Author Topic: Finale ' 5 Continents...10 Countries...And More than 59 thousand Miles! '  (Read 86378 times)

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Japanese bonsai or Thai hotel garden?
This is the Thailand confession.

edit:
Detour: delivery task

can't read the tags
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 11:26:41 PM by banzai »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
http://www.savefile.com/projects/447144

TV preview is up; cable tv resolution  :woohoo:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
banzai you are the besT !!!!!!!!!

thinking Phil is in this area, up top
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 11:33:15 PM by puddin »

Offline dogparent

• RFF Not So Newbie
All of the Red Rocks "clue box" pictures, and RAYYo running look like they are from the southeast "corner entrance" at the bottom of the amphitheater.

There are two entrances at the bottom of Red Rocks -
Left hand side bottom, (as you face east, looking DOWN at the stage) -- IIRC does NOT have heaps of handrails up the side like RAY & Yo are near.

Right hand side bottom is typically where the band buses / equipment and stuff gets offloaded. Also, when you go "backstage" It's through the right hand side -- the wheelchair access ramps, IIRC are on the right. The left has some sharp steps up and I think there is a sign that says no wheelchair access as they don't have an ADA compliant "ramp" on that side. That looks like Ray and Yo entrance point.

The amphitheater is situated between two big rocks -- I think they are called Creation Rock and Ship Rock. If you go to the redrocksonline site, they have a little video, and maybe someone smart can tell if, when they get to the "keep it pure" picture at the end, if the big rock piece you see jutting up and taking most of the pic could be the one behind E/J and BJ & Tyler -- if so -- the tallest part is at the top of the amphitheater, the parking area is called the Top Circle lot --
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 11:36:16 PM by dogparent »

Offline dogparent

• RFF Not So Newbie
The above photos are taken at the top of the amphitheater -- so it looks to me like RayYo got dropped off in the lower right hand corner, near the stage --
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 11:35:08 PM by dogparent »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
somebody said RayYo got mugged; sign says "Yen". That's Japanese alright.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I think the flight BJ/Tyler can't get on is in Bangkok's airport.

You can see some Thai near my red arrow

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
No surprise here, but the street scenes at night appear to be at Shibuya Crossing in Tokyo, thanks to Neobie's detective work 10 weeks ago.   :jumpy:

I always like to find a picture on the web that matches the vidcap.   ;D

ETA: Wonder if the teams are looking for the famous Hachiko (dog statue) at Shibuya.     ???

« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 12:00:35 AM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
new vidcaps thanks to banzai's video's (here)

lol , i uploaded the old pictures by accident ! DANG  :lol:
 :waves: Boingo !!

Fixed !! Nice clear vidcaps here
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 12:35:47 AM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  :waves: Boingo !!

:waves: puddin !!!

Just thought I'd better get some spoiling in before the finale next week.   Not that there's much left to spoil.   :snicker:   

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
We have so much to work with Boingo ...we need to find the winners  :jumpy:

Offline the_headcrusher

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • You flathead!
This probably has no significance but it's about the difference in E/J's confessional background (Japan?)  Anyway when it came to the finale for TAR8 didn't the Weaver's have an obvious different background than everyone else (kind of like E/J now)?  like I said this probably has no significance but I thought i'd just point it out.
A good landing is one you can walk away from.  A great landing is one where they can use the plane again.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We have so much to work with Boingo ...we need to find the winners

:groan:  Oh yeah, that too.

Just for laughs, I found a picture on the web of that store behind Ray & Yolanda at Shibuya Crossing.  It's some kind of "fragrance store".   

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
It looks like Ray has to go begging.

Here is the Yen? sign from the preview.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Quick, someone stop me, I can't resist matching the vidcaps to web pictures of Shibuya....    :lol:

Here's what the vidcap looks like in detail (at dusk).  It's a view (from the Starbucks) of a large building near Shibuya Station.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 01:28:06 AM by Boingo »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Here is the taxi behind BJ&T.  Unfortunately my pseudo-HD recording got cut off halfway through the show so this is from the regular antenna recording I make on a separate DVR.  The HD was better, really! But gone now.

And also the one behind E&J.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 01:23:57 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
And the clueboxes

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Wow banzai  !! As suspected RaYo get mugged ,what a find !!
Having fun Boingo  :lol: ?
my eyes hurt and my pc is dragging ..have fun  :waves:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 07:56:27 PM by puddin »

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
Honest at this point I don't care who wins , as long as  Moanica did not  ! I love all these teams ...best final 3 evah

For real!  After nine seasons, I still never thought that there would ever be a point on the race in which the most unpopular team went out in 4th-place!

BTW, thanks for the vidcaps (for the finale, all season, and all of 2005-2006) as well as everything else.  I really appreciate it.

As for R/Y getting mugged, if they don't win, that would suck, but it was only a matter of time before a team who got mugged before the final leg would suffer from not being able to win (although I doubt that's the reason that they'd lose if they lose).

Given all the clueboxes, so close to the Finish Mat, it looks like they're doing that bonus game for the runners-up.  Just my opinion, based on the multiple clueboxes near R/Y.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
If this hapened first (and I hope it did)

then

this E&J cluebox shot should have a mark as indicated.

It doesn't   :'(

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
It's a sure thing Ray & Yolanda get mugged because we see BJ&T running at the same time as E&J to what has to be the mat at the end of a dock in one of the five lakes at Mt Fuji.  I may be able to get a time on it but so far I can even find Mt Fuji in Google Earth!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
And some feet:

(I don't see anthing conclusive here, no wet shoe prints)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 02:05:36 AM by Chateau d If »

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Yep, it's Bangkok's Don Muang Airport! (For those searching, remember that Bangkok now has a new airport, which was not open when the teams raced there.) The counter advertises the (relatively new, since 1 May 2005) Bangkok-New York non-stop flight.

As sound as I heard the Hippies could not get on a full flight,  I immediatedly thought it had to be in Bangkok.  Catching that flight probable could have given the Hippies and insurmountable lead.  The producers are probably glad that did not happen and the 3 teams could bunch up on their way to Japan.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
FWIW, BJ&T are drilling some ice fishing holes on a frozen lake (probably in Alaska).     :-\

Offline mcalpine9

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
It appears that the snow between BJ/Tyler (running) and the cluebox is less disturbed than in the photo with EJ.