Author Topic: Taylor  (Read 15774 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: Taylor
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2006, 12:12:54 AM »
RJ, really?  The contestants all live in the same house?  Like i said, this is my first season to watch AI and I assumed they lived in a hotel.  Hmmm...now who's naive!!  :groan:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2006, 12:20:54 AM »
TexasLady:
About Taylor, I tried for 2 hours to vote for him the other night, never could get through. He has lots of fans.
I didn't get to vote b/c I didnt get home in time to watch the tape to get their numbers! But maybe I couldn't have gotten through either.  In previous weeks, I've not had any probs getting thru, but I usually call in the last 30 min.  It's less busy then b/c most calls are made the first hour I bet. :waves:

Ruday ;D

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2006, 09:00:26 AM »
As much as I enjoy this show, I really don't vote very often.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2006, 05:03:39 AM »
Aww Jeff...you should vote!   I use Redial and Speakerphone buttons and my fingers are moving back/forth a mile a minute...once I get the rhythm going.  :waves:

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2006, 10:57:43 AM »
RJ, really?  The contestants all live in the same house?  Like i said, this is my first season to watch AI and I assumed they lived in a hotel.  Hmmm...now who's naive!!  :groan:

Well, they've done it in the past but you never know.  Maybe they have changed things.  But yeah, the season with Clay Aiken & Ruben Studdard, they had a house (a very large one) with a pool they all shared.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2006, 12:40:42 AM »
Wow RJ, Awesome!  :jumpy: They deserve to be housed in a nice place like that  b/c  they're all stars in their own ways, and they all work like crazy to perform their best!

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2006, 10:17:10 AM »
Believe it or not, this is only my second season of AI so this is news to me also.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2006, 08:16:43 AM »
This is not really about Taylor, but since he is from Alabama I thought I would post it here.

Mrs. Tanbuns and I were traveling through Alabama last week, and were flipping through the channels on the radio. We came to a station that was playing the song "Sweet Home Alabama" by one of my favorite groups Lynyrd Skynyrd.

After the song and a couple of commercials, the song started playing again, which we thought was comical. But since I like it, we listened to it again. More commercials, and then strangely "Sweet Home Alabama" started playing for at least the third straight time. I say "at least," because the song was already playing when we tuned in to start with, so no telling how many times it had played before we started listening. Wifey was ready to change channels, but I wanted to see if the guy at the station was just napping, or possibly had a case of the craps.

Believe it or not, after listening to the song for the about the dozenth time, we stopped for dinner. About 30-45 minutes later, guess what song was still playing on the radio?  :groan:

We finally changed the channel, but kept turning back occasionally to see if the dude every woke up. The last time we checked, was after reaching our destination over an hour later.

Yup ........ it was still playing!!! I know the people of Alabama are fond of their state, but this is ridiculous!!!  :lol3:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2006, 08:45:21 AM »
What is the radio station? Have you tried to log onto the site to see if there was some kind of promotion? Maybe the studio was hijacked? I'd love to get a follow up to this story.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2006, 11:26:58 AM »
That's a good question Jeff!!! All I knew at the time, was that it was 104.1 FM. Googling just now, I found out the station is WYOK out of Mobile/Atmore. Nothing about it on their website.

I just now gave them a call to ask about it. As soon as I told the lady what I wanted, I was transfered to the voicemail of the Marketing Director. I left a message. Do you think he'll call me back?  :snics:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2006, 11:29:42 AM »
I doubt it, but it's nice that you tried. If you do hear back, let us know. It was probably just a D.J. that went nuts.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2006, 03:49:57 AM »
Taylor is amazingly different every week as his performances are the most unpredictable & most varied of this season.   :hearts:!

PenguinsDance

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2006, 08:46:09 PM »
Taylor is amazingly different every week as his performances are the most unpredictable & most varied of this season.   :hearts:!

Sorry, Ruday!  I beg to differ.   :shake: I think Taylor sounds the same every week and has not challenged himself a bit.  He's just skating to the final two with Kellie.  (certainly not with my vote though)    :nono:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2006, 07:15:16 PM »
agreeing with penguin , I don't even think he gets that far ..........Taylor will be gone next week  .