Author Topic: EP11 Title: I Think This Monkey Likes Me!  (Read 57745 times)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP11 Title: I Think This Monkey Likes Me!
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2006, 01:08:57 AM »
The previous seasons have already narrowed down the search for us for the temples, since I doubt they will repeat the exact same location. Erawan Shrine most definitely wouldn't be visited again - it was partially destroyed by a mad-man in March 2005 and is undergoing reconstruction.

If TAR is keen on visiting semi-famous temples instead of obscure ones (there are billions more in Bangkok), I'd say Wat Saket (built on an artificial hill and requires a climb up) is a good bet. But could it simply be that TV Guide messed up and the temple is in Lopburi?

On the insects, ITA on the grasshoppers! There's no specific place I can think of that teams can go to though, they're kind of everywhere (mostly street vendors)... Eating monkeys's mostly a Chinese thing, I guess. They half worship monkeys in Lopburi. Eating it in front of the locals would be result in... some problems. (See the Erawan Shrine link for more details.)

Oh, and Puddin's question: Season 2, Episode 7/8.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 01:30:45 AM by Neobie »

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2006, 07:01:53 AM »
Erm, let me see what can i help in that 'INSECT DELIGHT' Fast Forward: as an asian.

I think is either grasshopper, cockroaches, worms, crickets, and many other more.

From the word"Delight" i think what they will be eating will be 2 or more insects, which makes it a delight.

For the temple wise, i am thinking they will be going to a temple near Loburi. As Thailand has more than thousands of temples.
Sorry can't help out with that
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline mcalpine9

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2006, 08:08:53 AM »
An eating challenge, a fast forward, Bangkok - language barriers, crazy transportation, emotional breakdowns - sounds like this might just be the best episode of the series.  :woohoo: Hopefully good enough to bring in an Emmy again.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2006, 09:25:30 AM »
Neobie quote
Oh, and Puddin's question: Season 2, Episode 7/8.
Wowwow ! Awesome Neobie !!

and I'm with Mcalpine ,sounds like a great episode , oh and TRAINS , please let there be trains ........real trains !!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 09:31:34 AM by puddin »

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2006, 10:45:17 AM »
Very, very cool.

I wonder which team has a melt down.  Now if it was mental, it really good be any team.  As for physical, who.  We have no real idea if all four teams are left or its down to three already.  If its four, I would speculate theat its eitehr Monica or BJ.  Again that assumes those two teams are still in.

Physically I can't see Eric and Jeremy having a meltdown or Ray and Yolanda.  Mental yes, physical no.

So that would really surprise me.  It would be intereseting as well

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2006, 12:19:50 PM »
One thing for sure, the teams will not be driving themselves in Bangkok which has some of the worse traffic jams in the entire world.  I remember sitting there in a taxi going no where fast for over an hour!!! (Would have drived FranBerry crazy in no time at all.)  I agree there are just too many temples in Bangkok to be able to isolate one now without more visual help.

FastForward food challenge!  Two teams.  The BeachBums can't.  MO/JO tried one and lost out, would they try again?  That leaves The Hippies and RaYoYo.  The Hippies would try anything; so that leave Yolanda as the question mark?

Anticipate that Ep 10 is an NEL so that leaves four teams to monkey around in Thailand.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2006, 05:32:26 PM »
Lucky break for the team that wins the FF, it will shoot them right to the finale ......I agree Gman , BJT would eat anything .
Meltdown to me ( with no previews ) equals ,Monica ....just guessing for now . She's the queen of meltdowns , or at least thats how shes being edited .

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2006, 10:12:57 PM »
What I still can't understand is what in the world one team (most likely MO/JO) is doing in Adelaide.  There are all kinds of flights from Darwin (DRW) to Bangkok (BKK) which connect through Singapore (SIN) or Sydney (SYD).

If there is a YIELD this week in Ep 10, then I expect to see a FF next week in Bangkok. Don't believe there has ever been a FF after we get to the final 3 with no more eliminations.  This would certainly give one team a super advantage over the other final two teams.   

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2006, 11:09:09 PM »
Onlookers at Adelaide Airport on Sunday wondered what all the fuss was about when a desperate-looking couple attempted to book a capacity Singapore Airlines flight.
They also happened to be young, good-looking Americans carrying only backpacks, with a TV crew filming their every move.
They had boarding passes for a flight to Sydney, and after being told the Singapore Airlines flight was full, they ran back to the domestic terminal (bet they're wishing the new terminal was in operation).
My guess is that the team was stuck on a multi-leg and tried (but failed) to make some time with Singapore Air. SA has only one flight out of town--SQ230--and it leaves at 1205. So, working backwards, I looked for DRW-ADL-SYD-BKK multilegs that arrived in Adelaide before Sunday noon. The only thing I could find (that didn't go through Sydney first) was Qantas 82, leaving Darwin at 0535.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2006, 11:36:15 PM »
Do you think they'd try to fit Ayer's Rock in, which prompts teams to leave from Adelaide? (Trying to add Uluru and Adelaide en route to Bangkok would skyrocket the producers' budget though.)

Trying to connect through Singapore at this time of the year is probably the worst possible idea. It's in the middle of the school holidays for Singapore, and billions of kids and their families are shuttling back and fro Australia during this time of the year. I seriously doubt any team would be able to make it to Singapore through the national carrier.

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2006, 11:01:57 AM »
Let me see what can i can do as i am a Singaporean:

Given the date of that Australia To Thailand route: between 25-29 November 2005, that week is exactly school holidays at that week, cause Singapore kids were given 5 weeks holiday starting from the last week of November to the 2/3 day of Janurary.

I doubt many will will travel from Australia to Singapore, as many of the citizens here will travel from Singapore To Australia and not vice versa.

BTW: neobie are you a singaporean as well.
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2006, 08:06:02 AM »
Am I dreaming or did we hear something about there being 4 teams in the finale?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2006, 09:17:55 AM »
CBS stated the final 3 race to the finish mwooden ( wish it were 4 )

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2006, 09:23:30 AM »
i loved the tar5, and 6 format for finale Elmination hour1 and race to finish with 3 teams hour 2

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2006, 12:03:06 PM »
Not me I actually prefer three teams in the final 3 hours.  I think it would be a nice change to have the elimination in the previous episode and that all the rest just feature the final three teams.

Just to throw off are expectations.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2006, 01:37:36 PM »
I'm in partial agreement with mswood.  The three teams before the finale was great.  No more eliminations, it was all about placement.  But that was before there was mugging by Phil.

Since the mugging, the rest of me agrees with Kogs, because seeing a team lose because they had to waste time they didn't have to beg would be very depressing.  Fortunately, TAR7 finale was exciting and got a pass because Uchenna/Joyce won anyway (too bad it wasn't a double leg like the season that followed it).  Plus, like TAR2, the first half was only 45 minutes I think.

Maybe we'll be down to 3 teams, and have a week in-between the final Philimination and the finale, like for TAR1 & TAR4 (although those were only 1 hour).  Either that, or have the final Philimination next week, but give everyone $1 at the end.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2006, 08:09:58 PM »
untill we get better shots

Phil: on the next episode of the amazing race , teams travel to Thailand and prepare a feast for the monkeys .
** Eric / Jo/ Yolanda/Monkeys  **
Eric: hey... get away from my things ? you little bastards .Oh thats just messed up , do I have to fix that now?
** Jeremy laughing**
** MoJo carrying clay pots **
Phil: and Joseph & Monica break down
** pots falling **
Mo: Oh my Gawd
Jo: what happened ?
Mo: grrrrrrrrrr
Jo: don't Give UPPPP , Come ON ..........!!!!!

Added >>
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 08:39:03 PM by puddin »

Offline bethgio33

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2006, 08:11:56 PM »
 ???
where's that spoiler about the blue adidas shoes?  Now that BJ has no shoes, this is where the blue one's come into play???

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2006, 08:16:40 PM »
The monkeys would be the roadblock? Eric and Yolanda are doing it and Jeremy is watching.

ETA: (oops, that didn't come out right!) :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2006, 08:16:53 PM »
???
where's that spoiler about the blue adidas shoes?  Now that BJ has no shoes, this is where the blue one's come into play???

thats what I'm hoping beth !!!!!!!!!!!  :jumpy: , its on page one of the finale EP title

Offline bethgio33

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2006, 08:17:12 PM »
where are the hippies?  did they use the ff?  or am i just not seeing them?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2006, 08:17:56 PM »
The monkeys would be the roadblock? Eric and Yolanda are doing it and Jeremy is watching.

Agreed. The railing next to Jeremy matches the one next to the temple that Neobie spoiled. So the monkey temple must be the Roadblock.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2006, 08:20:13 PM »

ETA: (oops, that didn't come out right!) :lol:

( sorry Sup, Jo's there too ..it was hard to catch )

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2006, 08:23:45 PM »
not one shot of the Hippies so far !! ( keeping my fingers crossed they win the FF )

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2006, 08:26:24 PM »
Oh Yeah, Hippies get the FF and first place!!!  :woohoo:
I'm doing the happy dance now!! :piano: :Cdance: