Author Topic: Ranking of Route Completion  (Read 5496 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ranking of Route Completion
« on: April 21, 2006, 08:34:01 PM »
Boy what a stupid ass title.

Okay, feel free to move this to general if that is where it belongs.

But I will be going through the episodes and breaking down the performances based on the time it takes times to complete the legs (minus factors such as equilizers).  So we can see how the teams fare in comparison to each other, more then just final ranking for each episode.

Episode 1.

The first and only bunch of the episode is the flight to Sao Paulo (sp).  We get three different flight arrival times (and I will used the time given in the episode).

First flight arrives at 10:15 in contains (in order of departure from airport) Wanda and Desiree, Eric and Jeremy, Dave and Lori, & John and Scott.

2cd Flight arrives at 10:20 and holds BJ and Tyler (who actual get into a cab ahead of 2 teams from the first flight), Dani and Danielle, & Fran and Barry.

3rd flight arrives at 10:55.

Time it takes each team to complete this stage of the race in order of fastest to slowest:
Lake and Michelle with a total time of 7 hours and 15 minutes.
BJ and Tyler with a time of 7 hours and 16 minutes
MOJO with a time of 7 hours 18 minutes
Eric and Jeremy with a time of 7 hours and 19 minutes
Wanda and Desiree with a time of 7 hours and 30 minutes
Dave and Lori with a time of 7 hours 34 minutes
Ray and Yolanda with a time of 7 hours 52 minutes
Lisa and Joni with a time of 8 hours and 33 minutes
Fran and Barry with a time of 8 hours and 46 minutes
Dani and Danielle with a time of 8 hours and 59 minutes

And John and Scott who were elimated had at least  more then 9 hours and 13 minutes (they arrived after Lisa and Joni but their plane arrived 40 minutes earlier), but beyond that I have no soild info.

Episode two:

Features one full cast equilizer and 3 minor equilizers.

All teams begin Roadblock a the same time (8:00) with a finishing order of:
Jeremy & Eric
Joseph & Monica
BJ & Tyler
Lake & Michelle
Ray & Yolanda
Dave & Lori
Desiree & Wanda
Dani & Danille (have no clue which is which)
Lisa & Joni
Fran & Barry

The teams break down into 3 buses that arrive at:

10:15 With Eric and Jeremy, BJ and Tyler and Mojo
11:15 with Ray and Yolanda, Dave and Lori, & Wanda and Desiree.
12:15 with Dani and Danielle, Fran and Barry, Lisa and Joni, & Lake and Michelle.

In this section we can break down comparison within Bus groups.

Bus One
BJ and Tyler finished task (from start of bus ride to Pit Stop) in 6 hours 33 minutes
Eric and Jeremy took 6 hours 46 minutes
Mojo took 7 hours and 3 minutes.

Bus Two
Dave and Lori too 6 hours and 13 minutes
Ray and Yolanda took 7 hours and 16 minutes
Wanda and Desiree took 7 hours and 17 minutes

Bus Three
Lake and Michelle took 6 hours 51 minutes
Dani and Danielle took 6 hours 52 minutes
Fran and Barry took 8 hours and 9 minutes
Lisa and Joni took longer.  How much longer?

Now for an overall comparison ranking the speed of the teams completeing the tasks one has to remember that in comparing the 3 buses we must assume it took the buses the same amount of time to reach the destination (It probably took roughly the same amount of time, but not exactly the same amount of time).

Dave and Lori with 6 hours and 13 minutes (way to go Mr. Wizard)
BJ & Tyler with 6 hours 33 minutes
Eric and Jeremy with 6 hours and 46 minutes
Lake and Michelle with 6 hours and 51 minutes
Dani and Danielle with 6 hours and 52 minutes
Mojo with 7 hours and 3 minutes
Ray and Yolanda with 7 hours and 16 minutes
Wanda and Desiree with 7 hours and 17 minutes
Fran and Barry with 8 hours and 9 minutes

And elimated Lisa and Joni took even longer.

On Leg three, we have one major equillizer and that is the flight to Russia (that plane lands at 12:10).

Teams start the diving process at 2:41 with roughly ten minutes seperating the first and last team.

Teams do the leg and arrive at the mat (fake Pit Stop) in this order.

Eric and Jeremy (4:20)
Lake and Michelle (4:25)
Ray and Yolanda
Bj and Tyler
Fran and Barry
Dani and Danielle (after 7:05)
Wanda and Desiree (really a tie with Dani and Danielle)
Mojo
Dave and Lori (a little behind Mojo around 7:20)

Not much solid time information about this episode.

But the first team took 4 hours 15 minutes to the last team took 7 hours 10 minutes.

......Continued on next post......

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Ranking of Route Completion
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 08:42:55 PM »
Got your work cut for you!!!!!  :jumpy: :hearts:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 09:16:26 PM »
:popcorn:
 :jumpy:

Offline sarakasara

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 09:42:23 PM »
Thank you mswood :-*

You are awesome!  What a great idea and what a great way to see who jammed and who bleed.  I really had no idea it went down like this, damn editors (:;).  Keep it up, I want more!!!
Sara

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 11:01:16 PM »
Part II

Continuation of Leg three or as I like to think of it Episode #4.

We have two equalizers in this episode.

#1:  We have three teams that manage to get out of Russia and Make it to the Test Track at 8:30.  They are Eric and Jeremy, Lake and Michelle and BJ and Tyler.  teams go one team at a time (though very close together) with Lake and Michelle going first, BJ and Tyler 2cd and Eric and Jeremy Third.  Eric and Jeremy managed to leave the parking lot first, though only seconds should separate the teams at this point.  They then go and proceed to the Detour and Roadblock.

#2:  All other teams have a later flight out of Russian and get to the the city by train at 11:15 (we don't know how long it takes from the train station to to test track (any help here anyone).  They do the test track in this order Dave and Lori, Ray and Yolanda, Wanda and Desiree, Dani and Danielle, Mojo, and Fran and Barry.  Then then all proceed to to the Roadblock nd Detour.

For the first group, the time it took to complete the task in order fastest to slowest are:

Eric and Jeremy took 5 hours 45 minutes
BJ and Tyler took 6 hours 34 minutes
Lake and Michelle took 6 hours 39 minutes

For the 2cd group arriving in town at 11:15, the order goes:
Fran and Barry took 5 hours and 48 minutes
Dave and Lori took 6.14 minutes
Mojo took 6 hours 38 minutes
Ray and Yolanda took 7 hours 34 minutes
Dani and Danielle took 8 hours and 14 minutes
and
Wanda and Desiree took longer then 8 hours and 14 minutes.

Now we can't get a direct comparison since the equalizer point is slightly different between the two sets of teams.  I would assume it took at least 15 minutes to get from train station to test track, but it could have been longer.  A guess to the order of fastest between all the teams in order is:

Fran and Barry  5 hours 30 minutes (?)
Eric and Jeremy 5 hours 45 minutes
Dave and Lori 6 hours (?)
Mojo 6 hours 20 minutes (?)
BJ and Tyler 6 hours 34 minutes
Lake and Michelle 6 hours 39 minutes
Ray and Yolanda 7 hours 18 minutes (?)
Dani and Danielle 8 hours (?)

Official Leg 4, episode #5 has no equalizers, but it does give the arrival time of all the teams except Eric and Jeremy.  Off of those arrival times we can judge how long it took them to complete the rest of the leg.

BJ and Tyler arrived first at 10:15
Eric and Jeremy arrived 2cd at roughly 12:05 (according to their insider video)
Mojo, Fran and Barry, and Dave and Lori arrived at 1:25
Lake and Michelle, Ray and Yolanda, and Dani and Danielle arrived at 2:00

Final amount of time to complete route once arrived in Sicily in order of fastest to slowest:

Mojo at 3 hours 35 minutes
Fran and Barry at 3 hours 53 minutes
Lake and Michelle at 4 hours 6 minutes
Eric and Jeremy also at 4 hours and 6 minutes (If Eric's flight time is accurate)
BJ and Tyler at 4 hours and 14 minutes
Ray and Yolanda at 4 hours 34 minutes
Dave and Lori at 4 hours 50 minutes
Dani and Danielle took longer then 4 hours 50 minutes and were eliminated from the race.

Leg 5 or episode #6 featured 1 equalizer, but it only affected two teams (due most likely to the other teams getting lost and conjested traffic).

BJ and Tyler & Eric and Jeremy start the leg at 8:30 and teams complete the task in this order
Eric and Jeremy who took hours 2 minutes
BJ and Tyler who took 2 hours 8 minutes

The other group of teams show time from starting to Pit Stop since, none of them were stopped by any equalizers.  The order for completion in this group going fastest to slowest is:

Lake and Michelle at 6 hours 11 minutes
Ray and Yolanda at 6 hours 28 minutes
Fran and Barry with 6 hours 35 minutes
Mojo with 6 hours 40 minutes
and Dave and Lori who took at longer 6 hours 37 minutes.

Now to compare both groups If Eric and Jeremy weren't equalized at all it would have taken them 6 hours and 27 minutes.  We know they were equalized for at least a little while.  Was it at least 16 minutes (I am going to assume so they should have been able to drive 135 miles in under  4 hours 15 minutes, Tyler even says in the Insider Videos that the highway traffic is very good, its in town that it gets busy and they should have missed a lot of the rush hour)

So to give a guess on team comparison for this leg in order of fastest to slowest:

Eric and Jeremy (?)
BJ and Tyler (?), though 6 minutes longer then Eric and Jeremy
Lake and Michelle with a firm 6 hours 11 minutes (and the only team that is mathematically possible to have finished faster then Eric and Jeremy and BJ and Tyler, though I really don't think they did, opinions)

Ray and Yolanda 6 hours and 28 minutes
Fran and Barry 6 hours 35 minutes
Mojo 6 hours 40 minutes
and Dave and Lori longer then 6 hours 37 minutes and are last and are eliminated from the race.

Leg 6, episode 7.  We have Three complete equalizers on this leg of the race.  The train to Rome first, the flight to Athens 2cd, and the opening of the Agora 3rd.

We have teams reach Rome at 4:15 the follow the route and get to the Fountain, then steps then airport in this order:
Eric and Jeremy, Mojo, BJ and Tyler, Lake and Michelle, Fran and Barry, and Ray and Yolanda.

All teams get on the same flight to Athens.  We don't have an order for getting to Agora, but we do know according to both the videos of the Frats and the Hippies that Eric and Jeremy are last getting out of the Airport because their luggage was checked for the first time and wasn't allowed to by carried on.  They proceed to lighting the packs and get rid of extra stuff.

All teams are equalized again at the opening of the Agora.  Teams first to the route marker are Mojo, Ray and Yolanda, Eric and Jeremy, BJ and Tyler, and Fran and Barry.   Three teams go for the Fast Forward (Mojo who get their first, Eric and Jeremy and then Fran and Barry who get their after the other two teams have already left).  Eric and Jeremy get the Fast forward and proceed to the Pit Stop (its guessed that they get the Fast Forward around 9:00).

The teams then proceed to the Roadblock and then the detour before going to the Pit Stop.

The time it takes the teams to travel and complete their tasks in order of fastest to slowest:

Eric and Jeremy (Obviously with the Fast Forward) take 3 hours and 26 minutes from the opening of the Agora.
Mojo take 8 hours and 1 minute
Ray and Yolanda take 8 hours 11 minutes
Fran and Barry take 9 hours 50 minutes
BJ and Tyler take 12 hours 21 minutes
Lake and Michelle longer then 12 hours and 21 minutes, they are the last team and they are eliminated.

A few interesting notes about this leg.  3 teams received 15 minute penalties fro not following the clue's intructions, this put Ray and Yolanda in 3rd place instead of being 5 minutes faster then Mojo they are now 10 minutes behind.  It also affected the final time of BJ and Tyler and Lake and Michelle.  

2cd point since Fran and Barry shouldn't have been to far behind Mojo who finished the Roadblock right before them and that both detours were in the same area.  I would assume that Fran and Barry also got fairly lost, just not to the degree that BJ and Tyler did (who might have gotten lost more then once since their being behind 2 hours ended up growing to over 4 hours) and Lake and Michelle.

The latest leg had a couple equalizers but the race didn't really start until the last one which was the opening up of incense place at 6:00.  The order to the  gate of the route marker is Eric and Jeremy, Mojo, Ray and Yolanda, Fran and Barry, and The Hippies.

At the detour the teams arrive in this order Mojo, Fran and Barry, Hippies, Eric and Jeremy, who are all fairly close together, Ray and Yolanda arrive later.

Teams arrive at the Roadblock in this order Fran and Barry, BJ and Tyler, Mojo (who switched detours) , Eric and Jeremy (who got lost on the detour for 25 minutes according to the insider videos),

Mojo leave the roadblock first, followed by Fran and Barry, Eric and Jeremy, Ray and Yolanda (who get to the Roadblock after the first three teams have already finished the Roadblock), and in last place BJ and Tyler.

Teams drive 150 miles (if they stay on the right road, he-he), and the order they arrive is:

Fran and Barry (oldest team to win a leg without using a fast forward.
Mojo (who got lost and lost first place)
Ray and Yolanda
Eric and Jeremy (who interested in short cut to get 2cd or possible first, get seriously lost)
BJ and Tyler.  They are last, but it is the first non elimination leg and are not eliminated from the race.

.....Analysis to follow in next post......
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 11:13:04 PM by mswood »

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 12:00:49 AM »
Damn, I didn't realize, I would be typing this much (and as you can tell my spelling and grammer, suck).

Now obviously there are other factors such as scrambling for flights (see Russia Leg and the leg going to Sicily), and this season has what seems like a larger number of luck based tasks, so a team could be doing really well and just run out of luck, or a team could be doing okay or poorly and find great luck.  But we see this every season on the Amazing Race and its just as big of factor, as fatigue, navigation, and task skills.

Also an upfront addendum (well actual this is the third part so maybe its not upfront),  I know episode 3 and 4 are one leg.  But for the purpose of this I treat it as two (for two reasons, it really is two legs it has all the tasks and its two separate episode, if it aired together as one episode I probably would count it as one).

But here is a list of how the teams have ended at the Pit Stops
Eric and Jeremy 1,2 ,1(1st part of double leg), 1 (final part of double leg), 2, 1, 1, and 4th.
BJ and Tyler 2, 1, 4 (1st part of double leg), 2 (final part of double leg), 1, 2, 5, 5th.
Fran and Barry 8, 9, 5 (1st part of double leg), 4 (final part of double leg), 4, 4, 4, 1
Mojo 6, 3, 8 (first part of double leg), 6 (final part of double leg), 3, 3, 2, 2
Ray and Yolanda 7, 5, 3 (first part of double leg), 7 (final part of double leg), 7, 6, 3, 3,
Lake and Michelle 5, 7, 2 (first part of double leg), 3 (Final part of double leg), 5, 5, 6 (and eliminated)
Dave and Lori 4, 4, 9 (first part of double leg), 5 (final part of double leg), 6, 7 (eliminated)
Dani and Danielle 9, 8, 6 (first part of Double leg), 8 (final part of double leg), 8 (eliminated and Yielded)
Wanda and Desiree 3, 6, 7 (first part of Double leg), 9 (final part of double leg and eliminated)
Lisa and Joni 11, 10 (eliminated)
John and Scott 12 (eliminated)

Now out of the all the teams who managed to finish the route faster:

Eric and Jeremy  4th, 3rd, 1st (part one of double leg), 2cd (final part of double leg), 4th, 1st, 1st  (FF used), 4th
Hippies 2cd, 2cd, 4th (first part of double leg), 5th (2cd part of double leg), 5th, 2cd, 5th, 5th
Fran and Barry 9th, 9th, 5th (first part of double leg), 1st (final part of double leg), 2cd, 5th, 4th, 1st
Mojo 3rd, 6th, 8th (first part of double leg), 4th (final part of double leg), 1st, 6th, 2cd, 2cd
Ray and Yolanda 7th, 7th, 3rd (first part of double leg), 7th (final part of double leg), 6th, th, 3rd, 3rd
Lake and Michelle 1st, 4th, 2cd (first part of double leg), 6th (final part of double leg), 3rd, 3rd, 6th
Dave and Lori 6th, 1st, 9th (first part of double leg), 3rd (final part of double leg), 7th, 7th
Dani and Danielle 10th, 5th, 6th (first part of double leg), 8th (final part of double leg), 8th
Wanda and Desiree 5th, 8th, 7th (first part of double leg), 9th
Lisa and Joni 8th, 10th
John and Scott 11th

From this only one team has managed to race legs in the top 4 every round and that is the Frat boys Eric and Jeremy, they have also raced 3 of the legs fastest (though that included s fast forward).

The Hippies average either a strong 2cd place or 5th, with only one episode where they were 4th.  Eric and Jeremy have really excelled at almost every leg.  The only real poor showing they have had (this last week) was do to navigation errors (at that has been one of their strong suits), so did they just get cocky?  Is Fatigue getting to them?  Personally I think the first at all cost mentality really hurt them this episode more then any other.  This will be their biggest time difference between them and the fastest leg out of all the races (probably 3 of them put together).

Fran and Barry have been all over the place, with two legs in 9th and two 1st place legs.  Fran and Barry tend to be stronger on legs that they navigate on (though the leg in Greece was not a good one for them, but it was worse for two other teams)

Mojo is another team that is inconsistent. Going from 1st on one leg, to as high 8th on a different leg.

Ray and Yolanda best ranking as been 3rd place on a leg (both in final standing and how long it takes them to perform a leg without equalizers.

Based on this, I just can't see how Ray and Yolanda are going to be around much longer.  The next leg also doesn't appear to play into Fran and Barry's personal navigation strengths.  I think just on time to complete The Hippies and the Frats should do well.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 12:09:29 AM »
what ? are you done already ?  :lol3:

Holy Cannoli mswood  :jumpy: outstanding !!!

did I say Thank You ?

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 02:12:11 AM »
Mswood, this is totally awesome.  I did not realize they were out on the road completing the detours, etc. for hours on end.  You can never tell from what they show on the 1 hour show.  Thanks for all your hardwork. :flowers: :clap: :blume: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2006, 01:37:51 PM »
Nope not done (obviously more episodes), but I will be adding sections on mistakes, who follows, ect.  Just need to rewatch the episodes a little more for all the info.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2006, 01:45:18 PM »
more power to you mswood , you really must be a patient person with fast fingers  :jam:
btw , typos don't matter ..I can read through it just fine !

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 01:25:48 PM »
WOW!    

keep up the awesome work!!!   :waves:
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 06:37:14 PM »
Okay time to update.

We start with actual info on the Oman leg now that we have the time of arrivals.

The leg had to bunches one was the airport the other was the giant incense burner that wasn't open until 6am.

And from the first section airport to burner.

Eric and Jeremy
Mojo
Fran and Barry
Ray and Yolanda
and the HIppies over a hour later.

The 2cd and the main body of the leg began at 6 am.  Teams worked the whole day with a few lead changes while driving.  But the final check in times are
Fran and Barry 5:35 pm (took them 11 hours and 35 minutes to complete)
Mojo 5:54 (took then 11 hours and 54 minutes)
Ray and Yolanda 6:26 (took them 12 hours and 26 minutes).
Eric and Jeremy 6:47 (took them 12 hours and 47 minutes)
BJ and Tyler 8:21 (took them 14 hours and 21 minutes)

Few interesting details.  Tyler says the roadblock took them about an hour and a half.  I think either he is clearly wrong on the time, or they also got seriously lost on the drive to the castle.

With them arriving at the Roadblocks just moments after Fran and Barry, they should if they navigated as well only be an hour or so behind them.  They are nearly 3 hours behind them.

Much was made on screen about Mojo getting lost and losing their lead, and Eric and Jeremy getting lost by trying to take a shortcut the locals told them about (insider video). 

That in my mind (again unless Tyler was way off) then BJ and Tyler got majorly lost far more then any of the other teams.

This also occured with them in the Greece leg, where they drove one hour in the wrong direction and with backtracking should then by 2 hours (roughly behind) Ray and Yoland and Mojo.  But in fact are an addition two hours plus behind.  Fran and Barry also got lost in the Greece episode and lost a hour plus in driving.

Leg number 8, episode #10.

We have two bunch up points in this episode.  The airport and the opening of the Ferry's.

All teams make the airplane and then race to the First route marker:
Order of Arrival:
Eric and Jeremy
Mojo
Ray and Yolanda
BJ and Tyler
Fran and Barry

Then from route marker to Ferry terminal.  Order of arrival:

Eric and Jeremy
Mojo
Fran and Barry
Hippies and Ray and Yolanda arrive at roughly the same time from a bus ride (couldn't tell which actual got there first).

Teams then have to wait until 7:30 am to catch the farry to rottnest island.  All make it of course:

Clue ride tandem bike 3 miles to lighthouse.  Order of Arrival:
Eric and Jeremy
Mojo
Hippies
Fran and Barry
Ray and Yolanda

Then ride to the detour on the bikes.  Order of Arrival:
Eric and Jeremy
Hippies
Fran and Barry
Mojo
Ray and Yolanda

Detour Swim or sand.

Order of completion:
Eric and Jeremy (Swim)
Hippies (Sand)
Mojo (Swim)
Fran and Barry (Sand)
Ray and Yolanda (Sand)

Then proceed to prison on main land.  First to arrive at Roadblock:
Eric and Jeremy
Mojo
Hippies
Ray and Yolanda
Fran and Barry

Completion order of Roadblock
Eric and Jeremy
Mojo
Hippies
Ray and Yolanda
Fran and Barry

Go to Pit Stop.  Order to check in
Eric and Jeremy
Mojo (just seconds behind)
Hippies
Ray and Yolanda
Fran and Barry (Supposedly just a couple minutes behind) they are the last to arrive and are eliminated.

Notes on this episode.  Eric and Jeremy's hustle through the tasks allowed them to reach the first to leave Ferry going toward the main land.

But Jeremy had the hardest time of the racers with the Roadblock (though having others there I am sure helped point the other teams in the right direction.

Concerning alpha or more physical teams.  Easily the 2cd strongest physical team (possible the first) is Ray and Yolanda especially leg strength.  ANd in this leg where cardio and leg strength were very important, they were beat by every single team.  Go figure.

Updated list of order to at the Pit Stop:

Eric and Jeremy 1,2 ,1(1st part of double leg), 1 (final part of double leg), 2, 1, 1, 4, and 1st
BJ and Tyler 2, 1, 4 (1st part of double leg), 2 (final part of double leg), 1, 2, 5, 5, 3rd.
Fran and Barry 8, 9, 5 (1st part of double leg), 4 (final part of double leg), 4, 4, 4, 1, 5th and eliminated.
Mojo 6, 3, 8 (first part of double leg), 6 (final part of double leg), 3, 3, 2, 2, 2cd.
Ray and Yolanda 7, 5, 3 (first part of double leg), 7 (final part of double leg), 7, 6, 3, 3, and 4th.

Updated list on fastest to complete route tasks:

Eric and Jeremy  4th, 3rd, 1st (part one of double leg), 2cd (final part of double leg), 4th, 1st, 1st  (FF used), 4th, 1st
Hippies 2cd, 2cd, 4th (first part of double leg), 5th (2cd part of double leg), 5th, 2cd, 5th, 5th, 3rd
Fran and Barry 9th, 9th, 5th (first part of double leg), 1st (final part of double leg), 2cd, 5th, 4th, 1st, 5th and eliminated.
Mojo 3rd, 6th, 8th (first part of double leg), 4th (final part of double leg), 1st, 6th, 2cd, 2cd, 2cd.
Ray and Yolanda 7th, 7th, 3rd (first part of double leg), 7th (final part of double leg), 6th, th, 3rd, 3rd, 4th.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 06:57:46 PM »
Okay we have had several teams get called on for being followers most going towards Eric and Jeremy, BJ and Tyler and Lake and Michelle.

I will be listing every time teams follow (not work together, though I might mention that as well), it doesn't matter when.  I will list weither its following a cab, another teams car, a local, while running, while biking, while looking in an airport.

And just because, I will be going in reverse episode order.

Starting with the most recent episode.

Episode #9  Oman to Perth.

Very little in the way of deliberate following.  We only have two instances.  Both occur on Rottnest Island.

BJ and Tyler say to just follow the pack on the way to the Lighthouse.
Fran and Barry also say to just follow on the way to the Lighthouse.*

While teams got direction from locals these are the only two times following is mentioned.

Episode #8  Greece to Oman.

Eric and Jeremy, Mojo, and Ray and Yolanda follow Fran and Barry to Gulf Air to get the flight that they got.

In Oman

BJ and Tyler follow a local to the incense burner (and a few other places, see Insider videos).

BJ and Tyler follow Mojo, until the see a local give them directions and then BJ and Tyler pass them.

And a flooded road.  Hippies arrive first, then Mojo.  Neither team is willing to go through the water.  Then Fran and Barry arrive.  They also wait.  Hippies and Mojo taunt each other trying to get the other to go for it.

Eric and Jeremy arrive and drive through without stopping.  The other 3 teams mentioned follow them.  Two of them then complain how they just cut in front of them.

At the detour.  Fran and Barry decide to follow BJ and Tyler.  Then both teams follow a local driver into town to the shop they need to get to.

BJ and Tyler and Fran and Barry (with Fran and Barry leading) decide to travel together to find the roadblock.

In this episode every team follows at least once witht eh fewest being Ray and Yolanda and Eric and Jeremy with 1.  Mojo and the Hippies are next with 2.  Fran and Barry follow the most times in this episode 3 times.

Episode 7, Italy to Greece

Not much following in thise episode (and its the episode that has the msot teams fairly well lost).

In Rome, Fran and Barry follow BJ and Tyler and Lake and Michelle to the spanish steps.

At the Ancient Agora, BJ and Tyler say to follow Eric and Jeremy to the clue box.  Though it isn't Eric and Jeremy who find the clue box first or even 2cd.

Episode 6 Sicily
Okay we get a lot of following in this leg.

Mojo follows a scooter at least part of the way to the city.

BJ and Tyler (after earlier in the morning complaining that all Eric and Jeremy do is follow them) follow Eric and Jeremy through from the first route marker inside the theatre to the detour and back to their cars.  They follow them 3 seperate times in this part of the episode.

Mojo follow another driver through part of the city (Insider video).

The Nerds follow a scooter inside town.

The only teams that don't follow in this leg are Eric and Jeremy, Fran adn Barry and Ray and Yolanda.

to be continued....

« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 07:01:31 PM by mswood »