Author Topic: EP4 Title :' It's not over untill the Phil Sings '  (Read 55016 times)

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP4 Title :' It's not over untill the Phil Sings '
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2006, 08:11:41 AM »
Beer Wine Scotch Vodka but no g.d. umbrella drinks on my boat!! :jam:

No problem - beer is my first choice and DH is a wine enthusiast. :beer2: But if a cute little bartender happens to hand me a pretty little frozen drink whats a gal suppose to do?  :-[

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2006, 09:37:22 AM »
Beer Wine Scotch Vodka but no g.d. umbrella drinks on my boat!! :jam:

Sausage is great but the Wienerschnitzel is even better and the apfelstrudel? out of this world. :-[

*packing bags to hitch a ride along* mmmmmm schnitzel!! my favorite. no umbrellas for me either, straight up please!!

love all this great speculation. have to ponder some of this now...as soon as i can stop thinking about strudel and schnitzel...
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2006, 10:55:46 AM »
My guess on the finish order at St. Basil's Cathedral (based on nothing but gut feelees)

1. Eric and Jeremy

2.  Lake and Michelle (very close behind)

3.  Ray and Yolanda

4.  BJ and Tyler

5.  Fran and Barry

6.  (Tie)Wanda and Deserie

6.  (Tie)  Danielle and Dani

8. Monica and Joseph

9.  David and Lori

The watch now looks more like 12:30.  Another possibility is 5:00 but I think that the sun has set by then on November 13. But will check that out. 

From the angle of the sun it certainly looks like late in the afternoon when the cars are zipping around the test track.

Talking about schnitzel, I'll send Puddin a picture of the world's greatest schnitzel restaurant in Vienna.  And you really have to be hungary to eat it all!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 03:02:03 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2006, 11:13:45 AM »
All the ladies want Gmans schnitzel  :snics:

« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 12:59:53 PM by puddin »

Offline goodyingbadyang

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm hungry
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2006, 11:17:35 AM »

something tells me they get pulled over, they ask the police/whatever where to go and they'll be fine
like someone said, it's probably another red herring to distract us from thinking that its Dave and Lori's time.

looks like Monica to me, not one of the Dees

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2006, 11:25:45 AM »
hmmmmmmm , I think your right never  :tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2006, 12:55:35 PM »
maybe this will help

After taking a water taxi to Kiz Kulesi, Uchenna & Joyce and Meredith & Gretchen climbed to the top of the island’s tower to find their next clue. Opening it, they learned they must search the island for one of four Travelocity Roaming Gnomes, each one with a different marking on the bottom. Teams didn’t know that the Team that carried the gnome with the plane marking on the bottom all the way to the Pit Stop would earn a special prize for this leg. After taking a gnome, Teams had to make their way 12 miles to Galata Kulesi Tower. After a successful partnership, with gnomes in hand and a sizable lead, Meredith & Gretchen and Uchenna & Joyce parted ways as each Team got into a taxi heading for the tower.
then detour
followed by the roadblock

After having to surrender their money and belongings, Ron & Kelly received even more good news when Phil told them they had the special Travelocity Gnome that awarded them $20,000 to spend on Travelocity. In addition, they would be spending the Pit Stop in a first-class suite at the Four Seasons Hotel
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/show/ep09/race/story/?id=6

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2006, 01:15:52 PM »
Found Bavaria Film Studios on Google Earth.  It's near Gruenwald, south of Munich.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2006, 01:55:55 PM »
If they get pulled over by the police on the Autobahn it was probably because they were only driving 90 miles per hour!

Sunrise in Stuttgart on November 13 was at 7:29AM and Sunset was at 4:46PM.  That is making the timing tight if the go to Munich first then drive to Stuttgart and it is still light for the test drive.  Could we be looking at a two-day gig?

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2006, 02:02:53 PM »
My guess on the finish order at St. Basil's Cathedral (based on nothing but gut feelees)

1. Eric and Jeremy

2.  Lake and Michelle (very close behind)

3.  BJ and Tyler

4.  Ray and Yolanda

5.  Fran and Barry

6.  Monica and Joseph

7.  (Tie)  Danielle and Dani

Wanda and Desiree

9.  David and Lori

The watch now looks more like 12:30.  Another possibility is 5:00 but I think that the sun has set by then on November 13. But will check that out. 

From the angle of the sun it certainly looks like late in the afternoon when the cars are zipping around the test track.

Talking about schnitzel, I'll send Puddin a picture of the world's greatest schnitzel restaurant in Vienna.  And you really have to be hungary to eat it all!

I think MOJO finishes after the four girls.  Wanda and Des were pretty much done they had already got it checked when MOJO and Nerds just started, and if they tie with the Danielles then both must almost be done.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2006, 02:12:22 PM »
Found this map of the Mercedes Technology Center in Sindelfingen.  (Also shows the Daimler Chrysler UNTERTÜRKHEIM facility in eastern Stuttgart).

FWIW the Sindelfingen facility has two test tracks.

Edited to add yet another map of both facilities.  This map shows a part of UNTERTÜRKHEIM test track
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 02:35:35 PM by Boingo »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2006, 02:26:00 PM »
.  Could we be looking at a two-day gig?

Way out theory ???

As I recall in St. Petersburg (TAR5) the teams visited the Hermitage after a train ride from Puskin (lucky them they visited before it was opened to the general public at which time it is hard even to get close enough to see half the paintings,) but I degress Afterwards they headed off to the airport and on to Cairo? There never were any previews or promos featuring this task, so I am thinking that after bunking for the night the teams have some task to perform in Moscow before heading to the airport.  They could search out the famous statue of Peter the Great in the Moscow river; or visit one of the many art galleries such as the Puskin Museum of Fine Arts or Tretyakov Gallery, Kolomenskoe, or the Cathedral of the Assumption, or navigate on the Moscow Subway and find one of the spectacular subway stations.

By doing something first in Moscow that would put them in position to get one of the later Lufthansa or Aeroflot flights to Frankfurt or Munich. Lufthansa has flights to FRA at 1:20PM, 2:20PM na d 7:05PM.  Arriving in FRA at 2:45 they could catch the 3:05 or 3:50 ICE to Munich. This is about a 3 hour and 43 minute ride. There is a direct aeroflot flight to Munich (time was posted above) But with the history of aeroflot safety or lack thereof, TPTB might not want to use this airline.

Just some ideas to ponder over the weekend (besides seeing your office pool picks being kicked to hell by the underdogs!)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 09:14:04 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2006, 02:33:34 PM »
Sindelfingen is in the Fuzzylands but there's a map page at the Daimler portal Boingo cited where you can see the test track outline. Wherever they go, judging by the photo, it's woods-y and has at least one medium-sized building nearby.
Umbrella drinks are fine with me; just pour them into a doggie canteen and I'll drink it when you get back from your cruise.  :jam:

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2006, 02:48:17 PM »
Pretty sure it must be the Mercedes test track at Sindelfingen and not the Porsche; even TPTB might feel uncomfortable using Mercedes cars (which have been one of the sponsors on many TAR's) on someone elses test facility!

Stuttgart is about 118 miles Northwest of Munich.  That's only a drive of a little over an hour on the Autobahn (for a German driver, that is!)

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2006, 02:48:37 PM »
anyone mention this yet? same clothing?

dees
ray
bj

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2006, 02:48:52 PM »
anyone mention this yet? same clothing?
I did in the spoiler thread but no one seemed to care banzai  :umn:
some pics
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 02:55:46 PM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2006, 03:05:22 PM »
Just when you thought you've seen enough pictures of MB test tracks, here are a few more.   (:;)

Daimler-Chrysler factory and test track in Untertuerkheim taken from blimp.

And yet another aerial picture of the entire track (below).

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2006, 04:16:25 PM »
 :umn: Could it possibly be?   ???   

Edited to add: Map of plant shows road curving under building, and blue "X" marks what may be the oval structure under elevated highway. This may be the main entrance into the Unterturkheim factory.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 05:21:39 PM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2006, 04:47:58 PM »
it looks the closest so far Boingo

test track at Untertürkheim

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2006, 06:15:38 PM »
Okay!  That seems certain.

Isn't this were the steep bank turn is?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2006, 08:58:49 PM »
The Dees are also wearing the same clothing and head scarves when we see them driving on the autobahn. So it looks like the train ride, the auto ride and the confessional are all filmed on the same day.

This is getting confusing.  Titles over the person who looks like he has arrived at the main building of MB headquarters in Untertuerkheim indicate DETOUR.  But didn't we establish that the Detour was perhaps at the Barvarian Film Studios in Munich - Flog or Clog?  Two detours? And we have clue that someone gets lost on the way to the Roadblock.  What gives??
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 09:07:49 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2006, 10:55:11 PM »
The Dees are also wearing the same clothing and head scarves when we see them driving on the autobahn. So it looks like the train ride, the auto ride and the confessional are all filmed on the same day.
Do you think the background looks like some Bavaria Inn ? That was my first thought and the Dee's dp mention the LAST pitstop .

Dani:" Danielle and I spent time with Jeremy & Eric at the last pitstop and you know we got to know the boys alot better .
 Danielle:They made our time there alot more fun,, Like  I reallly have to say I enjoyed my time at the pitstop ."

Yolanda :" when ever I get into water I just sink "

I found this , it looks like the shape of our track but I cant be sure

http://www.silhouet.com/motorsport/tracks/stuttgad.html
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 11:11:28 PM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2006, 12:04:36 AM »
The bold parts of the silhouet looks exactly like the test track at the Daimler-Chrysler plant at Unterturkheim.  (This may sound crazy, but do you think the extended "lighter" parts of the track (to the right) may be underground, or future extensions?)  I think you can see the smaller loop on the left in the photos of Unterturkheim.

According to Stuttgart subway map, Bad Cannstadt area is near Daimler Stadium (which is next to Unterturkheim plant)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 12:32:43 AM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2006, 12:13:32 AM »
Boingo I'd love to know the dealio as to WHY we can't get any ground level clear shots of this place  :snicker: ? Maybe personal camara's aren't allowed ? pretty weird ..

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2006, 12:35:39 AM »
Boingo I'd love to know the dealio as to WHY we can't get any ground level clear shots of this place  :snicker: ? Maybe personal camara's aren't allowed ? pretty weird ..

Ya think?  After all this plant has been around for 100 years.  The track must be over 50 years old.  Maybe they don't want BMW to find out any secrets.   Too bad Google Earth doesn't provide high resolution images of Stuttgart, so we can see for ourselves.  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 12:42:47 AM by Boingo »