Author Topic: EP9 Title:Do you Know how much Running I Did today, Phil?  (Read 56975 times)

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: EP9 Title:Do you Know how much Running I Did today, Phil?
« Reply #200 on: April 25, 2006, 09:49:47 PM »
Well at least one team has to go from first to last [its happened every real season Family doesnt count]
I would hate to see FB go for me they are the only team left i would like to root for.

If the jail from the IMBD spoiler the same one as this one?  If BJT werent seen they could then be possibly ahead then MOJO, Rayolanda, and Frats come in realitivily close ats 2nd-3rd, and Fran and Barry come later and are eliminated [even though i would have liked the second Aussie leg to be the elimination cause i would hate for Tokyo to be a non elim with the final three what a bummer!]
Now i dont remember the spoiler to well but wasnt it also later said it was a couple middle aged [assumed Lake and Michelle but that wrong] now i dont know if they were early or later but that could have been FB also not reaching the pit stop with the other teams, and based on the looks of it its not good.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2006, 10:02:20 PM »
TurT's " friend " told him a couple in their 30's came through earlier and TurT " thought " it was Lake & Michelle ...........I think it was BJT .

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: April 25, 2006, 10:22:42 PM »
Actually I want Japan to be a non elimination round.

Frankly I don't mind it when a contestant is familar with the language and the locals, except the closer it gets to the ending.

Just lke I wouldn't want the one of the final legs be in the Arican Country that Jeremy lived in for a while.

So with Tyler familar with Japan and its language, I don't want to see it be an elimation round.  Of course with the luck on the amazing race is if its someplace you are familar with you screw it up.

And Puddin, don't you ever sleep.

I to am crossing all digits for an early peak at the preview for next week.  Otherwise its just me on the west coast, reading spoilers from the east coast feed.

I tell you the show is like crack.

Offline bethgio33

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #203 on: April 25, 2006, 10:25:30 PM »
Puddin...if this helps, according to this map, Rottnest Island measures 11km long and 5km wide, which is 6.84 miles long and 3.11 miles wide.  Rottnest looks to be about in the middle, so I would guess about 3 or so miles from Rottnest lighthouse to bathurst lighthouse.   What do y'all think?

http://www.rottnestisland.com/NR/rdonlyres/350AA64F-AC60-494A-8C32-6D4DAAA74CBF/0/island_map.pdf

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: April 25, 2006, 11:11:10 PM »
FWIW, this photo is described to show the Bathurst lighthouse on Rottnest.      :snics:   

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #205 on: April 26, 2006, 08:45:34 AM »
Puddin...if this helps, according to this map, Rottnest Island measures 11km long and 5km wide, which is 6.84 miles long and 3.11 miles wide.  Rottnest looks to be about in the middle, so I would guess about 3 or so miles from Rottnest lighthouse to bathurst lighthouse.   What do y'all think?

http://www.rottnestisland.com/NR/rdonlyres/350AA64F-AC60-494A-8C32-6D4DAAA74CBF/0/island_map.pdf

thats a better map and info , thanks beth :yaya:
we know MoJo go the wrong way from the previews and fight about it but from this vidcap I dont think they go to far out of the way ? or do they?

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #206 on: April 26, 2006, 09:05:29 AM »
We have a confusing situation this morning.  On TES they had four promos for TES tomorrow ALL featured RobinWilliams and plug for his new film "RV" and not one single word about TAR team being on tomorrow morning.  At the end of the program, Harry Smith (who I do not think is the brightest lighthouse on the island) says the following:  "and back to The Amazing Race. Very excited tonight (giggles, giggles, small talk by the others) ....it's not an elimination round. (more background giggles, etc.) ...I'm pulling for the Hippies.we'll find out who is eliminated and they will be around tomorrow
End of quote.

Huh?

Do we or do we not have Non Elimination Leg tonighjt????

Puddin' any late word from CBS?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #207 on: April 26, 2006, 09:35:18 AM »
that is pretty weird Gman , and yeah so is Harry ..not the sharpest tool in the shed  :lol:
checking the insidescoop at cBS ...its not updated yet ( imagine that !? ) , maybe by 11 am ET ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #208 on: April 26, 2006, 10:07:05 AM »
inside scoop is updated , no mention of the Racers ! but the scoop updates during the day so we'll see ?
still the title sure could be a TBC as some of us originally thought ?

THURSDAY MORNING ON THE EARLY SHOW

A sneak peek at the next blockbuster CSI episode… as we kick off seven straight days of behind the scenes at CSI. Also, advice for women. How to take charge of your financial future. Plus, the one and only Robin Williams talks about his new movie!

link

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #209 on: April 26, 2006, 10:21:45 AM »
how often does JO wear this shirt &maybe same shorts  ?
EP9
JO EP10( tvguide)

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #210 on: April 26, 2006, 11:08:06 AM »
Good question Puddin!  :jumpy: I just took a quick peek at Tarflies gallery and the last we've seen him wearing the MoJo shirt was at Segesta.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #211 on: April 26, 2006, 11:09:55 AM »
guilty Sups, I did the same thing  :lol:

last week EP

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #212 on: April 26, 2006, 11:45:22 AM »
UPDATE!

In promo on CBS at noon  today, for TES tomorrow after another plug for Robin Williams, TAR IS MENTIONED AND THAT THE LATEST CASTOFF WOULD BE ON THE EARLY SHOW TO TELL US WHAT WENT WRONG, etc, etc.

SO IT IS AN ELIMINATION LEG TONIGHT and who will be Philiminated?

Strange thing about the promo is that they included a closeup shot of a Parrot and then rugged mountians with three white SUV's driving through a narrow pass, then pan to a wide open valley with railroad tracks and small villages.  Do no recognize any of the shots; perhaps Darwin area. Or something left over from Oman.  Just strange, that's all!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 11:49:53 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #213 on: April 26, 2006, 12:25:17 PM »
I wish I saw that Gman ...could be Oman or maybe even Darwin?

early show site ( play orange box on the left ), watch coming up, Julie & Renee do not mention the racers .... ???

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/earlyshow/main500202.shtml

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #214 on: April 26, 2006, 12:52:39 PM »
Damn, I knew I knew those scenes on the TES promo:  they were from the introduction of the very first ep for TAR9!! Why would they pick up on those old mountain shots instead of something more recent featuring teams racing like they have in the past?  Me thinks that something strange is going on.  The promo for TAR on TES tomorrow looks like something thrown together at the last moment to run at noon today.  Me thinks that maybe one hand at CBS doesn't know what the other hand is doing (which would not be anything new!)

Hopefully, you can steal an early look at the video promo for Ep 10 this afternoon, Puddin, we're counting on you! 

Now it is time to try to summarize, so I will sit down and go through all the notations we have and see what we can see, if anything.

Later, Gator

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #215 on: April 26, 2006, 01:04:33 PM »
If I could get the video it wont be untill after 4 pm :popcorn:

:croc  :yaya: back atcha Gman !!

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: April 26, 2006, 01:06:22 PM »
Checked up on the Round House.  It can't be the location for the jail cell search since it has only 8 cells on one floor!  But it has historical significance since it was built by convicts in 1830 and is tahe oldest public building in the state.  So it very well may be the pit stop for this leg of the race.

Is this the same Round House that I posted back on page 3? Turks comment about the Round House sounded like it was something inside of the prison but the Round House landmark is about a mile away. The shot looking down the street was taken from the Round House and you can see the Town Hall down on the right. If thats the case then it is possible that Barry is trying to run to the Round House for the pitstop instead of to the prison as we thought. Click on the google image link for the relationship between the prison, town hall, and round house.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #217 on: April 26, 2006, 01:17:59 PM »
and in the video Barry looks frustrated , the voiceover has what we would believe is Barry saying " is there no easy task " in frustration but the words do not come from his mouth ......could even be Jeremy's voice ?

good deal Sups !! I wish I could get a better look at that ticket /clue that Barry is flipping around , I thought I saw a hint of red ..not conclusive though.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #218 on: April 26, 2006, 02:11:29 PM »
Back in my pub crawling days in Sydney, Australia, the thing you hated to hear was for the barkeep to call out "Gentlemen, time." (It was always gentlement since the ladies were not allowed in the pub but had to partake in the public room adjacent) So I must now take the role of the barkeep and say TIME!

What do we have?

Some ideas and a whole lot of holes.  So here goes.

We start off at the pit stop at the Jarbin Castle, Nizaw, Oman. Teams arrived just as the sun is setting at 5:21PM so we estimate that the teams would arrive and then will leave we think after a much needed 36-hour pit stop:

1. The Old Times         Arrive at 5:00PM        Leave at 5:00AM

2.  MO/JO                  Arrive at 5:30PM        Leave at 5:30AM

3.  RaYolanda             Arrive at 6:15PM        Leave at 6:15AM

4.  BeachBoys             Arrive at 7:00PM        Leave at 7:00AM

5.  Hippies                  Arrive at 8:00PM        Leave at 8:00AM, but first they have to beg for money!!!!

It is 151 miles as the crow flies from Nizwa to Muscat, so we have a lot of time to fill in before we have flights leaving Muscat for Perth.  What do they do (beside chase after the attractive girls?)  So perhaps their first clue will send them back to Muscat and then do some task in Muscat which we have not really seen as teams just went through the airport and then drove to Sur.  This is a usual pattern for TAR, so lets say they have to locate some out of the way place or find some strange business to secure their next clue. (will research Muscat again to see if there is some really unique place for them to go to)This clue will finally tell them to fly from Oman to Perth, Australia and when they land they must make their way to Kings Park to find their next clue

The most obvious flight leaves at 8:40PM and connects through Dubai UAE. Once there they could run into trouble going throgh customs or what not and miss the first connecting flight which would get them to Perth at 5:25PM.  And since the sun does not set until 7:00PM we have some more time to fill until we have the teams in Fremantle looking for a place to sleep and the town around the Chanber of Commerce really looks deserted and would you be looking for a place to sleep early in the evening. If they do arrive at 5:25PM, they may be hung up in customs and immigration for say an hour and a half (which happened in ep 5 when they were going through Rome on the way to Palermno. This all came out in Phil's blog later so it could happen again in Perth, especially since the plane is coming from UAE.)

So it may be, the teams miss the early connecting flight and do not get to Perth until the next flight arrives at 12:15AM. The teams get cabs and go to Kings Park, find the clue envelope which sends them to the Rottnest Ferry in Fremantle and then proceed to the Tourist Bureau in Thompson's Bay for their next clue.  When they get there they find the truely unique BUNCH POINT and learn that the first ferry does not leave until 7:30AM

Teams now look for a place to sleep, the streets are deserted in the early morning, we hear MO saying "where can we find a hotel" (Look next door, sweetheart) The Old Timers find the Old Firestation Youth Hostel. 

Come 7:30 all five teams are on the Eagle Express for Rottnest Island.  When they get to the Tourist Bureau the next clue tells them to rent bikes next door and then pedal to the highest point on the island and find the Wadjemup Hill Lighthouse. A biKe ride of about 3 miles and should only take 20 minutes at the most.  We have all five teams on bikes but none seem to be together so somehow everyone is lost or maybe it takes awhile for some teams to master the art of riding "bicylcles built for two"  We are pretty sure that MO/JO head off for the wrong lighthouse and fall almost an hour behind the others. 

When the arrive at the Lighthouse (exhausted!) the find their next clue.  DETOUR.  Task one:  DIVE. Proceed to Salmon Point, put on bathing suits and snorkle gear and then swim out into Salmon Bay and proceed to dive and retreave sea life off the ocean floor (one or more of what we do not know).  Task two: DRAG.  Collect a number of dead bushes and drag them to the beach to form a signal fire.  When the fire is burning you will receive your next clue.

We see the Beach Boys and MO/JO (oh, what a wonderful shot of MO, can we have more, please, please?) and we have Tyler and probably BJ dragging dead bushes.  The Old Timers and RaYolanda are missing at the Detour.

After completing the Detour, teams are instructed to bike back to the ferry and return to Fremantle and then locate the old Fremantle Jail.

This may be wishful thinking but can the Hippies complete all this and bike to and from the Salmon Bay location and still make the 9:30AM ferry back to Fremantle????? The timing arrived at by shadow studies seem to say that they did. So they now have gone from pennyless last to first.  The other teams may not even make it back to Thompson's Bay to catch the 10:30AM ferry and therefore all end up in the Tea Room having a sit down (what's that?) lunch served for them. And do not leave until the 2:30PM ferry.

Meanwhile back in Fremantle when the teams arrive and locate the old jail (here we have The Old Timers really lost and frustrated and on the verge of losing it???)  Arriving at the jail they find their next clue the dreaded ROADBLOCK. Who is good at searching and finding??  Search first for a special Iron Key, then find the jail cell that the key opens for the next clue. Tyler, of course, so he gets into protective gear, descends 20 meters down a verticle steel ladder into the tunnels under the jail. He must walk a bit, get into a small canoe and row along an underground river, find the key, then return up the steel ladder into the cell blocks and search among hundreds of old cells for the door that the key will open.

Later we have Yolanda, Jeremy and Mo in the tunnels or trying keys.  The Old Timers are no where to be found.  Tyler is off looking through doors ahead of the crowd,  MO seems to be second and JO is calling out clues to her. 

When the teams find the right jail cell, they will get the final clue directing them about one mile to the famous Fremantle landmark, The Round House which built in 1830 was the first jail for convicts being transported to Australia, and is now the oldest public building in the state.  This is the Eighth Pit Stop in a race around the world and the last team to check in here MAY BE ELIMINATED.

First:  The Hippies who without money or baggage go from Last to First.
Second:  MO/JO just miss out on an exotic trip once again
Third: The Beach Boys keeping in the middle of the pack
Fourth and Fifth:  Pick 'em: RaYolanda or The Old Timers.

Time, Gentlemen.

Offline mcalpine9

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #219 on: April 26, 2006, 02:27:57 PM »
Well done ! :jam:

Just one comment - the photo of Barry wandering in Perth was estimate to be about 1pm or so.  So they could not have been on the 2:30pm ferry.

Offline mcalpine9

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #220 on: April 26, 2006, 02:28:46 PM »
not Perth - Wandering in Fremantle I mean.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #221 on: April 26, 2006, 02:30:37 PM »
 :jam: thank you Gman , also I don't know that Monica is doing the Roadblock ? Maybe I'm not seeing her ?

Offline bethgio33

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #222 on: April 26, 2006, 02:49:39 PM »
Puddin--I'm hoping and praying you can find some pics for next weeks episode!!!    :please:

Hard decision on elimination- Fran & Barry or Ray & Yolanda????  I just can't decide!!

Offline mcalpine9

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #223 on: April 26, 2006, 02:56:35 PM »
Hippies - Likely winners
E/J - Seen in Alaska
FranBerry - Still have to skydive
Mojo - In Episode 10

That leaves Ray and Yolanda unaccounted for.

Offline bethgio33

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #224 on: April 26, 2006, 03:00:18 PM »
That makes a lot of sense, unless Barry was throwing that comment about skydiving in there about something they did after the race, but I don't see Fran skydiving on her own free will.  lol  I'm going with Ray & Yo.

Thanks mcalpine9!