have made this season a blast for me! 

Maybe I can become a junior  :gman: next season!

Thanks