Author Topic: EP8 Title: 'Here Comes the Bedouin! '  (Read 43886 times)

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: EP8 Title: 'Here Comes the Bedouin! '
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2006, 10:18:18 AM »
Please forgive me if it's been mentioned already.  Is Oman (Omar?) the country or a city in a country.  If it's a city, which country is it in?

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2006, 10:28:09 AM »
Please forgive me if it's been mentioned already.  Is Oman (Omar?) the country or a city in a country.  If it's a city, which country is it in?

Oman is a country in the middle east. The capital is Muscat and there are pics of teams in Muscat and Sur (another city in Oman). Don't feel bad. I had to look at a map of the middle east when Oman was first announced. Watching TAR can be a great geography lesson!!
 :jumpy:

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2006, 11:09:26 AM »
Thanks supsandalee, I appreciate it, and I love the map.  It's a big help. :hugs: :jumpy: :bny6:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2006, 03:33:31 PM »
My browser or server or whatever must have indulged in too much Easter candy yesterday  :bny6: :bny6: because I am having one hellva time trying to get into this board and then when I do stay on long enough to do something before the damn thing freezes up on me.  Anyway:

We have hint that the other part of the DETOUR may relate to something the viewer doesn't do on an everyday basis when you can just pop down to the corner 7/11.  If it were brewing coffee I guess they would have said the local Starbucks. So it may be they have to find a local well, draw enough water to fill several jugs, and then carry them on mule back (naw they did that in TAR6 or 7) on camel back to the local village center.  OR, it could just be shop for a list of stuff in a local flee market.

More digging in the sand.  We're starting to run out of unique ideas.  I wonder if they have to find another scarabaeus in one of the piles of sand?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2006, 06:02:22 PM »
hmm remember TAR7 they had to deliver tea to a certain person in a building ? Naw ,Sur / Ayjah area doesn't look anything like India ? Whatever the other detour is my guess is Fran & Barry take it and they do well maybe pass a team or two ?

now about he times , Chateau estimates Ray  & Monica at the tower in Ayjah at between 11:25 am and 11:42 am
banzai estimates the time of RaYolanda running along the beach with the benches at 12:25
My question , Now are RaYolanda already done with whatever detour it is they chose ?and on there way to the next clue leading them to the Roadblock?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 12:43:00 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2006, 07:09:35 PM »
Just thinking about that.  They are definitely apart from the rest (from the getting off the boat shot).  And there is that clip of them leaping over the bench just to get to something straight ahead of them.  The way it is filmed suggests the presence of a zone cameraman.  It's not the kind of angle that their tag-along camera crew could get.  So it is probably a cluebox with number tickets for who knows what?  The 4 teams getting off the boat is on the other side so, logically, Ray & Yolanda have not taken that ride yet.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2006, 07:23:19 PM »
But we see Ray & Mo running up to the Fort in the same frame so maybe they are on the same boat or ?

these are the pictures I was talking about

Barry has lots of mounds of sand not dug through yet

BJ's are almost all dug and he even says so ,so Barry might just be ahead of BJT at the roadblock ?

also while going through frames , maybe this is one of those Oasis's I saw in my travels around Oman ? Lots of palmtrees & a fort in the distance .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2006, 07:29:21 PM »
Nizwa would be a good place to start for the fort/oasis

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2006, 07:41:11 PM »
long shot , link

Ibri Fort and City 16 April 2004

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2006, 07:59:26 PM »

Nizwa is good a guess as any, puddin.  The pointy structure (behind Tyler) could be the "single" minaret of the Nizwa Mosque, and the date palms behind BJ are ubiquitous in the Nizwa area.    But, sand pretty much can be found anywhere in Oman.   :snicker:   Good luck looking.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2006, 08:01:33 PM »
There's a tourist oasis called Nahar that's 3 km off the Muscat-Sur inland road, but there's not many markers in the caps to place the dig anyplace in particular. As far as the camels go, I can't believe they would make the racers drive very far with their loads: maybe 100 miles tops.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2006, 08:39:32 PM »
Puddin, I haven't seen the video but is there a chance that is Jo running up the fort and not Ray? :dunno:

I'm kind of confused on how things supposedly go in Sur. Can anyone help me sort these out?

Teams drive to Sur and run to cluebox?
Clue instructs them to take a boat to one of the forts (maybe they have to search to find out which one)?
Cluebox in the fort is detour choices?
Do teams have to boat back to the other side to do the camel detour?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2006, 09:02:02 PM »
Puddin has the video; she says the camera pans from the watchtower down to the camel loading area. It's probably in the niche between the first and second towers. The cluebox could be on either side of the creek, but the teams are definitely running into the tower for something.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2006, 09:48:20 PM »
Let me try to get a clearer shot of Ray

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2006, 10:05:19 PM »
Is that Ray running into the tower? Ray looks like he's wearing a sleeveless t-shirt.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2006, 10:12:49 PM »
but I see black pants and a beanie  :lol: , maybe his shirt sleeve is blowing ?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2006, 10:40:54 PM »
I think he likes the sleveless to show off his tattoo, which is probably a modified family crest.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2006, 10:50:50 PM »
so who will talk about the laws in oman saying you need to have on a shirt and pants during this episode?  :lol: my money is on frats

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2006, 11:04:32 PM »
But but he looks Black and Jo doesn't wear a cap
OK fine , if you all think its Jo then  :tup: , once I thought Lori was Yolanda  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2006, 11:28:58 PM »
Monica

add Tylers background at the Roadblock
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 11:34:38 PM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2006, 08:53:30 AM »
Well Puddin you make a really good case for that being Ray. Jo is also wearing a grey t-shirt and black pants. If that is a black beanie or cap it's def. Ray but it could just be Jo's dark hair. I duh-no. And I honestly can't tell if it is a white or black person. Note that Monica is pointing. She could be telling Jo where to go to get access to the tower.

If it is Ray then I agree with your first thought that when they are jumping over the benches they have completed the detour. That would mean it took them approx 1 hour to complete the detour and get back to their car. Since we don't see teams with any backpacks and we have shots of them driving, I suspect that they are instructed to lock bags in their car when they arrive in Sur. The detour starts and finishes on the fort side and teams must take the boat back when finished and go back to their cars to head for the roadblock? Otherwise, behind the scene crews would have to move their cars (which we know they have done before).

Maybe Raylonda are in the lead this week since previews made sure to show us they are in trouble.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2006, 09:35:39 AM »
I think its Joseph , Slowhatch pointed out the sleeves ..I wish we had sharper images  :bny2:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: April 18, 2006, 10:38:24 AM »
I wish we had sharper image :bny2:

u need the sharper image? sure thing

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #148 on: April 18, 2006, 11:37:58 AM »
Well Puddin you make a really good case for that being Ray. Jo is also wearing a grey t-shirt and black pants. If that is a black beanie or cap it's def. Ray but it could just be Jo's dark hair. I duh-no. And I honestly can't tell if it is a white or black person. Note that Monica is pointing. She could be telling Jo where to go to get access to the tower.

If it is Ray then I agree with your first thought that when they are jumping over the benches they have completed the detour. That would mean it took them approx 1 hour to complete the detour and get back to their car. Since we don't see teams with any backpacks and we have shots of them driving, I suspect that they are instructed to lock bags in their car when they arrive in Sur. The detour starts and finishes on the fort side and teams must take the boat back when finished and go back to their cars to head for the roadblock? Otherwise, behind the scene crews would have to move their cars (which we know they have done before).

Maybe Raylonda are in the lead this week since previews made sure to show us they are in trouble

So where do the teams drive the camels in their pickup trucks?

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: April 18, 2006, 12:00:36 PM »

Maybe Raylonda are in the lead this week since previews made sure to show us they are in trouble

So where do the teams drive the camels in their pickup trucks?

I duh no! I'm so confused!!! :doh:  :crazy:
If it's a round-trip thingy maybe they have to deliver the camel and bring back something else (like a trade or something). Ok, I'm reaching.
The question is if the detour ends elsewhere what happened to their backpacks???