Other Great Reality Shows > American Idol

American Idol Retraction

(1/2) > >>

Jeffrey Scott:
I posted a special American Idol retraction on the news page. If you want to see who I have retracted my comments on.
www.realityfanforum.com

Roba and Trevor, this had better be on your podcast! LOL  :waves:

Jeffrey Scott:
April 26, 2006
Exec Producer Reveals 'Idol' Surprises to TVWeek
By Adam Silver
"American Idol" tonight will break from tradition, for the first time naming the two contestants who received the most votes from viewers. Normally, the audience only is told which participants received the fewest votes from viewers.

The show's executive producer, Nigel Lythgoe, announced the change in this week's edition of "Executive Briefing" with TelevisionWeek Publisher Chuck Ross. Mr. Lythgoe said Tuesday's episode this week produced the series' third-highest number of audience votes, trailing the vote total of two finale shows.

"American Idol," currently in its fifth season, has helped propel Fox television network to a first-place tie with ABC among TV viewers age 18 to 49 season to date.

In this week's "Executive Briefing," Mr. Lythgoe revealed who was his favorite contestant of the evening, who had to change songs and what viewers can look forward to next week. http://www.tvweek.com/executiveBriefing.cms

"American Idol" will air on Fox at 9 p.m. (ET) and feature a performance by world-renowned tenor Andrea Bocelli.

RudyRules:

--- Quote ---for the first time naming the two contestants who received the most votes from viewers.
--- End quote ---
  Gee, about time they did that.  I've been wondering why they didn't tell who got the most votes before now!!  ???

Jeffrey Scott:
They don't watn to showcase the two top performers unless it the same two that FOX has slated to win.

RudyRules:
Oy!  I just have a hard time believing the NETWORK is in control of who wins!!  This is AMERICAN Idol, not FOX Idol for petes sake.   :groan:  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version