The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

♥ ♥ ♥ Wally's Thead ♥ ♥ ♥

<< < (73/74) > >>

Kogs:

--- Quote from: TAR8Vet on May 15, 2007, 08:33:59 PM ---
--- Quote ---Did you watch All Stars Wally? if so what did you think? I was disappointed in the challenges ..they were more brains then brawn. Uchenna & Joyce thought this was done mainly for Charla because of her ummm short comings.
--- End quote ---

Yes, I watched the entire season and enjoyed it.  I don't think the tasks were super hard but I think they compare pretty favorably with several of the other seasons.   I think they inserted some mind challenges that were legitimately tough.  I'm sure part of the reason to even out the tasks is the dominance of young, male teams in the race - there are enough other advantages for the most physically fit teams that maybe the thinking is to put a higher importance on the mental aspects.  All of the long running between tasks, to detours, etc. (much of which you don't get a sense for by watching) is where the physically dominant teams get much of their advantage.

I wasn't very impressed with the end of the race - very contrived to assure a close finish, which I think isn't necessary.  Overall, even though I would love to be on an all-star race, I don't think all-stars add much to the show.  If the idea is to generate ratings I don't think it does much to accomplish that as the only people who are interested in prior teams would probably be watching anyway.  As I've heard talk of getting teams with "known" team members, I think this could maybe get some ratings boost - not that it would be better racing.

--- End quote ---

up for a day/night double header on the southside tomorow???

TAR8Vet:
I checked my tickets yesterday afternoon and realized that I had tickets for tonight and not last night (the mind is slipping as well as the body) - which worked out well allowing me to miss the rain delay cancellation and watch the Bulls.

Kogs:

--- Quote from: TAR8Vet on May 16, 2007, 07:36:57 AM ---I checked my tickets yesterday afternoon and realized that I had tickets for tonight and not last night (the mind is slipping as well as the body) - which worked out well allowing me to miss the rain delay cancellation and watch the Bulls.

--- End quote ---

the bulls where amazing last night!!!!!

Big Papi:

--- Quote ---the bulls where amazing last night!!!!!
--- End quote ---

Yeah DA BULLS were amazing  :yess: did you not get my PM about them last night  ???

puddin:
leaving some Wally love :luvu:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version