Author Topic: Finale ' 5 Continents...10 Countries...And More than 59 thousand Miles! '  (Read 86636 times)

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
Thanks everyone for posting all the pictures and maps, I had a great time reading it all.  I can hardly wait unti next week.  I am happy with the Final 3 and anyone of them can win and it is okay with me.  The Frat boys redeemed themselves with me when they gave BJ the flip flops.  But of course I want the Hippies to win it all as they are so much fun to watch and cheer for.   :jumpy:

Offline amandacut

• RFF Not So Newbie
It says at the TAR9 CBS website that one team knows the language of the place and they're going to Japan right? The hippies know how to speak japanese. I'm really thrilled!!! GO HIPPIES!!!

Offline dogparent

• RFF Not So Newbie
Not that it matters, but, the entrance RAY Yo look to be going up to is the OTHER side of the lower part of the amphitheater -- the left side is skinnier and inconsistently paved. It looks like the cameraman is facing westish as they run up towards him -- the guard rail is on the correct side.

Maybe I'll drive up there on Wednesday in homage to the Race --
Wanna know what really stinks? Every year in the beginning of December they decorate the Astor House and do a Holiday program there -- we went a couple of years ago -- sure wish we would've gone LAST year as it's usually the first couple of days in December!

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
repost so we can see where they started.
do you see which way Phil is facing? hmm ???
old satellite map

« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 10:37:51 AM by banzai »

Offline Tyler1991

• RFF Not So Newbie
Are we sure that pic of Phil on the big mat is the FINISH LINE...I mean they've always used that as the finish line in previous seasons, but none of the other eliminated teams are shown there...And he's not wearing his famous black coat that he always wears.

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
Can anyone help me by identifying which airport BJ & Tyler ran

I am so confused on this picture
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 11:15:57 AM by Evan_Weinstein »
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Can anyone help me by identifying which airport BJ & Tyler ran

http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pudrff900797ry.jpg

I am so confused on this picture

back on page 4 Evan
Neobie wrote :
Yep, it's Bangkok's Don Muang Airport!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Are we sure that pic of Phil on the big mat is the FINISH LINE...I mean they've always used that as the finish line in previous seasons, but none of the other eliminated teams are shown there...And he's not wearing his famous black coat that he always wears.

Maybe they come running out from behind the big rock like a B-Day party and they yell Surprise !!   :angel:

Offline Tyler1991

• RFF Not So Newbie
That would be interesting lol...

Offline becand75

• RFF Not So Newbie

I dont know if anyone noticed the massive amount of footprints on the trail BJ and Tyler are on. Clue or no?

Offline becand75

• RFF Not So Newbie

Found a basic map of Red Rocks Ampitheatre. Shows the basic entrances.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
did we see this clip yet or I'm getting old ? lol

I don't think we saw this yet banzai !! the people do look oriental ? sorta ?

Ya think it may be recycled?  The taxi sign doesn't match Bangkok or Tokyo taxis, but it does look a lot like the taxi sign on this Reykjavik taxi.  Could be from a previous TAR that went to Iceland.       ???
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 12:25:26 PM by Boingo »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Boingo, they didnt use taxi cabs when they went to iceland in season6 they had suv's the entire time.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Boingo, they didnt use taxi cabs when they went to iceland in season6 they had suv's the entire time.

I never said they did, just trying to match the pictures.  BTW, here is a typical taxi sign for a Stuttgart taxi.  Also very similar.  They did use taxis in Germany.  I suspect the signs are common in the EU.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I agree Boingo , the taxi is just to common and yeah the Gemany taxi's had the same sign . Probably like our Elephants ( can't beleive we spent all that time finding them for NOTHING  (:;) ) , just a flash to make us peeps crazy !
Good try though Boingo  :hearts: , whatever you have put it out there because sometimes the little things are the ones that we over look and later say" DANGUMIT ! I saw that but thought nothing of it because I was afraid to say something because I might  look stupid ." It happens all the time , right ? So anyone that thinks they see something or knows something don't be afraid because we don't flame here and all efforts are welcomed as well as appreciated
 :woohoo: Last episode lets go for it !!if you got something put it up !!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
photos uploading here

new task E/J carring something a GIRL ?
http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/rawalsh/TAR9_Promo2/TAR9_%20Finale/Finale/?start=all

VO: Even if you haven't seen the Amazing Race don't miss the season finale
Jeremy ( on ride  ): LETS GET IT AWWNNNN
VO: just 3 teams remain ,the fun loving Hippies
BJT voiceover : put on some pants its time to dance !
** Ray drving daylight**
VO: the fighting daters
Ray : Driving Miss Crazy  :funny:
Yolanda :  you just shut up
VO: and the flirting Frat boys
**E/J carrying whoever **
Eric: this is like a naughty fantasy come true
VO: the clues are everwhere but you have to keep your eyes open to see them
**E/J looking around the plaza ..cam pans to neon building ! **
** Tyler /Jeremy on coaster Looking around !! **
Jeremy: How can you read anything from up here !?
VO: catch the thrill ride of a life time ,the Amazing Race season finale............

« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 03:44:45 PM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :woohoo:  Fresh pix to spoil!

The frat boys may be carrying the sedan chair near Tokyo Bay (Harbor), as that may be the Raibow Bridge in the background.  Need to look into this a bit further to confirm.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
And they have a beautiful oriental girl in the chair dressed in a maid costume , what the heck where TPTB thinking  !?
so this is the other detour , Deliver or River / Courier or CarryHer ..heck I'm not good at this   :lol:

Also on the rides it looks like they have to find the clue(box?) from above where as at the plaza the clue might be in neon on the building .

Ray cracks me up " Driving Miss Crazy " , lol !!

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Tyler and Jeremy are together; maybe Yolanda is late and got mugged in the Japanese leg

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Rainbow Bridge is approx. 4 miles from Shibuya Crossing.  Both are easily accessiible by subway.  Also Haneda Airport (Tokyo Intl. Airport) is close by.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 04:38:32 PM by Boingo »

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
Rainbow bridge? Isn't that where Rainbow Bright lives?
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline the_headcrusher

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • You flathead!
Rainbow bridge huh?? I don't know what E/J would like more the oriental chick or the Rainbow bridge. ;)
A good landing is one you can walk away from.  A great landing is one where they can use the plane again.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
NO the Frats are NOT GAY  :meow:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Got it!   :jumpy: BJ&T are opening a clue envelope directly outside the Shibuya Station, right next to the famous Hachiko dog statue.  Note shiny bench and curlycue thingies behind them.  (The frat boys are seen in other vidcaps,  eyeing the Shibuya buildings as they exit the Shibuya Station.)  Looks like they arrive there by train.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Great find Boingo , now someone called the Hachiko dog statue way back when , I think it was Slowhatch ? speaking of ..where is our Slowhatch !?  :(