Author Topic: Finale ' 5 Continents...10 Countries...And More than 59 thousand Miles! '  (Read 86383 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
May 17, 2006: 5 Continents...10 Countries...And More than 59 thousand Miles! 

The final three teams race to the finish line. Phil Keoghan is the host.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 10:43:08 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Japan

Mt Fuji /Japan( thanks to Neobie @ RTW)

Shibuya Crossing, Tokyo ( thanks to Neobie @ RTW)

:bar:
Alaska

Rusts Flying Service , Alaska ( found by Kogs )

:bar:
]

posted on 12/2/05 9:08 pm Giantsfan22
 Okay, I have lurked on this board for a few years and this is my first attempt at a spoiler.
My brother in law works for Alaska Airlines in Anchorage, and about half an hour ago he saw 2 guys go running through the airport with a camera guy and a sound guy following them. The only description I could get out of him was that they were 2 dudes dressed alike in matching gray sweaters and blue Adidas shoes, mid 20's, and they were looking for Northwest Airlines. They spoke to a native Alaska woman in her 50's who also works there and said they were headed to Denver. They went first to Northwest counter, then Continental, then back to Alaska Airlines.
Update

Giantsfan22

Hi all, I'm the person that had the info on the alaska sighting a while ago. Got some more info from my brother in law who finally watched his tapes of the show this morning, he is pretty sure the guys he saw at the airport were the hippie dudes. I laughed, because all this time I had been assuming by his original description that it was the frat boys. I said "You told me they were young and good looking", and he said, "well, they are",  ..

Giantsfan22

Wow, I'm accused of messing with you guys, I finally feel like I'm part of the club, woo hoo!
Okay, the "young and good looking" quote actually came from a conversation I had with my sister, she said that's what he said that the lady who was talking to them said about them.
(sounds confusing, I know, welcome to my family)
I just talked to him again, I asked if he was sure it was the hippie dudes, he said he saw them mostly from behind, he was really busy at the time, but he's pretty sure it was them. He is going to ask the lady that talked to them tomorrow about them if he remembers. I will let you guys know what he says asap. Sorry for the confusion, I actually thought he was referring to the frat boys all along. [/quote]

link   

Dec 3rd , Finish-line spec from TWoP by Dedwards

I did some detective work and called Red Rocks. I should not have bothered, the Red Rocks Online website practicly gives it away and the gal I talked to paused when I mentioned TAR by name. Then just repeated it was closed for a "private function" from 6am to noon.

From the web site.

Amphitheatre to be Closed this Saturday

Due to a private function, the Amphitheatre and Visitor Center will be closed to the public this Saturday morning, December 3, 2005. The Amphitheatre will reopen at approximately Noon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

AquaKitten (Twop's )
Just Tuned In

Dec 5, 2005 @ 5:24 pm Email · Post #4545
To add to the sightings over the last week, Phil was on a flight from Japan to Seattle last Thursday, 12/1. Makes sense from everything else we've heard.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 02:05:13 PM by puddin »

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Over 59,000 miles... they should have circled the Denver airport a few more times and gotten to 60.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
Over 59,000 miles... they should have circled the Denver airport a few more times and gotten to 60.

Seriously.  Heh.  But at least they circled.....the globe!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
While they were at it, they should have visited two more continents.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
Seriously!  How awesome would it be to hear Phil say: "Seven Continents!!!"
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
They've gone to Alaska, can you imagine a pitstop in Antarctica? Cool! I mean COLD!
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Antarctica would rock, and while they're at it, it would be cool to go around the world north to south...

FWIW, I don't know if I buy that update from GiantsFan, unless he saw BOTH E&J and BJT. BJT wearing matching gray sweaters and blue Adidas? Yeah right. E&J wearing matching gray sweaters and blue Adidas? That makes more sense. We've seen the Adidas, and this shot looks like a gray sweater to me... sorry for the grainy image...

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I mean seriously they could do all 7.  I think thats a great idea.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Believe me, Antarctica is COLD; and you would have to do it between December and March which is their summer time.  Really cold and dark most of the rest of the year.  Believe me, been there, done that, have the tee shirt!

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Sure its cold, but they could provide addition gear.  After all after living in Alaska's coldest twon for 4 years, I understand that they wouldn't be carrying enough cold weather gear.

Hell I fI can take 60 below zero without a windchill factor then they can manage to do a leg in Antartica.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
TPTB must provide extra cold weather gear otherwise the hippies are going to freeze their you know what offs on the last leg of this race.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
if they make it there g-man

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
do you know something we don't kogs?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
do you know something we don't kogs?

u know me puddin just throwing a what if out there lol

Offline trails27

• RFF Not So Newbie
This is what will happen on the next episode I think:

1)It will be a non-elimination leg, but Ray and Yolanda will come in last and think they are eliminated but stick around.
2)Monica will start crying big time at one point because Joseph is yelling at her for trying to give advice during a task.
3)26-year old Jeremy will club his best friend 27-year old Eric in the nose hard by accident, and he will have a huge nosebleed.
4)Oh yeah, they will do a bungee jumping stunt of some kind
5)They will also eat some wierd food.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It's K2 aviation http://www.flyk2.com/

K2 Aviation:
907 733 2291
Talkeetna State Airport # 1
Talkeetna, AK 99676, United States

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
tv guide Magazine

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
ummmmmm i dont ever want to see lynnexx on TAR again thank you very much.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Well Lynn & Alex didn't win , at least they have that going for them ...ChipnKim the mediawhores they already won ,
what was the Bro/Sister team Blake & Paige? was it TAR2 ? they would be my choice with of course ROMBERRRRRRRRRR !!!!!! and Kristy & Lena and I could go on and on but wont  B:)

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
tar2 - danny and oswald!!  :hearts:

maybe wally and one of his daughters again?   :jumpy:
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Not to Hijack the thread but this is what i would do.

TAR1
Kevin and Drew
Frank and Margaritta
TAR2
Blake and Paige
TAR3
Ken and Gerard
Derek and Drew
TAR4
Kelly and Jon
TAR5
Colin and Chistie
Linda and Karen
TAR6
Kris and Jon
TAR7
Romber
TAR9
Dani and Danielle (got screwed by the yield)

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
My ASAR

AR1:
Rob and Brennan
Drew and Kevin
Bill and Joe
Nancy and Emily [still in my mind the best Female team]

AR2:
Tara and Will
Danny and Oswald

AR3:
Flo and Zack
Teri and Ian
JV and Hill

AR4:
Kelly and Jon

AR5:
Chip and Kim
Colin and Christie
Mirna and Charla

AR6:
Lori and Bolo
Kris and Jon

AR7:
Romber

AR9:
Bj and Tyler

and *** Lena and Kristy or Danielle and Dani [cleary the two most screwed over team, the DD's would hvae made it to the final five w/o the yield] one of these two will "Amber" it and get on the race. I would give the edge to the most entertaining DD's though and their "hook-up" factor.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Sorry the Dani and Danielle were not good racers.  In my Thread Ranking of Route Completion.  You will see that even from equilized places the best leg this team ever had was 5th.

They sucked at navigating.  And that in and of itself is enough to doom them,  But they also made huge mistakes.  Really at best they should have got one more leg out of the race.  And that leg was an drive yourself leg (it would have killed them).

And while you might argue that hey Ray and Yolanda should have been eliminated without the Yileld (which is true).  But Ray and Yolanda who are also navigationally challenged had their worst leg (time lost while navigating) on this leg.  So even with them being eliminated (ray and Yolanda) they very next leg, was another complicated driving episode and I just can't see this team making it past that leg.

I liked the girls they were fun, but they weren't great competition.

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
Sorry the Dani and Danielle were not good racers.  In my Thread Ranking of Route Completion.  You will see that even from equilized places the best leg this team ever had was 5th.

They sucked at navigating.  And that in and of itself is enough to doom them,  But they also made huge mistakes.  Really at best they should have got one more leg out of the race.  And that leg was an drive yourself leg (it would have killed them).

And while you might argue that hey Ray and Yolanda should have been eliminated without the Yileld (which is true).  But Ray and Yolanda who are also navigationally challenged had their worst leg (time lost while navigating) on this leg.  So even with them being eliminated (ray and Yolanda) they very next leg, was another complicated driving episode and I just can't see this team making it past that leg.

I liked the girls they were fun, but they weren't great competition.

Not like this matters, but considering Ray and Yolanda were just as bad with directions [the girls only messed up badly on one leg with navigation] and Rayo went from last to sixth beating DL i think the DD could have too, i have a strong feeling the DD would have asked for directions once they got to the town something Dave wouldnt do[MORON!] also the Dee wouldnt have got out of a car and ran around like Rayo did that made them fall further behind the leaders and kept them in second to last.  Then next leg BJT and LM got way way lost chances are DD wouldnt have gotten lost or at least might have but wouldnt have waited two hours to ask for directions like BJT did.  I believe Rayo, DL, and LM would have been the order had DD not been yielded then in Aus.  they would be at high risk for elim becuase they wouldnt have been smart enough to call for a cab like MOJO did, it would have been between then and FB for the elim and i wont give the DD any edge cause it could have gone either way.  Funny how Ray and Yolanda eneded in the same place.

I strongly believe this yield could have really taken a potential first femal final three team out of the final three but this is all heindsight.  Funny how i also still think even if the girls had lasted they would have dont any racing with Eric and Jeremy they would have been separate by either time[girls are slower] or just different detours. 

The girls really had it all bad, they had bad luck, bad skills i do feel eventually they would have gotten used to it, but their luck got to them.