Author Topic: NBC Calls Off 'Cooking Showdown,' Episodes to Instead Air Online  (Read 3430 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 11:53 AM
NBC Calls Off 'Cooking Showdown,' Episodes to Instead Air Online
By Brian Ford Sullivan

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- NBC is calling off its "Celebrity Cooking Showdown," as the show's final two installments - set to air tonight and Friday - will instead be webcast on NBC.com.

Repeats of "Will & Grace" ("Love Is In The Airplane") and "My Name Is Earl" ("The Professor") will fill the 8:00/7:00c hour tonight with an encore of "Deal or No Deal" ("Episode No. 24") set to run tomorrow at 8:00/7:00c.

The news comes after yet another disastrous performance for the series. Last night's installment took a distant fifth place among adults 18-49 in the 8:00/7:00c hour (a 1.6 rating) according to preliminary numbers, ahead of only "One Tree Hill" on the WB (a 1.2 rating).

Ben Silverman, David A. Hurwitz and Sean "Diddy" Combs were the executive producers of the series.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
Re: NBC Calls Off 'Cooking Showdown,' Episodes to Instead Air Online
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 02:15:45 AM »
I didn't even see an episode of this show.  Did anyone else see it?  Was it any good?  Was it interesting?  I think everyone should think twice of what they think is a good reality show to air.  People must be tiring of this stuff or now that it is spring and the weather is nicer and it is much lighter out--they are not tuning in to the tv as much.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 03:05:05 AM »
 Nope,didn't see it and don't care to.  The reality show syndrome has been run into the ground!  Seems the networks have run out of ideas & they think a reality show will fill the gaps.     

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 08:27:49 AM »
I'm not so sure if it's the Reality Show genre that is getting tiring, what's tiring is them trying to find new and inventive shows. If I want to watch someone cook I'll invite my mother over. If I want to watch someone play air guitar I'll invite my friend over. But it's hard to put someone on an island where I live, or to have your friends race across the country, that's why I feel these shows are still good. Big Brother and Unan1mous are still good because it's a bunch of crazy people all thrown together. Hmmmm, this is quickly becoming a rant. Perhaps I should write up a story and post it.

I hope you get the point though. Some of these reality shows they are coming up with are just horrible.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 03:29:19 AM »
Yep...I hear ya Jeffrey, and totally agree!  You are right on about cbs trying to find new and inventive shows.  They are scratching the bottom of the barrel it seems.  Yes, the reality shows like Survivor, BB, etc, are good for the reasons you stated.  I don't know about Unanimous, but just from what little I've seen when flipping channels, I'd probably like it.  If time permits, maybe I'll take a closer look at it!  :waves: 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 07:24:45 AM »
Rudy, as the unofficial spokesman for unan1mous on the forum here I order you to check it out on Wednesday.  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Seriously though, if you check out www.realityfanforum.com you'll see the first five episode recaps. It'll make it easier to check out Wednesday's show.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 10:46:12 PM »
 Yaaay, I watched Unan1mous* before reading this!  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:  I'll still check out the recaps. 

My first impression of Unan1mous, it seems different enough to make it entertaining.  I got the jist of it & just might like it.  I'll try to watch the rest of the season.
Has every ep been only 30 minutes? 

Thanks Jeff! 

*...(note the 1)...ha ha

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 05:53:49 PM »
I'm going to try and get the latest episode recap up. I've been having another busy week. I'll try to have Wednesday's episode done on time.