Author Topic: EP11 Title: I Think This Monkey Likes Me!  (Read 58186 times)

Offline the_headcrusher

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • You flathead!
Re: EP11 Title: I Think This Monkey Likes Me!
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2006, 07:15:55 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_1#Leg_10_.28Thailand.29  about half way down is a picture of Guidos and Nancy/Emily doing the roadblock.   
A good landing is one you can walk away from.  A great landing is one where they can use the plane again.

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2006, 08:23:48 PM »
Do you guys know of a site to watch this episode, either live or later. I am away, and dont have access to CBS, from where I am.  I do have access to the Internet, and would really like to watch this episode.  If not I will be sure to read Puddins recap. 

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2006, 08:43:21 PM »
The monkey feeding is definitely in the morning.  The sun is way over in the east.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 08:46:41 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2006, 08:51:36 PM »
On the issue of Fast Forward.  

Some of them are set up so that only one person can perform the task at one time.

Those are usually stunt fast forwards.  And I would think safety is the reason.

A lot of fast forwards are go and find something and we have seen multiple teams start this.

Times we have seen more then one team actually competiting for a fast forward.

Season 1 Nancy and Emily versus The Guidos.
Season 2 Sholya and Duyin verus Gary and Dave in vollyball.

But most of the Fast Forwards I have seen, are about finding something or locating something.  And on these we see teams trying at the same time quite often.  An obvious one here is The Twins versus Ken and Gerard in the first episode of the third season.  THe seasons with many FAst Forwards (one almost every leg) had these types.

So yeah it just really depends on the Fast Forward.  Again most anything that is a stunt is going to be one at a time.  Things that are a search are going to be has many as attempt it.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2006, 09:23:04 PM »
So if Alex and Lynn would have also gone for the FF instead of turning around we may have had more than 2 bald racers.  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2006, 09:29:00 PM »
 :funny:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2006, 09:30:36 PM »
oh man i would of loved to see that, shave the head only to have uchenna and joyce beat them. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 09:35:36 PM by Kogs »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #207 on: May 08, 2006, 09:31:53 PM »
I have been more off than on so perhaps this has been addressed:

Have we identified the location of the plantation of sugar palms or some other tropical plants (bananas or papaya perhaps) that we see MO/JO running by (he has yellow clue envelope in hand) both with backpacks.  Another shot is just of JO running toward the camera through the same area on a plank path (shot by a stationary camera so it must be a pre-planned location and not just shot by their own camerateam.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #208 on: May 08, 2006, 09:40:45 PM »
I've been looking for the palms Gman , I'm on page 2301 - 2320 of 10058 photos of Thailand  :-\

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: May 08, 2006, 09:50:26 PM »
I have been more off than on so perhaps this has been addressed:

Have we identified the location of the plantation of sugar palms or some other tropical plants (bananas or papaya perhaps) that we see MO/JO running by (he has yellow clue envelope in hand) both with backpacks.  Another shot is just of JO running toward the camera through the same area on a plank path (shot by a stationary camera so it must be a pre-planned location and not just shot by their own camerateam.

It was discussed a few pages back and thought to be Ko Kret.

Also, I think you're right about the location of that building with the wooden porch. Based on the walkway they come up to it on and the vegetation, I'm wondering if it's at the plantation. Check out the pic of E/J running up the steps of that building vs. the one of Jo running thru the plantation.

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2006, 09:56:56 PM »
I've been looking for the palms Gman , I'm on page 2301 - 2320 of 10058 photos of Thailand  :-\

They're banana plants puddin..

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2006, 10:06:06 PM »
Ko Kret

This wonderful natural haven is filled with small joys waiting to be discovered.
When you land at the pier, turn right and head away from the shops (save those for the afternoon) and wander along the elevated walkway which rings the island. You can spend most of the day on a leisurely walk, or rent bikes if you'd care to, but be sure to poke around as you wander. Beautiful old wooden buildings line both sides of the walkway. Monks in saffron robes stroll in quiet temple courtyards, where animist shrines sit astride soaring trees and Buddhist stupas. Village compounds are often decorated for upcoming festivals. Small, family-run shops are filled with treats and the colorful clutter of old-timey goods that are fast vanishing from modern urban neighborhoods. One home proudly displays dozens of marathon trophies won by a local sports hero.

Eventually the village gives way to emerald swathes of banana and coconut plantations. Stroll around the island and soak up this peaceful respite. You will hardly believe you are on the edge of Bangkok!

Eventually you'll complete the circular walkway and end up back in the village. Here you'll find small stalls selling Thai specialties like fresh fried shrimp cakes, kao chae jasmine scented rice in ice water eaten in combination with delicate savory treats, and lemon grass juice served in ceramic jars that you can take home with you. Speaking of ceramics, Ko Kret is famous for its red earthenware clay pottery, and you will see enormous walk-in kilns used for firing the wide variety of designs on sale. Local potters are happy to welcome you to their studios where you can watch artisans at work. This is a great place to pick up traditional cookware. Other shopping treats include home-made cosmetics and perfumes made by the Mon community.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2006, 10:47:33 PM »
I think its Ko Kret too Sups , just can't find any good pictures

fwiw , i think someone mentioned this ...why is there a camara fixed there to catch the racers if this is a mistake ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #213 on: May 08, 2006, 11:34:36 PM »
 :( no luck

Offline Tank

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #214 on: May 09, 2006, 08:44:42 AM »
I read from some post saying about the bleeding from Eric's nose because of Jeremy. :( Is that true?

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: May 09, 2006, 09:26:00 AM »
The monkey feeding is definitely in the morning.  The sun is way over in the east.

Wonderful Chateau - Thanks! Can you tell how early from the 2 shots of Jeremy and/or Mo against the fence?

If teams are in LopBuri before the 8 a.m. opening (which it appears they are) and they don't arrive in Bangkok until late the evening before, they must travel during the night. The earliest bus (5:30a.m) and the earliest train (7 a.m) would not have them there before 8 so are they left on their own to find transport or will the TPTB have arranged a charter bus?

I'll take a stab at it:
- Teams arrive in Bangkok between 9-10:45 p.m. on Sunday Nov. 27th with instructions to find Wat Hua Lamphong Temple.
- Teams travel via moto taxi and get clue from (in front of?) temple. Clue: Make your way to Prang Sam Yot Temple in LopBuri.
- Teams travel 2-3 hours to LopBuri and find the temple opens at 8 a.m. - grab some sleep
- Monday, Nov 28, 8 a.m. teams grab clue: Roadblock - prepare a feast for the monkeys; FF - participate in your own feast
- BJ/T and RaYo who were seen standing together at the entrance race off for the FF.
They both begin but RaYo see BJ/T are not struggling and going very quick so they decide to quit and hurry back to the roadblock.
- BJ/T complete FF and rush off to pitstop (back to Bangkok?)
- Eric finishes the roadblock first and receives clue: proceed to Ayutthaya
- Teams receive clue in Ayutthaya from elephant - clue: travel to KoKret.
- KoKret find cluebox: Detour- tote or toke (just kiddin  :lol:)
Maybe the scenes of E/J going up the steps is some ceremonial task and is the other detour? (Note: If this scene is indeed the FF then I owe GMan an apology. Based on the fact that we see BJ/T standing at the Prang Sam Yot temple before opening the FF should be very close to there because the other team that went for it had time to run back and compete with the others at the roadblock.)
Or the detour could be big pots, little pots. In little pots teams must carry X amount of pots from point A to B. In big pots, teams must search through hundreds of pots.
- After completing the detour, teams receive clue to head to the pitstop in? (Bangkok????)

« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 09:36:50 AM by supsandalee »

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: May 09, 2006, 09:40:07 AM »

Its a footrace to the mat , but one team gets held up in order to pay respect to local traditions .Will this delay be the end for them?

How about this?  The temple scene with Jeremy (or Eric) coming up the steps to a table with 2 place settings is right before the mat.  The place where the teams must pay repsect to local traditions. :monk3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #217 on: May 09, 2006, 09:42:28 AM »
KoKret find cluebox: Detour- tote or toke (just kiddin  )
  knock it off!! :lol:
thanks Sups ! :cheer: Looks good ..I still think the elephants are a detour but I " think " so !?

And where did this Eric gets punched in the nose come from?  :grins:

:welcome: Tank

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: May 09, 2006, 10:01:40 AM »
How about this?  The temple scene with Jeremy (or Eric) coming up the steps to a table with 2 place settings is right before the mat.  The place where the teams must pay repsect to local traditions. :monk3:

Good thinking! The detours are on KoKret and the pitstop could also be there on the old plantation. Wouldn't be the first time that the pitstop is running distance from the point of the final task. Puddin, are the elephants and KoKret (pot carrying detour) close enough to each other to be detours?

knock it off!!

But puddin you make it so easy!  :lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #219 on: May 09, 2006, 10:17:37 AM »
gator typed while I was typing .......good idea gator !!

sups , why I oughta  :meow:
 :snics:

Now whats the deal with Yahoo ? I wish they would get thier act together !  :umn: , are we getting a sneek peek or are they toying with us?

http://tv.yahoo.com/
http://tv.yahoo.com/feature/amazingrace9.html

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #220 on: May 09, 2006, 11:30:36 AM »
What IS the deal with Yahoo? Those previews should clear some things up as we all have different takes on this one. My simplified current thought is this, with reasons why in parentheses:

DAY ONE
TEAMS depart Lake Bennett on 11/26
FIRST CLUE: Fly to Bangkok, Thailand and search Wat Hua Lamphong temple for clue (webclue)
TEAMS arrive in Bangkok in the daytime (temple shot in daylight, usually an aprx. match for lighting of teams' arrival)
SECOND CLUE: Proceed to Ayutthaya
TEAMS go to Ayutthaya, do something with elephants
THIRD CLUE: Proceed to Lopburi and find Pra Prang Som Yat temple
TEAMS arrive in Lopburi at night (RaYo in cab, night shots of monkey festival going on)
TEAMS are bunched until the next morning (where teams wait outside gate, Ty & Ray hi-five)

DAY TWO
TEAMS enter temple grounds, find clue
FOURTH CLUE: ROADBLOCK - prepare monkey feast OR FAST FORWARD - eat bugs
BJT, MoJo go to FF, E&J & RaYo get started on roadblock, MoJo return to do roadblock
FIFTH CLUE: Proceed to Ko Kret Island
TEAMS arrive at Ko Kret, get next clue
SIXTH CLUE: DETOUR - something with pots
SEVENTH CLUE: Proceed to pitstop in plantation in Ko Kret (where E/J are held up, MoJo run, etc)

This makes the most sense to me time-wise.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: May 09, 2006, 01:18:34 PM »
What IS the deal with Yahoo? Those previews should clear some things up as we all have different takes on this one. My simplified current thought is this, with reasons why in parentheses:

DAY ONE
TEAMS depart Lake Bennett on 11/26
FIRST CLUE: Fly to Bangkok, Thailand and search Wat Hua Lamphong temple for clue (webclue)
TEAMS arrive in Bangkok in the daytime (temple shot in daylight, usually an aprx. match for lighting of teams' arrival)
SECOND CLUE: Proceed to Ayutthaya
TEAMS go to Ayutthaya, do something with elephants
THIRD CLUE: Proceed to Lopburi and find Pra Prang Som Yat temple
TEAMS arrive in Lopburi at night (RaYo in cab, night shots of monkey festival going on)
TEAMS are bunched until the next morning (where teams wait outside gate, Ty & Ray hi-five)

This is what Prang Sam Yot temple looked like on November 27th, 2005. That along with the Adelaide airport spoiler leads me to believe that teams traveled on Nov. 27th and the roadblock and detours are the following day. No background photos of teams at the temple show crowds or tents for the festival. 

As for the Wat Hua Lamphong temple being shown in the daytime - maybe it is at the end of the leg instead of the beginning. After the detours in KoKret teams are told to find the temple in Bangkok. Could be where one team is slowed down for local traditions. Heck it could even be the pitstop!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #222 on: May 09, 2006, 01:29:10 PM »
As for the Wat Hua Lamphong temple being shown in the daytime - maybe it is at the end of the leg instead of the beginning. After the detours in KoKret teams are told to find the temple in Bangkok. Could be where one team is slowed down for local traditions. Heck it could even be the pitstop!!!
It could be the pitstop Sups !! I think it was Perth they showed us the pier of the sailing club.....

please  raise your hands if you've been to the Yahoo site like every 10 minutes looking for the videos :yaya:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: May 09, 2006, 01:31:16 PM »
 :yaya:

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #224 on: May 09, 2006, 01:45:49 PM »
Sups, you're right -- the timing makes sense if they get to Bangkok on 11/27 instead of 11/26. The night shots of the monkey festival could be the night of 11/27. There are some day shots with crowds too, though, like with the horse show. Maybe the horses are with the elephants in Ayutthaya?

If it does break this way, I think you're right -- the Bangkok temple could be the pitstop. That would make the Ko Kret plantation and the porch E/J are running on the other half of the detour with the pot-carrying the other option. I think that shot of the big pots might not be a detour option but just some footage they'll use when Phil gives background on Ko Kret pottery. If it goes this way, it also means MoJo switches detours -- we see them with the pots and also in the plantation.