Author Topic: TAR moving to Wednesday at 8:00 E/T  (Read 5353 times)

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
TAR moving to Wednesday at 8:00 E/T
« on: March 30, 2006, 05:43:52 PM »
Just read this:  TAR will be making a change (temporary?) to Wednesday night @ 8pm.  They will fill Tuesdays slot with another drama.  Here is the link for the story:  http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2006/03/the_amazing_rac.html

Thursday, March 30, 2006
"The Amazing Race'' makes a change
Charlie McCollum, 02:41 PM in Charlie McCollum, TV

Fans of "The Amazing Race'' haven't been too happy with the show or CBS this  season. First, the fall cycle of the reality show involved a "family'' version of the race that didn't click with viewers.

Then, for the current cycle, the series was moved to 10 p.m. Tuesdays where viewership slumped because a lot of the audience liked to watch "Race'' with their kids who were in bed by 10. (The fact it was up against "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit'' didn't help.)

So, to boost ratings, CBS announced on Thursday that starting next week, "Race'' will air at 8 p.m. Wednesday in front of "Criminal Minds'' and "CSI: NY.'' The competition won't be as tough either although Fox's "Bones'' and NBC's "Deal or No Deal'' have been doing pretty well in that time period.

The 10 p.m. Tuesday slot will be filled by repeats of CBS drama, probably police procedurals like the "CSI'' shows. The two freshman comedies that had been filling the 8 p.m. Wednesday hour -- "Out of Practice'' and "Courting Alex'' -- go to the bench for the foreseeable future, suggesting their chances of renewed are now down to about zero.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 01:17:39 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR to make change in lineup
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 05:56:31 PM »
OMG They are KILLING my favorite show  (:;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR moving to WENDSDAYS at 8:00 E/T
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 06:35:17 PM »
Thursday, March 30, 2006
"THE AMAZING RACE" TRAVELS TO A NEW DESTINATION WHEN IT RELOCATES TO WEDNESDAY, 8:00-9:00 PM, EFFECTIVE APRIL 5
Released by CBS

"THE AMAZING RACE" TRAVELS TO A NEW DESTINATION WHEN IT RELOCATES TO WEDNESDAY, 8:00-9:00 PM, EFFECTIVE APRIL 5

Rebroadcasts of Crime Dramas and Specials To Replace "Race" on Tuesdays

THE AMAZING RACE 9 travels to a new destination when it relocates to the Wednesday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) time period, effective April 5.

Rebroadcasts of CBS's hit crime dramas and specials will take over THE AMAZING RACE's current Tuesday (10:00-11:00 PM) time period beginning with CSI: MIAMI on April 4 and CSI on April 11.

CBS comedies OUT OF PRACTICE and COURTING ALEX will return to the schedule at a later date.

CBS's New Tuesday Lineup, Effective, April 4
8:00-9:00 PM NCIS
9:00-10:00 PM THE UNIT
10:00-11:00 PM Drama Rebroadcasts/Specials

CBS's New Wednesday Lineup, Effective April 5
8:00-9:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE 9 (New Time Period)
9:00-10:00 PM CRIMINAL MINDS
10:00-11:00 PM CSI: NY

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr.cgi?id=20060330cbs01

Offline PsychoJason

• RFF Full Member
  • youtube.com/RetroWinnipeg
    • Win with Dell
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 08:07:04 PM »
Now I'm wondering when Finish Line will air now...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 09:01:07 PM »
LOL maybe the webmonkeys will screw up this week and air the finish line BEFORE the show airs  :lol3:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 09:03:17 PM »
no the webmonkeys will give us the insider vids before the show airs ala fart finale  :lol3:

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 09:03:53 PM »
i'm glad they moved it ....better time slot
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline socklover123

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Survivor!!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 09:57:42 PM »
oh man oh man im glad it's at a new time, but i really don't like the fact that it's on wednesday. Tuesday is really programmed into my head, it'll be hard to get it out
i always said i could talk a fat guy out of his last bag of doritos

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 10:30:32 PM »
I'm dreaming, but I wish Judging Amy would come baaakk on Tuesdays!  TAR on Wed is ok for me, cuz there  isn't anything else I watch at 10pm.  Alias returns on Wed April 19 on ABC, probably at 8 or 9pm, so it won't conflict w/ TAR.  Bones & American Idol are the only shows i've been watching on Wed.  I hate it when shows are changed around, but in this case, it won't upset my apple cart for TAR on Weds!  :tup:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 10:33:05 PM »
i hate ill be missing ep7 and 8 live but ill just dvr them

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 08:11:23 PM »
I am i the only one excited for AR moving back to its original night [not time spot but today it would be killed in that 9:00 Wed time spot against Lost and American Idol]

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 12:17:15 AM »
Hmmm...so American Idol on Wed airs the same time as TAR.  That does upset my apple cart! >:(   I'll tape TAR and watch AI, but if it was AI's performance night, I'd tape AI. 
Oy.  Whata mess.  Dang cbs (:;)
If they had any sense, they'd put TAR in The Unit's slot on Tues and move Unit to Wed.  It isn't all that great anyway & I don't see it lasting.  It doesn't even hold a candle to TAR!! 
never0102, you're so right.  TAR is gonna die against AI and Lost !!  I don't watch Lost, but I sympathise with its fans.  :-\   

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 01:11:50 AM »
I am not thrilled that they move a show once it has aired as I am use to Tuesday nights being my TAR fix.  But I do welcome the earlier time as my kids love TAR as much as I do.  Now they can watch it at 8 p.m. on Wednesday's.  I am trying to think what time American Idol is on.  I hope they do not conflict but if there is, there is no question in my mind which one I would watch and which one I would tape.  Because if they have another disastrous nights of terrible song choices and mediocre singing--it will be easier to stomach when I fast forward the contestants right by.  Thank goodness for that fast forward button.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: TAR moving to Wednesday at 8:00 E/T
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 01:55:44 AM »
Hi Bathfizzy!  nice to cya!  :yaya:
Point well taken regarding fast forwarding the AI contestants on by...
or at least the bad ones!!  
I've enjoyed my first season of AI, but TAR by far surpasses it for great entertainment. 
Cool that you watch TAR with your kids and they really enjoy it!   :clap:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 01:59:33 AM by RudyRules »

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 02:25:35 AM »
Hello to you also Rudy  :waves: :waves: :waves: :waves:. I hope you are getting your reality show fix in each and every day.  Yeah my kids love TAR.  They don't get as fanatical as I do over the teams.  Their favourite team this year is the hippies.  They find them as funny as I do.  TAR definitely is entertaining and a great way to travel the world.  I already know that Italy will be on my list of places to definitely visit.  TAR also offers life lessons to my kids.  They see what happens when people are polite and vice versa when they are rude, etc..  My daughter already knows what kind of guys to stay away from---she learnt that from watching psycho Jonathan and Victoria as well as Rebecca and Adam and now Lake and Michelle.  And the best part is..... they know when they learn to drive... they will learn to drive automatic and stick shift as well.  I love driving a stick shift. vroom, vroom  :tup: :tup: ;D

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 03:16:34 AM »
Ya know Bathfizzy, I really hadn't given much thought to what kids can learn from TAR, cuz I didn't realize kids would be that interested in the show!  Mine are all grown, but your comments jog my memory of shows we allowed them to watch.  TAR would've definitely been one of them!  All of the Racers have given the viewers both good and bad examples of human behavior and how it affects other people.  It is truly a great show and certainly deserves all the awards won!  :jumpy:
             Cheers! :hearts: