Author Topic: EP9 Title:Do you Know how much Running I Did today, Phil?  (Read 56400 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP9 Title:Do you Know how much Running I Did today, Phil?
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2006, 04:26:21 PM »
Puddin

I think the key is to let them out or their team member in.

It reminds me of the detour in Season 7 with the Castle.  One team member waited by a lock gate, teh other scaled the castle retrieved the key and then went and let the other player in or through part of the prison.

We have Joseph outside a cell waiting It doesn't look like he preforms this one (And I do believe we have footage of Monica). 

desperado

« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2006, 04:28:10 PM »
MoJo:" pay attention " " Stop yelling at me Biatch "  :meow: lolol..he wouldn't dare would he..?? I hope she didn't cause a spill since he appears to be having a serious meltdown when they are off the bike.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2006, 04:43:23 PM »
Nothing special, just a pretty aerial picture of Rottnest Island.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 05:26:59 PM by Boingo »

desperado

« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2006, 04:51:46 PM »
Puddin

I think the key is to let them out or their team member in.

It reminds me of the detour in Season 7 with the Castle.  One team member waited by a lock gate, teh other scaled the castle retrieved the key and then went and let the other player in or through part of the prison.

We have Joseph outside a cell waiting It doesn't look like he preforms this one (And I do believe we have footage of Monica). 

That may be it mswood. They have to go find the key that will allow them to "spring" their teamate who is being "held" in one of the prison cells, hence The Great Escape.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2006, 05:03:39 PM »
but then whats the roadblock ?
I only see one from each team in the prison but two doing the dive detour MoJo/ Eric & Jeremy
and Joseph sure looks like hes holding a red ticket , I think they have to break themselves out of the prison through a series of finding the clues i.e. the key .

desperado

« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2006, 05:11:02 PM »
 :jumpy: I think you've got it puddin. Does anybody know if Fran ever made it out of the dungeon?  :lol3:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2006, 05:52:35 PM »
thanks puddin for including my stuffs  :woohoo:

« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 05:55:53 PM by banzai »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2006, 06:13:33 PM »
 :jumpy: are you kiddin banzai ..your the BOMB  :jam:

what a pain in the butt that was to put together ! , lol I thought it would be easy .

Hey banzai  :flirt: ? do you feel like moving some of the next Aussie leg 10 stuff to the other thread ? we could get ahead with the info we have .

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2006, 06:46:27 PM »
nice shot of Tylers watch ( keeps fingers crossed that banzai captures this !)

I got the vhs resolution  :(  I can't see anything, sorry puddin

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2006, 06:52:19 PM »
nice shot of Tylers watch ( keeps fingers crossed that banzai captures this !)

I got the vhs resolution  :(  I can't see anything, sorry puddin
I guess it doesn't matter , its probably really early , sure would like to know what Tyler is doing ? I hope they don't have to dig in the sand for a clue  :lol3:

thanks banzai :yaya:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2006, 08:04:57 PM »
Was wondering about the curved white line on the right of this picture...

Is that a string to tether the clue to the ocean floor, or are they in an aquarium (I know, unlikely, but...)?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2006, 10:04:22 PM »
just cause  ( Boingo I like your picture from the sky  :waves: )

« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 10:37:35 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2006, 11:37:36 PM »
with banzai's new video dowload I'm 98% sure this is RaYolanda ( click the small vidcaps for a larger version )

.com/view/?pic=w8m3wh]
.com/view/?pic=w8me75]
any chance of getting a shadow time Chateau ?

( view from Wadjemup lighthouse)

sorry I suck at google earth  :'(
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 12:54:16 AM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2006, 02:00:44 AM »
This shot was taken between 9:04 and 9:59 am  (assumes November 23rd)

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline mcalpine9

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2006, 07:04:31 AM »
If Chateau is correct about the 8:18 am - 9:01am time for BJ and TYler then Boingo must be mistaken about BJ and TYler leaving Rottnest at that time. The 1st ferry only arrives at the island at 8:00am.

If Fran and Barry were observed walking around in Fremantle between 1:09 and 1:18 pm it means that they got the 10:30 am ferry back to the mainland. According to Turt one team came through earlier than the other teams - could it be Fran And Barry who came through 4 hours earlier than the other 3 teams ? (difference between 10:30 and 2:30pm ferries). Could it be that BJ and Tyler were also on the 10:30 am ferry but weren't noticed? ???

