Author Topic: TAR9 Schedule  (Read 15058 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: TAR9 Schedule
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2006, 10:30:41 AM »
Wasn't the monkey feeding festival in Lopburi on Sunday November 27th?  So they would have to already be there making Ep 11 start on the 26th.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2006, 10:46:41 AM »
Monkeys grab food during the Monkey Buffet Festival at at the Pra Prang Sam Yot temple in Lopburi. Monkeys grab food at the Pra Prang  during the Monkey Buffet Festival in Lopburi, about 150 km (92 miles) north of Bangkok November 27, 2005.

link

Lopburi Monkey Festival (Last weekend in November) link

The provincial capital of Lopburi in Central Thailand is home to countless monkeys that have adapted to life in an urban ...

I have this saved in my files , before I forget , some nice pictures

Ayutthaya on December 3, 2005
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 10:56:28 AM by puddin »

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2006, 02:27:49 PM »
It's definitely possible the dates on the route spec are off a day or two. Or maybe TAR paid something to keep the monkeys around an extra day for filming purposes -- don't know if they would have wanted to have been there on an actual festival day as it might have been harder to coordinate tasks with pre-planned ceremonies/events going on.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2006, 02:39:38 PM »
You are totally on the spot!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2006, 04:36:16 PM »
agreed Chateau  :tup: , so glad to have you back mwooden !!

Wednesday, May 17 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) THE AMAZING RACE 9 --
And then there were three… The final three teams race to the finish line during a special two-hour finale. Phil Keoghan hosts (Season finale).

4/26/06 (We.)  8:00 PM  (#910) Do You Know How Much Running I Did Today, Phil?
5/3/06 (We.)  8:00 PM  (#911) Man, They Should Have Used Their Fake Names
5/10/06 (We.)  8:00 PM  (#912) N/A
5/17/06 (We.)  8:00 PM  (#913/914) 2 hour finale

thanks to the futoncritic
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 05:08:43 PM by puddin »

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2006, 07:29:50 AM »
I forgot about the TBC leg earlier. That means there is one less NEL than I put in the schedule above and explains why there are 3 teams in the finale, not 4.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2006, 02:12:52 PM »
Teams fly on November 19 (see close up of Barry ticket) from Athens to Muscat, Oman on Gulf Air flight 042 leaving at 2:35PM and arriving in Oman that same day at 10:30PM. Teams then have to wait until 6:00AM on November 20 to complete the two tasks for the Detour and the Roadblock and then drive to Jabreen for the pit stop.  Two teams arrive before sunset, the other three teams arrive in the dark.

So if it is a normal 12 hour pit stop they would be leaving Oman on November 21 arriving in Australia November 22. Of course, TPTB could be throwing in a 36 hour pit stop because the teams are pretty damn exhausted by now.  So they then could be leaving Oman on November 22 arriving in Perth/Fremantel on November 23.

There have only  been 6 elimination legs so far; Phil promised that we would have 8 by the end of the series.

That means that there could be only three teams left for the final two hour telecast on May 17.

AND keep in mind when teams fly from Japan to Seattle on to Anchorage that they will cross the INTERNATIONAL DATE LINE and will therefore land in Alaska on the same day that they leave Tokyo.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2006, 11:47:42 AM »
Hi guys! Took a little hiatus there… there’s only one episode left that is NOT non-elimination. The NEL's are tough to figure out -- maybe a 4-team finale? Here’s route spec for the end of the race. The order is pretty much set. Don’t think Perth/Darwin will be combined – that’s about a 1700-mile stretch. So how do the last few legs break down? My guess is that the last hour of the finale is an Anchorage/Denver combo with some tricky editing to fit it all in. Here’s a best-guess approach…

EPISODE 11 – 5/10/06
START: Darwin, Australia (November 27, 2005)
FINISH: Lopburi Thailand (via Adelaide, Australia and/or Bangkok) (November 28, 2005)
Dates locked in because of monkey festival dates in Lopburi
Couple spotted in Adelaide trying to get to Bangkok

We are pretty sure that we go to Darwin after Perth.  Then on to Thailand through Bangkok.  WHAT GETS ME IS THAT IF THE TEAMS ARE IN DARWIN WHAT IN HELL IS ONE TEAM DOING ABOUT A THOUSAND MILES AWAY IN ADELAIDE?

DECOY????????

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2006, 12:08:50 PM »
good question Gman !

from the spoilers

more, posted on 11/ 26 
This mornings papers up here in Darwin said that the latest series of TAR was being filmed here. Contestants arrived Thurs night and rushed through the airport then yesterday they filmed at the Crocodile Park (all they do there is feed the snapping handbags and have animals on display so I guess there is a challenge to feed them (usually a chicken on a string off a pole). After this the paper said the contestants were then rushed off to another secret location. If they arrived late Thur night then they have either flown in from somewhere in asia or Melb or Syd (only international flights come in from Brunei, Indonesia or Singapore).

article post Nov 29th ( in tar days Nov 27th )
DID we see contestants from The Amazing Race in Adelaide?

Onlookers at Adelaide Airport on Sunday wondered what all the fuss was about when a desperate-looking couple attempted to book a capacity Singapore Airlines flight.
They also happened to be young, good-looking Americans carrying only backpacks, with a TV crew filming their every move.
They had boarding passes for a flight to Sydney, and after being told the Singapore Airlines flight was full, they ran back to the domestic terminal (bet they're wishing the new terminal was in operation).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 12:14:31 PM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2006, 12:13:38 PM »

We are pretty sure that we go to Darwin after Perth.  Then on to Thailand through Bangkok.  WHAT GETS ME IS THAT IF THE TEAMS ARE IN DARWIN WHAT IN HELL IS ONE TEAM DOING ABOUT A THOUSAND MILES AWAY IN ADELAIDE?

DECOY????????

I have an idea. Looking at airwise flights from Darwin to Bangkok  on Nov 25 and 26, flights are very limited. On the 25th only a 5:30a.m. and 3:45 p.m. Adelaide to Bangkok has many flights all day long -- maybe 1 to 2 hours apart. Someone trying to get ahead of the pack or catch up to them???? Maybe TPTB even charter a flight to Adelaide for them to catch flights from there.

ETA: My dates were a little off here but flights are similar every day. Only 1 or 2 flights from Darwin and tons of them from Adelaide.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 12:27:36 PM by supsandalee »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2006, 12:22:06 PM »
FWIW - The only flight that shows on Nov 27th from Adelaide to Bangkok is at 12:05 p.m. and it does connect in Sydney.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2006, 11:04:41 AM »
Doubt they'd bother with a decoy in Australia -- gotta be a connection thing. My guess is that other teams had a faster connection to Bangkok and that this team took a later connection thru Adelaide but were exploring their options once there to get them on to Bangkok a little sooner.