Author Topic: EP4 Title :' It's not over untill the Phil Sings '  (Read 55063 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: EP4 Title :' It's not over untill the Phil Sings '
« Reply #200 on: March 19, 2006, 07:50:51 PM »
Erstaunen Sie Boingo on the train station!

This picture was taken between 12:42 and 1:46 pm (assumes November 13th).
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: March 19, 2006, 08:03:50 PM »
:jam: I'll second the congrats to Boingo. I think these buildings (photo below) are what was mentioned. The german wikipedia has a huge photo of the station (1.5 mb) here; you can see the match. It's amazing how the right search term (in this case, hbf) can cut through the clutter.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: March 19, 2006, 08:21:42 PM »
It's amazing how the right search term (in this case, hbf) can cut through the clutter.

Darn it, slowhatch.  You just gave away my secrets for spoiling.    :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #203 on: March 19, 2006, 08:25:41 PM »
:) click for the large view ...AWESOME Boingo  :jam:

Chateau  :jumpy: now to find out whos in the silver MB ..I know Mo-Jo are in a black one for sure

<< some are silver some are black

« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 08:38:13 PM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #204 on: March 19, 2006, 09:20:17 PM »
The closest estimate on JO's watch is 12:25PM.

If the picture of the silver car on the test tract is estimated to be shot between 12:42 and 1:46PM, then the earlier shot of the black car (frame no. 36) looks like it is earlier since there is a longer shadow in front of the car.

But the time now fits with the arrival of the ICE trains from Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof:

Train no. 513 leaves at 8:54 and arrives at 10:08 (this train continues on to Munich arriving at 12:30)

Train no. 579 leaves at 9:20 and arrives at 10:33

Train no. 515 leaves at 10:54 and arrives at 12:08 (this train continues on to Munich arriving at 2:28)

Train no. 573 leaves at 11:20 and arrives at 12:33

So if some teams were able to get on Lufthansa flight 3189 in Moscow at 7:00AM they would arrive in FRA at 8:25AM and could catch train no. 513 or more likely 579.

If some of the teams can't catch this flight because of a computer glitch, then they miight catch some other airline flight and arrive in FRA between 10 and 11AM.

It looks like this is our scenario up to and including the MB test track task.  Then it is off down the autobahn to perhaps Ulm and Legoland.  Will check this out further.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #205 on: March 19, 2006, 10:22:50 PM »
 Gmans personal pictures :) click thumbnails
Puskin Museum of Fine Arts.

Main Iconostasis
Hall of Memory and Sorrow
Hall of Glory
World War Two Memorial.

Moscow Subway Station
Gmans Schnitzel  :snics: ;)

Offline libra

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #206 on: March 19, 2006, 10:26:15 PM »
Direct flights from Moscow to FRA:

LH 3189 dep 7:00 arr 8:25

next flight is Aeroflot 105 dep 11:00 arr 12:35

then LH 3181 dep 13:20 arr 14:45

I think I will go with the "official" description that only a few teams got lucky:

Mojo should be on this 7:00 flight according to his watch (showing 12:25 while doing the test track).

BJ/Tyler look happy so should be on this early flight.

who else?

So can we assume that these teams will have a huge lead?

Sunset should be about 4:38pm, the cap with Wanda driving and sunlight streaming from left window, approx. what time do you think it is? I don't want W/D to go home.  :'(

ETA: I couldn't find Nov 2005 schedules and used Nov 2006 ones, if I use this month's schedule flight # is the same and only 10 mins difference in departure time.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 12:04:18 AM by libra »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #207 on: March 19, 2006, 11:33:29 PM »
From what I can tell the majority of teams are driving a Black MB , when W&D pull over because Des says they are going the wrong way there is another Black MB pulled right behind theirs but I cant make who it is ?

Desiree: this is where we turned before
Wanda : Oh My Gawd !
Phil: Wanda & Desiree lose patience with each other
Wanda : Damn it DES
Des: don't you Damn-IT me

<< whos behind ? Pinkies ? Franknberry? or just a sunvisor ?

just cause
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 11:52:44 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2006, 12:06:16 AM »
This picture was taken between 12:00 and 12:15 pm (assumes November 13th).

There is a good shadow from one wing of the building onto the other.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2006, 12:41:58 AM »
Chateau   now to find out whos in the silver MB ..I know Mo-Jo are in a black one for sure

Did you notice that it drives out right past the clue box!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2006, 06:09:53 AM »
In the "Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines" promo, right at the very end where the Germans are dancing around the table. Are those gnomes on the left side of the table?

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #211 on: March 20, 2006, 09:42:28 AM »
Things are looking up (except in Atlanta where NASCAR may have postpone race again until Tuesday!!):

The shot of the train leaving taken at 12:00 to 12:15 would coincide with the arrival/departure of ICE train no. 515 which left Franfurt at 10:54 and arrived in Stuttgart at 12:08.  Looks like the Double Dees were on a train later than the others.

I think I have some of the questions about the driving solved.

The main autobahn (motorway - limited access) from Stuttgart to Munich is the A8.  Most of the driving is toward the southeast but there are some stretches, namely between Bad Ditzenbach and Wiesensteig where the road makes a sharp turn to the west for about 10 klicks,(so they would be driving into the late afternoon sun) then heads southeast again past Ulm.

The turnoff that the teams may be looking for is Guenzburg (spelled with a ue since my typing does not have an umlaut - you know the two little dots over a voul.) This is the exit which leads to LEGOLAND DEUTSCHLAND and is about 20 klicks past the main exit for ULM.

And if the Mom and Daughter missed the exit, and Beachboys were following (clue: DRIVING TO THE ROADBLOCK ONE DUO FOLLOWS ANOTHER TEAM WHO LEADS THEM IN THE WRONG DIRECTION ) they may have turned around and are now driving BACK on A8 toward Guenzburg so they would be travelling almost due west and right into the late afternoon sun!!

This also tells us that the ROADBLOCK may take place in some village off the main A8 autobahn and if not in Legoland, somewhere else in order to find the Travelocity gnome which they have to carry with them to Munich and the Detour at the Bavarian Film Studios.

Does this make sense?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 09:58:15 AM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #212 on: March 20, 2006, 10:05:40 AM »
Chateau   now to find out whos in the silver MB ..I know Mo-Jo are in a black one for sure

Did you notice that it drives out right past the clue box!
Which vidcap Chateau ?
Gman " Gentelman start your engines !! FX says the Atanta race is ready to roll !!
and Neobie , sorry I can't tell where the Gnome is setting , its so dark in that vidcap of Ray .
Also Gman we cant be sure whos following WanDe's , they appear to be short in the seat because you can almost make out a head unlike  Jeremy who would be tall in the seat behind the visor not under ..theres no way to be sure without an enhanced picture and I had no luck blowing it up only blurs it .

Pink ?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 10:09:38 AM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #213 on: March 20, 2006, 10:18:51 AM »
Looks like a D.

Puddin, the clubox appears in the few frames that follow this shot of the silver MB.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: March 20, 2006, 10:20:12 AM »
I see a lot of "pink" on the head of the driver behind W&D.  Ya think it may be the Double D's instead of the Beach Bums?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #215 on: March 20, 2006, 10:25:52 AM »
 :lol: pretty bad huh?

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: March 20, 2006, 10:49:24 AM »
A little pixelation magic, and we have a face only a mother would love.  :lol3:  :rotf: :crazy:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #217 on: March 20, 2006, 11:49:33 AM »
It looks like this is an important decision point on the road.

The backgrounds are the same? almost?

Offline libra

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #218 on: March 20, 2006, 12:41:02 PM »
Things are looking up (except in Atlanta where NASCAR may have postpone race again until Tuesday!!):

The shot of the train leaving taken at 12:00 to 12:15 would coincide with the arrival/departure of ICE train no. 515 which left Franfurt at 10:54 and arrived in Stuttgart at 12:08.  Looks like the Double Dees were on a train later than the others.

The main autobahn (motorway - limited access) from Stuttgart to Munich is the A8.  Most of the driving is toward the southeast but there are some stretches, namely between Bad Ditzenbach and Wiesensteig where the road makes a sharp turn to the west for about 10 klicks,(so they would be driving into the late afternoon sun) then heads southeast again past Ulm.

The turnoff that the teams may be looking for is Guenzburg (spelled with a ue since my typing does not have an umlaut - you know the two little dots over a voul.) This is the exit which leads to LEGOLAND DEUTSCHLAND and is about 20 klicks past the main exit for ULM.

And if the Mom and Daughter missed the exit, and Beachboys were following (clue: DRIVING TO THE ROADBLOCK ONE DUO FOLLOWS ANOTHER TEAM WHO LEADS THEM IN THE WRONG DIRECTION ) they may have turned around and are now driving BACK on A8 toward Guenzburg so they would be travelling almost due west and right into the late afternoon sun!!

This also tells us that the ROADBLOCK may take place in some village off the main A8 autobahn and if not in Legoland, somewhere else in order to find the Travelocity gnome which they have to carry with them to Munich and the Detour at the Bavarian Film Studios.

Does this make sense?

Late afternoon sun - that means it's after 3pm (sunset is 4:30) and Wanda & D are still trying to find their way to the roadblock, this doesn't look good. They still have to do the detours.

The pink is probably Ds' bandanna.

If Ds are on this ICE train leaving Frankfurt at 10:54 they must have taken the 7:00 flight and so did W/D.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: March 20, 2006, 01:04:57 PM »
I wonder if the two pictures of the train arriving and the D's departing are not in sequence.  IIRC the ICE-T train is shown arriving with the platform on the left side.  To leave the Stuttgart station, the D's would have to run toward the front of the train.  The D's are shown running on a platform that is on the right side of the train (running to front of the train, and you can see a reflection of the buildings in the train windows).  So the two scenes are not connected.  I assume the train arriving scene could be for any of the teams. 

« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 01:42:46 PM by Boingo »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #220 on: March 20, 2006, 02:00:06 PM »
I'd better chime in here too.

In the shot of the ICE T that I tagged with a time of day, I have not seen the video yet.  So I don't know if the train is going away or comming toward.  Obviously it's the nose of the train.  But that does not mean the train is going nose first.  Since the Stuttgard train staion is a dead end the trains have to back out when they leave.  From Google Earth and city maps I saw that there is a big rail yard about a mile away that the trains can back into and then leave nose first.  They may do this upon arrival at Stuttgard or upon departure.

What I was trying to get to here is that the tracks out of the station point Northeast.  The buildings we see in the promo shots are on the north side of the tracks.  The train in the time tagged shot is on a track that will let (or already let) passengers out on the south side of the train.  In the shot with D's the buildings are, again, on the north side of the train.  And so are the D's, on the north side of the train.  So, yes, these are differnt trains.

And finally, as hard as I tried I could not 100% convincingly confirm that the buildings reflected in the windows are the ones in the nice Stuttgard hbf photo.  It's close but frustratingly different.  Yes I inverted the reflection and enlarged it.  I suppose that there is a chance that it could be the D's at the Frankfurt station.  Very small one because the details of the platform do look like those in the Stuutgard hbf photo.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 02:03:16 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #221 on: March 20, 2006, 02:11:51 PM »

Does this make sense?

Late afternoon sun - that means it's after 3pm (sunset is 4:30) and Wanda & D are still trying to find their way to the roadblock, this doesn't look good. They still have to do the detours.

The pink is probably Ds' bandanna.

If Ds are on this ICE train leaving Frankfurt at 10:54 they must have taken the 7:00 flight and so did W/D.

I think it would deff be the Double Dee's following [why i dont know the Dees so far have been good with directions]

But doesnt a production team follow teams in another car??  I dont know why i always thought each car had another one following them?

Anyway i think the roadblock comes second becuase isnt the detour back in Munich?
And whats the 7:00 flight first or second flight?

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: March 20, 2006, 02:31:56 PM »
it could be the D's at the Frankfurt station.

IIRC, Frankfurt Hbf has a huge barrel vaulted roof covering all the platforms.  I guess TPTB were using some creative license in editing the previews.  I have no doubt these are different trains at Stuttgart Hbf.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #223 on: March 20, 2006, 02:45:02 PM »
the nose is going away from us ......

Driving to the Roadblock in Germany, one team follows another who leads them in the wrong direction,
as much as I've played with this picture we can't conclude which team is behind W&D

I cant wait untill tomorrow , thats when the best clues come in i.e. the TV guide & The Early Show

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #224 on: March 20, 2006, 03:00:55 PM »
First things first:  please note that the two old timers (Mark and DJ) finished in the top ten; old folk do stick around longer than people think they do. Now to the task at hand. What do we know? Probably this week there is more we do not know.

1. As the program begins we start where we left off last week in the plaza behind St. Basil's Cathedral: Eric and Jeremy with their hang dog expression on not winning some extra prize slink off toward the Russia House to finally open and read their clue (producers probably chased them away so that the teams coming in next would not see them reading a route marker envelope.  Most likely finishing order is: Beach Boys, Lake and Michelle, Ray and Yolanda, Hippies, Old Folk, Mom and Daughter, Double Dees, Mo/Jo, and the Nerds.  The first teams arrive just after sunset 4:30PM and it is much later and pitch black when the other teams arrive.

2. Now a big question mark: do the teams receive a clue to proceed to another site in Moscow for another clue or do they receive directions to proceed to Sheremetevo 2 Airport and arrange a flight to Frankfurt, Germany?  If they are to go to the airport now, the first two teams just might be able to catch the 7:05PM Lufthansa flight bringing them to Frankfurt at 8:30PM. But traffic in rush hour in Moscow does not move, and security at the airport is as tight as any airport in Europe and usually requires passengers to check in at least two hours before departure due to extra precautions which are in place ever since the Checknya terrorists have been active.  So it looks more likely that they will have to go somewhere else first.  And there are a lot of sites the the Russian Tourist Bureau would want to feature which have not been shown so far.  Just a few examples:

The Cathedral of the Redeemer and a really stunning interior.
The Puskin Museum of Fine Art with and excellent collection of French Impressionists
The Tretyakov Gallerey with the largest collection of Russian art in the world
The Museum of the Great Patriotic War (the Russian name for World War II) with its Hall of Memory and Sorrow, and Hall of Glory

But, of course, they may be given time just to go somewhere and rest (do some confessionals) before going to the airport at around 4:30AM in order to sign up for the 7:00AM Lufthansa flight no. LH 3189 which arrives in Frankfurt (FRA) at 8:25.  Or they just go to the airport from St. Basil's square and sleep in the terminal (not too likely as security is really, really tight here).

3.Upon arrival in FRA, the teams are directed to the Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof and catch the first ICE-T train south to Stuttgart.  Trains leave about every 30 minutes for the 1 hour 13 minute trip.  These are very comfortable and fast (300kph) with airplane reclining seats, and reserved seats (what a change from India! and no chance of the Double Dees being groped here!)

4. Arriving in Stuttgart, teams hire taxies to take them to the headquarters of Mercedes Benz in the suburb town of Untertuerkheim. Here in the parking area in front of the main building they find their next clue: get in one of the Mercedes parked there with a "professional" driver and windshield mounted camera, and take a spin on the high speed, high banked, world famous test track at speeds exceeding 120 miles an hour!!  Thrillsville!!

5. Completing the spin (hoping their pants are still dry) the teams are given their next clue. Either they take the car they have been in, or they get into new Mercedes.  They are told to drive toward Munich on the autobahn A8 and take the Guenzburg Exit. This is about a 45 minute drive.  Now it looks like some of the teams miss the exit and have to back track up the autobahn. (Which accounts for the sun being in some of their faces since they would be going West toward the sun and not East away from the afternoon sun). Possible it is Mom and Daughter who mess up, followed by the Double Dees, and perhaps another team or two.  Our clue seems to indicate tht one team leads just another one in the wrong direction.

6. Guenzburg is the site of LegoLand Deutschland and this may be our destination; or it could just be some rural village in the area since we have a nice shot of a typical Bavarian church and small town as our car drives along a narrow two lane country road. Anyway here is the site for the ROADBLOCK (the clue about the lost driver says "on the way to the roadblock")  There is no real idea what they have to do, but they all do seem to end up holding a Travelocity Gnome So it is "Find the Gnome" once again..  We had this one before in Turkey (?) and the teams had to carry it with them until the pit stop.  And we do see it sitting on the side later on. The only one we see doing the task is Tyler with BJ on the sidelines cheering him on!!

7.  Completing the task here they are directed to drive again on the autobahn A8 until the reach the southern suburb of Munich, Geiselgasteig, where they have to locate the Bavaria-Filmstadt Studios (commonly known as Hollywood on the Isar, where such films as E.T., The Neverending Story, Enemy Mine, Das Boot, and Cabaret were filmed).

8.  Now we get our DETOUR.  One taskSLAP IT is to learn and successfully dance the Schuhplattler this is the slap the theigh, slap the foot, etc. dance done to omp pah pah music.  And of course you will have to get decked out in Lederhausen first!  The only ones we see doing it our our loveable old folk.  The other taskBASH IT is the opportunity to crash a certain number of sugar bottles on your partner's head, or until a clue falls out of one of them and this could take a long time since there are hundreds and hundreds of bottles to be broken, but with a little bit of luck and a strong head a team might finish the task fast. We see the Beach Boys, Mo/Jo,and the Hippies and at least one other team doing this.  We only see Ray and Michelle getting into Lederhausen but we do not see which task they do.  It is here that we see Ray's Travelocity Gnome on the floor next to him.

9.  At the end of this task, our teams head to the pit stop.  What is one of the most famous spots in Munich? THE HOFBRAUHAUS the famous site of the October Fest! Or the Altes Rathaus, or perhaps the Residenz.  Who knows. But it is pretty certain that we will lose our third team this week.  Who goes?  My guess is that we lose the Nerds: David and Lori. Who comes in first?  My guess again is BJ and Tyler (have to stick with the Man from Harvard!)

One little added note for those who may be curious about the cuckoo clock.  The Black Forest or Schwarzwald is an area of dense pine woods  to the west of Stuttgart along the Rhine River around Feldberg, Baden-Baden, and Triberg.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 04:12:24 PM by gingerman28 »