Author Topic: EP 6: "Sleep Deprivation is Really Starting to Irritate Me." ( Wends @ 8:00 ET)  (Read 58714 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Agreed Boingo , just not enough evidence either way what the Nerds are doing ,last week Fran & Barry were hidden from all tasks and it meant nothing , the week before the Dees were invisable from all tasks , the week before I believe the Nerds we're invisable as well as the Dee's so were reading to much into the invisable thingy .
( thanks for the cookie  :-* )

I'm working on updating this

Teams leave Teatro di Segesta,do they drive ? train ? plane?
Mo-Jo
  Barry blowing his horn ( I heard blowing your horn is the only way to get around the congested streets of Catania , and this often leaves you with a few dents in your vehicle  )

Do the teams search for a clue @the  Entrance to Amphitheater, Piazza Stesicoro in Catania ( assumes for now )

Lori & David running NORTH on Via Etnea past the "Frette" store toward Piazza Stasicoro, clue in hand .

:bar:
Detour/ Catania market
Fish Sell or Carry ? ( no idea but for the sake of something this is for now )

Fran and Barry ( SELL)

Mo-Jo( CARRY )

Michele & Lake ( CARRY )

Eric & Jeremy ( CARRY )
Yolanda ( CARRY )
BJ ( CARRY ) ( thanks banzai )
Roadblock/ Siracusa Porto, score a goal "Kayak Polo "

Eric cheers on Jeremy

Barry

Tyler cheers on BJ

Lake YELLS at Michele " Throw it "

Dave or Joseph ?!?
  Blackman ,Ray?

Pitstop/Grand Hotel Ortigia Siracusa  ( or nearby ) 

.com/view/?pic=smeerp] .com/view/?pic=smds8p] Lake (Lake confessional ):I think Michele could be better mentally ,theres been a time or two where shes been right and theres been three or four times that I've been right I'm still the leader of this team.:bar:
webclues~
In an act of kindness,Italian Strangers impart a small but significant,gift to a lost team.
An Arduous task takes its toll on one Racer who breaks down in tears while struggling through a rustling town .
Bad luck plagues one team who, while hitting traffic, realizes they are driving in circles and wasting valuble time .

press~
"Sleep Deprivation Is Really Starting To Irritate Me" --
Tensions mount and the stress of the race takes its toll on several teams who get lost while trying to find their next clue in Sicily
While racing through the ancient streets of Sicily, teams choose between a detour where they must either sell four kilograms of small Italian fish in a busy open-air market, or carry a 32-pound swordfish one-third of a mile through a congested part of the city in order to receive their next clue.
Teams are also faced with a roadblock that requires one team member to score a goal in the popular Italian sport of "Kayak Polo" while competing against a team of professional players

thanks to ALL TAR Detectives  :jam:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 06:49:28 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I found that picture Boingo , there were no details  :lol: afterall but were uploaded on Nov ,11 2005

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paolopan/62129866/

« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 08:07:56 PM by puddin »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
gman said that this is a professional player since he wears red helmet

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I don't think so ........
why is the pro wearing long pants and a black t-shirt ? but I am wondering about the blackman cause he has on long yellow sleeves like this man behind Barry

see the polo players are wearing long red sleeves too
Gman can't watch the video so he depends on our eyes

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
puddin' recently posted a TV Guide article on another thread (and above).

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?topic=7174.333

Is TAR9 backtracking to Rome?

or :umn:

Is TAR being used to promote the movie "The Da Vinci Code"?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Trevi Fountain is in ROME whats going on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

WAITTTTTTT this is for EP7  :groan: , im moving it

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Cued up the videotape from Saturday and looked again at the PinP.  First it does look like Ray in the yellow outfit.  But the one with the red helmet can only be Joseph IF indeed it is  Joseph.  Jeremy has a black tee shirt but is wearing white long shorts; David had a black tee shirt but is wearing tan pants.  But if it is Joseph why is he in a yellow kayak wearing a red helmet and using a white paddle?  Everyone else you can see is wearing yellow hats, yellow vests,in yellow kayaks using black paddles.  Or is wearing red hats, red vests, in red kayaks using black paddles.  Also I cannot spot the silver bracelet Joseph was wearing in the fish market on his right wrist.  My guess now is that this fellow is a "demonstrator" showing what is to be done while Phil explains the Roadblock.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I really think its Joesph in the red Gman , maybe the colors are random ? say theres another team there with Jo , and they are in yellow so they put Jo in red ? The man in yellow sure could be Ray but im not convinced as Ray is wearing a black tank top in earlier vidcaps ..was he cold and asked to borrow a long sleeveyellow shirt or did he smell like fish and ask to borrow a clean shirt ? " I dunno "  :lol: I'll shut up now .
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 04:05:07 PM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Just noticed that in the pix of BJ carrying the fish, he is passing a building with the Number 4 so wherever it is it must be at the beginning of the street.  The Frette Building was listed as NO. 49, I think, on Via Etnea. So if he is on Via Etnea he is a long way down near the Piazza A d Benedetto where the fish market is. What is the address for the suggest restaurant Una Hotel Palace?

In Siracuse the pit stop might be at the Temple of Appolo in the Piazza Pancali as you enter Ortygia.  This is oldest Doric temple in Western Europe (c. 6th Century BC) And it is only about 300 meters from the kayak site.  The other historical posibility is the Castello Maniace but that is at least a good mile's walk from the canoe polo grounds.

So if David and Lori are indeed headed NORTH on Via Etnea they really are lost.  And from their expression it sure looks like.

Getting to doubt more and more that there is a FF.  Usually by this time, TPTB have given some hint about the FF.   Still a good posibility that it may be NEL and the Nerds are saved by the bell once again!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 11:10:53 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Hi-Fi

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
Dave/Lori must get the FF!! Please please please! :'(

This was one more useful post by Hi-Fi! :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I thought Piazza Stesicoro was North on Via Etnea ? Couldn't that be where Lori & David are headed ?  :dunno:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 04:47:42 PM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Just to confuse everyone a little more than we are all confused now.

Found a good map in The Green Guide for Sicily, and it shows that the Palazzo San Demetrio (the building in which the Frette Store is located) is situated on the SOUTHWEST corner of Via Etnea and Via Antonio San Giuliano.  If this is correct, then David and Lori are on Via Etnea going north but then turn WEST into Via A. San Giuliano.  If this is the case they may be headed to the wrong Amphitheatre and are going toward the Greek Teatro Antico.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Apparently this "Frette" store moves around more than the "traveling cluebox".   :lol:
It's gone from the Northeast corner (puddin), to the Northwest corner (boingo), to the Southeast corner (gingerman) of Quattro Conti.  Anyone want dibs on the remaining Southeast corner?    :snicker:
I think we got all our bases covered on this one.   :lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
 :lol3: to freaking funny Boingo , this is a start

as Slowhatch has posted a Cache search of FRETTE ,they sell linens as far as I can tell  :lol:

Frette (spa)
Via Etnea, 49 - Catania (CT)
Tel. 095 317560
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 05:19:22 PM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
OK, confusion rules!  I've been saving the "doomsday" option for just such an occasion.  According to the composite picture I crafted from photos on the web, the "Frette" store is described to be on the Northwest corner of Quattro Conti in the Palazzo S. Demetrio (see composite photo below).  The same photo shows the southwest corner, the Via Antonino di Sangiuliano (west) between them and the Via Etnea going off to the right (north).  Talk about confusion.

I am just the messenger, so don't blame me for what I find on the web.  So if D&L are seen by the Frette sign, then they have already crossed Via Antoninno and are on the northwest corner of Quattro Conti. (Don't know why, and frankly, don't care).  Here we go again.   :knuckles:

Also Google Earth view of buildings matches features in photos.

Thanks to puddin for the thumbnails and hosting the large composite photo

« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 06:04:51 PM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
 :keeta: :bow: sounds like a great time for some well deserved Manhattens !!!!!!!  :martini:

Very impressive Boingo !!
I have to admit Gman is keeping us on our toes  :jam:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 05:52:03 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I got up early to watch the Early Show , no mention of the Elim team being on the Early Show as far as I heard , they only told us the TAR was moving to tonight  and talked about the Travelocity winners  ( on-line thingy ), I guess we wait for the pressy thing to update . ( Hey we have at least 7 inches of snow  :jumpy: )

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
You too quick for me, Puddin'  But the TES promos have usually been 100% accurate in the past when they do not mention a TAR castoff of the next day's TES.  So unless they are throwing us another ringer of a TBC, we will have our first NEL tonight.  And will TPTB also follow tradition for the Fifth Leg and also include the first FF tonight??????

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
 the elim teams being on the Early Show is gone

Wednesday, 4/05: Protecting kids online | Enhancing your home's curb appeal
Thursday, 4/06: Josh Hartnett on “Lucky Number Slevin” | Bobby Flay cooks
Friday, 4/07: Lucy Liu on “Lucky Number Slevin” | Latest "Survivor" castoff

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
i remeber seeing the ad for eliminated team last friday on tes . oh well  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
well when we had the TBC the Early Show was advertising the teams would be on that Wends .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
If its a NEL then i'm with you all that said that Lori & David get the FF
who gets mugged ? wishfull thinking .......LAKEEEEEEEEEE
When did he have time to save his pullover though ? at the RB he is shirtless ..would L&M have stopped to put clothes on if the Pitstop is so close to the RB ?

Lake (Lake confessional ):I think Michele could be better mentally ,theres been a time or two where shes been right and theres been three or four times that I've been right I'm still the leader of this team.

heres the whole thing from EP5

They are driving to the airport from the pitstop in Germany ,
Lake ( voice dubbed while driving , his mouth doesn't move) :Michele is navagating , she still has a little room to grow there.
Michele ( backseat talking ): its good to get out infront of people even  alittle bit or being in first
Lake ( on building confessional ):I think Michele could be better mentally ,theres been a time or two where shes been right and theres been three or four times that I've been right I'm still the leader of this team.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 09:15:06 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
yeah I'm a little nutty today  :umn: , more later when the newspath updates

The Inside Scoop
THURSDAY MORNING ON THE EARLY SHOW

Is there a serious danger in your home you've never even thought about? We'll have an unexpected warning about paper shredders and tips to protect your children. Plus, it's a dream come true to travel around the world. But we'll find out what went wrong for the latest Amazing Race Castoffs. And Hollywood hunk Josh Hartnett!

If you would like more information on any of these stories or the broadcast, please click on the following address and e-mail us: earlyshow@cbs.com

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1999/10/04/broadcasts/main64925.shtml?CMP=ILC-SearchStories

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
keep us updated puddin  :kuss:  :jam: