Author Topic: Finale ' 5 Continents...10 Countries...And More than 59 thousand Miles! '  (Read 86632 times)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
That's a Musk Ox in the preview vidcap.  The range of the Musk Ox in Alaska is shown below.     :umn:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
webclues~
One team is ecstatic when they learn the location of the next detination ,a place they've been to and where they know the language .
Little mistakes can cost big when the finish line is close , and one team wastes a lot of time looking for equipment needed for a challenge .Will this be the difference between first and second place ?
The last two legs of the race are both mentally and physically grueling , which duo will win the million dollars ?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 09:11:19 AM by puddin »

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
It appears that the snow between BJ/Tyler (running) and the cluebox is less disturbed than in the photo with EJ.

It could be.

There are clear tire tracks going left to right in front of the clue box in Chateau's E&J vidcap.  Even though the camera angle is different, the tire tracks can partially be seen in the B.J. and Tyler vidcap.  So I would think we would be able to see B.J and Tyler's taxi tire tracks in E&J's vidcap if BJ & T arrived first at the clue box since the tires leave such a distinct marking.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
see if this helps

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
^^ headlights are on so I'll say it's early morning. I only turn on the headlights when it's dark.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Awesome vidcaps Puddin.  Thanks.

Now if that's Red Rocks, why would there be a clue box right before the final pit stop?  Maybe a final task in Red Rocks like they did last year in Lewiston, NY?

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I think it's this one Chateau

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
^^ headlights are on so I'll say it's early morning. I only turn on the headlights when it's dark.

That's a strong possibility banzai.  However where I am (Michigan), even in the afternoon, if the weather is gloomy like that, people have their headlights on as well.  

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Now if that's Red Rocks, why would there be a clue box right before the final pit stop?  Maybe a final task in Red Rocks like they did last year in Lewiston, NY?

Maybe so Pedaler ? Eric is reading a clue while running ! First I thought this clue was the ice fishing but......? what do they have to do? run a snowplow  :snicker:  ?

Little mistakes can cost big when the finish line is close , and one team wastes a lot of time looking for equipment needed for a challenge .Will this be the difference between first and second place ?

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
http://www.sunrisesunset.com/calendar.asp?comb_city_info=Denver,%20Colorado;105;39.8;-7;1&month=11&year=2005&time_type=0

sunrise and sunset time in Denver, Colorado. Sunrise is around 7AM and sunset is around 4:36 pm.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
I'm stepping out on this one -- like to go into the finale raw.

:js:

Have fun spoiling! See you when we start tracking down locations for TAR10!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
I think it's this one Chateau

Thanks Banzai! I was looking for snow.

But is that a Google Earth joke?  I saw that peak and thought "Why would there be an active volcano flowing miles of red hot lava without us hearing about it?"  Did I miss the news?

From that spoiler in Anchorage of E&J getting a flight to Denver we concluded that they would be arriving in the early Denver morning.  I have lost track of the details but that's what I remember.  And the Red Rocks website posted that they were closed for a private function that morning (I believe it was Saturday Dec 3rd).

Fuji info
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 10:55:59 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
All of the Red Rocks "clue box" pictures, and RAYYo running look like they are from the southeast "corner entrance" at the bottom of the amphitheater.

Eric is reading a clue while running]

Little mistakes can cost big when the finish line is close , and one team wastes a lot of time looking for equipment needed for a challenge .Will this be the difference between first and second place

Welcome dogparent.  You seem to be very knowledeable of Red Rocks.  Would you have any idea of some task the racers could perform at Red Rocks?  I went to the Red Rocks web site and saw:

Trails

The Trading Post loop hiking trail is 1.4 miles in length, and goes through spectacular rock formations, valleys and a natural meadow. Some of the terrain is rough, so hiking boots/ shoes are recommended. Also, hikers should be prepared for adverse weather conditions as the weather can change very quickly.

The trail is 6,280 feet above sea level, so persons with health conditions may wish to consult a doctor before attempting the hike. If children are joining the hike, provide good supervision, as some areas of the trail are drop-offs, steep grades, and road crossings. The majority of the trail is less than 30 inches wide, and rock climbing is prohibited. The trail closes one-half hour before sunset. Hikers are advised to allow themselves up to two hours to complete the hike.

Is that trail any where near where all three race teams are shown?  Would you need any equipment to hike the trail in the snow?

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member

Ditto puddin. Congrats on the Hippie win.  :jam:

Lights on taxis: most newer cars have "daytime running lights" and you can not turn them off. Tracks in the snow at cluebox: Most likely from the crew that had to put the cluebox there (no monkeys jumping on it there  :monk2: )

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
I have lost track of the details but that's what I remember.  And the Red Rocks website posted that they were closed for a private function that morning (I believe it was Saturday Dec 3rd).

Frontier arrived in Devnver from Anchorage at 5:59 am (scheduled 6:15)
United arrived in Denver from Anchorage at 6:25 am (scheduled 6:34)
NW arrived in Denver from Anchorage at 8:48 am (scheduled 8:11)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
How about this spot at Red Rocks (for the cluebox location and taxi shots).  The satellite image is rather old.  They are just putting in the roads and parking.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 11:11:27 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member

I'm stepping out on this one -- like to go into the finale raw.

:js:

Have fun spoiling! See you when we start tracking down locations for TAR10!

"I'm stepping out on this one -- like to go into the finale raw. "

Me too mwooden. I also want to thank all of the posters here for the excellent work, it is HARD work, and I also want to thank you, mswood, for the strong support you have demonstrated for my son and his racing partner. I may cheat and peek in now and then puddin, but in any case I will see you over yonder. Cheers ALL....may your team (and mine) win.  :jam: :waves:

eta: typo, sorry...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 11:17:30 AM by Big Papi »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
You're right Chateau.
http://www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfile118/Snow-make-up-of-Mt.-Fuji-(image-overlay).htm
Here's the old image from Google Earth Hacks. They switched satellite companies.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
... I also want to thank you, mswood, for the strong support you have demonstrated for my son and his racing partner. I may cheat and peek in now and then puddin, but in any case I will see you over yonder. Cheers ALL....may your team (and mine) win.  :jam: :waves:

WHAT!!! Is Big Papi Eric or Jemery's parent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????

Offline becand75

• RFF Not So Newbie
Hello All - Im new to these forums, so bear with me.

A majority of taxi's in the U.S. today are Ford Crown Victoria's

According to the govt, they are all equipped with daytime running lights, so that gets rid of that rumor. This link shows a 2006, but all models from 1995 to present should be equipped. With a taxis life probably short lived, I dont expect that they do much before 1995.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/NCAP/Cars/3481.html

Look forward to further posts.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
thanks becand75 and welcome to RFF  :jumpy:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Here is my take on these pictures.  Eric and Jeremy arrive in their taxi first (parked right next to the road).  The Hippie's taxi pulls up seconds later, and, in an effort not to block the road, pulls in between the Frat Boys taxi and the clue box.

Offline becand75

• RFF Not So Newbie
I think thats a pretty good observation. Then again, I think that CBS purposely puts clips in there to lead spoilers in a certain direction. I know that they have "mock finishes" for the race making it seem like each of the teams makes it to the finish mat first for commercial purposes.

You guys are doing a great job ripping this video preview apart!

Offline mcalpine9

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
If BJ/T were seconds behind EJ believe me EJ would not be walking- especially with $1million on the line.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
BigPapi  ;) and mwooden  , no problem :jam:
good stuff guys & gals !!

dont forget the spoiler , they are in Alaska at night so how long does it take to fly to Denver or whatever ? Really I have no idea .

posted on 12/2/05 9:08 pm Giantsfan22
 Okay, I have lurked on this board for a few years and this is my first attempt at a spoiler.
My brother in law works for Alaska Airlines in Anchorage, and about half an hour ago he saw 2 guys go running through the airport with a camera guy and a sound guy following them. The only description I could get out of him was that they were 2 dudes dressed alike in matching gray sweaters and blue Adidas shoes, mid 20's, and they were looking for Northwest Airlines. They spoke to a native Alaska woman in her 50's who also works there and said they were headed to Denver. They went first to Northwest counter, then Continental, then back to Alaska Airlines.

:welcome: becand75