Author Topic: Top 9: Next ONE out?  (Read 14670 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Top 9: Next ONE out?
« on: April 03, 2006, 04:30:05 AM »

:yaya: VOTE for the ONE contestant you think will say :bye:
Then post who will have the next lowest votes. 
You can wait until after their performances if you want!  8)

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
Re: Top 9: Next ONE out?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 08:23:23 AM »
I'm stil fairly sure Bucky will be in the bottom three and he mightt actually be going home. I just hope he wins immunity!
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 08:59:54 AM »
You like Bucky?? YUCK!!!

Its country music this week, so he will probalby do ok, but who knows!!

Rob

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 09:12:43 AM »
Rob, it was a joke! Reread it.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 09:34:41 AM »
LOL, I am at work, and read it quickly!!! LOL

sorry, its been a long weekend, and its too freaking early in the morning with this stupid time change!!! Darn city people wanting to save daylight!! LOL

Rob

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 09:40:10 AM »
I'm all for the time change. I wish they didn't set it back in the fall.

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 01:11:28 PM »
I hope it's Ace.  I'm so tired of watching that boy band wannabe giving that puppy eyed look and reaching out his arm.  GAWD.....be more original!!!  :groan:

PenguinsDance

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 04:54:09 PM »
I hope it's Ace.  I'm so tired of watching that boy band wannabe giving that puppy eyed look and reaching out his arm.  GAWD.....be more original!!!  :groan:

I agree 1000% !!!

:snicker:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 12:55:58 AM »
I agree about Ace altho I like his cool falsetto endings.  But you can't win with only that!   He's next to leave. 

Elliot and Bucky will have the next lowest votes.  Elliott has a good voice, but he's too tense.  He admitted he should be used to the lights, cameras etc by now. 

Hmmm...if Bucky's performance was as good as his country-ish look, he'd stand a chance.   

The K gals (Kath n' Kell) did the best overall tonite.  :tup:  ( Katharine better not be in the bottom 3 this week!!  I'll absolutely bawl if she is.  :'(    Her great performance tonite should boost her votes!  :tup:)

Taylor did purdy good, but not his best. I miss him moving around more. At first he was too wild with it, now he's toned it down too much.  C'mon Taylor...hit a happy medium with those moves and sing your heart out!
   I love Kenny Rogers music, btw!!  In fact, I love Kenny...always have!!!  :hearts:

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 02:36:35 AM »
I think it might be Taylor.  I haven't seen what the judges see in him.  His voice doesn't do anything for me.  I was happy that Bucky wore a hat tonight.  I don't like it when he wears his "Jessica Simpson" hair down with his mustache and eyebrows---that look freaks me out.  :lol:

My fave is still Chris.  I enjoyed his song tonight.  ;D

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 02:54:47 AM »
Yes, I like Chris too, BathFizzy.  You may've read my comments in the Chris Controversy thread where I said I loved his rendition of Walk the Line.  He is very talented, and I wouldn't have prob if he's the next AI.  The ones I like the least are Bucky, Ace, Elliott.  If any of the other 6 win...ok by me!  :hearts:

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 07:23:14 AM »
I hope it's Bucky or Paris who goes home. They are probaby my two least favorites left. I thought Ace did better last night, so maybe that will save him. I also liked Chris better.

Besides Taylor and Katharine, Elliott is one of my favorites.  I am worried for him though. I made calls for about an hour and a  half, and got through nearly every time. But at least he got my 100 votes.   :lol:

PenguinsDance

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 12:07:08 PM »
I also think Taylor may find himself in the bottom 3 tonight...along with Ace and Mandisa.  I don't care for Paris, but actually thought she did real good last night.  My favorites are Katharine and Chris.  :tup:  Katharine could end up bottom 3, but I hope not.  I will be upset too, Ruday, if she goes before Ace, Paris and Bucky.   :(

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 12:09:37 PM »
I had my kids last night so was not able to watch it. I am going to try to watch and do an article tonight. We'll see what hapens. LOL

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 07:27:46 PM »
Sorry it's been so long since my last review, tons of stuff going on and I'm trying to keep myself busy with the divorce pending. *sigh*
Anyway, without any further ado.

I've changed my rating system to a simple 1 - 3 star system. Either I hate it, it's okay or I love it.

Taylor Hicks - This certainly wasn't a great song choice and Taylor's rendition was rather boring. Perhaps in the country genre Taylor is out of his element? Randy says it was okay, Paula wasn't to pleased with it and Simon says it was safe, boring and lazy. No one was very impressed with it I guess. Everyone except the crown. Sometimes I really hate this crowd, they love to coddle the singers. Sorry Taylor, it was NOT a very good song. 2 stars

Simon Vs Ryan - In the first of two bouts tonight, Ryan quips that though Taylor sang safe, boring and lazy the same can be said of Simons love life. Simon didn't have much to say to that. Point Ryan.

Mandessa - She starts out bad at first, I really wasn't very impressed with it. She does get better as she goes along. I'll live with this rendition, though somewhat repetitive but it does show one thing, Mandessa is not a country singer. 2 stars

Simon Vs Ryan - In an attempt to provide more chit chat, Ryan asks for more comments out of Simon, Simon rebuffs Ryan for his out of place beard, and looking like he will be trying out for a part in desperate housewives. Ryan tries to come back with the same comment on what Simon wears. Point Simon.

Paula Vs Paula - Paula's struggle with herself begins here, is it me or is she off somewhat? Ryan asks if someone at the table has a flask? Hmmmmm

Elliott Yamin - Not a bad song, it's good for country though. Considering I was fairly bored with it, he must have done great. He does put emotion into his song so he brings the song up above what I'd normally rate it. 2 stars

Paris Bennett - I'm always expecting the best out of Paris but the past few weeks she's really let me down. Tonight was no exception. In the preview with Kenny she looked like she was going to do okay, but during the performance she really did bad, barely hitting any of the notes she should have. I do give her credit though, she can belt out some powerful notes, but if she can't do that when it's needed she won't last much longer. For once I agree with Paula, she was struggling. 1 star

Paula Vs Paula - Maybe it's the alcohol, I'm not sure but Paula fails to play to the crowd with Paris. Drinky drinky?

Ace Young - Another song that is very boring. Much as Simon agrees with later, I'm not a big country fan, but I do try to judge on the singing and not on the genre, sometimes I think Simon forgets to do that. Ace seriously does do a good job, though I've never been a big fan of his style. Randy agrees with me on this, though I hate how excited he gets. 2 stars

Paula Vs Paula - As the night goes on Paula seems to be less and less articulate. Either she's really on the booze, or she's taking lessons from Cole.

Kellie Pickler - From time to time I do occasionally find a country song that I like. Kellie has picked a song tonight that I actually like. It was really hard to hear anything wrong with it. She really gets into the song and her showmanship adds to the flavor of the song. Nice job. 3 stars

Chris Doughtry - Everyone complaining about Chris getting to much 'glitz' from the stagehands shouldn't have to much to complain about tonight. Chris sings a song tonight without much lighting, though the darker lighting does seem to add to the 'mood' of the song. I love what Simon says though, we at home DO deserve better. Thanks Simon. 3 stars

Paula Vs Paula - What is with her? She seemed sober after the last contestant, but suddenly she's incoherent again? This show cannot be live! Paula, STOP DRINKING DURING THE TAPING!

Katherine McPhee - Like Kellie, Katherine really gets into the song. Again, I may not like country but she sings this very well. Odd how Katherine is the first to discover that Simon does not like country. I could have told you that weeks ago. Back to Katherine, very well done. Looking forward to her singing again outside of a country song. 3 stars

Bucky - Even though I know the song he's singing, I still found it hard to understand at times. I'm not trying to be mean, but his singing gives me a headache. Paula thinks he shined, I'll just chalk that up to the booze. To his credit though, he does seem genuine in his efforts and attempts. He does seem to 'want it'. Unfortunately that isn't always good enough to advance. 1 star

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 01:21:07 AM »
Great critique, Jeff.   :thankyou:  The K gals & Chris were definitely the best & deserve your 3 stars.   :tup: :tup: :tup:
I hope the next genre will be easier for all of them next week & we'll see some much improved performances!  :jumpy:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 05:54:09 AM »
I was fairly happy I picked two of the three going out, but was shocked that Mandessa was out. Well, it just shows you have to bring you 'A' game all the time.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 06:28:52 AM »
Although I think Mandisa didn't do so well the last couple of weeks, not too many of the others did either. I wonder if her ouster, is more a fact that her fanbase might have gotten overconfident, and let up a little bit on calling in votes.

I wanted either Bucky or Paris out, so I made calls for all the others. When I didn't get through after 2 or 3 times for Mandisa, I quit trying, and concentrated my votes mostly for Elliott, who I felt like was in trouble since I rarely got a busy signal for him!!!  :umn:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 09:31:32 AM »
I seriously wanted Bucky out, so I called his number about 1,000 times or so to vote him out. The messages just told me, "Thank's for the vote" and hung up. So I had to keep trying. Oddly enough, I didn't have any problems ever getting through.

PenguinsDance

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006, 10:45:09 AM »
I seriously wanted Bucky out, so I called his number about 1,000 times or so to vote him out. The messages just told me, "Thank's for the vote" and hung up. So I had to keep trying. Oddly enough, I didn't have any problems ever getting through.

Makes you wonder who is REALLY making the decisions, huh?!?   ???  My daughter also called for about an hour straight for Bucky and got through just about every time.  Where did Lisa's votes go???  Where will Mandisa's votes go now???   :dunno:

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2006, 12:36:11 PM »

Makes you wonder who is REALLY making the decisions, huh?!?   

Votefortheworst.com  is asking everyone to vote for Kellie "What's a Ballsy" Pickler. 

Wonder if she'll make it to the end.  :snics: 
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2006, 01:26:03 PM »
saLmon

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2006, 02:07:39 PM »
the WB superstar
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2006, 06:03:08 AM »
It may just be a "southern" thing, but when they were taking issues with Kellie saying saLmon, my daughter says to me ..... "that's how you say it, isn't it?" And to be honest, that's how I say it too!!! Like Kellie said, it does have an "L" in it!!!  :lol3:

I'd say if Kellie is getting the VFTW vote, she is a lock for F2, because she already has a strong fan base!!!

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2006, 08:39:06 AM »
I agree, I think a lot of Mandesa's votes will go her way. I'm afraid unless Taylor does a fantastic show next week, he is going to start getting himself into trouble.