Author Topic: EP7 Title : 'Herculean Effort for Some Herculean Dudes '  (Read 51103 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP7 Title : 'Herculean Effort for Some Herculean Dudes '
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2006, 09:58:22 PM »
I'm bored too , I watched Golf all day and did not see one pip for TAR
fwiw~ one of probably many Spagna entrance/exit's whatever

and a few useless ones that have no specific details
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 10:02:21 PM by puddin »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2006, 10:06:16 PM »
I'm bored too , I watched Golf all day and did not see one pip for TAR
fwiw~ one of probably many Spagna entrance/exit's whatever

and a few useless ones that have no specific details

wow puddin is a golf fan!!!  :lol: teal=sarcasim

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2006, 10:12:14 PM »
I like golf because of the scenary but today Kogs it bored me to death, beleive it or not basketball is more interesting to watch  :-\ , I cant beleive I admitted to that !! Also I recorde CBS all day , I'm rechecking to see if I missed anything " Needs a life "

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2006, 10:14:34 PM »
No, i'm more bored than you!     (:;)

Might have located the stairs to Barberini Station shown in this photo.  Rotated GE image to match photo's perspective.  Note there are two sets of stairs (larger forground and a distant background set.)  I'm guessing that these structures are stairs to the Metro.  Not many trees elsewhere near the Barberini Station.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2006, 10:29:55 PM »
Well I was so bored that I was looking for that darn "Dago Express " or whatever the heck that stupid boat says !!

I guess the times of day are out at the Canal ? darn rain  :knuckles:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2006, 10:55:26 PM »
just uploaded a clearer version. This time it's from cable TV source; no vhs; similar to the web promo
http://www.savefile.com/files/6347690

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2006, 11:07:45 PM »
nice banzai

hey do you think Mo is on a train ?

www.boostdam.net/.../ TrainAthensNafplio.html
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 11:16:41 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2006, 11:25:16 PM »
I thought the producers just improvised a playing field for the games (like they did with the tipi task), but the building may be something we can find.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2006, 11:34:38 PM »
lightened

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2006, 11:56:56 PM »
I think Mo cries near the bungee area :(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2006, 12:02:04 AM »
I think Mo cries near the bungee area :(

watch banzai it looks like shes not moving  but the scenary is , and the rain drops are on glass

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2006, 12:11:58 AM »
I thought the producers just improvised a playing field for the games (like they did with the tipi task), but the building may be something we can find.

Those may be ruins.  Look like partially reconstructed Greek columns or something. Could even be in ancient Olympia (but I doubt it).     :-\

some ruins in Olympia ancient Corinth     :angel:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 03:37:18 PM by Boingo »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2006, 12:31:28 AM »
that makes sense puddin
Italy is confirmed; I can read it now

I got the tv preview that has this shot; it's clearer; from cable tv source

http://www.filewire.com/download.php?id=ff8160d91c65b96a539bf48

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2006, 12:37:03 AM »
there's a train station near the bungee area

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2006, 12:44:53 AM »
http://www.boostdam.net/2003GREECE/TrainAthensNafplio.html

I see now. The train goes from Athens to Corinth and to Nafplio. So the pitstop could be in Nafplio. Good job puddin

just to add this to Neobies theory
  17 Nafplio Harbor or GALAXIDI

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2006, 12:45:49 AM »
You've been a busy Buckaroo !! :jumpy:

so tunnel or night time ?

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2006, 12:50:18 AM »
^^ because the muppet calls out my nick again  :jumpy: He gave me an energy boost.  :woohoo:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2006, 01:01:49 AM »
nice banzai

hey do you think Mo is on a train ?

www.boostdam.net/.../ TrainAthensNafplio.html

her cap is torned and I don't know if it is after or before the bungee jump. I have to check tomorrow.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2006, 01:05:39 AM »
 :lol: lol , your funny ( thanks again banzai , i didn't realize my train link was broken )

some sort of wall ( those are my white lines )

real telephone poles ?

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2006, 01:13:59 AM »

this clue is very important. If her jacket got torned after the bungee jump, it means they take the train to the pitstop

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2006, 01:17:39 AM »
Look at the first four cities in this Classic Greek Tour.  Athens, Corinth, Nafplio, Olympia, etc.   hmm...coincidence?

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2006, 11:29:54 AM »
  I think there's a bus on the bridge. I don't know if it's a tourist bus or the crew bus

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2006, 11:35:15 AM »
do you guys think there could be an Elim Leg with a Fast Forward ? ( What I'm tryimg to figure out is if Oman might be the NEL or not ? Can you imagine begging in the desert ? )
anyway lets look at the clues again

Were almost sure of a few things ,
Rome ( DaVinci Code task by all teams , I assume so)
Teams go to Athens ( detour in Athens ? not sure of the other option )
Fran is ascared at the Roadblock ( Corinth Canal Bungee )
TPTB are hiding Eric & Jeremy from the Detour & Roadblock ( it just maybe they are light years ahead of the other teams , we know that in at least one preview a week they hide at least on team for whatever reason ?)

the clues sure sound like they are in order
I know last leg we had " One Duo gets lost on the way to the Roadblock and ends up at the Pitstop instead, will this mistake jeopardize their position in the race?" and they did , what the show didn't show us was that MoJo came to the pitstop before the Roadblock as well as L&M but much later ,which made the clues in order .

TEAMS PARTICIPATE IN A SPECIAL "DA VINCI CODE" -- THEMED CHALLENGE WHICH STARTS IN ITALY AND SENDS THE TEAMS RACING TO ATHENS, GREECE 

"Herculean Effort For Some Herculean Dudes" --
1)Teams participate in a special "Da Vinci Code"-themed challenge in which teams are given a portion of Da Vinci's famed "Vitruvian Man" and must find the other half in order to solve the clue

2)While Racing through Greece, teams return to ancient times and compete in Olympic games that include a grueling bout in the mud with a Greek wrestler.
 3)During a roadblock, teams face a 240-foot bungee jump off the Corinth Canal bridge and one racer becomes paralyzed with fear. 
4)Several teams make a crucial mistake when they fail to follow the clue's directions correctly. 
5)Meanwhile, a lack of focus and confusion plagues several teams who get lost while driving, and their frustration fuels an emotional breakdown for one team.

to note I see some of the teams have their gear in tow , MoJo running around the Canal and it looks like Rayolanda has theirs at the detour .
Several teams make a crucial mistake when they fail to follow the clue's directions correctly
Do some teams have to return to whatever they didnt do correctly ? Like Uchenna & Joyce & Meredith & Gretchen ( to name a few ) that arrived at the pitstop .....

BIG MISTAKE
Arriving on the mat in third place, Uchenna & Joyce were shocked to learn they hadn’t completed the Roadblock correctly. They had to return to finish it before Phil could check them in. While driving back into the bush, the couple realized that Uchenna had grabbed only the flag marking the post rather than the post itself. Because of their sizable lead on the back three Teams, the married couple grabbed the post and returned to the Pit Stop retaining their third-place slot.

Arriving at the Pit Stop in fourth place, Meredith & Gretchen also had to return to the Roadblock because they had not taken a clue directing them to the Khwai River Lodge. As the panicked Meredith & Gretchen jumped back in their car, Lynn & Alex finished the Roadblock and headed to the Pit Stop. Believing they were in last place, Alex put on layers of clothes in hopes that this would be a non-elimination leg, but the boyfriends received a pleasant surprise of a fourth-place finish.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 11:40:10 AM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2006, 01:03:54 PM »
Taking out time from Uncle Sam and his g. d. taxes:

Time Line so far:

In the early morning since all teams arrived at the pit stop before sunset at 4:59PM in Siracusa.

Drive to Catania Airport - 42 miles more or less along state highway S114.

All teams get on the 6:25AM flight from Catania to Rome

Arrive in Rome at 7:45AM and take Rapid Direct Train to Termini station; get on metro Line A and go two stops to Barberini Station.

Walk to Piazza Fontana di Trevi.  Get clue to solve Da Vinci's Code.

Travel around Rome by Metro or Taxi in search of clue.

Eric and Jeremy somehow get way ahead or figure out the clue before the others and take cab back to the Airport (they are seen in a cab, pumping up with joy (Jeremy holds blue route clue) in area that looks like the departure area of the airport (note underground parking behind them) and they catch the early 11:00AM flight to Athens .

Other teams muddle through and catch later flights to Athens.

In Athens, teams pick up marked vehicles and drive to Tower of the Winds location in the Ancient Roman Forum. BUNCH POINT SINCE IT DOES NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL 8:30am But The Beach Boys have come and gone

Clue here leads them on a 60mile drive to the Corinth Canal.  Teams should take route E94 for the most direct route.

ROADBLOCK:  Bungee Jump from the highway bridge over the Corinth Canal.  We see the following team members jumping:

Ray, Tyler, Michelle, Monica, and Fran.  Missing, of course, Eric and Jeremy.

Teams now have to drive along E65 another approximately 150 miles to Ancient Olympia.  Some teams, as usual, get lost on the way.Here they find the DETOUR.  One of the tasks is to perform the events associated with the ANCIENT PENTATHLON: 

Sprinting
Wrestling
Javelin Throwing
Discus Throwing
Long Jump.

Not clear is whether team members must both do each task, or they can alternate but end up with both team members working together to throw the "professional" wrestler out of the marked circle. I think this is the case since we see BJ throwing the discus, and Tyler throwing the javelin, and both working together to nail the wrestler. We see Ray, BJ, Tyler, Joseph, and Monica doing these tasks.

No idea of what the other task is.  This task may be done by The Old Folks, and The Evil Ones and entail some more intellectual task at the Olympia Museum.

Then the teams go on to the pit stop.  Not clear where this is.  It could be still in Ancient Olympia at the Temple of Zeuz or at the Temple of Hera,  Or they may have to drive back 150 miles to the town of Nafplio and find either the Palamidi Fortress which could require a climb up the cliff which takes 935 steps, or find a boat to reach the fortified Isle of Bourtzi.

In any case, I am sure that The Beach Boys have reached this location many hours ago.  They had to perform some Fast Forward task along the way, but I doubt that they had to shave their heads!!

And the last team to reach the Pit Stop WILL BE ELIMINATED.  On CBS Sunday Morning, they did promo the fact that "the next team to be cast off from The Amazing Race woulld be on the Thursday morning TES program."

Now back to Uncle Sam

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2006, 02:55:46 PM »
  I think there's a bus on the bridge. I don't know if it's a tourist bus or the crew bus

Bus?  There's a bus?  Heck, I don't even see a bridge :lol3:  was this taken on a moonless night?  LOL      :snicker: