Author Topic: TAR9 EP2 What we know; what we do not know  (Read 2581 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
TAR9 EP2 What we know; what we do not know
« on: March 06, 2006, 02:58:05 PM »
The one thing we know for sure is that we now have only TEN teams and we start off at the Pacaembo Country Stadium in Sao Paulo, Brazil.  And we know that all the teams arrived at the pit stop before sunset which was at 7:25PM on November 8. I imagine that the first teams arrived in late afternoon (although it is cloudy so no positive sun shadows for Chateau to pin point the time) around 4:00PM.  Therefore the teams would be starting out around 4:00AM which would mean that it would be dark out since the sun rises at 6:16AM.

I am guessing that the teams may have to go to some location first to get the first route marker which would then take them to EDICIFIO COPAN in downtown Sao Paulo.  Here they run into their first ROADBLOCK which requires that one member of the team climb up the outside stairs and then rappel down a 500 ft wall.  We see Jo(seph), Ray, Jeremy, Desidee, Lisa or Joni, and Danielle doing the task and we can only assume that BJ/Tyler, Lake/Michelle, David/Lori , and Fran/Barry also complete the task.
(Another possiblity here is that some teams think they can beat waiting their turn for a slow moving elevator and decide to run up the outside stairs)

After the detour it looks like the teams all race to a bus station to catch a Santa Rita bus (No. 603) to BROTAS, SAO PAULO, BRAZIL a distance of about 257 KMs (or about 154 miles) so this means a trip of about 2 and a half hours. It looks like this is the first of many bunch points as we have the Beachboys, the Hippies, and the Double Dees joking around around the bus waiting for the other teams to arrive so that they all go together to Brotas..

Arriving in Brotas the teams perhaps face a DETOUR or perhaps they all have to do the same task. We have several possiblities here. Proceed to the AYALA ADVENTURE CENTER  for perhaps a Detour which would be either follow an acrobatic circuit or Verticalia across tree tips using zip lines, stairs, balance beams, etc. etc. OR proceed to SITIO BELA VISTA which is a waterfall park where the teams must ascend to the top.(No easy task!!!!!!) OR THEY MAY JUST HAVE TO LOCATE THE BELA VISTA WATERFALL PARK WHERE AYALA WOULD ASSIST THEM ON THE ASCENT.

Upon completing the DETOUR or TASK, the teams may proceed about 50 miles to PIRACICABA, SAO PAULO, BRAZIL.  Here they would have to locate the COPERSUCAR TECHNOLOGY CENTER.  Here they would have to grind sugar cane and produce the sugar syrup used in the production of ethanol. The actual fermentation process takes about 64 hours, so the teams may receive the actual ethanol fuel after grinding a certain quanity of cane. 

Putting the ethanol into their especially built Volkswagon Bugs which have been adapted to run on ethanol they set off for the pit stop. 

Just speculation here but the pit stop may actually be at another place known as SITIO BELA VISTA which is a wellknown coffee plantation which has been awarded the Brazil Cup of Excellence for its coffee.  This site lies just over the border in the state of Minas Gerais a distance of about 75 to 100 miles.  Since the roads in this part of the country are very confusing and not very well  marked it would be easy to get lost.  And it may be farther than some people think so they don't start off with enough ethanol fuel to reach their final destination.

We have a lot of holes and it would be certainly strange not to have a DETOUR TASK - I can't recall a single TAR ep without a Detour.  So if the detour does not entail a different task at Alaya Adventure Center or at the Ethanol research station, then it would be a strange one.  Of course, none of the teams may opt for the other task at Alaya so that is why we do not see one.

This could be a long day.  But the Capon Building may not be open to say 7:00AM.  The bus could leave around 9:30AM which would get them to Brotas at noon.  Off to the detour or waterfall climb task by 12:30.  Off to Piracucaba by 3:00PM.  Complete ethanol task by 5:00PM and then another hour to the pit stop arriving at 5:30 - 6:30PM.  Sunset is not until around 7:30PM

Maybe we'll get some more information tonight or on TES tomorrow.  If anyone can fill in any of the holes here, please do.

Wild guess on who gets Philiminated - our lovely sisters Lisa and Joni
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 10:56:46 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: TAR9 EP2 What we know; what we do not know
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 04:18:23 PM »
The only thing I dont get is, that we have so many things to do and I dont think they will do it in one day.   Could this episode be done in two days?  What do you guys think?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Re: TAR9 EP2 What we know; what we do not know
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 07:26:35 AM »
Holy ****!! Bert had shot in two days in Sao Paulo state and approximately three days since November 7, 2005 when teams first started in Denver, Colorado.