Author Topic: EP7 Title : 'Herculean Effort for Some Herculean Dudes '  (Read 51099 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: EP7 Title : 'Herculean Effort for Some Herculean Dudes '
« Reply #175 on: April 11, 2006, 03:27:49 AM »
Holy crap Banzai!  You put me out of business!   :'(

But now I can do my taxes!

BTW, run that thing at a spot where you can check it out for real.  Envious here!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #176 on: April 11, 2006, 10:52:09 AM »
Something must be wrong here.  Ray and Yolanda were the last to leave the pit stop in Segesta at 6:34AM and faced about a 3 and a half hour drive to Catania and hunt for the Roman Ruins which would put them there about 10:00AM; they had to find the fish seller on Via Alessi, then carry the two swordfish one-third mile to the Fish Market on Via Girabaldi.  Then back up Via Etnea to the Roman Ruins to pick up their car.  Then find their way out Catania and drive 40 miles to Siracusa.  Find the Kayak Polo location, score a goal (and it seems to take Ray awhile to do this) then walk to the Fonte Aretusa and jump on the mat/mpa.  When they do so the fence shadows are now fairly long and have reached South America on the map.  Going back now to the First team (The Beach Boys) who were at the Roman Ruins when they opened at 8:30AM, if they took as much time as R/Y to complete the tasks and get to Siracusa they would be arriving about 10:30AM and when they do the shadow of the fence has not even reached the map/mat.  But if the time for R/Y is correct then the Beach Boys should be on the mat at about 8:00AM before the Roman Ruins even opened in Catania! My gut estimate for R/Y to arrive at the Siracusa pit stop is about 12:30PM at the earliest.

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: April 11, 2006, 02:21:16 PM »
puddin, my gut (beware: often wrong) thinks RayLonda will be last, especially if getting lost is an issue, as it appears to be.   2d choice would be Lake/Michelle, though they seem to be doing better.  Was there a spoiler placing R/Y in Australia, or has that been debunked?

The other thing (and again, I'm counting on CBS, not a good thing) is that ever since the FFs have been reduced to 2 per race, the previews for the episode in which they appear have announced it.  Since we don't have that, and we have an Early Show teaser for an eliminated team, I'm thinking no FF this week.   The format of this race has definitely changed, so delaying the NELs would play into that (it also cuts down on expenses, having fewer teams run the 2d half of the race).

That's my gut...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #178 on: April 11, 2006, 03:05:42 PM »
I don't know that the Aussie spoiler form Turt at IMDb is to believed , time will tell but my gut tells me Ray & Yolanda are next to be eliminated if not this week then next week . Same goes for the Fast Foward , it just maybe TPTB are hiding E&J as they do one team a week so no FF this week.
I pick RaYolanda for obvious reasons , they are strong , yeah but not map/directions smart ..theres no team left "behind " them to come in last ...strength won't help them this time , anyway they are my pick for the boot .
Since we really can't know untill tomorrow whether or not its an NEL or not I'm treating this as an Elim right now .

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: April 11, 2006, 04:19:45 PM »
As with last week, the online TV guide says the latest team eliminated from the Race will be on Thursday's CBS Early Show.

Offline shanghilill

• " The Sole Winner of Survivor 13 Game"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2006, 06:20:21 PM »
Fwiw...I'm thilking it's an elimination race tomorrow with Ray & Yo hittin the magic carpet last...sadly no more rides for them  :(
“We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love, belonging, power, freedom, and fun.”
~William Glasser~
Wait..that's 6.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2006, 08:34:03 PM »
Any updates on approximate arrival times at the Siracusa pit stop at the Fonte Aretusa?  Chateau?   Getting a better idea of the arrival times, will tell us what time the teams leave Siracusa and which flights they may be able to catch to Rome.  I still do not think that the estimated time of 10:30AM for the arrival of Ray and Yolanda (next to last) is correct since that would mean that Eric and Jeremy would have arrived before the Roman Ruins opened in Catania.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2006, 10:47:37 PM »

lol, I got it wrong. 10:36AM. Can't be that early. Chateau, SOS  :jam:

« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 11:08:09 PM by puddin »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2006, 11:09:34 PM »
^^ do you think they're in the morning? I got the program but don't know how to use it  (:;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2006, 11:41:50 PM »
I'm clueless banzai  :lol:

btw , cool program !!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2006, 06:48:40 AM »
Most probably not in the morning, it's more likely to be in the late afternoon. Fonte Aretusa faces the bay around Siracusa on the west, and since that's where the sun is...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #186 on: April 12, 2006, 09:14:03 AM »
so far ~ ( Inside Scoop is pretty accurate )

inside  scoop 4/12
THURSDAY MORNING ON THE EARLY SHOW

You may not know this man's name, but he was the first man in space… and he got there by jumping out of a balloon! The story of his remarkable life. Plus, every child is different…we've got advice on picking the best sport for your kid's personality. And The Amazing Race castoffs!
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1999/10/04/broadcasts/main64925.shtml?CMP=ILC-SearchStories

nice to see you Neobie :yaya:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 09:17:20 AM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #187 on: April 12, 2006, 11:07:46 AM »
However, on TES this morning only the plug for the man in the balloon!  No mention of any castoff from TAR.

Also not a single plug for TAR until Hannah and Julie mentioned it at the very end of the show.  And did they blow it by saying that the winner of the Travelocity/CBS/Early Show contest was going to and I quote""Rio, Greece"? No name any where close to Rio anything can be found in the atlas for Greece. 

And is CBS thinking of dumping TAR?

Promos are drying up.  And the Nielson Ratings are sinking fast.  This week on the move to the earlier hour on Wednesday had 2 million fewer viewers, a total of only 8.2 million.  That's the lowest of the reality shows: Survivor with 16.2 million leads the way, followed by Deal or No Deal with 15 and the Apprentice with 10.5.

Do we have any word on TAR10 actually filming??

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: April 12, 2006, 11:19:10 AM »
late june early july its believed to be filming. tar10 will air cause be orderd, and its already on the fall schedule. tar11 hopefully there is a tar11 should be held off until the summer. and put together again with BB to give it a rebirth

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2006, 11:37:51 AM »
Since TAR9 has spent so much time in Europe, perhaps TAR10 will spend time elsewhere.  And then TAR11 can go back to Europe again which is where I will be during October this year.  Will keep my camera at the ready as we trapse through Holland, Germany and Austria!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2006, 11:50:38 AM »
I'm bringing the disposable undies Gman !!

speaking of ratings ...AI starts at 8:30 tonight  :( , of course I dont watch AI aften just when nothing else is on but the ratings for TAR will surely bomb  :'(

I did see a commercial during The Price is Right and they did say the latest castoffs will be on with the clips and all .
Cool about Rio Greece Gman !

Hotels in Athens - Greece
Hotel Rio
GREECE - ATHENS CENTER, 13, Odysseos str., Karaiskaki sq, Zipcode 10436
http://www.kayukay.co.uk/greecehotels/rio.html

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: April 12, 2006, 01:12:05 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2006, 02:05:21 PM »
pretty cool bridges Sups !!

more from the inside scoop ( still waiting on my Julie Chen email for TES )

Last Updated at 1:50 PM … APRIL 12, 2006
AMAZING RACE CASTOFFS: It's a dream come true to travel around the world, and what's better than doing it on national TV? The Amazing Race is one reality show that most Americans would love to be on, and contestants are determined to win. Thursday morning, we'll talk to the latest team eliminated from the contest and what exactly went wrong.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #193 on: April 12, 2006, 02:17:55 PM »
I've been looking at the tape from last week, mainly because the estimated finish times did not jibe with what the sun and shadows were telling me.  Now it looks like some of the tasks are taking a lot longer than I estimated at first. And it must be in the afternoon when the teams are doing the Kayak Polo gig since the shadows get longer as each team arrives at the Ponte Kayak place.  If it were morning the shadows would be getting shorter as it approached noon, so it must be afternoon approaching sunset.  Also, the Kayak gig must take a lot longer than it looks.  For instance, when MO/JO arrive he looks directly into the sun as he looks to the West (must be afternoon) and MO starts off wearing her light tan windbreaker.  A shot or two later she has taken it off and is wearing a long sleeve pink shirt; and later still she is down to her blue sports bra and pink chamise! So considerable time must have gone by.

As The Beach Boys are looking for the pit stop, Jeremy is adjusting his watch and with just a quick look it appears that hands are at 12:15.

So my rough guess at the finish times has been revised as follows:

The Beach Boys - 12:30PM
The Hippies - 1:00PM
MO/JO - 2:45PM
FranBerry - 3:00PM
The Evil Ones - 4:00PM
Rayolanda - 4:20PM
The Nerds - 4:30PM.  When they arrive you can spot the low sun about 10 degrees above the horizon.  Since sunset is at 4:56PM this seems about right.

With this in mind, it may be that all of the teams do not get to Catania in time to catch the 6:25AM Alitalia flight to Rome.

And here is another thought.  We have seen the reference to "some of the teams get lost while driving" and we have assumed that this referred to their time in Greece, but perhaps it refers to teams getting lost driving to Catania and thus miss the early flights and are now falling further and further behind.  This seems to fit in with the look that teams are travelling by air, metro, train and/or bus from Rome to Athens to Corinth (and to Ancient Olympia or Ancient Nemea) and on to the pit stop in Nafplio!

Looks like there will be a loser tonight; funny, Puddin, but they use the same bit almost word for word each week.

I'll try to put this all together in the usual WWKAWWDK, if I can find some time away from taxes.  Oh, hell, taxes can wait, TAR waits for no man.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #194 on: April 12, 2006, 04:15:05 PM »
Here ya go !! :bny4: that's official enough for me .

^NN-amtiein13-EARLY SHOW
Below is THE EARLY SHOW Lineup for Thursday, April 13, 2006 as of 5:00PM
Wednesday.

I'm Hannah Storm.  I'm Harry Smith.  Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW...
You may not know this man's name...but he was the first man in space -- and he
got there by jumping out of a balloon!  The story of his remarkable life.
Plus, every child is different...we've got advice on picking the best sport for
your kid's personality.  And The Amazing Race castoffs!   Tomorrow (Coming up) on
THE EARLY SHOW... 

8:31 SEGMENT NINE- AMAZING RACE CASTOFFS: It's a dream come true to travel
around the world, and what's better than doing it on national TV? The Amazing
Race is one reality show that most Americans would love to be on, and
contestants are determined to win. Thursday morning, we'll talk to the latest
team eliminated from the contest and what exactly went wrong.

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #195 on: April 12, 2006, 04:19:11 PM »
wow, sure could be some serious mugging coming up? better go update my game picks. 
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #196 on: April 12, 2006, 04:25:37 PM »
sorry no sneak peeks this week for next week, I figured it was a flub last week because of the time change ..still looking though  :bny8:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: April 12, 2006, 04:43:42 PM »
so look like we got a free spoiler from John and Scott.
http://mediafiends.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6989

John said probably “The Frosties”, they are 6-foot tall women. Scott liked “The Pinks” [Danielle & Dani]. Scott said he also liked “The Nerds” [couple Dave & Lori]. John said they were cute. Scott said he loved Ray & Yolanda.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: April 12, 2006, 11:32:32 PM »
Those evil people at CBS did block out the name of the Metro station in the previews, as the scene of Dr. Evil (Lake) and The Ice Queen (Michelle) shows them exiting the subway at the Barberini station.  The sign above them is not blocked out in the episode.      (:;)       Evil, evil, evil........     :groan:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2006, 12:32:20 AM »
You can see the product placement below. It really wan't much of a "code," was it? You could call it a puzzle, but just barely.