Author Topic: ♥ ♥ ♥ Wally's Thead ♥ ♥ ♥  (Read 84861 times)

Offline TAR8Vet

• ' Amazing Racer '
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: Wally Bransen Podcast Interview
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2006, 01:21:06 PM »
What's up Puddinnnnnnnnnnn :js:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2006, 01:28:45 PM »
hey wally  :jam: u watching the game? 2-0 whitesox

Offline TAR8Vet

• ' Amazing Racer '
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2006, 01:35:04 PM »
Yes I'm watching - although it's been pretty tough to do lately.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2006, 01:36:40 PM »
i know, it reminds me a stretch from last season. they will be all right. they need to stop trying to hit the homers. just leave that for thome and pauly. play ozzie ball again and everything will be fine

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2006, 03:24:38 PM »
Me, I'm watching Nascar in Texas , not really happy with my fantasy team right now but its just for fun ..no prizes .
So Wally , whats your prediction for the next eliminated team ?
I'm waffling between Ray & Yolanda or a surprise 'SHOCKING' team being eliminated , or maybe even an NEL :popcorn:

Offline TAR8Vet

• ' Amazing Racer '
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2006, 06:22:03 PM »
At this point Ray & Yolanda would be good bets but if there is a nice bunching point it could be a surprise.  I would thing we will be getting a fairly steady diet of NEL's (or another continuation)  starting soon in order to get the number of episodes to work right

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2006, 06:57:09 PM »
I'm trying to work out the dates Wally  ??? Leg 7 starts on Day 10 ( Nov 16th?) and were down to 6 teams , scheduling has TAR9 for 28 days ( in race days ) .
According to the futoncritic , that means 7 more episodes with 6 teams remaining ( 2 hour finale 3 or 4 teams ? its starting to look like TAR7& 8 with 3 teams for the finale  )
So in the next 6 legs 3 teams should be eliminated to get to the 7th final leg of 3 teams ,Dec 3rd ibeing the finale in TAR days  .

It isn't adding up  :lol: maybe we have another TBC/Superleg ? or I cant count .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2006, 07:11:50 PM »
Wally who were those folks tagging along in the back of your " whirlpool " boat at Niagra Falls ? Were they staff family or just regular people ?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2006, 07:22:05 PM »
I'm trying to work out the dates Wally  ??? Leg 7 starts on Day 10 ( Nov 16th?) and were down to 6 teams , scheduling has TAR9 for 28 days ( in race days ) .
According to the futoncritic , that means 7 more episodes with 6 teams remaining ( 2 hour finale 3 or 4 teams ? its starting to look like TAR7& 8 with 3 teams for the finale  )
So in the next 6 legs 3 teams should be eliminated to get to the 7th final leg of 3 teams ,Dec 3rd ibeing the finale in TAR days  .

It isn't adding up  :lol: maybe we have another TBC/Superleg ? or I cant count .

or 4 NEL and they brought back leg13

Offline TAR8Vet

• ' Amazing Racer '
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2006, 07:31:12 PM »
Just basing it on TAR8, we had 10 teams one continuation and 3NEL.  TAR9 started with the typical 11 teams so they could get by with just two NEL's with their one continuation and still make it work the same way.

I have no idea who the people on the boat were - they were on the boat when we got there.  Don't know if they had a connection to the race or were just lucky tourists.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2006, 07:35:09 PM »
Just basing it on TAR8, we had 10 teams one continuation and 3NEL.  TAR9 started with the typical 11 teams so they could get by with just two NEL's with their one continuation and still make it work the same way.

I have no idea who the people on the boat were - they were on the boat when we got there.  Don't know if they had a connection to the race or were just lucky tourists.

tar5 had 4 NEL
Tar6 had 3 NEL 1 TBC
Tar7 had 3 NEL 1 TBC FWIW

EDIT : WITH The TBC they got rid of LEG13

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2006, 08:30:14 PM »

Of course i'm GREEN with envy !!  :lol: We were speculating that the people on the whirlpool boats were brought in as decoys in and around Canada as well as the Falls .

ty  Wally

Offline TAR8Vet

• ' Amazing Racer '
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2006, 09:33:10 PM »
I seem to remember that some of the eliminated teams had run some decoy tasks prior to us getting to Canada - don't know exactly what they had them do.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2006, 09:57:22 PM »
Good stuff Wally , do you remember where ?
I know Alex & Lynn were run through New York and Meredith & Gretchen were run through Dalla's airport , they even dropped a clue hoping that someone would pick it up and recognize them , lol no such luck they weren't recognized .
Also I heard through the grapevine that Meredith & Gretchen planted a clue for their family to find and the clue said GO GO GO ( something about the final leg ) so thats why her family thought they were final 3.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2006, 10:00:23 PM »
IIRC The godlewskies where arguing on a air canada flight prob running to their mock run

Offline TAR8Vet

• ' Amazing Racer '
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2006, 10:06:37 PM »
I can't remember any specifics - the time from the finish of the race to when we left was a blur.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2006, 10:11:49 PM »
I can't even imagine Wally !!  :bliss:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2006, 09:16:12 AM »
Wally:  Before I ask some more questions, I have to say that your last post over at Sucks was just hilarious.  I bet you never thought in your wildest imagination that you'd ever have to respond to something like that.

I previously asked some driving questions.  Here's another, did Lauren ever drive during your race?  If not, why not?

During the show, you were filmed leaving Canada and entering the U.S. on the jet boats without going through border control.  Was there some special set-up for the racers?

In last week's Finish Line show, David mentioned how he didn't realize before hand the amount of involvement of the production crew in the race.  Teams are sometimes filmed driving pulling up to a spot and leaving a spot.  I assume that the camera man has been let out so he can film.   Is that kind of filming a pain?  Do some crews interfere more than others?

When taking a taxi, does the crew have to pay for their share of the fare?

I can't remember any specifics - the time from the finish of the race to when we left was a blur.

I thought the last episode of your race was tremendous.  I hope that this race's last episode is just as intense as yours.

Offline TAR8Vet

• ' Amazing Racer '
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2006, 10:36:40 AM »
Yes Pedaler, the folks over at Sucks will keep you on your toes.

Lauren never drove but for no specific reason.  We just went in with a strategy of Beth driving and me navigating unless the car had a manual transmission when I would drive.  We let Lindsay do a little highway driving in leg 4 but otherwise I think you just fall into a routine of continuing to do what you are comfortable with.  I also relieved Beth sometimes when we were pulling the trailer as the other two girls didn't have experience with that.

When we got off the boats there was one customs person there about 20 feet from shore who took a quick look at our passports and sent us on our way (they had given us a water-proof briefcase to keep our passports in when we got on the boat).

The camera crews don't interfere that much in the race.  When getting out of a vehicle you have to wait for them to get out first and get set to shoot you getting out.  After returning to the vehicle sometimes they will stay out of the vehicle and shoot you leaving and then you stop and wait for them to get in.  Also when you are running somewhere you need to slow down if the cameraman can't keep pace (he's carrying 50+ pounds of equipment).  Also, if you are filmed getting directions from someone you have to wait for the crew to get a release signed.  All told it has very little impact on the race, although sometimes in the heat of the moment you  may feel that it does.

If you take any transportation you pay the cost unless their is an additional charge for having the crew with you and then they pay whatever additional amount you were charged.

I thought our finale was very exciting, and looking back on some of our episodes compared to this season I think the tasks and racing compare pretty favorably, regardless of how much negative spin is given to TAR8.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2006, 10:43:42 AM »
Great questions, and thanks for the answers.

I always wondered how the release forms and all that work because at any given time you see tons of people on the street or that you pass. When do you need to gt a release form signed? Any time someone speaks with a race participant or is there something else?
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline TAR8Vet

• ' Amazing Racer '
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2006, 11:15:56 AM »
Release forms are subjective but they are only obtained when someone is filmed interacting with the racers, normally getting directions.  It seemed at the beginning of the race they were getting them from almost everyone and by the end only if they thought it was an important interaction.  To eliminate the possibility of needing to stop for waivers we liked to ask people for directions who were in other vehicles while we were in our vehicle, making it virtually impossible to ask them for one.

We had to get a release from the last person we asked directions from on our way to the boats in the finale, and he was the same guy the Linz's had asked for directions right before us and they obviously hadn't gotten a release.  That's one I've thought about from time to time.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2006, 11:30:11 AM »
Another question along the same tangent. So what if they refuse? Then that scene is just not used? What if it was something important that happened where a person interacted with the racers? Like someone was injured and help was offered by a bystander.

Offline TAR8Vet

• ' Amazing Racer '
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2006, 12:09:53 PM »
Most everyone ends up signing.  If they can't get them to sign within a reasonable amount of time (like one or two minutes) they just move on.  I don't know if a refusal effects whether they use the footage or not.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2006, 12:12:41 PM »
I was thinking after I posted that, that it was probably more a producer type of question. Sorry. :(

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2006, 10:26:22 AM »
Most everyone ends up signing.

Wally, Did that gal that you gave a ride on the Red Devil bus sign a release? :lol3:

Jeffreysq,  If you remember, the Bransens gave a ride to a young woman in Panama hoping she would lead them to the next clue.  Instead, they just ended up giving her a ride to work.  Wally and one of his daughters had WTF looks when they left her in some parking lot.    :lol3:    :lol3:    :lol3:    :lol3: