Author Topic: EP 6: "Sleep Deprivation is Really Starting to Irritate Me." ( Wends @ 8:00 ET)  (Read 58715 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I'm sorry Gman , this all should have been posted in EP7 not here , thats what we were discussing ....my fault as usual .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
lol its a real big download , Rob made it for me and says he'll " tweek" it tomorrow

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
"Dancing Phil"    :lol3:

Well at least the loose ends are cleaned up.  All the teams (except B&F) carried the fish SOUTH through Piazza S. Francesco di Assisi to the fish market, and D&L returned to the parked car after the fish market task by going back NORTH on Via Etnea (past Frette) after buying a map in either Piazza Duomo or Piazza University.  Talk about over analysing.   :hearts:

On to Greece guys.    :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
remember I said they probably just have to carry the fish to the fish market but thought that was stupid ?  :snicker:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Huh?  Say what?  OMG, puddin was right again!      ;)

next time talk a bit louder, the roar of the crowd can get a bit deafening in here      :angel:   ;D   :lol:

:jumpy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
 :lol: well we had enough fish confusion going on already Boingo , darn FISH ! Anyway I think the highligh of the show was the Hippies setting out the sign up sheet "teams will go in order " at the teatro  :lol3:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Well, I was wrong. I thought the polo teams would play dead  :killme:, but it was worse than that; they just tossed the ball to the racers and waited for them to shoot. The Fran/Barry salesmanship looks a little suspect as well; they were making little progress, then suddenly (uninterested looking) buyers lined up and they sold out quickly.

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
*sigh* if it's not the nel this week it sure as heck next week then.   :groan:
With possibly a FF taken by Lake/Michelle?  If so, you heard it here first!

I call Eric & Jeremy !
That's more likely, now that we know the leg finish order.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP 6: "Starting times"
« Reply #285 on: April 06, 2006, 06:39:38 AM »
According to my notes, the Hippies departed around 2:30 am and the Frat boys around 4:15 am.  How did the Hippies get such a big lead in Ep 5?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I haven't rewatched the show gator but the play by play has ,I'm not sure if its accurate ?
3:29 am, BJ/Tyler and Eric/Jeremy, 4:11 am

Phils photos ( I guess he forgot about his blog ? )

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I haven't rewatched the show gator but the play by play has ,I'm not sure if its accurate ?

This site
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID37/1333.shtml#12
has the starting times more accurately than I do, but they are similar to my original post.

What stands out to me is that the Hippies and Frat boys passed each other on the same road in Segesta.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
insidepulse  :tup:

BJ and Tyler, who were the first team to arrive at 2:29pm, are the first team to depart at 2:29am. They're told to travel 135 miles to Catania (on the other side of the island). Their goal is the ruins of Anitearo Romano, a 2000 year old amphitheatre. They talk trash about the Frat Boys and make fun about their inability to pronounce "Catania".

Eric and Jeremy, 4:11am. They talk trash about the Hippies - you can tell it's all in good fun.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
We have some very good shadow shots when the teams reach the pits top at Fonte Aretusa, can Chateau figure some times out for us, especially when E/J arrive first and R/Y arrive last.  Would help in figuring out departure times for tomorrow morning.  I estimate that E/J arrived at about 11:00AM (maybe even as early as 10:30AM depending on how fast they drove from Catania to Siracusa.  My estimate for the last arrival is 2:00PM.  But the shadows seem to be too long for these early hours.My Michelin map is all screwed up also since it has the Fonte Aretusa on the west side of the island of Ortygia and if the map is correct, then the arrival times would be in late afternoon and not late morning.  But with the amount of time spent starting at 8:30AM when the Roman Theatre opened, this would mean too much time taken by the tasks in Catania. So I think the Green Book map is wrong.

If anyone is interested the answers to the pop quiz are:

No. 1
d.  Drive 235 miles to Catanina (I think Phil said it wrong as he said 135 miles; if he is right, then Michelin Guide is wrong again!)

No. 2
a. Going north on Via Etnea

No. 3
e. None of the above.  The pitstop was at the Fonte Aretusa which is half way between the polo pond and the Castello.

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
Wow this was a lame ass episode.  for the sake of the race they need to bring back bunching.   I mean bunching was never bad until it became so exaggerated like with LB the internaet cafe oppening at 3:oo in the moring and not in the afternoon.  But this season its just so boring.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan

This site
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID37/1333.shtml#12
has the starting times more accurately than I do, but they are similar to my original post.

What stands out to me is that the Hippies and Frat boys passed each other on the same road in Segesta.

According to my reckoning; the Hippies arrived at the Roman Amphitheatre at appoximately 5:30AM and it was still dark but they had to wait until 8:30AM when the place opened.  The Beach Boys left at 4:11 and arrived at the ruins at about 7:15AM just after sunrise.  So the first two teams started out together in Catania at 8:30AM.  The next team -MO/JO- arrived about 9:00AM and as they left the theatre to pick up the swordfish they passed the first two teams returning to the parking spot at the theatre so the time is now about 9:15AM.  Thus the Hippies and the Beach Boys maintained their lead all day, and probably finished up at the pit stop at about noon or a little after.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Well, BJ & Tyler's check in time of 2:29 pm is kind of close to the late side of the range I estimated (1:24 to 2:22 pm) for Eric & Jeremy on the path up to the theater.  That was shot when Eric & Jeremy spotted BJ & Tyler going up the hill of the Temple.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Well, BJ & Tyler's check in time of 2:29 pm is kind of close to the late side of the range I estimated (1:24 to 2:22 pm) for Eric & Jeremy on the path up to the theater.  That was shot when Eric & Jeremy spotted BJ & Tyler going up the hill of the Temple.

Chateau:  see my post above (289).  Any chance you can perform your miracle time estimates (I think it is remarkable that you came within one minute of predicting the Hippies arrival at the pit stop in Segesta) for the arrival of the teams at the pit stop in Siracusia?  Very good shadow informtion, but my Michelin map seems to be off with the Fonte Aretusa being on the west side of the island, while the shadows seem to put it on the east side of the island.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 12:53:32 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
This map puts the fountain on the southwest part of the island; all the teams had to do was follow the shoreline. I've attached a kmz if anybody needs the lat/long, etc.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
I should be able to do it.  I saw the good shadows.  I'm trying to get this HDTV card working right so I haven't been a good detective lately.   :'(

It's silly because TAR isn't even in HDTV.  But if it were...
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I should be able to do it.  I saw the good shadows.  I'm trying to get this HDTV card working right so I haven't been a good detective lately.   :'(

It's silly because TAR isn't even in HDTV.  But if it were...

Our Rob here knows just about everything about cards and such, maybe he could help Chateau ? I know he will if he could .

btw, you ROCK as a detective  :kuss:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster