Author Topic: EP 8 Title: The Power of the Idol  (Read 5956 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
EP 8 Title: The Power of the Idol
« on: March 21, 2006, 07:11:43 PM »
The Power of the Idol

Two tribe members are sent to Exile Island and they form an unexpected bond. Castaways from the original La Mina team try to break up the Casaya alliance. At tribal council, the eighth person is voted off of the islands. Jeff Probst is the host.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: EP 8 Title: The Power of the Idol
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 09:39:46 AM »
two sent to exile island...that is jsut setting up an alliance there.  Who do you think it will be?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 10:02:25 AM »
Cirie & Terry ? lol I haven't a clue Texan .

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 12:57:58 PM »
Maybe Aras & Danielle!?!  :kuss:
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 12:58:44 PM »
...sitting in a tree ?  :flirt:

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 01:04:12 PM »
K :jumpy::flirt:;) S :snics: I :kuss: N :hearts::-[
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »
 :lol3:

Offline CJ22

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Shanepowers.com check it out.
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 12:44:05 PM »
Aras had a girl going into the show and actually is still with her so I think the Aras/Danielle thing will never happen. Terry and Cirie sounds like a pretty good match.  If you ever wanna see Aras's gal she is on mondays on ABC family on the show Beautiful People.  Shes the middle daughter I think Karen is her name on the show; Torrey is her real name.
Aras the first person to try to meditate fire.......... "Just a little longer guys................. ???? you feel the energy now................????? what about now?????  ........................................................now???"

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 12:59:19 AM »
to tired to type right now

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 09:07:52 AM »
Okay looks like Terry is tellign everyone...is this his way of getting people not to vote for him because he will use the Idol?

I was impressed Bruce stayed with Cassaya, but I do not think it is a long term stay... he knows it is a numbers game and wants to get further before he burns bridges.

Interesting they really do not show Austin.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 09:31:33 AM »
TDT has Austin out after Nick *sigh * , this all blows.

heres suvivorfever's photo gallery ,aftershow promo .......what is Terry thinking showing the HII ? He's not a very good stratagist !

http://www.survivorfever.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=242

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 11:59:17 AM »
VO: its dangerous to worship false idol's
Austin ?: ever since yesterday it has not stopped raining
VO: but on exile island
female: everybody's going crazy
VO: possessing this idol could be the only way
Jeff: Austin on the course
VO: to survive
Danielle? : the hidden immunity idol has really shaken things up
VO: who will be persuaded to switch sides ?
Aras: Caysaya is divided on the vote
VO: who has the numbers to win
Daniele: I can actually transform this game into a whole new thing
VO: who will control the game? Don't miss a whole new survivor.......

« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 12:07:06 PM by puddin »

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 12:24:48 PM »
interesting that the pic of Aras and Sally hugging  ~ aras has a red and black shirt on...but the last pic looks like Terry with the same shirt.

Why are Aras and Sally hugging?  Was the reward challenge a team event?  Are they the two that do to Exile island? Or is it recycled from last episode.

I would say from Danielle's hair she is the one in the shower.  Why are they now showing someone using? 

The pick of cirie looking at someone Terry is in the back ground so i would assume it is courntey and Shane fighting. and if you look over Cirie's shoulder it looks like Sally's head bent down ~ blonde sittign next to terry.  So we could also assume the person not in the picture is being talked to about switching...that means Austin is doing the talking.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 12:26:08 PM »
I brought thsi over from the play by play as I think it shoudl be a discussion on this thread.

Boy Cassaya was not happy with Austin's comment of appearing weak.  I think this is what makes his go next.  He should have just said I tried, Everyone wants to say they won individual immunity.  And Nick just got knocked out because he stayed the longest.

If Terry would have been smart he would have dropped knowing he had the idol and they would vote for one of the La Mina ~ Nick or Austin would have immunity and Cassay woudl have voted for him, he pulls out immunity idol and a Cassaya is voted off. Evens the numbers more and gives some one reason to jump.

cassaya was cocky, but come on Terry went to everyone and said join us and we will save you. And we know from past shows alliances shown will not last and we know that during a merge someone or more then one will do soemthing stupid that will cost them game, ala keeping Dani.

I was surprised that Sally was not shown talking to Danielle or courntey or Cirie at all.  she pretty much stuck with the guys.  You know your voting line, but mingle and be friendly.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 11:14:02 PM »
uh oh

BOOT: Austin? Courtney? 
We had (from the title) though that Terry finally uses the hidden idol here. But after seeing the preview, and seeing that the bootee is most likely Austin, we now think that's probably not the case.

When Jeff Probst said, prior to Ep1 airing, "At one point somebody said to me at Tribal, 'you know, we think this has just changed the game too much.' I cracked up," he was probably talking about this episode, and all it appears to be about, on the surface at least, is Terry offering to hand over the idol. Not him actually doing so.

Austin is what we've been told to expect for this week's boot. But we're no longer convinced of that. It could be Courtney, especially in light of the "remaining Casaya members" part of the next episode's description. But more likely, it's Austin.

http://truedorktimes.com/survivor_panama/spoilers/index.htm

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 01:38:04 AM »
It will be interesting to see who the two that are sent to exile island are.  Those tv previews are teasing me too much.  They have to stop!!!

Bashful

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 02:06:06 AM »
Okay looks like Terry is tellign everyone...is this his way of getting people not to vote for him because he will use the Idol?

Now, even though Terry has the Idol, isn't it true that he can only use it ONCE?   ???

So, I would think he would want to be VERY careful who he tells about having it.  If others who were not trusted knew (and they should see by now that Terry is a huge threat in this game) then you might think they should vote for Terry ASAP.  Go ahead and let him use the Idol....even though it means someone else would be going home instead.  Then, the next tribal council they would surely send him home. 

Sure, it's a risk for the others to do that if Terry blabs about having the Idol, but the the sooner it happens, the better...for the others' chances in the game.  Personally, I don't feel it would be good for Terry to tell anyone.  He should keep his ace in the hole until it's needed at Tribal Council. 

But, I'm not actually rooting for Terry at this point.  He lost me when he helped send Dan home.  THAT alliance sure didn't last long, and I feel Terry should have sent home one of the other, younger guys.  Just my opinion.  But it could change.