Author Topic: TAR9 Schedule  (Read 15054 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR9 Schedule
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2006, 10:36:23 PM »
hmmmm , yes I do but if the BF found out I was watching tv while driving he would arrest me  :lol:

:lol3: is he good cop or bad cop

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2006, 10:38:34 PM »
 :bny3: Good cop

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2006, 10:49:29 PM »
 :lol3: can u say that with a straight face?  :bny8:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2006, 11:05:30 PM »
he's a good cop , you better watch out Kogs ..I'll send him to Jersey to get ya  :snics:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2006, 11:09:31 PM »
bring him on  :jam: i can then come to clean your house for you  :hearts: :lol3:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2006, 09:31:10 AM »
According to the Hattiesburg newspaper, Lake and Michelle were in sequesterville for 9 days. Does this help in determining the rest of the schedule/timeline?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2006, 09:38:20 AM »
I need someone to redo the schedule , where has our mwooden gone  :bny2: ..anyone else want to take a stab at it ?

we still have a big gap if Leg 8 is Nov 18th or 19th then how do we fill in up to the 23rd sightings in Perth ? are we missing a leg ? remember I still have that article where Phil says they make a stop in Africa ? or a 36 hour reststop ot longer  :lol:?

23/11 - filming at Rottnest Island Prison (near Perth)
24/11 - arrived in Darwin, went to Skycity hotel
25/11 - went to crocodile park
28/11 - “desperate-looking” couple running around airport in Adelaide

EPISODE 8 – 4/18/06
 NEL ?
START& End : Oman (November 18/19 , 2005)

EPISODE 9 – 4/25/06
START: Perth/Rottnest, Australia (November 23, 2005)
Sighting in Perth/Rottnest ON these dates at Woodside building, Fremantle prison, lunch stop

FINISH: TO BE CONTINUED
This is a likely spot for a TBC leg, since we know they stay in the country until Darwin, which is not within easy driving distance of Perth (in other words, Perth & Darwin are probably not in the same episode), boat footage in preview could be ferry to Fremantle Prison (look at water off Perth on Google Earth compared to aerial shots of boat in TAR9 previews), snorkeling?

EPISODE 10 ( continued from Episode 8 ) – 5/2/06
START: PICK UP FROM TO BE CONTINUED (November 25/26, 2005)
FINISH: Darwin, Australia (November 26, 2005)
Crocodylus Park

EPISODE 11 – 5/9/06
START: Darwin, Australia (November 27, 2005)
FINISH: Lopburi Thailand (via Adelaide, Australia and/or Bangkok) (November 28, 2005)
Dates locked in because of monkey festival dates in Lopburi
Couple spotted in Adelaide trying to get to Bangkok

EPISODE 12 – 5/16/06
START: Lopburi, Thailand (November 29, 2005)
FINISH: Tokyo, Japan (November 30, 2005)
Shots of shopping district, Mt. Fuji

EPISODE 13 (HOUR 1) – 5/23/06
START: Tokyo, Japan (December 1, 2005)
FINISH: Anchorage, Alaska (December 2, 2005) – might be pit stop or just rest stop
K2 flying service, sighting in airport

EPISODE 13 (HOUR 2) – 5/23/06
START: Anchorage, Alaska (December 3, 2005)
FINISH: Denver, Colorado (December 3, 2005)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 10:18:46 AM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2006, 10:26:46 AM »
I need someone to redo the schedule , where has our mwooden gone  :bny2: ..anyone else want to take a stab at it ?

we still have a big gap if Leg 8 is Nov 18th or 19th then how do we fill in up to the 23rd sightings in Perth ? are we missing a leg ? remember I still have that article where Phil says they make a stop in Africa ? or a 36 hour reststop ot longer  :lol:?

Maybe we're further along than suspected. If Phil's call from the middle east was on November 21st then the Oman leg is a day or two later. Or .... there is a second middle east location that fills the gap????  But that might mess up the number of remaining episode.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2006, 10:42:30 AM »
my stab at the schedule

Episode 8- Oman
Episode 9- Thailand
Episode10- Aussie 1
Episode11- Aussie 2
Episode12- Japan1
Episode13/14- japan-alaska rest stop in alaska? followed by race to the finish?

or

Episode 8- Oman
Episode 9- Aussie1
Episode10-Aussie2
Episode11-Thailand
Episode12-Japan
Episode13/14 Japan-alaska-race to the finish

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 11:40:53 AM »
This all just crys out for HOME SCHOOLING!!! Set your own schedules!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2006, 11:46:57 AM »
 :lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2006, 11:52:50 AM »
LOL Gman  :lol: !
I guess we wait and see what tomorrow nights previews bring ..maybe there are two legs in the Middle East? As for Phil's interview on the 21st the article is now gone so we can't see when it was published ..let me dig  through the achives

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2006, 11:54:37 AM »
Update
ChipnKim says the finale is May 17TH !

http://www.mldevents.com/TAR9Finale/

This date does make sense and fits in with the schedule on the CBS News website for the Travelocity award weekly contest. The last entry is to be made on May 13 after the May 10 telecast.  So my schedule looks like this:

Using Leg numbers and not episode numbers so my legs are one behind the episode number due to the TBC in Moscow:

Leg 7 - Telecast on April 19      N E L          5 Teams start 5 Teams finish

Leg 8 - Telecast on April 26      Philmatic      5 Teams start 4 Teams finish

Leg 9 - Telecast on May 3         N E L          4 Teams start 4 Teams finish

Leg 10- Telecast on May 10       Phlmatic      4 Teams start 3 Teams finish

Leg 11 -Telecast on May 17       FINISH Line  3 Teams start 3 Teams finish
 or get stopped on the way to the finish line if they are farr behind the winners. This also could be a two-hour special with an overnight in Alaska on the way to the finish line back again at the Red Rock Amphitheatre outside of Denver.  The first TAR to end exactly where it started.

At the beginning of the series, Phil said that there would be 8 elimination legs without saying how many NEL's

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2006, 11:59:31 AM »
 (EP9: 'How's that Face Feel?' Nov. 22 from this thread )

'Amazing Race' scrambles across Utah tonight

Tonight's edition of CBS' "The Amazing Race 8" should be of special interest to Utahns - and not just because it's the popular reality TV series' 100th episode.
   Almost the entire show was filmed in Utah - the first time in its history that "The Amazing Race" has visited the Beehive State. Contestants dashed from Lake Powell to Salt Lake City, with some scenic detours through Utah's redrock canyons, alpine valleys and northern mountains.

"We're showing off the whole state," host Phil Keoghan told The Salt Lake Tribune in a phone interview from somewhere - he wouldn't say - halfway around the world. "I can't say exactly where the show went. But the whole state is featured prominently,  and I think people will be very pleased. It looks beautiful."

On tonight's episode, the teams race their GMC Yukons from Monument Valley through Moab, Green River, Heber City and Park City before finishing in Salt Lake City, according to CBS-TV spokesman Mitch Graham. Contestants and crews spent three days in Utah shooting the episode last summer, Graham said.

Neither Graham nor Keoghan would reveal details about the teams' activities in Utah. But between CBS' Web site and the network's  previews of tonight's episode, some clues have emerged.

The previews show a contestant leaping off a ski jump and face-planting into a pool, something that could only happen at the Utah Olympic Park near Park City. And the Web site hints at teams receiving clues from "an 1,100-pound grizzly bear," which suggests a possible rendezvous with Heber City's Doug and Lynne Seus and their trained grizzly, Tank, star of such movies as "Dr. Dolittle 2."

"There will be some prominent landmarks featured," promised the typically secretive Keoghan by cell phone from the set of the show's ninth season, now shooting "somewhere near the Middle East." Keoghan has visited Park City for the Sundance Film Festival and hopes to race a car someday on the Bonneville Salt Flats.
   "Utah is truly a spectacular part of the world," said the well-traveled host. "I've always enjoyed going there."
   "The Amazing Race" is the fourth unscripted TV show to visit Utah in recent months. NBC's "Three Wishes" was shot in Cedar City, ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" was filmed in Bountiful and the syndicated program "Elimidate" was shot in Salt Lake City.
   Utah tourism officials are thrilled about tonight's episode, which they view as free, prime-time publicity for the state's natural beauty.
   "We know the reach of ["The Amazing Race"] is extensive," said Leigh von der Esch, managing director of the state's Office of Tourism. "To have a show showcasing our locales is terrific."
    ---
http://www.sltrib.com/healthscience/ci_3240634

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?topic=7182.msg96506#msg96506

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2006, 01:11:28 PM »
TV Guide Magazine ~April 24-30
Best iof May sweeps :
May 17th ,It's the last pit stop for the Amazing Race 8/7c

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2006, 01:20:13 PM »
so the no double episode mean final4 in hour1 and final 3 in hour 2 of finale ala tar5 and 6?

Offline amazingfan92

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2006, 05:44:54 PM »
Is the finale on May 24th, because it will go up against LOST and American Idol?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2006, 05:49:01 PM »
I beleive it was scheduled for the 24th but the powers that be saw the light and know they can't compete with AI finale as well as LOST and I think America's Model .

Its now scheduled for the 17th :yaya:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2006, 07:40:31 PM »
If it helps any, I went back and listened to Phil at Red Rocks. He said there would be 8 elimination stops. According to the leaderboard at the CBS site, they've already used 6 of the 8.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2006, 08:38:45 PM »
Update
ChipnKim says the finale is May 17TH !

http://www.mldevents.com/TAR9Finale/

This date does make sense and fits in with the schedule on the CBS News website for the Travelocity award weekly contest. The last entry is to be made on May 13 after the May 10 telecast.  So my schedule looks like this:

Using Leg numbers and not episode numbers so my legs are one behind the episode number due to the TBC in Moscow:

Leg 7 - Telecast on April 19      N E L          5 Teams start 5 Teams finish

Leg 8 - Telecast on April 26      Philmatic      5 Teams start 4 Teams finish

Leg 9 - Telecast on May 3         N E L          4 Teams start 4 Teams finish

Leg 10- Telecast on May 10       Phlmatic      4 Teams start 3 Teams finish

Leg 11 -Telecast on May 17       FINISH Line  3 Teams start 3 Teams finish
 or get stopped on the way to the finish line if they are farr behind the winners. This also could be a two-hour special with an overnight in Alaska on the way to the finish line back again at the Red Rock Amphitheatre outside of Denver.  The first TAR to end exactly where it started.

At the beginning of the series, Phil said that there would be 8 elimination legs without saying how many NEL's

If the Grand Finale on May 17 is a two legged monster, then the first hour, Leg 11, could be a NEL (3 Teams start, 3 Teams finish) and the second hour could be Leg 12 the race to the finish line from Alaska to Denver.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2006, 08:09:26 PM »
Datestamp:  The Oman episode took place on either November 20th or 21st according to flights teams took from Athens to Oman. The only dates between Nov 18-21 that the hippies flight (Qatar 473) was possible was on November 19th or 20th.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2006, 08:14:51 PM »
Good job Sups, that ties in with Phil's interview during TAR8 on 11/21.

Did they show eat, sleep, mingle for this show?  There are some team-arrival-after dark clues to deal with.  To indicate greater than 12 pit stop that is.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2006, 08:41:39 PM »
I don't think they did.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2006, 07:21:43 AM »
Hi guys! Took a little hiatus there… there’s only one episode left that is NOT non-elimination. The NEL's are tough to figure out -- maybe a 4-team finale? Here’s route spec for the end of the race. The order is pretty much set. Don’t think Perth/Darwin will be combined – that’s about a 1700-mile stretch. So how do the last few legs break down? My guess is that the last hour of the finale is an Anchorage/Denver combo with some tricky editing to fit it all in. Here’s a best-guess approach…

EPISODE 9 – 4/26/06
START: Jabreen, Oman (November 22, 2005)
FINISH: Perth/Rottnest, Australia (November 24, 2005)
Sighting in Perth/Rottnest ON these dates at Woodside building, Fremantle prison, lunch stop
NEL? 5 teams remaining

EPISODE 10 – 5/3/06
START: Perth/Rottnest, Australia (November 25, 2005)
FINISH: Darwin, Australia (November 26, 2005)
Crocodylus Park
4 teams remaining

EPISODE 11 – 5/10/06
START: Darwin, Australia (November 27, 2005)
FINISH: Lopburi Thailand (via Adelaide, Australia and/or Bangkok) (November 28, 2005)
Dates locked in because of monkey festival dates in Lopburi
Couple spotted in Adelaide trying to get to Bangkok
NEL? 4 teams remaining

EPISODE 12 (HOUR 1) – 5/17/06
START: Lopburi, Thailand (November 29, 2005)
FINISH: Tokyo, Japan (November 30, 2005)
Shots of shopping district, Mt. Fuji
NEL? 4 teams remaining or maybe no pit stop in the middle

EPISODE 12 (HOUR 2) – 5/17/06
START: Tokyo, Japan (December 1, 2005)
FINISH: Denver, Colorado via Anchorage, Alaska (December 3, 2005)
K2 flying service, sighting in Alaska airport

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2006, 08:32:15 AM »
mwooden , did you hear me calling you ?  :kuss: Welcome back and thank you  :hearts: