Author Topic: EP11 Title: I Think This Monkey Likes Me!  (Read 58215 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP11 Title: I Think This Monkey Likes Me!
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2006, 02:58:44 PM »
Got it !! ( Darn no pictures this week )

WHILE RACING THROUGH BANGKOK, TEAMS FACE A ROADBLOCK WHERE THEY MUST PREPARE A FEAST FOR HUNDREDS OF SACRED MONKEYS,
ON "THE AMAZING RACE 9," WEDNESDAY, MAY 10, 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT

"I Think This Monkey Likes Me" -- While racing through Bangkok, Teams face a Roadblock where they must prepare a feast for hundreds of sacred monkeys, on THE AMAZING RACE 9, Wednesday, May 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

In Thailand, teams make their way to an ancient temple where they find their next clue. Two Teams race for the Fast Forward and both are greeted with a gut-wrenching challenge aptly named "Insect Delight."  Despite a teammate's encouragement, a physically demanding challenge proves to be too much for one Racer who breaks down. 

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2006, 03:00:42 PM »
Nice work mwooden!

Something I was thinking ... maybe the detour is Big Pots or Little Pots (I know we've already had big fish, little fish but anyway ...)

Little Pots - Teams have to carry X amount of little of pots from point A to point B. (MoJo)
Big Pots - Teams search through hundreds of pots in search of a clue. (RaYo)

I can just see the Hippies at the pitstop -- their excitment over coming in first is deflated when they find out they've missed the "pot" detour.  :lol:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2006, 03:03:08 PM »
Nice work mwooden!

Something I was thinking ... maybe the detour is Big Pots or Little Pots (I know we've already had big fish, little fish but anyway ...)

Little Pots - Teams have to carry X amount of little of pots from point A to point B. (MoJo)

I can just see the Hippies at the pitstop -- their excitment over coming in first is deflated when they find out they've missed the "pot" detour.  :lol:

cant we call the detour pothead  or jughead?  :lol: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2006, 03:03:46 PM »
Hmm, I was hoping that press release would give us a little more. Maybe Yahoo will throw us a bone later?

Good point, Sups, about the pots -- those pots Ray was looking thru were bigger, weren't they? Could be. Maybe the banana plantation is just a place to find a clue with no task involved.

The "despite" a teammate's encouragement makes me think MoJo are gonna switch their detour choice.

Also, I've been making minor changes to the episode spec above -- if anything major changes, I'll re-post.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2006, 03:17:15 PM »
Nice work mwooden!

My boys are not potheads  :lol: , sorry I had to defend my guys   :flirt: . I bet BJ gets some shoes fairly easy , think about it ..airports , luggage ..lots of nice folks around .

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2006, 03:36:42 PM »
Nice work mwooden!

My boys are not potheads  :lol: , sorry I had to defend my guys   :flirt: . I bet BJ gets some shoes fairly easy , think about it ..airports , luggage ..lots of nice folks around .

Maybe not but I'm sure they wouldn't have minded if TAR would have brought them through Amsterdam!  :lol3:

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2006, 03:52:08 PM »
Actually, Denver had a temporary lift on its marijuana ban while the whole issue was in court. I think it would have hit while they were in Denver last fall...

www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-11-03-pot_x.htm

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2006, 04:23:37 PM »
Hey I just remembered! What about our elephants?  ??? Was that just a location marker or do teams have to go there to receive a clue? Puddin, where was the elephant park location again?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2006, 04:25:14 PM »
very good question  :tup: ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2006, 04:33:18 PM »
back on page 1 of this thread ....  maybe Neobie could help here !?  Search the  :ele: area for a clue?

:meow: << thats from BJT to you  :candle:
I'm sure these gold statues are a dime a dozen .

lookie here
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 05:06:50 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2006, 04:38:17 PM »
Oh that could be the Ceremony !!!
Ayuthaya Mongkhon Bophit

« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 04:41:46 PM by puddin »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2006, 04:42:29 PM »
so is that where the ff could be?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2006, 04:43:51 PM »
so is that where the ff could be?

clue: Its a footrace to the mat , but one team gets held up in order to pay respect to local traditions .Will this delay be the end for them?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 04:47:33 PM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2006, 06:56:07 PM »
back on page 1 of this thread ....  maybe Neobie could help here !?  Search the  :ele: area for a clue?
 :meow: << thats from BJT to you  :candle:

But I totally luuuuuvvvvv BJT. :hrt: I'm picking on them about the pot and they probably would be making jokes about it too. They're not called hippies just because of their clothes.  :lol:

So the elephant location is in Ayuthaya. As the crow flies its 30 miles south of Lop Buri.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2006, 07:10:33 PM »
I know you love them Sups , gosh I get so emotional ..btw I love E&J too and am really starting to love RaYo .. :js:

Offline dogparent

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2006, 09:06:27 PM »
I'm mostly a lurker here (because there is no possibility that my intellect approaches any of yours!)  ;D
But i do wonder if the holdup for the teams has anything to do with the celebration of the King's Birthday. Last time we went to Thailand in November / december i remember there were all kinds of celebrations and we sat in dead stopped traffic when the King came to visit the Phuket area. Everybody loves the king.

Are two royal delays too much in one season?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2006, 09:31:29 PM »
 :hello2: Welcome dogparent. The king's birthday is fixed to 05 Dec. My guess is the slowdown has something to do with this cap (either that, or it's the FF insect delight). Not enough definition to get a good look, though.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2006, 09:43:17 PM »
:hello2: Welcome dogparent. The king's birthday is fixed to 05 Dec. My guess is the slowdown has something to do with this cap (either that, or it's the FF insect delight). Not enough definition to get a good look, though.

This looks like Jeremy walking up the steps and since they can't compete for the FF it's probably to get a clue. Maybe they get to smoke some pipes and BJ/T miss out again :lol: (sorry puddin, I'm being very bad tonight. I'll shut up now. :-X )

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2006, 09:49:43 PM »

This looks like Jeremy walking up the steps and since they can't compete for the FF it's probably to get a clue. Maybe they get to smoke some pipes and BJ/T miss out again :lol: (sorry puddin, I'm being very bad tonight. I'll shut up now. :-X )

please continue ur humor is chearing me up :jumpy: :lol3:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2006, 09:50:42 PM »
I've attached a kmz of the Wat Hua Lamphong. Just a mile west on Rama 4 road is the central train station (same name). This timetable lists 3-hour train rides to Lop Buri (provided they take the train; Neobie wrote earlier that the bus system is excellent). The tuktuk caps look like a big city, so I'll guess the flight(s) arrive at night and they run into hours-of-operation at the temple.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2006, 10:59:53 PM »
Welcome dogparent :yaya:  :hithere:

lets do some clothes

RaYo

Rayo /Tyler

Ray or NOT? Could be a worker see the sandals ?

MoJo

Jo & ? Yolanda

Eric/ Jo/Yo

Mo/Jeremy

I'll take a Guess! Jeremy :" I think this monkey likes me ?

E&J

E&J

« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 02:06:53 AM by puddin »

Offline the_headcrusher

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • You flathead!
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2006, 11:11:27 PM »
Just a small opinion on the shoe/no shoes debate.  Maybe BJ/T were allowed to get shoes for obvious sanitary (health) reasons,  i'm pretty sure you could probably pick up some nasty stuff walking around in bare feet.
Assuming the pots are a detour,  I can laugh at the thought of the teams asking for pot(s). :)

I'm sure the hippies would be happy if the race went through B.C and Amsterdam  ;)
A good landing is one you can walk away from.  A great landing is one where they can use the plane again.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2006, 11:46:47 PM »
Just a small opinion on the shoe/no shoes debate.  Maybe BJ/T were allowed to get shoes for obvious sanitary (health) reasons,  i'm pretty sure you could probably pick up some nasty stuff walking around in bare feet.
Assuming the pots are a detour,  I can laugh at the thought of the teams asking for pot(s). :)

I'm sure the hippies would be happy if the race went through B.C and Amsterdam  ;)
  :gva: )-**

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2006, 11:53:33 PM »
 :bjtyler: :bjtyler: :bjtyler: :bjtyler:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2006, 11:54:27 PM »
I'll throw this together but will work on it later

( wish I had better vidcaps  :( )

Fast Forward
Guess BJT

:bar:

Roadblock

Jo/Yolanda /Eric seen doing the Roadblock

Detour

Clues

'I Think This Monkey Likes Me! '
TVGuide Clues~
The teams race through Bangkok to an ancient temple to find a clue .
Two teams compete for the Fast Forward in the aptly named challenge "insect delight" 
Also one racer breaks down during a physically demanding challenge .

Website clues ~

Teams must prepare a feast for hundreds of sacred monkeys that insist on interrupting them while they work .
A physically demanding challenge proves to be too much for one racer who has a breakdown .
Its a footrace to the mat , but one team gets held up in order to pay respect to local traditions .Will this delay be the end for them?

Press Release ~
WHILE RACING THROUGH BANGKOK, TEAMS FACE A ROADBLOCK WHERE THEY MUST PREPARE A FEAST FOR HUNDREDS OF SACRED MONKEYS

"I Think This Monkey Likes Me" --
 While racing through Bangkok, Teams face a Roadblock where they must prepare a feast for hundreds of sacred monkeys.

In Thailand, teams make their way to an ancient temple where they find their next clue.
Two Teams race for the Fast Forward and both are greeted with a gut-wrenching challenge aptly named "Insect Delight." 
Despite a teammate's encouragement, a physically demanding challenge proves to be too much for one Racer who breaks down.[/color][/color]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 12:01:23 AM by puddin »