Author Topic: EP7 Title : 'Herculean Effort for Some Herculean Dudes '  (Read 51120 times)

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: EP7 Title : 'Herculean Effort for Some Herculean Dudes '
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2006, 08:18:23 PM »
So when is Rome happening?  ???  Could it be just a brief stop before getting on a plane to Greece.

I am so sad, I wont be able to watch the episode next week. :gaah:, I am going to the beach for Easter vacation.  I will not have access to internet so I will miss you guys. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 08:21:24 PM by charlierose »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2006, 08:22:06 PM »
charlierose my spec is Eric & Jeremy take the FastForward/ Rome da Vinci Code task

( enjoy your vacation charlierose :yaya:)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 01:33:15 AM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2006, 08:31:12 PM »
Quick thought , what if Eric & Jeremy are doing the Fast Forward and the " Da Vinci Code " is their task ? I don't see them in the video clips ? Just in the taxi !

The only problem is that the tv guide article uses plural the entire time describing the task.

Offline musicman85

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2006, 08:34:42 PM »
What if they are doing a 2 hour special next week. The first hour would be in Rome, and then it would be another TBC with the teams traveling to Greece. This is a really good possibility.
No Day But Today - RENT

Dustin/Kandice, You're Team #1 - Phil Koeghan

Without You, It's Just An Ordinary World - Katharine McPhee

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2006, 08:37:16 PM »
its only listed for one hour musicman , at least my schedule is ? ........maybe Bert didn't want to give it away Sups ? it's my theory and I'm sticking to it  :lol:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2006, 08:45:46 PM »
its only listed for one hour musicman , at least my schedule is ? ........maybe Bert didn't want to give it away Sups ? it's my theory and I'm sticking to it  :lol:

Good for you. If we all swam in the same direction it would be a boring world.  :hearts: And if you are right you get to say I TOLD YOU SO!!  :neener:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2006, 08:57:53 PM »
lol Sups , thanks for the support
we see all but E&J at the Detours & Roadblock , this has to be a NEL right ? and we haven't seen the Fast Foward yet so I guess we wait for more evidence .

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2006, 12:17:29 AM »
I saw the muppet cheated  (:;) bad role model for the kids

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2006, 12:22:18 AM »
A 10 hour train ride is another option

By Train   
  For train information, contact Ferrovie dello Stato (FS) (PHONE: 848/888088 in Italy, www.trenitalia.it), the Italian State Railways.

There are direct express trains from Milan and Rome to Palermo, Catania, and Siracusa. The Rome-Palermo and Rome-Siracusa trips take at least 10 hours.
link

Come to think about it, we are about due for the required "TAR train ride".  This would kill a lot of time and allow the racers some extra rest time.  Might even give TPTB an opportunity for some "up close and personal" confessionals of the teams.  Looks like a full schedule in the combined Rome/Greece episode.     B:)

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2006, 09:29:13 AM »
Come to think about it, we are about due for the required "TAR train ride".  This would kill a lot of time and allow the racers some extra rest time.

I believe the first train from Sicily to Rome is early in the morning.  That would also allow the racers to bunch up.

The Fountain task could then be something the racers perform on the way to the Rome airport from the Rome train station.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2006, 09:45:31 AM »
Lamo clues ~
Racers are taken back to ancient times and compete in games that include a grueling bout in the mud with a Greek wrestler.
One racer is paralyzed with fear when they face a 240 foot bungee jump into a canal.
A lack of focus and confusion plagues several teams who get lost driving.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 10:01:37 AM by puddin »

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2006, 09:50:18 AM »
charlierose my spec is Eric & Jeremy take the FastForward/ Rome da Vinci Code task

The FF angle is interesting.  The FF would be really risky if it takes place in Rome while the other teams head to Athens.  If 2 teams went for the FF, the team that does not get the FF would be eliminated (or lose all their belongings in non-elim) because of the distance to make up.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2006, 09:51:17 AM »
To start collecting pics for this leg, here is one of MANY photos of the Trevi fountain. FWIW I agree that E/J do snatch the FF but I don't think they'll get the opportunity until they get to Greece.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2006, 10:00:24 AM »

The FF angle is interesting.  The FF would be really risky if it takes place in Rome while the other teams head to Athens.  If 2 teams went for the FF, the team that does not get the FF would be eliminated (or lose all their belongings in non-elim) because of the distance to make up.

Early hinkies , Lake & Michele try to go for the FF and miss out  ;D ( GUESS )

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2006, 10:02:59 AM »

Early hinkies , Lake & Michele try to go for the FF and miss out  ;D ( GUESS )

Lake and MEEEEEEEEEEEEEESHAL would deff do something stupid as that knowing it was prob taken

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2006, 10:52:59 AM »
Video is up , it's what was already posted above , no sense putting up more caps , the quality isn't much better .
I assume the teams have to knock the wrestler out of the circle ?
web promo
http://cgi.cbs.com/vplayer/timeplay2.pl?type=ram&id=19508
aftershow promo
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4006880086109648005&q=tvshow%3AAmazing_Race9&pl=true

lightened a bit
 Michele with her blue italy book

Mo-Jo

?

5 Javelins each?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 11:33:34 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2006, 12:40:46 PM »
I think E&J are under a bridge or going through a tunnel ?

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2006, 09:35:39 PM »
thanks banzai

Traforo Umberto I E89

This tunnel under Quirinal Hill was built in 1902-1905 to connect two new important roads: Via Nazionale and Via del Tritone. It is 347m long and 16m wide. The project belongs to engineer Viviani. The latter was one of the most important personalities who projected the rearrangement and adaptation of Rome to its new role as a Capital of Italy. The front part of the tunnel facing Via Nazionale was realized by project of P.Piacentini and Guido Podesti; the one at Via del Tritone is by Tommasi. 

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2006, 09:40:08 PM »
First network promo is on Survivor (as usual) and is pretty much what has been posted above with one or two new shots. Curious thing is that everything is aimed at Greece with no mention of Italy at all (only the shot of Michelle with her Blue Italy Guide Book - but I wouldn't put it pass her to try to use it in Athens!)  Rayolanda, Hippies, MO/JO, The Old Timers, The Evil Ones all accounted for.  No word on the Beach Boys.  Except TV Guide has that strange message about Eric and the Da Vinci Code and Trevili Fountain in Rome.  Shot of pair in taxi may be in Rome.

This is leg 6 so a Fast Forward and a NEL can be expected to show up. But keep in mind that in both TAR3 and TAR4 the first NEL did not come until Leg 8. In all other TARs it has come in Leg 4 (TAR6), Leg 5 (TAR5, 7, 8) Leg 6 (TAR1, 2)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 12:57:16 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2006, 09:57:10 PM »
for the fun of it ( lol Gman @ Michelle with the book )

according to the futoncritic we have 14 episodes TAR9 ( with EP1 counting as 2legs  and the finale as 2legs )

TAR3
TAR4
TAR5
TAR6
TAR7
(dang)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 10:11:28 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2006, 10:16:22 PM »
well my theory was worth a shot  :inocent: , still we cant rule out E&J snagging a Fast Forward ( its my story and I'm sticking with it  :lol: )

Da Vinci Code Themed Challenge Highlights Next Episode of The Amazing Race 

TEAMS PARTICIPATE IN A SPECIAL "DA VINCI CODE" -- THEMED CHALLENGE WHICH STARTS IN ITALY AND SENDS THE TEAMS RACING TO ATHENS, GREECE, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 9 "
"Herculean Effort For Some Herculean Dudes" --
Teams participate in a special "Da Vinci Code"-themed challenge in which teams are given a portion of Da Vinci's famed "Vitruvian Man" and must find the other half in order to solve the clue.
While Racing through Greece, teams return to ancient times and compete in Olympic games that include a grueling bout in the mud with a Greek wrestler. 
During a roadblock, teams face a 240-foot bungee jump off the Corinth Canal bridge and one racer becomes paralyzed with fear. 
Several teams make a crucial mistake when they fail to follow the clue's directions correctly. 
 Meanwhile, a lack of focus and confusion plagues several teams who get lost while driving, and their frustration fuels an emotional breakdown for one team.
  UH OHHHHHHH FloooooooMooooooooooo
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 10:58:28 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2006, 10:41:50 PM »
amazing

Parthenon, Athens

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2006, 01:06:37 PM »
So it looks like they just may start off by driving to Catania and all bunching up and getting on the first Altalia flight to Rome AZ1734 which leaves at 6:25AM and arrives in Rome at 7:45AM.  If my estimates are anywhere near correct (Chateau we need your help here to determine from all those nice shadows at the Fonte Atelusa the team arrival times at the pit stop) of between 10:30AM and 2:00PM they all should have plenty of time to get to the Catania airport in time. The next flight AZ1736 leaves at 7:10AM and arrives in Rome at 8:30AM

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2006, 01:10:35 PM »
I got the vhs resolution :( Lake is behind Michelle

I get it now. 2 racers against 1 wrestler. And I thought the muppet cheated. 'doh to self.

edit:

mojo is in the background so Ray caught up; the green guy near Monica is the cameraman
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 01:39:47 PM by banzai »