Author Topic: TAR9 EP1: 'Here We Go, Baby Off To Win A Million Bucks'  (Read 21894 times)

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
Re: TAR9 EP1: 'Here We Go, Baby Off To Win A Million Bucks'
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2006, 08:22:54 PM »
Pele is 65 now.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2006, 10:40:15 PM »
Other posters have been talking about a hidden task so I thought I'd try and track it down. The first cap shows the card instructing the racers to find "vava" and buy a candle. The closest match I could find is a religious articles store in Santa Cecelia (see listing). Then they walk to 114 Abranches. I've included a map, with the red dot at Vava and the red arrow pointing to Abranches.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2006, 01:57:51 AM »
Not entirely relevant, but interesting in a geeky sort of way:
Below is a cap of the sisters ticket showing the times and the flight number. Most of you know that Google can show you real-time flight tracking using fboweb. Now GE has been integrated into the search. Type "COA 93" into Google and then click on the fboweb link. You now have the option of a flight status (updated every minute) in 3D in GE. Click on the little plane in GE, and as I write this COA 93 is over the Gulf of Mexico, alt. 31k speed 517kts. Neat.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2006, 11:29:43 AM »
That first episode had such a long edit - I'm surprised they cut any tasks from the on-air version.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2006, 06:19:41 PM »
TOO cute !!

Carissa Explains It All – Episode 2
By Carissa Gaghan
March 13th, 2006

I had to watch this week's episode of The Amazing Race on tape since it was past my bedtime. I saw who was eliminated on CBS.com so it wasn't as exciting.
It was weird that Eric and Jeremy waited for the Hippies since this is a race and you should want to be the first ones to get the next clue.

Dani and Danielle have the biggest backpacks. Don't they know that they might be too big to go on a plane with them? Sometimes when your bags are too big, they make you check them.

If we were on this race, I would really want to do this Roadblock. I would love to be able to rappel down a building.

It was stupid that five people went up the same stairway. I would go to the stairway no else was going up so I wouldn't have to wait in line. BJ and Tyler were smart to go to the last one.

I would pick a blue buggy if there was one there since blue is my favorite color.

Lake and Michelle shouldn't take the bus because a bus has to make a lot of stops and a taxi will take you to where you want to go first.
So far, the teams always say "rapido" to the taxi drivers. Don't they know any other words to tell them?

Why did Danielle go to the top of the building if she was afraid of heights? I don't know why people who are afraid of heights would sign up to go on the race because they always make you do a height thing.

When Eric and Jeremy were talking to the girls at the bus station, I thought they said that the girls were snotty. When I played it again, I heard that they said "naughty". I think the girls are nice.

I wonder if they have any Waffle Houses in Brazil. We had to stop there because some of the teams were going crazy on the bus.

I would pick "Climb It" for the Detour because if you are strong, you could do it fast and I really like to climb things.

It was funny when BJ and Tyler said "who needs reverse gear when you have hippy power!"

Since Jeremy couldn't spank Monica's butt, he had to spank Eric's when Eric got in the car after the Climb. I thought that was really funny.

The sisters shouldn't swear so much. Don't they know kids are watching?
I don't know why my Dad doesn't like Eric and Jeremy. I think it is nice that they don't want the girls to get eliminated.
Dave and Lori did the Press It went pretty fast because Dave looks really strong.

Ray and Yolanda don't look very happy that they are team number 5. Team number 5 is really good!

If I was Fran and Barry and my car died, I would just leave it and try and run to the pitstop. I'm sure the race people would get it later so no one steals it.

I think the girls should have stopped and helped Fran and Barry move the car before they went to the pitstop. That would have been nice since Fran and Barry are old.

It was cool that Lake and Michelle beat Dani and Danielle to the pitstop even though they pulled in after them. It was just like when we pulled in after the Weavers and beat them to the mat.

The sisters must have gotten really lost because it is night now. I feel bad for Phil; he had to stand there a long time waiting for them. I don't feel that bad for the sisters since they weren't that nice to each other.

At the end of Episode 2, my 3 favorite teams are Eric and Jeremy, BJ and Tyler and Dani and Danielle.

-Littlebean-

article from tarflies

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2006, 04:18:54 PM »
Littlebean....how cute.  I love that name for her.  And I love her writeup. :hearts: