Author Topic: EP4 Title :' It's not over untill the Phil Sings '  (Read 54218 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP4 Title :' It's not over untill the Phil Sings '
« Reply #250 on: March 21, 2006, 10:05:27 PM »
I think we nailed it Guys !!!!!!! :hfive:

Again I just went back and reread the thread ...so many people to credit I wounldn't want to leave anyone out  :werock: :beer2:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 11:47:07 PM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #251 on: March 22, 2006, 12:14:02 AM »
Team, are we good are arn't we?

What a great team effort to nail this one to the post.  Only missed on the location of the Gnome hunt.  Led astray by some idiot's lead to Legoland. (Not from this board)

Get some rest and be prepared.  At least we know some things already:  Going to Rome,Roadblock is assembling the sculpture; One task of the detour is to find a clue in the laundry. 

Agaiin, great job, team.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #252 on: March 22, 2006, 12:21:03 AM »
Someone think Guenzburg is the destination, Bad Lotz can be the city after Stuttgart.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #253 on: March 22, 2006, 12:31:46 AM »
Team, are we good are arn't we?

What a great team effort to nail this one to the post.  Only missed on the location of the Gnome hunt.  Led astray by some idiot's lead to Legoland. (Not from this board)

Get some rest and be prepared.  At least we know some things already:  Going to Rome,Roadblock is assembling the sculpture; One task of the detour is to find a clue in the laundry. 

Agaiin, great job, team.

Schnitzel and Meatballs for everyone Gman  :beer2: :hfive: !!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #254 on: March 22, 2006, 03:02:34 AM »
From an arial shot of the test track (right after Ray and Yolanda have finished their whirl and are looking at the map "you got your pen?") I could see that I got the wrong test track.  They are at Sindelfingen.   :groan:

So my time estimate was at the wrong location.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: March 22, 2006, 09:10:00 AM »
No no no, they, the buildings, the cluebox, and test track were at Unterturkheim.  Sindelfingen is 12 miles away.  The aerial shot was of Sindelfingen, but that was artistic license thrown in by the editors.  Let's not get into this dicussion again and again.  We got it right.

IIRC there were no overhead shots of the racers during this leg.  So unless TPTB hired a helicopter to film JUST the Sindelfingen facility, we can assume it's just stock footage that they got from MB of a "generic" track. 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 12:23:46 PM by Boingo »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #256 on: March 22, 2006, 09:49:39 AM »
Ya got me, Libra - but those jokers over there were so far off from what was going on, I just wanted to straighten them out before the show.  They had the Detour as riding the test track (in Stuttgart no less) and doing the dance thing in Munich. Some really wierd thinking over there.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #257 on: March 22, 2006, 10:01:05 AM »
LOL Gman , it sure sounded like you  :jumpy: !
Chateau, you and your protractor ROCK   :jam:  !!

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #258 on: March 22, 2006, 10:24:09 AM »
I just figured something out (blame sleep deprivation last night!!) on how Eric and Jeremy were able to leave St. Basil's Cathedral around 4:345PM and get to Sheremetevo 2 Airport a distance of 17 miles through city traffic in time to clear customs, immigration, security and catch the 7:05PM Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt.  It was SATURDAY NIGHT and traffic in downtown Moscow is quite LIGHT - people have gone to the country for the weekend, or are coming INTO the city for a night of fun and games.  They just lucked out and probably were able to reach the airport with time to spare!  But Lake and Michelle JUST MISSED IT.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #259 on: March 22, 2006, 07:45:00 PM »
W&D said they a gentleman had offered to lead them to the pitstop ..when they got to where the man lead them they went on to ask a pedestrian and he told them it was 15 minutes another way ..so the gentleman was probably one of the reasons they lost .

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #260 on: March 22, 2006, 09:59:10 PM »
W&D said they a gentleman had offered to lead them to the pitstop ..when they got to where the man lead them they went on to ask a pedestrian and he told them it was 15 minutes another way ..so the gentleman was probably one of the reasons they lost .

That was probably just Hans wanting a ride home. He probably jumped out of Lake and Michelle's car screaming for mercy.  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #261 on: March 22, 2006, 10:02:42 PM »
Your on a roll tonight Sups , I'm punch tired and you have me rotflmao  :lol3:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #262 on: March 22, 2006, 11:40:59 PM »
I am thinking maybe the Hans watched TAR6 before, and therefore wanted to get out from the car, cause Lake & Michelle really looked like Jonathan & Victoria. And running back home to avoid some unnessary behaviour of Jonathan bullying him. Haha, this is my personal opinion
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #263 on: March 23, 2006, 12:24:47 AM »
Maybe Evan ? LOL  :lol:

tongue wrestle anyone?

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #265 on: March 26, 2006, 11:18:29 PM »
Talk about cross marketing

The Amazing Race Contestants Visit Mercedes-Benz Factory in Germany

MONTVALE, N.J., March 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Teams on CBS's Emmy winning reality show The Amazing Race have been traversing all over the world, overcoming Roadblocks in grueling conditions and relying on strangers to help them navigate. While trekking across foreign soil on select legs of the races over the years, teams have been racing in Mercedes-Benz cars to help them reach the pit stop. This week, for the first time, teams stopped at the Mercedes-Benz factory in Stuttgart, Germany -- an opportunity that Mercedes-Benz has been offering its customers for over 40 years through its European Delivery Program.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #266 on: March 27, 2006, 04:14:49 PM »
Here is The Practical Nomad's take on the computer ticketing problems at the airport in Moscow.  Interesting insight from a different perspective.