Offline mcalpine9

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2006, 08:23:08 AM »
If we assume that Boingo is correct and that Chataeu was mistaken then the critical question is - was the BJ and Tyler photo taken before or after 10:30 am?

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2006, 09:32:09 AM »
FWIW, Boingo never predicted a time for the photo.  He just posted the photo saying it was BJ&T running (on the jetty) towards the ferry on Rottnest Island.  Others have attributed the time of day through mystical calculations.  :snicker:  Boingo is not able to divine such information from mere shadows.   ;D

I love talking about myself in the third person.  :lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2006, 10:09:08 AM »

Updated !!
Thank You so much Chateau d if  :jam:
( still in the works )

:bar:
Clue on the drive to the airport, another team picks up a hitchhiker and takes some time to conduct international relations.

All of the teams but one sit anxiously on their plane waiting to take off hoping that the duo straggling behind will not make it in time . Will they ?
Teams travel to Australia and must ride a bicycle built for two in order to receive their next clue
Spoiler Clue  
There were about 4 teams noticed by staff. One of those teams has been given a fine because they had concealed food on them, they were trying to take chicken sandwiches off the airoplane.
Another team ( that had no money) was reprimanded for pushing to the front of the lines in customs.

Slowhatch Clue
a sighting by an Avis employee of a racer ("blonde chick"=Monica) and a mention of two places: Rottnest and Kings Park.

teams fly to Perth
they grab a room " The Pleasure Dome " , probably because an equalizer/hours of operation ( spec )
Fremantle Chamber of Commerce Building, 16 Phillimore Street. ( thanks Boingo!)

Next morning teams grab the Eagle Express and make their way to Rottnest Island 

( thanks banzai & Boingo )

Bike Task

Clue  However, what should have been a fun three-mile bike ride turns into a heated argument for one team.
Spoiler Clues There was a flurry of activity at the bike hire shop - where employees had also been silenced - and lots of running around Rotto streets, said onlookers.

when they get there, they have to rent some bicycles at the Rottnest Bike Hire shop. It's located next to the Rottnest Hotel ( thanks banzai )
Update
Chateau d if   :jam:
This shot was taken between 9:04 and 9:59 am  (assumes November 23rd)
.com/view/?pic=w8m3wh]

RaYolanda
  Barry & Fran
  MoJo:" pay attention " " Stop yelling at me Biatch "
  E&J?
  Lighthouse Wadjemup hill. ( thanks banzai & Slowhatch!):bar:
Detours 
Dive to retrive clue ? and whatever Tyler is doing

E&J
? Mojo( thanks banzai!)

Tyler moving a bush? something near the water ( note the small posts sticking out of the ground )

Boingo :BJ&T have finished their tasks on Rottnest Island
Chateau d if:This picture was taken between 8:18  and 9:01 am (assumes November 22nd)

Spoiler Clue The Rottnest Tearooms were charged with feeding the hungry visitors lunch, serving up biscuits, drinks and meat and salad rolls.
"It was pretty exciting", a tearoom spy said. "One of them ran around the back and asked our head chef where Fremantle Prison was

on the way back to the ferries, they stop by the Rottnest Tearooms Bar and Cafe in Thompson Bay on Colebatch Avenue ( thanks banzai)
Roadblock / Prison Break
tv clueweds on the Amazing race australia's most fearsome prison forces the teams to make a GREAT ESCAPE 
 Phil:   on the next episode of the amazing Race teams travel to the remote western coast of Australia , where they navagate abandoned tunnels beneath the 19th century prison
Turt Turt
i love the hipies and i know most of u do to but i work at a shoe shop were the pit stop was in australia in fremantle and i saw four teams run to the old jail which is the pit stop and i didnt see the hippies go past 

that is correct there were four teams at freo and only three came up to me in the afternoon but there was apparantley another team that came throuugh in the morning but i dint see them but i asked 2 weeks ago ,to someone i work with what did they look like and they said a couple in there late 30's which means it must be lake and michelle 

Tyler ( has a key )
  Joseph with Red clue in hand

Jeremy
  ?? Fran? I dunno?
  Yolanda

Bianca Spoiler :   “Take this FWIW - I was talking to someone who saw TAR being filmed in Perth, and they said they saw an old couple walking around Fremantle with a cameraman, sound guy etc. They speculate they were around 50-60yrs old. They think it was a male/female couple or possibly male/male (they aren't completely sure, as they only got a glimpse of them). They couldn't remember what clothes/colours they were wearing.”

Boingo : Barry running past Fremantle Town Hall. 

Chateau d if  This shot was taken between 1:09 and 1:18 pm (assumes November 23rd)

" hell theres no easy task "
( cityhall / thanks sups! )

Extra

[/color] rotto map ( thanks Boingo )
  ( thanks Sups! )

Excellent map of Australia. Thanks to Microsoft. according to this spoiler:
http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm23.showMessage?topicID=6156.topic ( thanks banzai!)

Rottnest island map ( thanks banzai ! )
Supsandalee : Just throwing this out there. Round House is a landmark in Fremantle
Since the clues mention planes... The Oman tasks were done on Nov 20th. Assuming teams are flying from Muscat to Perth here is the schedule for Nov 21st. No matter which flight teams get on they all connect to the same flight in Dubai and arrive togther. I do wonder how one team could get behind the others with these late afternoon flights (unless the flight was just full). It is a long flight in which teams would arrive at 5:25 p.m. on Nov 22nd. This fits well with the Nov 23rd sightings and the fact that we see teams finding a hotel for the night in Fremantle.

Depart      Arrive          Carrier/Flight              Stop/Connex     Trip Time
8:40pm     5:25pm+1    EK 6469* / 0420         DXB 5:00 hrs.   16:45 hrs.
10:15pm   5:25pm+1    NL 0392 / EK 0420       DXB 3:35 hrs.   15:10 hrs.
11:55pm   5:25pm+1    LX 0243 / EK 0420       DXB 1:40 hrs.   13:30 hrs.
11:55pm   5:25pm+1    WY 5243* / EK 0420    DXB 1:40 hrs.   13:30 hrs.

The ferry schedule from Fremantle to Rottnest Island is below. It takes aprrox. 30 minutes to cross. All teams should depart Fremantle together and arrive on the island around 8 a.m. If a team can rent their bike, pedal to the lighthouse to get a clue, complete a detour (snorkel or ?) and return to the ferry by 10:30 a.m. they could have a huge lead on teams since the next ferry doesn't leave until 4 hours later! Perhaps they have more to do on the island to prevent any team from finishing that early? Having to wait for the 2:30 ferry would explain why they have time to sit and have lunch at the tearoom.

Depart Fremantle         
7:30a.m, 9:30a.m., 11:30a.m., 3:30p.m.

Depart Rottnest Island
8:15a.m., 10:30a.m., 2:30p.m., 4:00p.m., 4:30p.m.

For reference, if anybody needs it (following on links provided by Sups  :tup:):
  • Rotto settlement and island maps
  • Freo map
  • Perth Airport arrival board; there's a shuttle to Fremantle but I don't know if it operates in the early morning.
http://www.savefile.com/projects/447144

:woohoo: Tv preview during the Survivor is up

Webclues
Webclues ~
On the drive to the airport , one team picks up a hitchhiker and takes some time to conduct international relations .
A Rivalry between two teams heats up after one duo tells the other that the next opportunity they get to use the yield against them they will.
All of the teams but one sit anxiously on their plane waiting to take off hoping that the duo straggling behind will not make it in time . Will they 

Press Release
press release

A FIERCE RIVALRY BETWEEN TWO TEAMS STARTS TO HEAT UP WHILE RACING THROUGH AUSTRALIA
"Do You Know How Much Running I Did Today, Phil?" --
A fierce rivalry between two teams starts to heat up when one duo tells the other that at the next opportunity to use the Yield, they will use it against them.
Teams travel to Australia and must ride a bicycle built for two in order to receive their next clue.
However, what should have been a fun three-mile bike ride turns into a heated argument for one team.
Meanwhile, on the drive to the airport, another team picks up a hitchhiker and takes some time to conduct international relations.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 09:43:20 AM by puddin »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2006, 10:21:09 AM »
edit:
if that is a small lake and not a bay, and if we can get some shadows, then Chauteau can calculate the time. There's only 1 small swamp and a small lake on the way to the lighthouse.

Fran/Barry or Mojo ???
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 11:05:14 AM by banzai »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2006, 10:22:30 AM »
It's pretty obvious that BJT are the team that came through early ( lol , couple in their 30's mistaken for Lake & Michelle ? what do they drink for breakfast downunder ? :lol3: )

(IMDB Link , you have to register )

LOL boingo  :lol3: and thank you  x's = 100,000000000000 Chateau  :woohoo:

update, Turt adds his 2 cents ( take it for what its worth )
by - TurT_AlerT 7 hours ago (Sun Apr 23 2006 00:42:15)  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fran and barry get eliminated in perth.

the reason to that is because it is relly hard to get a taxi around perth and you normally have to ring up for one and fran and bary do not attempt to do that they just go around the streets looking for one which makes them fall behind.
and i do know some places they go to the, old prison,rottnest, the bell tower and the harbour.
the old prison is in fremantle
rottnest is a island 18 km from fremantle harbour
and the harbour is 2.5 km from the prison which have faries going to rottnest every 2 hours.
bell tower is situated in the city of perth
rottnest have many activities they will probally do for the detour such as there is a bike riding tours where you ride around the island on a bike riding path which is about a 10 km ride and the other detour would probally be the golfing challenge which is a driving range a bit like season 7 finale.
the pitstop will either be the old historicall prison or the rottnest lodge which is one of the best hotels in western australia
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 10:28:07 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2006, 10:57:01 AM »
Could be the pitstop? just spec .

The Swan Bell Tower 
There are six floors in the Swan Bell Tower, the top being the observation deck which overlooks the Swan River and the city. The tower is surrounded by an artificial lake with water features. The footpath from Barrack Street is directly adjacent to the water feature.
The Swan Bell Tower, one of Perth's main tourist attractions, is 82.5 metres tall and contains the 12 bells of St. Martin-in-the-Fields Church in London. They were originally cast in the 14th century, and then recast in the 16th century by Elizabeth I. The Swan Bell Tower is situated on the Barrack Street Jetty, overlooking the Swan River and is a major landmark on the city skyline.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 01:00:04 PM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2006, 11:44:37 AM »
I estimate that Fran and Barry arrived at the pit stop at about just before sunset time which would be around 4:30PM; if they only have to rest for 12 hours, they would or might or could make the Oman Air flight no. 607 which leaves Muscat at 6:30AM and conncects in Dubai and arrives in Perth at 12:15AM! the next morning (November 22)  If the other teams can't fly out of Muscat until the early evening (what do they do all day?) and arrive in Perth not until 5:35PM the next day (November 22), the Old Timers would be almost 17 hours ahead of the bunch.  Maybe this is why we don't see much of them in the previews!!

Tyler has an iron key to a jail cell; Jo is holding the red roadblock clue in the same location.  So it looks like the Roadblock is to locate a certain jail cell and open it. (Shades of China and the locks on the fence!!)  Question: does "the find the jail cell" come before or after the trip through the tunnels under the prison in Fremantel??

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2006, 12:25:26 PM »
Yet another picture of the Eagle Express parked in Fremantle Harbour.    ;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2006, 12:52:16 PM »
I estimate that Fran and Barry arrived at the pit stop at about just before sunset time which would be around 4:30PM; if they only have to rest for 12 hours, they would or might or could make the Oman Air flight no. 607 which leaves Muscat at 6:30AM and conncects in Dubai and arrives in Perth at 12:15AM! the next morning (November 22)  If the other teams can't fly out of Muscat until the early evening (what do they do all day?) and arrive in Perth not until 5:35PM the next day (November 22), the Old Timers would be almost 17 hours ahead of the bunch.  Maybe this is why we don't see much of them in the previews!!

Tyler has an iron key to a jail cell; Jo is holding the red roadblock clue in the same location.  So it looks like the Roadblock is to locate a certain jail cell and open it. (Shades of China and the locks on the fence!!)  Question: does "the find the jail cell" come before or after the trip through the tunnels under the prison in Fremantel??

I dunno Gman , maybe you missed this clue ?
webclue
All of the teams but one sit anxiously on their plane waiting to take off hoping that the duo straggling behind will not make it in time . Will they?

I'm going to leave Turt a message , maybe he can tell us how far apart the 3 teams he saw were or what order .
 :tup:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 12:58:32 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2006, 01:30:02 PM »
any educated guess's on the sun on Barrys head ?  :-\