Author Topic: Unan1mous  (Read 15734 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Unan1mous
« on: March 17, 2006, 02:59:43 PM »
Unan1mous Preview Clips for March 22nd Premiere  3/17/06

Everybody get together for Fox’s new game show Unan1mous.  Watch as the contestants get the rundown on the rules!

Windows

http://www.fox.com/syndication/unanimous/unanimous_1_hi.asx
http://www.fox.com/syndication/unanimous/unanimous_1_lo.asx

Real

http://www.fox.com/syndication/unanimous/unanimous_1_hi.ram
http://www.fox.com/syndication/unanimous/unanimous_1_lo.ram

Unan1mous premieres Wednesday March 22 at 9/8c only on Fox.

Note:  Clips will not be available after Wednesday at Midnight.

Nuala

Re: Unan1mous
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 07:48:15 PM »
It is interesting that the longer they take to pick someone to win the money is dwindling (sp?) and they don't even know it.  LOL.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 07:56:21 PM »
I have my tivo set to record it, I can't wait :)

Rob

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 06:16:42 AM »
I have to set my DVR up yet. I think it might be an interesting show. I can't wait to find out what dark secrets they have on this group of people.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 06:37:04 AM »
puddin has a connection with the mental instituation contestant. LOL  :lol3: :lol3:

Who do u think will win?
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 06:41:58 AM »
I need to get to know them a bit better first. Thansk for the link Rob. Wow, if anyone leaves the money will be cut in half.

Personally, I see the money coming down to just about nothing before anyone decides to give it to someone else.

Nuala

Re: Unan1mous makes Big brother look respectable
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 07:18:00 PM »
March 22, 2006, 9:01AM
TV REVIEW
It's Unan1mous, new reality show puts Fox in a hole

By HAL BOEDEKER
Orlando Sentinel

Reality television reaches new depths, figuratively and literally, with Unan1mous. This appalling Fox series sends nine strangers deep underground, dangles a $1.5 million prize and wallows in repulsive behavior.

Fox has chosen to waste one of its choice slots on this nasty social experiment that deprives contestants of outside contact as well as sunshine. The awkwardly titled series debuts at 8:30 tonight after the American Idol results show — a bewildering misstep for a network that's thriving with 24 and House.

In this game of greed, players must vote unanimously for one competitor to receive the money. The setup yields deception, bickering and panic attacks, but no Survivor-style intrigue. In the most revolting turn, a man lies about his health to gain sympathy.

Until they agree, the players will endure hot, stuffy conditions and tiresome putdowns. The prize drops in value as the game drags on. If anyone leaves before the final decision, the money will be cut in half.

To ratchet up the torture, the series shares the players' secrets, such as lying about bankruptcy and spending time in a psychiatric center. Sensitivity has no place in this game. The players decide which secret is the worst, and that person loses out on the prize, yet remains in the bunker.

These contestants behave so abysmally that no one deserves support. Host J.D. Roth guides the action with obnoxious superiority, and the soundtrack unleashes bombastic music.

Unan1mous, the worst new series this season, accomplishes the unthinkable: It makes Big Brother look respectable. For fouling prime time, this travesty should be buried.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 09:17:08 PM »
Did anyone watch ? I recorded it and would like to know if its a waste of time .

Offline Mike-e

• " Just Jack "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can't out-run these 3 crazy women...
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 06:53:25 AM »
I couldn't bring myself to watch...

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 07:16:21 AM »
I watched it. It's very intriguing. If you like this type of show, check it out!
Is it a new low? Perhaps, but anyone can walk away if they really want to, so if they stay it's their own fault.
I'm assuming it's going to be a very short lived show though, I guess we'll see. Anyone else see it? I'd love to chat about this with you. I'm sure Cole saw it, what did you think?

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 12:18:06 PM »
I kinda enjoyed it myself. I am a sucker for these types of shows, because I love crazy people, and they really put a mix of people in there. The Preacher and the gay guy, you knew they were going to clash right away, and they did. What a bunch of idiots!! LOL

No the greatest show on TV, but I will probably watch again!

Rob

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 12:25:17 PM »
I agree, it's like watching Superstar USA! Just can't wait to see the train derail!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 01:43:17 PM »
OK I'll pop it in later and give it a shot , thanks guys :yaya:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 01:47:07 PM »
Just make sure you tell us what you think of it.
I was actually kind of disappointed it was only 28 minutes long.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 02:01:56 PM »
Well I was watching LOST but thats another story ( another waste of a episode if you ask me , now next week  :jam: )

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 02:13:24 PM »
I still have not gotten to Lost. I'll probably not get to see it tilll late tonight or tomorrow evening.

Nuala

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 08:45:46 PM »
After watching the first night, I am going to have to watch again next week.  I found it interesting when they were given a choice to pick three files with secrets about the people and the minister's secret was that she filed bankruptcy and continued to buy large priced items.  I cannot remember the amount at this moment, but it was a lot.  If it were me I would have voted for that person to get booted.  Goes to show you she cannot manage money. 

The secret of the mental ward ended up really being no big deal.  The guy was not in there for very long, but they never said why and that is okay.  Somethings are okay not to be stated. 

The third secret was that someone got arrested for having live ammunition?  I think that is right.  Not a problem for me.  LOL.

The contestants were able to choose one of those three to get rid of by their secret without knowing whose secret it was.  I wonder what will happen with that vote next week?

Tell me your thoughts Jeff.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2006, 05:18:56 AM »
I found the secrest thing to be somewhat anti-climatic. I mean how did they find these things out? Did the contestents tell them? And if so, how much did they embelish if they did. As for the Minister with the Bankruptcy, that just hits a nerve with me. Especially when she is going on and on about Jesus, and says how money is the root of all evil. If that were the case, why is she here? She didn't think she was going to be on a show where you can win money? There is just something fake about her, I don't lik her.

Bashful

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006, 06:33:40 PM »
I'm assuming it's going to be a very short lived show though, I guess we'll see. Anyone else see it? I'd love to chat about this with you.
I kinda enjoyed it myself. I am a sucker for these types of shows, because I love crazy people, and they really put a mix of people in there.
No the greatest show on TV, but I will probably watch again!
I was actually kind of disappointed it was only 28 minutes long.

By the end of the first half hour, I was also disappointed that it ended there.  That also made me think that this show would be a short series, which could be OK, as long as it's interesting.  Either way, I'll be watching tonight to see how it goes.

Yea, what a bunch of fruitcakes they have on this show!  How do the producers manage to find so many people like this?  And then I wonder.....maybe "normal" people can become wacko just by being with other wacko people.  You know...like one bad apple spoils the bunch?  Everyone reacts to that way-out person and therefore, all seem to be way-out.  (If Shane wasn't on Survivor, would the others behave much more civilized?)  Perhaps....anyone of US could be acting just like THOSE people if we were there!!!  LOL   ???     :grins:

So, here we have people sleeping just wherever...on the floor and the sofa, etc.  Does that mean they do not have any comforts from home like clothes and a backpack of toiletries, etc?  Having NO CLOCK is kind of mean, if you ask me.  It would keep people off-kilter, don't you think?  Maybe that is even more reason why people are so upset and crying....no clock, sleeping at odd times/shifts and having NO IDEA when the heck they will be getting out of there!  TPTB have all the control.....I'd probably freak out too!   :'(   :nut:

What I am curious about is what end result would be if/when the vote is finally UNANIMOUS.  So, nobody gets money unless there is a unanimous vote, yet shouldn't they ALL be compensated?  I mean, geez....how cruel can they be to award all the money...though surely much less, with the clock ticking away...to only one person!?!  I can't help being very intrigued by all this...and I can't wait to see what happens next.    :)

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2006, 08:23:24 AM »
Is it just me, or does it seem like the producers are making this up as they go along? There doesn't seem to be a rhythem yet nad with each show only a half hour I think that also confirms my believe that it will end quickly. So far, everyone wants to give the money away to who they feel is most worthy. I'd sure like to know how they came to the conclusion of who deserved it more. Unless they don't believe the lie about the testicular cancer, I'm surprised they don't want to give it to him.

Whatever, the show itself seems to be the trainwreck. As for that chick that wants to leave (I am bad with the names) I don't think she'll ultimately leave this time. The preview for next week showed her at the table and at the end of this week, she is asked a final time if she is going out. If she does decide to leave, I can' believe she'd still be around sitting at the table next week.

Bashful

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2006, 01:03:37 PM »
It may seem like they are making it up as they go along, but I doubt it.  Just like Survivor and other shows, TPTB like to add new elements as the show progresses.

Richard was outcast for having been in a mental ward.  Maybe it was just me, but his ranting in the "confessional" seemed overly dramatic, as if he was acting.

Whose "secret" would you choose....

1. Person in a mental ward
2. Person carrying live ammo
3. Person who declared bankruptcy

Jonathan is the ONE holdout who voted for Adam.  Did anyone understand exactly why he did this?  Immediately, I thought either this guy is a PLANT, or else he's been persuaded with $$$ by the producers to keep this game going. 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2006, 01:14:02 PM »
As I recall, last week he said he was always going to go against what the others wanted because he enjoys the 'experiment' of the show. Maybe he is a plant, but I doubt it.

Bashful

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2006, 01:18:12 PM »
As I recall, last week he said he was always going to go against what the others wanted because he enjoys the 'experiment' of the show. Maybe he is a plant, but I doubt it.

Thanks for the recap...I had missed him saying that. 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2006, 09:16:19 AM »
Remember people. Money is the root of all evil! So I'm going to file bankruptcy despite all my liquid asets and then I'm going to go on a TV show where I'll most likely be trying to win money. BUT... Money is the root of all evil!

That women is just whacked! Things weren't going her way so she bailed. I hope we never see her again.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2006, 08:53:17 PM »
Anyone see this past Wednesday's show? If not you have got to see it! I'm planning on doing a review of this show now. It's such a trainwreck, but maybe there is potential? I'm still debating on that.