Author Topic: EP11 Title: I Think This Monkey Likes Me!  (Read 58194 times)

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP11 Title: I Think This Monkey Likes Me!
« Reply #225 on: May 09, 2006, 02:05:49 PM »
If it goes this way, it also means MoJo switches detours -- we see them with the pots and also in the plantation.

Ooooooh, didn't think of that. I'll have to go and re-examine my answers on the game. I feel like I'm back in school with that muliple-multiple choice question on modes of travel. :groan:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #226 on: May 09, 2006, 02:17:25 PM »
It could be the pitstop Sups !! I think it was Perth they showed us the pier of the sailing club.....

And they showed us the Segesta temple pitstop as well.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #227 on: May 10, 2006, 03:19:37 PM »
nothing to add right now just the scoop

AMAZING RACE CASTOFFS: After traveling and competing for weeks around the world, some of the Amazing Race contestants are sure to fall behind. Who will be the next team to watch their million-dollar dream blow up in smoke? Thursday morning, the latest castoff will be in our studio with the inside scoop on what really went wrong.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #228 on: May 10, 2006, 03:24:34 PM »
What IS the deal with Yahoo? Those previews should clear some things up as we all have different takes on this one. My simplified current thought is this, with reasons why in parentheses:

DAY ONE
TEAMS depart Lake Bennett on 11/26
FIRST CLUE: Fly to Bangkok, Thailand and search Wat Hua Lamphong temple for clue (webclue)
TEAMS arrive in Bangkok in the daytime (temple shot in daylight, usually an aprx. match for lighting of teams' arrival)
SECOND CLUE: Proceed to Ayutthaya
TEAMS go to Ayutthaya, do something with elephants
THIRD CLUE: Proceed to Lopburi and find Pra Prang Som Yat temple
TEAMS arrive in Lopburi at night (RaYo in cab, night shots of monkey festival going on)
TEAMS are bunched until the next morning (where teams wait outside gate, Ty & Ray hi-five)

DAY TWO
TEAMS enter temple grounds, find clue
FOURTH CLUE: ROADBLOCK - prepare monkey feast OR FAST FORWARD - eat bugs
BJT, MoJo go to FF, E&J & RaYo get started on roadblock, MoJo return to do roadblock
FIFTH CLUE: Proceed to Ko Kret Island
TEAMS arrive at Ko Kret, get next clue
SIXTH CLUE: DETOUR - something with pots
SEVENTH CLUE: Proceed to pitstop in plantation in Ko Kret (where E/J are held up, MoJo run, etc)

This makes the most sense to me time-wise.

I know its late but I AM BACK!!

Can't see how the teams would arrive in daylight.  I could find only one flight from SYD that would arrive in the daylight: at 6:25AM via MEL on a Quantas/Thai flight leaving SYD at 6:45PM.  Most all other flights arrive in the late evening: 7:25PM, 10:20PM, 10:45PM and 12:50AM.

Also what about those shots at night with the motocabs?  and with Hippies and Yolanda in regular cabs at night (these could be repeat shots).

Fact that the Wat Hau Lamphong is shown in daylight is not significant since locations are often shown without regard to the actual times they are visited.

So it is a confusing situation to say the least.  We do have most of the locations down: Wat Hau Lamphong, Ayutthaya Elephant Karel, Wat Prang Sam Yot in LopBuri, the Pottery Works on KoKret, and the Banana Plantation also on KoKret.  We have some kind of ceremony waiting on the veranda of a building in Ko Kret but what goes on here?  Could be the second part of the Detour; some kind of native ritual or ceremony. If that is so, where is the feast of Insect Delights??

And where is the pit stop in Ko Kret or back in Bangkok?

And one thing for sure - somebody goes home tonight.  Ray and Yolanda?

Too much to decipher right now.  But the good news is I have been on this site for over 30minutes and I am still alive!!

msbuni

« Reply #229 on: May 10, 2006, 03:43:08 PM »

I can't believe no updated videos - what is wrong with them??   :groan:  Oh the anticpation until 7pm tonight......who will go home - who will be in the final 3 - I am feeling like a kid at christmas - who wants to open the packages early (and of course re-wrap them perfectly) but, CBS has hidden the packages!!   :'( 

I guess I will keep watching and waiting for updates for all the detectives to give us the presents.  :hearts:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #230 on: May 10, 2006, 03:49:56 PM »
Too much to decipher right now.  But the good news is I have been on this site for over 30minutes and I am still alive!!
  :lol: good to know Gman ! see I think alot of us were putting to much stock into viewing the Yahoo videos ( how dare they tease us . don't they know we are TAR addicts !? :knuckles: ) .

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #231 on: May 10, 2006, 03:52:51 PM »
Good to know that someone's leaving tonight (although it would've been a nice surprise if TES put nothing only for this to be Philimination).  Last time was a NEL, so it's obvious.  Although I'll likely groan if Phil says "May be eliminated" instead of "Will be eliminated" at the pitstop.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #232 on: May 10, 2006, 03:54:42 PM »
Good to know that someone's leaving tonight (although it would've been a nice surprise if TES put nothing only for this to be Philimination).  Last time was a NEL, so it's obvious.  Although I'll likely groan if Phil says "May be eliminated" instead of "Will be eliminated" at the pitstop.

hes been saying may be eliminated for every leg except 1 and 12 on tar6 and may on every leg of tar7 except1 and this season to

Offline goin back to cali

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #233 on: May 10, 2006, 04:08:18 PM »
So.....are there not any videos out yet of the finale...so that we can tell who gets booted this week?

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #234 on: May 10, 2006, 04:13:02 PM »
So.....are there not any videos out yet of the finale...so that we can tell who gets booted this week?

If only.  :lol:

Offline goin back to cali

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #235 on: May 10, 2006, 04:17:50 PM »
Daggummit!!!!

I can't decide between Mojo and Rayo in my pool....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2006, 04:58:09 PM »
I'd go with RaYo going out tonight  back to cali , the spoiler plus logic ( well my logic ) points to them . And no , no video , I think they realized the webmonkeys were making mistakes ?, but i'm not giving up yet .

:yaya: welcome

Offline bethgio33

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #237 on: May 10, 2006, 05:00:56 PM »
Hey Puddin!  Didn't the nerds say they liked Ray and Yolanda, so do you think they would have been in sequester with them, meaning Ray & Yo get booted tonight?

What's your thoughts?      ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #238 on: May 10, 2006, 05:12:23 PM »
If its RaYo they probably don't even make it to sequester beth , I know Meredith & Gretchen didn't  , they were brought to Florida to stay in a hotel by the pitstop and were really disapointed .

( sorry no spellcheck  :lol: )

its official:
^NN-CBSAM-051106
Below is THE EARLY SHOW Lineup for Thursday, May 11, 2006 as of 6:00PM
Wednesday.

8:38 SEGMENT TEN- AMAZING RACE CASTOFFS: After traveling and competing for
weeks around the world, some of the Amazing Race contestants are sure to fall
behind. Who will be the next team to watch their million-dollar dream blow up
in smoke? Thursday morning, the latest castoff will be in our studio with the
inside scoop on what really went wrong. 

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #239 on: May 10, 2006, 05:18:05 PM »

hes been saying may be eliminated for every leg except 1 and 12 on tar6 and may on every leg of tar7 except1 and this season to

I know they have.  In my opinion, I liked it when he said "Will Be" which made it clear to the racers to give it their all (as well as scared the crap out of them).  I understand that he changed it since people were able to catch onto whenever a leg was elimination or not, but the point I'm trying to make is that the leg before the finale (11th segment) has never been NEL except for Tars 5 & 6, where the previous leg was Elim.  Oh well!  :lol:

It's still all but certain that R/Y go tonight; last year there was nothing on the Bransens (or the Linzes, but the betting spoiler was the perfect clue that they weren't out in 4th) and the Godlewskis were struggling.  It seems that the same may occur tonight.  If not, I guess something big happens to R/Y, if MoJo switch tasks for the Detour that's right before the Pitstop.  I'm guessing they can afford to do so due to something happening to R/Y.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #240 on: May 10, 2006, 05:34:06 PM »
i'm going with rayo as well since both mojo and e/j are shown "in trouble" in the previews and i'm betting the hippies get the delicious ff.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #241 on: May 10, 2006, 06:23:40 PM »
It's still all but certain that R/Y go tonight; last year there was nothing on the Bransens (or the Linzes, but the betting spoiler was the perfect clue that they weren't out in 4th) and the Godlewskis were struggling.  It seems that the same may occur tonight.  If not, I guess something big happens to R/Y, if MoJo switch tasks for the Detour that's right before the Pitstop.  I'm guessing they can afford to do so due to something happening to R/Y.

Thing is it was all but certain that the Bransens were going when the Godlewskis were eliminated.
Also, TAR8 there was a really strong spoiler that Romber kicked the bucket at this point and everyone got BAMBOOZLED!!!

Going from 4 to 3 teams seems to be trickyist to figure out????

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #242 on: May 10, 2006, 06:57:34 PM »
I hope youknowhois eliminated and the spoilers are wrong  :snicker:

Hi cinni      :waves:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #243 on: May 10, 2006, 09:00:46 PM »
The Wat Hua Lamphong temple was switched out for the Marble temple, the elephants went AWOL and we didn't have the second detour. Other than that we all did great!!!  :jumpy:

I'll take a stab at it:
 :yes:- Teams arrive in Bangkok between 9-10:45 p.m. on Sunday Nov. 27th with instructions to find Wat Hua Lamphong Temple.
Teams travel via moto taxi and get clue from (in front of?) temple.
:yes:- Make your way to Prang Sam Yot Temple in LopBuri.
:yes:- Teams travel 2-3 hours to LopBuri and find the temple opens at 8 a.m. - grab some sleep
:yes:- Monday, Nov 28, 8 a.m. teams grab clue: Roadblock - prepare a feast for the monkeys; FF - participate in your own feast
:yes:- BJ/T and RaYo who were seen standing together at the entrance race off for the FF.
:yes:- They both begin but RaYo see BJ/T are not struggling and going very quick so they decide to quit and hurry back to the roadblock.
:yes:- BJ/T complete FF and rush off to pitstop (back to Bangkok?)
:yes:- Eric finishes the roadblock first and receives clue:
Proceed to Ayutthaya - receive clue in Ayutthaya from elephant -
:yes:- travel to KoKret.
- KoKret find cluebox: Detour- tote or toke (just kiddin  )
Maybe the scenes of E/J going up the steps is some ceremonial task and is the other detour? (Note: If this scene is indeed the FF then I owe GMan an apology. Based on the fact that we see BJ/T standing at the Prang Sam Yot temple before opening the FF should be very close to there because the other team that went for it had time to run back and compete with the others at the roadblock.)
Or the detour could be big pots, little pots. In little pots teams must carry X amount of pots from point A to B. In big pots, teams must search through hundreds of pots.
:yes:- After completing the detour, teams receive clue to head to the pitstop in? (Bangkok?)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #244 on: May 10, 2006, 09:40:01 PM »
So much for the "spoiler" with the sure bet info that RaYoYo would be gone tonight!  Yeh, they are going all right..... on a spectacular vacation to Sydney, Crains, Barrier Reef, etc. etc. and getting to stay in Bangkok at a five star hotel tonight while the other teams camp out in some hostel.

The Hippies sure know how to beg.  Did you catch the many wardrobe changes by BJ?  Starts off with black underpants; gets long tights from Yolanda;  gets hippy sort of long shorts; then ends up at the matt with long black pants.  Also note that both get new hats to wear and by the time they reach the pitstop both are carrying loaded shopping bags stuffed with stuff!!  Not bad for a team that started the day with nuttin.

And that info about one team with backpacks running around the airport in Adelaide sure was right on the ball.  Got to be careful about what info is posted on these boards.  But actually most of these rumors start elsewhere and not around here.

Next week should be fun.  Looks like the teams may be paying avisit to Walt Disney World - Japan which is just a short ride from Tokyo center.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #245 on: May 10, 2006, 10:22:21 PM »
Fantastic Sups !!!!!!! mwooden gets kudos too as well as everyone else that helped out !!  :jam: Slowhatch's quick find of KohKret was right on too !!

oh and the poster at Twop's left this  :meow: 

Mugsy
Fanatic

Today @ 9:15 pm
Psych!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #246 on: May 10, 2006, 11:55:26 PM »
Production really makes it easy for teams here:

Phil's watch says 11:32 am for BJ&T's win of the leg.

But then it says 11:17 am in a shot where BJ&T are actually in it so...I guess the 11:17 is more reliable.

Got that!  Maybe the 11:32 is E&J's time.  That clip gets used fro their finish too.

And here is Ray's watch at the finish, looks like 1:28 pm.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 12:28:49 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #247 on: May 11, 2006, 12:39:22 AM »
your a good detective Chateau  :cheer3:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #248 on: May 11, 2006, 01:03:41 AM »
Maybe the timings is Ray purposely change, in order not to miss the pitstop time, some teams from other seasons, forgot to set their alarm clocks, and they got delayed of this mistake.
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #249 on: May 11, 2006, 06:29:42 AM »
Production really makes it easy for teams here:

Phil's watch says 11:32 am for BJ&T's win of the leg.

But then it says 11:17 am in a shot where BJ&T are actually in it so...I guess the 11:17 is more reliable.

Got that!  Maybe the 11:32 is E&J's time.  That clip gets used fro their finish too.

And here is Ray's watch at the finish, looks like 1:28 pm.

When the Hippies were racing to the pit stop, a clock was shown for a few seconds. If I remember correctly, the clock showed about 2:40 pm.  (Hopefully someone will check this for me).  Based on these watches, that clock shot was misleading.  Hmmmm.